• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A public apology

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
Link to original post: [drupal=1202]A public apology [/drupal]

The reason Im writing this blog is not for attention, or respect, or forgiveness.Im writing it so all of you, my friends understand me, our situation/relationships, and for me to face reality.Over the entire time Ive known my NeW friends, i got to know them very well.People who only just met me put their faith and trust in me, bonding with me out of the goodness of their hearts, and a sign of our friendships.But I "chose" not to do the same thing, spewing lies for attention, for sympathy...for my own sanity as well.Ever since an early age, I developed an unhealthy habbit of lying to a major degree, that telling the truth was not only difficult, but hurt me inside.I lied about my dead friends, being cheated on (though not betrayed), about my family, schooling, basically anything about me.I even lied about three suicide attempts, a truly pathetic thing to do, but i did it because of my mind state, and to advance my own goals.As time grew on, I hated myself more and more for it.

Any general caring, advice, comforting, etc; I showed to any of you was true, but I still betrayed your trusts regardless.Thats why from the bottem of my heart, I, Adam R. Smolley do apologize to all my friends and acquaintances.
Im am deeply sorry to you all, I dont ask for forgiveness, and you all, as well as any strangers can hate me for it.I just want u to all understand Im sorry, and I wont hide behind childhood, friends, family as a way to excuse my actions.I will face the responsibility and consequences for my actions, and even If you hate me for that, or any stress induced anger, just know that to me, all my NeW friends are still my friends, and important to me, and I promise to only be honest.Hopefully one day youll all trust me again, and will view me as a close important friend.

bobson

Smash Lord
I haven't the slightest idea who you are, but apology accepted!

WinjaSauce

Smash Rookie
That seems harsh. Like a lying disorder. One of my teachers has that. ><, not a good thing for a teacher. I'm sorry you've been going through so many conundrums inside. Good luck & stuff.

mzink*

Smash Ace
Hey man apology accepted. Everybody has their vices, and it is cool and brave of you to put it out there like that. I hope our friendship stays the same, I still value you as a trustworthy friend, you've shown me nothing but kindness.

Mith_

Smash Champion
so lying all these years caught up to you or you just decided you don't like lying anymore?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Man...I didn't even realize it. You really did have everyone caught up in your lies.

That was not cool, man.

AndreVeloso

Smash Apprentice
You are a much better person now than everyone thought you were before in my opinion. Many people do this with some degree of self-consciousness. Apology accepted and sins forgotten.

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
While that is some pretty serious stuff right there...it takes alot of courage to actually go through with an apology like that.

heh, I forgive you. Don't ever lie about that kind of stuff again though man. That's not cool. Me playing L was one thing but this....I don't doubt some people are going to really be hurt from this. You don't need to make a fake life to be with us.

I'm just going to put it behind me and keep going. You're still my friend Adam ^^

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
You reap what you sow. Hope your ready for the consequences.

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
It was more like an epiphany, and the help of one selfless kind hearted person. I am indeed ready to face the consequences both here and irl for my actions, I dont expect to be liked or trusted for a long time, but ty everyone who still shows kindness and forgiveness to me.

Luso

Smash Ace
NNID
JonLuso
3DS FC
3566-1666-9423
....I just have one thing to say:

Adam, some people still are your friends. >___<

Smash_Gigas

Smash Lord
It's a pleasure to meet you, Devil.

In otherwords, I'm not really too offended by what you did. I just feel like a stranger right now in a way. I'm willing to take the time to get to know you again and easily forget about this. As long as the "spewing lies" doesn't continue. You do seem to have a right set of heart, so try to keep it that way. =P

You are a much better person now than everyone thought you were before....
You don't need to make a fake life to be with us.
These have been quoted for truth.

...But you still do like Mega Man, right? XD

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Suicide...? =/

That's really not something you lie about. Meh. *poofs*

Chaco

Never Logs In
Or talking about your friends dying, oh guess what...they didn't.

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
I know that, and I hate myself and my actions, it was a mental instability from when I was a child, but I wont hide behind it, hate me if you wish, but I promise on my Grandfathers grave I will never lie again, and I try my hardest to atone for my sins.

Exia 00

Smash Champion
Bro... I don't think you have lied to me...

It's seems like a genuine apology. You always had and will always have my trust.

JOBOT

Smash Journeyman
wow never knew that lol... eh w/e its ok now it can be like meeting a new person but without the awkward part lol

|RK|

Smash Marketer
How DO people become Smash Directors!? Seriously!

(Oh, apology accepted whoever you are.)

Banks

Smash Hero
step 1: sign out
step 2: register a new name
step 3: post in meet and greet as a different person
step 4: ????
step 5: PROFIT!

D

Deleted member

I don't know you very well, but I'm very happy that you've come clean and told the truth. It's gotta be tough for you.
:043:

Top Bottom