• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[A Robotic Match-Up Directory] Official Match-up Discussion (14 - Clean Up!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sudai

Stuff here
SH Fair approach eats Pit's arrows alive. Pit off stage is super easy, save your laser for when he starts to glide or uses his up-b. Don't try to camp Pit. It doesn't work. Just zone the piss holes out of him with FTilt/DTilt. When he takes to the air, rise with him and FAir him. It's too easy.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I've had bad experiences with Pit. The best Pit in MD/VA happens to be Nacker's identical twin brother, so... he knows how to tear ROB apart.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
SH Fair approach eats Pit's arrows alive. Pit off stage is super easy, save your laser for when he starts to glide or uses his up-b. Don't try to camp Pit. It doesn't work. Just zone the piss holes out of him with FTilt/DTilt. When he takes to the air, rise with him and FAir him. It's too easy.
Wait a minute. Fair cancels Pit's arrows?

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
Yeah, there is really nothing safe that ROB can do at all other than perfectly spaced ftilts. Pretty much everything else is punishable. And omg Marth edgeguards like a beast, and it's impossible to airdodge through his ****. When I post up the vids of me vs NEO, just look at all the damage he racks up edgeguarding me. It's ****ing scary. Nowhere is safe against Marth! Luckily ROB outlives Marth by like double, otherwise this would be an impossible matchup.
I haven't had a chance to check through all the posts after this one but I wanna address this ****...

No one ever listens to me when I tell them almost everything JCz is saying and I said it mooonths ago :(

oh well, at least people believe me know >_>

****ing Marth...

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Aw all your charts look pretty much the same. None of you guys feel radically different from the consensus on any matchups? Borrrring!

Mmac

Smash Lord
Aw all your charts look pretty much the same. None of you guys feel radically different from the consensus on any matchups? Borrrring!
Well, do you want me to make you a special one then?

BTW, the old template you were using was being used by half the character boards <_<

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I wasn't talking about that Mmac :laugh: The new chart looks good.

I meant, the charts that the other ROB players made, they all look the same. *yawn*

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul

There, I made my own. I see it conflicts with some characters, so if you feel I have something off, just say so.

e: I'll made ICs 65-35 next time, I forgot how good ROB is at getting out of chaingrabs.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
That's definitely a problem.

Fixing chart now.

There, not the cleanest, but that's what I think it is now. I'm free to discuss if you want.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Zelda is a tough fight for me as R.O.B. although you might be going too far, I'd more agree with a 40-60.

Her Fsmash seems to kill anything we can throw at her, not to mention she can camp very well with her Din's fire and reflector.

Also we all know ROB's weakest spot is below him, and Zelda punishes HARD when someone is above her (Usmash, Utilt, Uair)

It doesn't help that most of Zelda's moves also throw you up in the air.. Like her Ftilt, and her dash attack.. That being said R.O.B. has some good stuff on Zelda that probably keeps it more close to 40/60 than anything else. When Zelda uses her Din's she is very vulnerable to a free laser, which also makes her lose control of her Din's. You can also bait her to use her reflector with your lasers and leave her wide open.

This is definetly a fight R.O.B. can handle, it will just keep you on your toes more than any other fight and require you to be at your best.

I'd say it is more of a slight advantage, if you know what Zelda can do to you and defend yourself accordingly.

Just remember Zelda does not have an offensive game.

As for G&W I really do not agree he is my hardest fight as a R.O.B. but I don't want to get into that discussion right now.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
G&W at 50-50? I like this guy already.

That's what I'm talking about, stir **** up!

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Kirby: 55-45
Zelda and Wolf: 35-65

As for Kirby, I find that he is very nimble in the air, but so is ROB. In the air ROB beats Kirby, but not by much. On the ground, I'd say it's also in ROB's favor, but not by much again, however I just find that racks up damage moreso than ROB does.

Zelda: From what I've seen and played, Zelda ***** ROB. Zelda has some problems racking the damage, but she has so many kill moves that I find it so hard to beat Zeldas. And because ROB is so big, her Fair and Bair hit much easier than usual.

As for Wolf: I find it insanely hard to approach him. "You don't approach, he does." That's not the case. You can't camp Wolf, he can literally just reflector putting your lazer and gyro out of business, and on the ground, Wolf completely ***** ROB and his Bair is so good at approaching, it's hard to beat it.

These are short summaries. I'm tired and want to go to bed.

e: I don't find GaW too hard actually, they get predictable with approaches.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Well...he's sort of floaty. By nimble in the air, I mean not a fast-faller.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
G&W at 50-50? I like this guy already.
at first I almost thought I was taking crazy pills...and then I read this:
That's what I'm talking about, stir **** up!
haha...but yeah, people seem to be having strange opinions on matchups...I won't go into the G&W thing because, unfortunately, most of the good ROBs out there may just say "you must not be fighting good G&W players"...BUT you mention the character's predictable approaches. Elaborate please? [so I can agree/disagree/debate/etc :)]

Wolf? You just gotta used to the matchup, is all...find out what works and stick to it. I don't have much experience against Wolf at ALL so I can't think of anything specific off the top of my head like I could vs. Marth or something, but I'm usually pretty intuitive when I actually get to play one, but it's never been THAT bad. I got outplayed by Chillin in one match because there were a lot of things about Wolf I didn't know at the time, but that's the only time really.

As for Zelda...hmmmm...actually no, just as a reaction to your chart in general, I'd love to see some vids of you [I'm not trying to be a smarta.ss, I'm honestly curious]

:)

jjvirus

Smash Champion
@GW: I do agree with what you say for Kirby, Im gonna change my mind to 50-50 rather 60-40 though. For Zelda....I'll stay 50-50, and for Wolf...toasty pretty much said it for me, just gotta get used to the matchup.

@Tant: I like your chart, cept Im still confused on Squirtle...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom