• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[A Robotic Match-Up Directory] Official Match-up Discussion (14 - Clean Up!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
I'll vote for D3 if I can't be redirected to some previous discussion on him. My mains are ROB/Marth and I'm tired of using Marth against D3 so it would be very helpful.

Sudai

Stuff here
Sonic -1
Diddy - 3 (I'm the 3rd)
D3 - 1
GnW - 2

We're doing Diddy this week. God **** am I lucky Lee just picked up Diddy 4 days ago so I can contribute. XD

emergency

Smash Journeyman
I believe it's Diddy, and Sudai-chan has yet to edit the topic title.

We've gone through many discussions since Pika...haven't we?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
So have we come to a consensus on the matchup ratios for Zelda or Pikachu? I'm pretty sure most of us agreed on 45:55 for the Zelda matchup, dunno about Pika though.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Well here's my opinions on ROB's matchups if anyone cares. Sudai can you add a link to this picture in the first post next to yours?

I know some of my opinions are a bit "unconventional" and stray from the general consensus but I'd be glad to argue any of them (though maybe this isn't the right thread for that).

I'd like to see some other big name ROBs make their own charts.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
good **** JCz...and thank goodness I'm not the only one who feels that way about Lucas. Gonzo's brother has a REALLY solid Lucas...it was kinda scary going from playing against the trashiest smasher in SoVa who happens to use Lucas to playing someone who's actually good with him @_@

Also....hmm...is the gimping factor really that huge of an advantage vs. Ike? Most Ikes just aren't that smart but the only ones who have given me a lot of trouble were I'vejihadit and Chillin...freakin brown people, you KNOW I suck at dittos >_>

I wish I knew more of these matchups so I could comment accordingly, but YES @ Marth.

Sudai

Stuff here
Ike really is that easy. Gimping will happen 80% of the time.

Link added, JCZ.

Glad some other big names finally decided to do this. : )

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I wish I knew more of these matchups so I could comment accordingly, but YES @ Marth.
Yeah, playing with NEO so much and just seeing the crap that Marth can do has convinced me that it's in Marth's favor, maybe even more than 45-55. He just has so much unpunishable BS on ROB and you literally can't attack Marth's shield. In fact I have some brand new vids vs his Marth I just uploaded onto youtube which I'll add to the video thread soon.

And yes, Ike loses horribly to ROB. I've been beating some very good ones, including Chillin's in a MM (it wasn't **** but I felt like I was playing pretty bad and I still won). It's gimptastic.

I'm surprised no one's commented on me having the G&W match at only 45-55.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
well I have no experience against G&W so I have no real grounds to comment on that. I'm curious though as to how it's that close.

And yeah I was going to add that it really should be 40:60 against Marth.

Kadaj is just below Neo and mostly just lacks the experience he has, but seriously Kadaj's Marth is amazing, esp vs. ROB [thanks to tons of practice against me >_>] but soooo many options.

Seriously, I've seen vids of other "good Marth players" and they're good...true, but they don't capitalize on all the options they really have on ROB...seriously. I can't stress this enough. Marth's hitboxes cover soo much space that if you dodge one attack, he's got another waiting for the dodge to end :(

Juggle traps.

Ugh.

Sudai

Stuff here
I've never played any really good Marths aside from RoyR (and that was just one friendly, sadly) so I don't have any grounds to argue numbers on him. ><

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Yeah, there is really nothing safe that ROB can do at all other than perfectly spaced ftilts. Pretty much everything else is punishable. And omg Marth edgeguards like a beast, and it's impossible to airdodge through his ****. When I post up the vids of me vs NEO, just look at all the damage he racks up edgeguarding me. It's ****ing scary. Nowhere is safe against Marth! Luckily ROB outlives Marth by like double, otherwise this would be an impossible matchup.

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
Ouch Jcaes, I just watched those two against NEO. You must have eaten about 300+%(!!!) all those times trying to get back on the stage in the battlefield match alone. Are you absolutely positive that airdodging would still have gotten you hit every time? I would have thought that after 20 times of recovering low/middle, at least one or two falling airdodges might have worked. The quality of Marths that I play is probably nowhere near the ones that you play, but even they know how to spike me from ledgehopping a dair or knock me back with a ledge-dropped bair. Is recovering high/airdodging in general really that 100% bad? I don't think you really tried it more than once when you got hit from it. Instead, you kept doing nairs which he just read well and kept pushing you offstage again.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
yeah I can't get back on the stage for **** against Dr. PP either.

Marth is the best edgeguarder in the game, bar none.

I'm still trying to find a way around it...just recover high is all the advice I have.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Ouch Jcaes, I just watched those two against NEO. You must have eaten about 300+%(!!!) all those times trying to get back on the stage in the battlefield match alone. Are you absolutely positive that airdodging would still have gotten you hit every time? I would have thought that after 20 times of recovering low/middle, at least one or two falling airdodges might have worked. The quality of Marths that I play is probably nowhere near the ones that you play, but even they know how to spike me from ledgehopping a dair or knock me back with a ledge-dropped bair. Is recovering high/airdodging in general really that 100% bad? I don't think you really tried it more than once when you got hit from it. Instead, you kept doing nairs which he just read well and kept pushing you offstage again.
His fairs have so little lag that if you airdodge you're going to get hit anyway. He also uses nairs and bairs, which have sweetspots which can kill pretty low. Basically, he has to mess up for me to get back to the stage. And NEO is arguably the best Marth in the country (and by extension, the world), so he doesn't screw up much. You better know how to conserve fuel if you play a good Marth who's aggressive off the edge.

jjvirus

Smash Champion
Either G&W or Toon Link. Either one is fine with me.

And here is my chart :)

EDIT: I fixed the coloring on some of the match ups so they could be readable. Just in case you wanted to put up this chart instead of the other one.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
On JJ's chart

Here's what I would change

ZSS- 55-45 in rob's favor
G&W 40-60
Ivysaur is 80-20
Squirtle 50-50
Yoshi 60-40
Diddy 55-45

jjvirus

Smash Champion
Zss, Yoshi, and Diddy I could agree with. G&W I say is at least 65-35 (G&W), Ivy I wouldn't say that hard of a counter, Squirtle = idk for me lol

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Squirtle is actually a very solid character. He's only crappy because he gets tired and he's attached to Ivysaur.

Sudai

Stuff here
Ice-Climber's metagame heavily revolves around chain grabs. ROB is -very- good at splitting them up and keeping them apart. On top of this, Ice Climbers don't have a very solid approach game and ROB easily outcamps them making things even easier.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Once he separates Nana and Popo, he's screwed. Moreso than he normally would be. And ROB's moves generally outrange them too.

And what Sudai said.

M.K

Level 55
I see....

...what about the Pit match-up? I just got beat by Pit. It seems like his camping game is better than ours.

jjvirus

Smash Champion
I see....

...what about the Pit match-up? I just got beat by Pit. It seems like his camping game is better than ours.
Fair, Bair > Arrows

You out range him abuse tilts!!! The only good thing I see about Pit are his reflectors (side, down B) Other than that he isnt much of a threat.

Others add more pl0x?

JJ your chart is a lot like Sudai's.
Yeah I realized that after I made the chart XD Oh well, I guess that's a good thing :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom