• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A New Wah-volution!: NEW Waluigi Support Thread

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Oh yeah, today is the day Waluigi becomes older than two decades. The fact that he remained relevant this long and outlived other characters like poor Toadsworth should show once and for all that he's a mainstay in the Mario franchise. May Waluigi get his solo game one day.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Oh yeah, today is the day Waluigi becomes older than two decades. The fact that he remained relevant this long and outlived other characters like poor Toadsworth should show once and for all that he's a mainstay in the Mario franchise. May Waluigi get his solo game one day.
Honestly it's super lucky Waluigi even exists - Wario had all the makings of an obscure one-off when he debuted, doomed to be forgotten to time with Tatanga and Wart, but somebody at Nintendo must've really pushed for him - I think his third appearance being a starring role helped him rise to stardom. Imagine a world where they made Tatanga Land instead and everybody wants some weird alien anti-hero sidekick to get his own game...

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Honestly it's super lucky Waluigi even exists - Wario had all the makings of an obscure one-off when he debuted, doomed to be forgotten to time with Tatanga and Wart, but somebody at Nintendo must've really pushed for him - I think his third appearance being a starring role helped him rise to stardom. Imagine a world where they made Tatanga Land instead and everybody wants some weird alien anti-hero sidekick to get his own game...
Yup, of course it wasn't smooth sailing for Waluigi as well. There were rumors that a Mario brand committee were made in 2009 or so that curated how Mario content should look like to protect the brand. Funnily enough a few years after that committee was formed we saw a lot of changes, Toadsworth stopped having major appearances in games, Kremlings stopped appearing in Donkey Kong, Paper Mario got a massive hit in it's creative potential, and of course, Waluigi got cut from Mario Kart 7. If Waluigi wasn't popular within the fanbase and the backlash to him getting cut wasn't notable then he likely would've remained dead.

I don't know if the Wahoominati is real or not, but it would explain the weird changes within the Mario universe in the early 2010s. I'd love to say this group isn't relevant anymore, but we saw Origami King and Tanabe going on record to say that it's not possible for Paper Mario to be creative like the early games. Now not all is gloom and doom, we saw with K. Rool getting in Smash that the Wahoominati doesn't have the same veto power when it comes to Smash and Sakurai has the last word. But sometimes I wonder if Waluigi not getting an important role in a game is due to executives vetoing it.

In a way Waluigi kind of reminds me of Boba Fett, he's popular with the fans but his owners don't like him. Fan support is what kept Waluigi alive all this time and it is what will keep him alive in the future.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Yup, of course it wasn't smooth sailing for Waluigi as well. There were rumors that a Mario brand committee were made in 2009 or so that curated how Mario content should look like to protect the brand. Funnily enough a few years after that committee was formed we saw a lot of changes, Toadsworth stopped having major appearances in games, Kremlings stopped appearing in Donkey Kong, Paper Mario got a massive hit in it's creative potential, and of course, Waluigi got cut from Mario Kart 7. If Waluigi wasn't popular within the fanbase and the backlash to him getting cut wasn't notable then he likely would've remained dead.

I don't know if the Wahoominati is real or not, but it would explain the weird changes within the Mario universe in the early 2010s. I'd love to say this group isn't relevant anymore, but we saw Origami King and Tanabe going on record to say that it's not possible for Paper Mario to be creative like the early games. Now not all is gloom and doom, we saw with K. Rool getting in Smash that the Wahoominati doesn't have the same veto power when it comes to Smash and Sakurai has the last word. But sometimes I wonder if Waluigi not getting an important role in a game is due to executives vetoing it.

In a way Waluigi kind of reminds me of Boba Fett, he's popular with the fans but his owners don't like him. Fan support is what kept Waluigi alive all this time and it is what will keep him alive in the future.
Damn, that would explain a LOT.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Oh sweet, good on Waluigi! Crazy 20 years have passed. I seriously hope Ninendo does something with this guy, they constantly sleep on him. The relationship between Nintendo fans and Waluigi went from hatred, to meme status, to genuine hype. I'm sure Nintendo knows that if they did something Waluigi-based, it would explode with popularity. They're just being stubborn, but what else is new? Include him in a main-series game, his own franchise, or, dare I say, give us Baby Waluigi...!

Twirlerena

Smash Cadet
Remember when people discovered the banjo kazooie trademark renewal back in 2018? And then that lead to Banjo Kazooie actually coming to smash? I’m hoping the same thing happens with Waluigi with that Mario sports trademark.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Kinda off-topic, but another thing that happened around the time of the Wahoominati's supposed establishment is that Daisy started to appear in less games in favour of Rosalina, with her most notable absence being the base game of Mario Maker, I wonder if that was connected as well? I know a lot of people did theorise Nintendo were planning to "phase out" Daisy in the Wii U era - of course, there was a huge fan outcry - I remember the Daisy event course was revealed a week or so after some very controversial Daisy-related discourse on r/Nintendo and despite the language gap I would not be surprised in the slightest if Nintendo were listening and added the Daisy costume because of that. It seems that in the Switch era Daisy and Rosa are getting equal billing, which is good, but unfortunately this was done by demoting Rosalina, not promoting Daisy.

I honestly never liked Rosa, she strikes me as overly perfect, Mary Sue-ish almost.

Princess wars aside, is it possible all this Waluigi Smash hype could make this committee (assuming they exist) change their views on Waluigi and other characters? I honestly don't know what's more valuable monetarily between fan trust and corporate partner trust - but judging by the big bucks the Sonic Movie made, I'd say it's the prior - through merchandise sales aren't as readily accessible as box office grosses or game sales so you can never know...

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Remember when people discovered the banjo kazooie trademark renewal back in 2018? And then that lead to Banjo Kazooie actually coming to smash? I’m hoping the same thing happens with Waluigi with that Mario sports trademark.
As much as I would love that, I don't think the Mario Sports trademark would be for Waluigi in Smash. If anything, it would most likely mean a Mario Sports game is on the horizon

Twirlerena

Smash Cadet
As much as I would love that, I don't think the Mario Sports trademark would be for Waluigi in Smash. If anything, it would most likely mean a Mario Sports game is on the horizon
Why not? Him as the fighter would bring along the Mario sports series in smash. Trademarks don't necessarily mean a game is coming.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Damn, I thought it came out on the 22nd. Happy birthday, Wah. :239:

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
I am not sure if I wanted Waluigi in Smash when I could have better characters... however, I definitely want Waluigi (and Wario) to appear in main series games as an alternative villain to Bower or on the Bowser team as bosses.
At this point with Wario being his own series hero, bringing him back to SMB titles isn't relatively necessary.

So it's either Waluigi appears in a mainline game on his own, or officially join the Warioware crew to show their real partnership in work time.

As for being an antagonist.... not sure if that works for Waluigi. If he isn't a main playable character, I think Waluigi fit better in an independent stage boss role or Nabbit-wise rascal.

Piss you off, you're not contributing anything of value to the discussion, you're just being contrarian for the sake of it.
Using hostile and explicit word doesn't add value to the discussion too. Mind sharing your opinions?

Comparing with Banjo just repeats the contradiction noted "why not just trademarking Waluigi titularly".

Then again, Waluigi being a whole sportsman is still not a well accepted idea at this point.

Last edited:

TX-55

Smash Journeyman
At this point with Wario being his own series hero, bringing him back to SMB titles isn't relatively necessary.

So it's either Waluigi appears in a mainline game on his own, or officially join the Warioware crew to show their real partnership in work time.

As for being an antagonist.... not sure if that works for Waluigi. If he isn't a main playable character, I think Waluigi fit better in an independent stage boss role or Nabbit-wise rascal.

Using hostile and explicit word doesn't add value to the discussion too. Mind sharing your opinions?

Comparing with Banjo just repeats the contradiction noted "why not just trademarking Waluigi titularly".

Then again, Waluigi being a whole sportsman is still not a well accepted idea at this point.
Here's my opinion, it'd be more productive to argue with a literal brick wall, than to argue with you.

You think I don't remember you from gamefaqs? You keep on contradicting yourself time and time again, and you only seem interested in shutting down anyone who wants Waluigi, you make up the most ridiculous of reasons for why Waluigi isn't eligible for Smash and share them as facts, just to feel good about yourself because your MW is freaking Goombella.
You even talk on behalf of Nintendo as if you work there or are in the know.

Remember how "Fighters Pass 1 was all 3rd party" or "There won't be a Fighters Pass 2" or how about "No Spirit and Assist promotion".
These are known fan rules that were completely shattered by Sakurai after adding both Byleth and Min Min.
But the thing with you, is that you only used these fan rules to downplay Waluigi's chances.
You have a hate boner that's exclusive to Waluigi and his fans.

And I know that you won't reply to me calling you out, you'll just cherry pick the thing you can BS the most, like you always do.

Never try to discuss or even talk about anything with me, because I won't waste my time with you.
Go find someone else who is willing to humor you going in circles on end.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
Happy (late) Birthday Waluigi! You deserve better than what Nintendo gives you.

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Happy Birthday to the man in purple. Whether it's becoming playable in Smash, a mainline Mario game, Wario Land, or WarioWare... here's to a brighter future.

Super10ZX

Smash Journeyman
Here's my opinion, it'd be more productive to argue with a literal brick wall, than to argue with you.

You think I don't remember you from gamefaqs? You keep on contradicting yourself time and time again, and you only seem interested in shutting down anyone who wants Waluigi, you make up the most ridiculous of reasons for why Waluigi isn't eligible for Smash and share them as facts, just to feel good about yourself because your MW is freaking Goombella.

Remember how "Fighters Pass 1 was all 3rd party" or "There won't be a Fighters Pass 2" or how about "No Spirit and Assist promotion".
These are known fan rules that were completely shattered by Sakurai after adding both Byleth and Min Min.
But the thing with you, is that you only used these fan rules to downplay Waluigi's chances.
You have a hate boner that's exclusive to Waluigi and his fans.

And I know that you won't reply to me calling you out, you'll just cherry pick the thing you can BS the most, like you always do.

Never try to discuss or even talk about anything with me, because I won't waste my time with you.
Go find someone else who is willing to humor you going in circles on end.
I don’t want to entirely assume that who I’m referring to is the same person (despite the really similar usernames and way of arguing), but on top of dealing with this person in this thread, I’m pretty sure I’ve also had to deal with them in YouTube comments. Primarily videos that support Geno.

It’s either asking questions to really obvious statements (I swear I saw them ask what someone meant when they said Fighter Pass 2, of all things), or trying to tell people Geno isn’t happening, or we should stop supporting Geno. With the same great reasoning too, like “We shouldn’t get two DLC characters from the same franchise” (looks at Fire Emblem) and “Geno hasn’t appeared in a Switch game” (looks at Ridley, K Rool, and Banjo).

Like, if you don’t want Geno that’s ok. Then why do you keep going onto these videos just to debate with people in the comments over it?

Last edited:

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman

I don't think you're talking about support for Waluigi. Not only you're offtopic to things outside this forum you're not even replying to your previous reply here. If you're saying that I'm shooting down your point, you actually provide a very valid reason for me to do that here. For the sake of this thread, hope that you stick to your guideline "add value to the discussion".

As for whether the FP1 should stick to whole 3rd party, I don'r know. I just say the DLCs should better focus on more original and unused franchises whether its 1st or 3rd party doesn't matter to me that much, in that case I don't think Byleth reached the same level Min Min does, despite I like him/her and FE3H outside Smash bros. In that case, fanrule or not, I still disagree with the result, the result doesn't change the idea.

For Waluigi the most direct problem with him was still plant piranha. who was the only Mario newcomer within Smash 5 so far.

Actually I've seen Dorayaki try to do this shtick as well in the Isaac thread.
What?

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
...PP has nothing to do with Waluigi at all. One was a bonus DLC character decided upon as early as 2017(according to all the data we have, there's zero evidence it was decided upon in 2015 with the base roster) when DLC in general was officially greenlit by Nintendo. It was worked on near the end of the base game too. Its amiibo is listed properly well after the entire base roster, including the 3rd parties. The actual amiibo coding would've been before the 3rd parties if he was programmed in as part of the base roster. The only actual oddity is a literal missing data slot, and we found that well after DLC was greenlit, which questions what it's about to begin with. It was certainly not Hero, at least.

Waluigi was decided upon being an AT entirely unrelated to a character who was not decided upon in 2015. They weren't even in slight competition with each other. Never mind the plumber is a fan favorite and massively popular character. The other guy is an oddball Sakurai pick that's only close to characters like Duck Hunt or Wii Fit Trainer in terms of "unique" guys you wouldn't expect. Basically they're about the surprise. Waluigi is no surprise character. He has a massive fanbase. When he wasn't playable in Ultimate, there was massive fan outrage, enough two toxic members harassed Sakurai for it. The differences are night and day. PP is barely a character too(in the sense that species are still a type of character within any fictional universe. Since that what being a character means), but Sakurai had fun making a bonus surprise DLC character by combining traits of the species, including specific things only from the spin-off RPG's to do so. Which is also proof that "being spin-off" isn't an issue either.

Now getting Waluigi into his own non-spin-off game(that is, a proper platformer) is actually difficult due to the Mario Quality Team's over strictness. He got close to his own game by starting off the plot of Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix. Though just having his own game is fine too. Not like a spin-off platformer is impossible. Could be his own series of games, like Yoshi and Wario have. They just have their own series label now, which is why they aren't listed in the Super Mario mainline set of games. Yoshi's Island I think is? But I might be remembering that one wrong. Waluigi is however a lot about sports and cheating. He wasn't created to be about platforming. He doesn't have any core skills besides air swimming that leads to that. He can work fine in a platformer, but actually making a platforming series for him requires an all new idea that actually incorporate his personality and abilities. Wario clearly borrowed from Mario, especially Super Mario Land, being an exaggeration of the transformation abilities. Yoshi's gameplay had a few similarities, but he has a different platforming style despite having a similar set of enemies at times(though it does stand out with its own flavor and stuff like the Egg Throwing and huge jumping stuff is very different). With Waluigi being a master of sports, but also a sore loser and cheater, he's often thrown into the sports games instead since he revolves around that genre. Otherwise, there's Mario Kart, which is still a sport in itself, but is able to keep up his "cheater" personality extremely well. So the first step is to take what makes him unique and focus a game on it. Not necessarily a platformer. Competition in general should be the theme to keep his personality intact overall. Give him a reason to cheat. Maybe a villain protagonist instead, which is rarely done in Mario. Bowser pulled it off only in The Thousand Year Door, since he didn't actually become a Hero to team up with Mario at that time. The rest he was still a Hero within that particular game.

volbound1700

Smash Master

Wario was a villain in Super Mario Land 2 and arguably in some of the Sports Game (Mario Power Tennis for example). Wario is an anti-hero but DK also serves this role at times as well. DK is back to being a villain in march of the minis. Plus if you read about the personalities of both Wario and Waluigi, it totally makes sense that they could team up with Bower in a main title (or be the villains themselves). I think Wario and Waluigi are greedy and envious so writing a story around them would work. They are a lot like King Dedede in the Kirby series.

Twirlerena

Smash Cadet

They could have trademarked it because that’s what he might bring with him in the fighter’s pass. The Mario sports brand. He doesn’t need his own game!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
They could have trademarked it because that’s what he might bring with him in the fighter’s pass. The Mario sports brand. He doesn’t need his own game!
I don't think a character having their own game has any (major) impact on whether they can get in Smash or not - or at the very least it doesn't guarantee them as a newcomer. There are 2 Tingle games, but he isn't in Smash. On the other hand, there are 0 Sheik games but she is in Smash. There are 2 Toad games, he isn't in, there are 0 Rosalina games, she is in, Wario had an established series by Melee and it took until Brawl for him to get in, you get the point. Waluigi doesn't need his own game to get in Smash, nor does he need Smash to get his own game.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
My, happy (belated) birthday to our loveable purple clad mustachioed man! How come I forgot to check things out here in this occasion? Not to mention, it's his 20th. Two decades of Waluigi. That's crazy to even think about it. And while he hasn't had his own game or even many major appearances this whole time, I'm still very much glad he hasn't been forgotten and is in fact, still alive and kicking both in the Mario spin-off games and I'm the consciousness of us fans, unlike so many other characters in the franchise. Here's to another 20 years of Waluigi, and to grander horizons for him, both in Smash and outside of it!

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
I don't think a character having their own game has any (major) impact on whether they can get in Smash or not - or at the very least it doesn't guarantee them as a newcomer. There are 2 Tingle games, but he isn't in Smash. On the other hand, there are 0 Sheik games but she is in Smash. There are 2 Toad games, he isn't in, there are 0 Rosalina games, she is in, Wario had an established series by Melee and it took until Brawl for him to get in, you get the point. Waluigi doesn't need his own game to get in Smash, nor does he need Smash to get his own game.
Since the replies were to discuss the idea "Mario Sports is a franchise and Waluigi can be its rep", wouldn't that idea be even less executeable? That's the whole point here.

Yet, hasnt Rosalina been given several big roles in Super Mario titles? I think you read the "being featured" too literally. Its not that only protagonists and titular characters are the soul of the games. Villains, supporting and key characters can be, too. I'm sure a supporting role can legally boost Waluigi's chance for Smash bros as well if he ever had one.
Otherwise, if we really use Rosalina as the example, we'd need Waluigi to make the achievement Rosalina made to be a Smash fighter.

While there is no official proof or definite correlation between significance and Smash entry, there are still positive examples
1) The character can ignore the mother series and enter as subseries rep (ex, Yoshi
2) Different games can provide different references to make the moveset more versatile.
It could be more considerate to say "if such character becomes a fighter, the merits of features games could make useful help".

On the other hand let's just still say Waluigi does need his fearured games. Those games don't exist for boosting Smash chances, they're ultimately for the characters own good.
Toad fans or King Boo fans could be sad their favirite isn't a Smash fighter, but at least Nintendo managed to give them things that many fans don't own.

Why wouldn't Waluigi franchise benefit him more? It still sounds weird. Why wouldn't a fan want favorite character to get own franchise treat?

And that still repeats my words. Waluigi can already represent Mario series to be a fighter. Trademarking Mario sports doesnt give him any bonus here.

Last edited:

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
What I'm wondering now is, if L was real for Mario 64,
Is WAH real for Mario 64 DS?

That was a pretty famous rumor/hoax, and there was that extra door that didn't do anything in Mario 64 DS, so I mean... Maybe Waluigi was planned for that afterall.:confused:

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
What I'm wondering now is, if L was real for Mario 64,
Is WAH real for Mario 64 DS?

That was a pretty famous rumor/hoax, and there was that extra door that didn't do anything in Mario 64 DS, so I mean... Maybe Waluigi was planned for that afterall.:confused:
You know, I love SM64DS, I've always been just as fascinated with Waluigi possibly being unlockable in that game similar to L is Real. However, I don't believe it was ever explicitly stated that Waluigi was ever planned for the game like how Luigi was with the N64 version.

I mean, this was the biggest missed opportunity. It's not like putting Waluigi in that game would screw with Yoshi at all, Waluigi would instead be in that fourth door. When I was younger, I always thought that one door would hold Waluigi until I finally opened it and all I got was a single star... nice, that's very fitting for the room where you swap between characters.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
It been 20 years since Waluigi's debut.

So, does anyone remember this obscure robot character that's based on Waluigi from Super Mario Strikers?

1595972573010.png
It's official name is Robotic Nightmare. It's also known as the Super Team Bot.

Also to everyone in this thread: don't say Waluigi and/or Wario are heroes or heroic. They have always been strictly villains or villainous.

Last edited:

DoctorProctor

Smash Cadet
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice Sorry to tag you, but just to clarify about that thing you said; your sources believe Waluigi will be revealed alongside Geno as a clone of Luigi. Do you know if he’ll be an echo, or a semi-clone?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice Sorry to tag you, but just to clarify about that thing you said; your sources believe Waluigi will be revealed alongside Geno as a clone of Luigi. Do you know if he’ll be an echo, or a semi-clone?
None of my sources have specifically told me certain characters are happening. Basically what I do is collect information from my network, fill in the blanks, and come to my own conclusions. My current conclusion is that Geno is Pack 7. I don't exactly know what Waluigi is. I don't know if he'll be a la carte, somehow in Pack 7, or even his own pack. My current theorycraft is that, based on a number of factors, I think he would be a semi clone of Luigi ala Ness to Lucas or Captain Falcon to Ganondorf.

