• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A New Wah-volution!: NEW Waluigi Support Thread

Karen6969

Smash Journeyman
Every fanbase on this forum feels the same, tho.

Beside, with Smash 5 being Everyone edition, adding new entries to big series is already a very difficult task. So far, I think it's acceptable for Nintendo to go for more new series for this round.

My complaint about the statement is that we don't see NIntendo do take it into action after they knew Waluigi has a great demand. He is not in LM3, not in Origami King, not even in any new port. I don't know, it feels just like NIntendo indirectly admit they do ignore fancry.

Sport?

If talking about Waluigi not having a big role in the anniversary reveals, my dissapointment could be that NIntendo missed the best opportunity to count in SM64DS port (which only turns out to be SM64 original version) and add Waluigi as the fourth cap character. It's sad third time is still not a charm for him.
Yeah. I think the original SM64 is the better game but I’d be lying if I tried to tell you that I wasn’t hoping for it to be the DS version with Waluigi (finally) added.

As for the first part of your post, you’re right. I think I just feel more strongly about Waluigi because he’s been such a big part of spinoffs for so long yet has never been playable in smash bro’s. I think he’s playable in like 40 different titles at this point. It just feels weird that he’s been so close to the spotlight for so long yet has never gotten his moment. I really wish they’d make a Waluigi game or a Wario + Waluigi platforming game or something. I honestly think he should already be in the smash bro’s roster, but if he did star in a mainline game I think more people and maybe even Sakurai would agree with me. Of course, everyone can make great arguments for their #1 picks too, I’m not saying Waluigi is more deserving than X character. I just like to think of reasons as to why he’s deserving on his own, that’s half the fun of speculation!

Karen6969

Smash Journeyman
Alright so I’ve got an interesting Wah theory about this tournament coming up for the Mario series. Take a look at the roster for it, and you’ll find that Waluigi has been in at least a game or two with every single other character. I know it’s a Mario tourney and Waluigi is a Mario character, so it’s to be expected but I just thought I’d point that out since there’s another hopeful character whose fans are using the tournament as speculation, when he’s only directly related to like 3 of the characters. Waluigi seems like a pretty good fit for the tournament if you ask me. I’m not bashing Geno or anything, but I’m pretty sure if he were to get revealed alongside a tournament they would theme the tournament around him/Square, not the other way around.

However, let’s take this a step farther. We now know that the collection ended up being a September release, leaving Nintendo with no games planned for November/December. We also know that Nintendo renewed or got a new trademark (not sure which I don’t understand it fully) for Mario Sports. So what if a new Mario sports game is revealed sometime between now and the tournament? Waluigi would be a perfect promotion for that game, which would explain why they waited to reveal him for smash until after the new game had been revealed. I know this is reaching but that one Nintendo journal (can’t remember the name) said that they’d be revealing a game that “everyone can enjoy” later this month. My prediction is that it’s a Mario sports game, coinciding with that trademark. If that happens, I think Waluigi’s chances will look pretty dang good when you consider the Mario tournament as well.

Last edited:

Karen6969

Smash Journeyman
This happens every time they post a poll with Waluigi or “Wah” as an option. He wins in a landslide, every time. At this point I think it’s pretty evident that a mainline Waluigi game or Waluigi smash DLC is money on the table for Nintendo; it’s just up to them to grab it haha.

Last edited:

BigZGaming2015

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 285114 this is real btw, if you check the community tab on their YouTube channel you can vote yourself.

It probably means nothing but still I wasn't expecting this lol
Ah yes, my favorite Mario brother. Not Mario, not Luigi, not even Wario, but

w a h a h a

I love that Nintendo acknowledges Waluigi's meme status with little stuff like this

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
View attachment 285114 this is real btw, if you check the community tab on their YouTube channel you can vote yourself.

It probably means nothing but still I wasn't expecting this lol
I doubt this means anything, but I'll vote for the Wah. I would love if this hinted at a new Waluigi game at the very least, but I have accepted long ago it will probably never happen. If we won't get a new Waluigi game, then I am AT LEAST hoping Waluigi gets in Smash.

Karen6969

Smash Journeyman
I hope they are actually building up to something with Waluigi and not just messing with us.
We can only hope, but I just have a feeling that Waluigi is going to get his chance soon. After the E3 2018 uproar along with Reggie’s statement, combined with the slow but sure increase (especially lately) in Waluigi related gifs, polls, whatever, by Nintendo themselves... it feels like Nintendo has finally realized “hey, this character is really popular. Maybe we should utilize him more.”, and it might not mean anything at all, but I will say being constantly acknowledged by the company that (supposedly) has a big part in decision making for Smash bro’s certainly does not hurt his chances of getting into said game.

I mean people go on and on about how “X person mentioned X character in this roundabout way, is this a hint??”. So why do people never care when Nintendo explicitly tweets anything about Waluigi? I get that their tweets are not smash related but it just feels like it might be leading up to something.

Last edited:

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
This was posted in the Geno thread, but I gotta post this here too

Today is September 13, which also means today is the 35th anniversary of Super Mario Bros. Little did they know just how big an impact this game would make. This game essentially saved the video game market and it is easily one of the most important games of all time.

Here's to 35 more years of this wonderful franchise! [And let's hope for a new Waluigi game as well].

Super Mario 35th.png

TX-55

Smash Journeyman
Another partner showcase.
Yep. Let's just hope there's some good news and good games.
With previous partner showcases I got Shin Megami Tensei V, Shin Megami Tensei 3 HD, and Puyo Puyo Tetris 2.

Who knows, maybe Nintendo have given the grand task of creating a Waluigi game to an indie developer. ;)

Joking aside, the Waluigi game I really want is Yakuza styled.
Basically, you play as Waluigi, and you go around completing story missions and side missions in a sandbox world, beating up foes in spectacular Wah fashion whenever they show up, while simultaneously developing Waluigi as a character.
The residents would be a mix of normal Mario characters like Goombas and Koopas, and regular humans like in New Donk City.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Yep. Let's just hope there's some good news and good games.
With previous partner showcases I got Shin Megami Tensei V, Shin Megami Tensei 3 HD, and Puyo Puyo Tetris 2.

Who knows, maybe Nintendo have given the grand task of creating a Waluigi game to an indie developer. ;)

Joking aside, the Waluigi game I really want is Yakuza styled.
Basically, you play as Waluigi, and you go around completing story missions and side missions in a sandbox world, beating up foes in spectacular Wah fashion whenever they show up, while simultaneously developing Waluigi as a character.
The residents would be a mix of normal Mario characters like Goombas and Koopas, and regular humans like in New Donk City.
I never thought of this, but in general Waluigi seems perfect for a kid-friendly clone of an M rated series. This generation is really missing out on an equivalent to Simpsons: Hit and Run. One thing I think a Waluigi game needs to be a success is a new, unique world - speaking of the Simpsons, that's pretty much the exact world I'd want for Waluigi - one that's cynical and filled with sleazy, untrustworthy people, but not completely depressing ether - and good (or at least the closest you can get to good in this world) still wins out most of the time.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
I never thought of this, but in general Waluigi seems perfect for a kid-friendly clone of an M rated series. This generation is really missing out on an equivalent to Simpsons: Hit and Run. One thing I think a Waluigi game needs to be a success is a new, unique world - speaking of the Simpsons, that's pretty much the exact world I'd want for Waluigi - one that's cynical and filled with sleazy, untrustworthy people, but not completely depressing ether - and good (or at least the closest you can get to good in this world) still wins out most of the time.
I think making a nintendo themed hit and run/gta set in fully fleshed out diamond city would be the perfect way to launch waluigi's solo career.

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
I’ve become impatient waiting for smash characters. The sooner I get Waluigi, the better. If he’s not the next character, then it’s back to the waiting game. Ugh...

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
Waluigi is a character who loves to cause mayhem, so an open sandbox game where all you do is prank and mess with people fits Waluigi really well.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Here's something I just learned today

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
Who’s ready for inevitable disappointment on the next fighter!...I’m so sad right now...

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Who’s ready for inevitable disappointment on the next fighter!...I’m so sad right now...
How would it be dissappointing?

I always thought that if Waluigi was added then he could be replaced by one of the humans in the Mario Golf and Mario Tennis of yesteryear but I understand that's probably not gonna happen.
The Legacy XP mod for Brawl replaces/reskins the Waluigi assist trophy with the Robotic Nightmare/Super Team Bot from Super Mario Strikers. It's an obscure character.

Last edited:

Karen6969

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
The fact that that twitter keeps acknowledging the sports/kart spinoffs that you know who is in, as well as making this tweet about Waluigi himself seems pretty suspicious to me. Brace yourselves, Waluigi time is coming
We're probably getting something Waluigi related, but I still stand by my 50/50 stance on Waluigi in Smash.

Karen6969

Smash Journeyman
I know that I shouldn’t get my hopes up for Waluigi, as I’ve fallen into that trap way too many times before... but if we really do get a smash character to coincide with Mario’s 35th anniversary, the fact that the twitter account dedicated to Mario’s 35th anniversary keeps mentioning/featuring Waluigi in their posts definitely feels like there’s something to it unless they’re just messing with us. The thing is, normally it is NoA that memes about Waluigi. This is a Japanese Nintendo account... normally outside of NoA Waluigi is hardly ever acknowledged.

It could also be subtly hinting/hyping for a new Mario sports game. Seriously, so many of that account’s posts have been focused on the sports spin-offs it wouldn’t surprise me if that’s what it was too.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
I'm still iffy on his smash chances for now, but honestly I think the only thing holding him back from stardom rn is that noj just deadass has no idea what they want to do with him yet. I mean just in this thread alone are a trove if fantastic directions to take him they just have get their act together. Either way I'm sure that barrier is on borrowed time and we'll see his big moment before long. My only wonder now is if he'll be a solo act or be teaming up with wario for something.

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
I notice most of their tweets have been covering the 3d all star collection and various sport games like golf, tennis and baseball.

The japanese text translates to“autumn of sports special feature”.

Karen6969

Smash Journeyman
I notice most of their tweets have been covering the 3d all star collection and various sport games like golf, tennis and baseball.

The japanese text translates to“autumn of sports special feature”.
Right. You wouldn’t think that they’d be doing an “autumn of sports” theme for no reason. Especially given that it is the account for the Mario 35th anniversary, and had been posting things that promote the merchandise/games that are coming out with the anniversary. So my theory is that something Mario sports related is coming out soon. I mean it’s a promotional twitter account, it feels like they’re hyping up the sports spin-offs for something.

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
Right. You wouldn’t think that they’d be doing an “autumn of sports” theme for no reason. Especially given that it is the account for the Mario 35th anniversary, and had been posting things that promote the merchandise/games that are coming out with the anniversary. So my theory is that something Mario sports related is coming out soon. I mean it’s a promotional twitter account, it feels like they’re hyping up the sports spin-offs for something.
And there’s also that mario sports trademark. Hate to keep bringing that up but I find it interesting.

Karen6969

Smash Journeyman
And there’s also that mario sports trademark. Hate to keep bringing that up but I find it interesting.
Yup. 100%, there is something fishy going on with that trademark, the anniversary, and the “autumn of sports”. It’s only a matter of time. I’m surprised that this isn’t being talked about more, it seems a strong likelihood that we are getting something Mario sports related really soon.

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
Yup. 100%, there is something fishy going on with that trademark, the anniversary, and the “autumn of sports”. It’s only a matter of time. I’m surprised that this isn’t being talked about more, it seems a strong likelihood that we are getting something Mario sports related really soon.
No one is talking about it because most people don’t think Waluigi is ever getting in...And probably because they don’t want him getting in.

Chocosta

Smash Apprentice
And the 35th anniversary account continues to post more Mario sport tweets! This time, it’s Mario strikers charged.

“Autumn of sports” is an interesting name and our next fighter is rumored to be happening soon...
Football is a sport that you mostly play during summer and autumn so you can consider that as a "autumn sport" I hope they consider fighting as an autumn sport as well
I think we are going to get a new Mario Strikers game very soon (and that's like the best Mario series) and no one will doubt the existence of God ever again if we get Mario Strikers AND Waluigi in Smash...

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Regardless of how he's designed if we don't get a strikers costume and his iconic taunt I'm going to be mad.

Top Bottom