• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

a REAL Captain Falcon combo video

Face124

Smash Ace
Edinburgh. Pm for a Brawl and I'll get back to you
I've noticed a lot of "Combo videos" on youtube aren't really combo videos, but rather the person getting some epic kills. So I decided to make a video showing and explaining combos and techniques for people new to Captain falcon. Also I haven't seen a Captain Falcon combo video for ages.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg9Vw3Amlpk

I know the start of it is just me getting epic kills, but its just while the music is at that quiet bit.

J0RDY

Smash Journeyman
I'm not very well educated of Falcons general meta game so far, but I can see some of your 'techniques' weren't techniques at all. And don't call it a REAL combo video, its not :S. oh, one last flame, your opponents weren't too good

Face124

Smash Ace
Edinburgh. Pm for a Brawl and I'll get back to you
I'm not very well educated of Falcons general meta game so far, but I can see some of your 'techniques' weren't techniques at all. And don't call it a REAL combo video, its not :S. oh, one last flame, your opponents weren't too good
I suppose the ledge ****** and replacing aren't really techniques, but I wanted to include them and there was nowhere else to put them. how is it not a REAL combo video? it demonstrates combos doesn't it. and your flaming me for having bad opponents /:

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
cool
face, post your friendcode (I know it's listed under your name, but I mean your permission to add you:p)
and please add mine:
3050-9951-8920
I want to brawl against you asap :)

J0RDY

Smash Journeyman
I suppose the ledge ****** and replacing aren't really techniques, but I wanted to include them and there was nowhere else to put them. how is it not a REAL combo video? it demonstrates combos doesn't it. and your flaming me for having bad opponents /:
Well it wasn't a real combo video, because it is virtually impossible to make one of brawl. Oh, and 'escapable' combos aren't combos :S.
Sorry for the bad opponents part, thats just useless info. I'm not saying your a bad player, it's just I like threads to be politically correct >_>

Zeallyx

great matches face:)
I need to go now, but I'll brawl against you later:)
thanks for your time and see you later

PS: I was happy with my walljump to knee XD but you falcon punched me quite often >.<

DoB04

Smash Journeyman
the thing is, brawl's combos are so few that in order to make a true combo video, you'd have to mix it up with all characters or you probably wouldn't get much of a video for only 1 character...
and nice video, although most of it was vc cpus...

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
well cause nobody here has the balls to crush a young Falcon mainer's belief of what is good and what's bad I will.

that was absolute, disgusting crap. People should REALLY consult other people when attempting to make their first video. Problem one was that there were CPU's that's why your "combo's" were inescapable, they have no DI and airdodge ALWAYS as soon as their hit in the air, basically their easy to read. Problem 2 is that you made a how-2-section, WTF is the point of that? if your going to make a combo vid, make a combo vid. Problem 3 is that there were team sections in your vid, with CPU's and with team attack off, do you normally play 2v2 like this?

there are many other things I can point out, but **** this totally sucked, the combo's wern't combo's (if your vid title wasn't "a REAL Falcon combo video" then I would have went easier on this issue cause brawl has no combos), and the AT's were performed horrendously (auto ledge grab was performed incorrectly).

that sucked, no offen- nahh it is offensive

Ijuka

Smash Ace
That was not a real combo video because, to put it simply, none of the comboes were real. They all could have been escaped, and quite easily to be honest.

The second song you used in that song, I feel that it's Motoi Sakuraba's composition, and I'd be really surprised if it wasn't since the bassline and synth sound so much like his work. In any case, I love his work, could you tell me what game that song is from and what's the song's name? Thanks a lot. =)

Oh yeah, I must say, the comboes were absolutely horrible >_> And the how to section was entirely useless, although the music is great.

J0RDY

Smash Journeyman
well cause nobody here has the balls to crush a young Falcon mainer's belief of what is good and what's bad I will.

that was absolute, disgusting crap. People should REALLY consult other people when attempting to make their first video. Problem one was that there were CPU's that's why your "combo's" were inescapable, they have no DI and airdodge ALWAYS as soon as their hit in the air, basically their easy to read. Problem 2 is that you made a how-2-section, WTF is the point of that? if your going to make a combo vid, make a combo vid. Problem 3 is that there were team sections in your vid, with CPU's and with team attack off, do you normally play 2v2 like this?

there are many other things I can point out, but **** this totally sucked, the combo's wern't combo's (if your vid title wasn't "a REAL Falcon combo video" then I would have went easier on this issue cause brawl has no combos), and the AT's were performed horrendously (auto ledge grab was performed incorrectly).

that sucked, no offen- nahh it is offensive
I was trying to say that subtly >_>, but QFT, every word of it

Zeallyx

wow guys relax! no one comes to this site with ALL knowledge of how it's 'supposed' to be done.
Let this guy and his video in their worth, no matter if it was good or bad. Although I agree the title was implying that they were inescapable combo's, it should be clear that face didn't know of our defenition of real combo's. it isn't as big of a problem as you guys make it out to be, ayaz come on, you should know better man:p you, as one of the respected guys here, shouldn't resort to down right flaming a new guy.
Just tell him everything you know so he can be as good as you.
just be glad more people are playing/maining falcon so his meta game can be further developed.
make PAUWNCH not war:p

Blaze924

Smash Apprentice
well first off, wen i saw dat it said real combos, i had 2 look especially dat it was c.falcon, den i saw da vid n da opponents didnt try 2 break free of ur "combos" dats wen i noticed dey were computers, n just wen i thought it coudnt get worse, u added a technique section dat was horrible(i say horrible because all of dem r actually horrible except da up b stage spike). Dont quit falcon (we have 2 few) but next time u make a video dont insult us by saying dat those r real combos wen its not
btw look at the technique sections in brawl, maybe it'll help u better in ur fighting

Zeallyx

well first off, wen i saw dat it said real combos, i had 2 look especially dat it was c.falcon, den i saw da vid n da opponents didnt try 2 break free of ur "combos" dats wen i noticed dey were computers, n just wen i thought it coudnt get worse, u added a technique section dat was horrible(i say horrible because all of dem r actually horrible except da up b stage spike). Dont quit falcon (we have 2 few) but next time u make a video dont insult us by saying dat those r real combos wen its not
btw look at the technique sections in brawl, maybe it'll help u better in ur fighting
how did he insult you..
you guys are taking this personal? wth:p

UzakiuzuG

Smash Journeyman
No no, it's not like that. I was just doing what the other guy did. Requested a match, I see no wrong in that.

DoB04

Smash Journeyman
hey knee, rehost, i tried to join but i failed lol

Zeallyx

very good matches DoB:) I really enjoyed them, thanks for your time :D
but I promised UzakiuzuG I'd brawl against him to
so Uzaki, ready when you are:)

DoB04

Smash Journeyman
woot, ggs, those were fun and full of win, falcon dittos always have epic outcomes xD
i saved a couple of those replays if you dont mind me sending some to wogrim :p

Zeallyx

oh no >.< now I'm gonna get chaingrabbed to spiked and all that *cries*
well let's get it over with lol XD

Top Bottom