DoctorProctor

Smash Cadet
None of my sources have specifically told me certain characters are happening. Basically what I do is collect information from my network, fill in the blanks, and come to my own conclusions. My current conclusion is that Geno is Pack 7. I don't exactly know what Waluigi is. I don't know if he'll be a la carte, somehow in Pack 7, or even his own pack. My current theorycraft is that, based on a number of factors, I think he would be a semi clone of Luigi ala Ness to Lucas or Captain Falcon to Ganondorf.
Awesome, thanks for the info.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Waluigi as a semi-clone is 100% fine by me, a slight bit of a shame, but I can live with it - really Waluigi's personality is why people want him in Smash, not exactly his moveset potential. (not that he lacks it of course) I just hope he could be decloned at least a little more in a future instalment.

Gimj

Smash Journeyman
At first I thought Waluigi being a semi-clone of Luigi is bad, but if it's something akin to Lucas->Ness I see that as essentially a different character. To be honest, I think it makes perfect sense for Waluigi to be a semi-clone of Luigi. Luigi already has the design philosophy I want for Waluigi in Smash: Not an amalgamation of [sports] items of games he's in, but rather a janky, weird "made up" moveset based on his persona.

Up B can easily be reanimated to be a combo of Wario's corkscrew with a lesser Luigi sweetspot(or spike :3) at the top.
Side B can easily be reanimated to be an air swim(though with slightly different properties, akin to Smash4 Zard's Dragon Rush vs Flare Blitz)
Down B would take 2 seconds to make into Whirluigi, similar animation and properties with a Waluigi twist..no pun intended.(maybe like Melee Luigi Down B)
P.S.A: Start putting Whirluigi into your theoretical Waluigi movesets, thanks.
Neutral B would be the most unique imo, but what i'd do is basically make him Taunt by saying WAH, and the word "WAH" literally travels similarly to Luigi's fireball. Difference is if it hits the opponent it does less damage but has a misfire chance to just instantly kill the opponent as Waluigi yells TOO BAD, WALUIGI TIME.

Then since Lucas and Ness aerials are literally nothing alike, Waluigi can be unique from there.

EDIT: btw the instakill crap is a joke. looks like im dead serious upon re-reading it LOL

Last edited:

DoctorProctor

Smash Cadet
At first I thought Waluigi being a semi-clone of Luigi is bad, but if it's something akin to Lucas->Ness I see that as essentially a different character. To be honest, I think it makes perfect sense for Waluigi to be a semi-clone of Luigi. Luigi already has the design philosophy I want for Waluigi in Smash: Not an amalgamation of [sports] items of games he's in, but rather a janky, weird "made up" moveset based on his persona.

Up B can easily be reanimated to be a combo of Wario's corkscrew with a lesser Luigi sweetspot(or spike :3) at the top.
Side B can easily be reanimated to be an air swim(though with slightly different properties, akin to Smash4 Zard's Dragon Rush vs Flare Blitz)
Down B would take 2 seconds to make into Whirluigi, similar animation and properties with a Waluigi twist..no pun intended.(maybe like Melee Luigi Down B)
P.S.A: Start putting Whirluigi into your theoretical Waluigi movesets, thanks.
Neutral B would be the most unique imo, but what i'd do is basically make him Taunt by saying WAH, and the word "WAH" literally travels similarly to Luigi's fireball. Difference is if it hits the opponent it does less damage but has a misfire chance to just instantly kill the opponent as Waluigi yells TOO BAD, WALUIGI TIME.

Then since Lucas and Ness aerials are literally nothing alike, Waluigi can be unique from there.
I’d love if Whirluigi ends with a random Waluigi taunt/pose like Incineroar

Lenidem

Smash Lord
You know, I love SM64DS, I've always been just as fascinated with Waluigi possibly being unlockable in that game similar to L is Real. However, I don't believe it was ever explicitly stated that Waluigi was ever planned for the game like how Luigi was with the N64 version.

I mean, this was the biggest missed opportunity. It's not like putting Waluigi in that game would screw with Yoshi at all, Waluigi would instead be in that fourth door. When I was younger, I always thought that one door would hold Waluigi until I finally opened it and all I got was a single star... nice, that's very fitting for the room where you swap between characters.
I was hoping for Donkey Kong. A friend of mine thought it would be Peach. Different hopes, same deception!

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
I'm down for Waluigi being a semiclone of Luigi. Anything to have my big purple boy playable! And now I'm hoping for Whirluigi to be part of the moveset. As an Incineroar main, I can confirm that spin to win is fun!

Last edited:
Top Bottom