• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A New Wah-volution!: NEW Waluigi Support Thread

ZerBerry

Smash Cadet
I highly doubt they'd opt to do it over the safe and simple "Smash X Super Mario", but I'd LOVE if Waluigi's trailer just featured his own name in the crossover screen thingy, as if he was his own series or something. Of course, this has been done with the Altair and Vault Boy costumes (exclusively in the North American version of the presentations for some reason), but it'd suit Waluigi like a glove. His whole schtick is that he's a sore loser with high desires of getting the upper hand over everybody else through his cocky and arrogant demeanor. He'll lament over his losses, but he'll do whatever it takes, be it by legitimate means or by deception, to be the best, or number one if you will. Also he's just a weird fella. And what better way to come out on top, whilst still being his weird self, than have literally EVERYTHING related to him in Smash being modeled after his image?

Waluigi coming with copious more amounts of Waluigi content is is what I want out of him if he gets to have his own Challenger Pack as nutty and ludicrous as it might be, hence the reason I made the "Oops! All Waluigi" meme from earlier. And hey, I'll take as much Waluigi as I can get in my life!

So why not, here's a mockup of his Smash crossover screen if my wishes were to be granted somehow:

View attachment 278361
Waluigi is a show off who always wanted to have the spotlight on him and this is his moment and since smash x waluigi isn't enough for him, how about a spirit board full of waluigi !! he wants to show that he's the best in the world at what he does (yes, just like chris jericho) :

Waluigi (Mario Party 6)
Waluigi (Mario Strikers Charged)
Standard Bike
Waluigi (Game & Watch Gallery 4)
Waluigi (Golf)
Waluigi (Tennis)
Waluigi (Kart)
Waluigi (Hoops 3-3)
Waluigi (Super Sluggers)
Waluigi (Sports Mix)
Waluigi (Olympic Games)

and this render would be his fighter spirit :

that's a total of 11 spirits with only renders of waluigi's appearances in spin offs and that's really good imo
not only it fits with his character (show off who wants the spotlight on him) but it's a good amount of spirits for a spirit board (there are even more spirits in this spirit board than in arms and three houses) and yet, some people are still struggling with what spirits could he bring. or they could also say "**** it" and add him with a luigi's mansion 3 spirit board but that would be weird

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I like the lots of Waluigi spirits idea, but that seems a little weird even by Smash standards. I think you could fill his spirit board with super obscure Mario characters- like from Wario's Woods, Mario Land 1 and 2 or even Wrecking Crew 98. On a stretch maybe even try to get the rights to use Oogtar or Bob Hoskins' likeness as movie Mario.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
I'm thinking that it if a direct is announced or something we should try to get Waluigi trending on twitter again, i remember before that Wayforward announcement for bakugon, people got warioland trending, and that might help show Nintendo that theres interest in the series. Same thing should be for Waluigi, in fact even if there is no direct, we should get him trending for his 20th birthday. Might be a golden opportunity to spike interest in a Waluigi starring game or something.

Last edited:

TX-55

Smash Journeyman
I don't think Waluigi needs a spirit board, but if Nintendo decided to give him one, then it's really not that difficult to think of one.

First, you represent Waluigi's origins, add Spirits for the old oc Mario characters from Mario Golf like Plum (who I still can't believe had a trophy in Melee but no spirit in Ultimate), then Mario Tennis, then the rest of unrepresented characters from other Mario spin-offs where Waluigi was prominent and beyond, like Tumble from Mario Party 3.
Voila! You just made a Spirit Board for Waluigi.

millsfan

Smash Apprentice
I'm thinking that it if a direct is announced or something we should try to get Waluigi trending on twitter again, i remember before that Wayforward announcement for bakugon, people got warioland trending, and that might help show Nintendo that theres interest in the series. Same thing should be for Waluigi, in fact even if there is no direct, we should get him trending for his 20th birthday. Might be a golden opportunity to spike interest in a Waluigi starring game or something.
That is a good call. People can say what they want about writing on twitter as “bad” but I disagree. Speaking up gets voices heard, and Nintendo’s twitter says “we’re listening”.

Anyone want to help me get Shadow trending lol

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Of the main 4 Mario characters (in terms of platformer protagonist roles), they all fit their own niche

Mario is the everyman and his games are as such, very vanilla (not that that's a bad thing)

DK is a wild animal living in a jungle, so his games are more suspenseful and cinematic, with a higher difficulty.

Wario is... Wario. His games are weird and often uncomfortable with strange, unconventional mechanics.

Yoshi is a cute dinosaur dog, his games are rather cute and cuddly and sometimes a little more beginner focused

So where could Waluigi go if he were to get his own platformers? I personally think a ridiculously high difficulty, about Cuphead level, would fit Waluigi well, but I'm not sure about theme or world...

I feel Peach's game failed in part because it just took place in the Mushroom Kingdom when they could've created a whole new theme for it (a medieval theme being my first choice)

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
I say try something completely new, like maybe a beat em up game that's themed around wrecking crew but starring Waluigi (Foreman spike was the proto version of Waluigi and Wario anyway so it makes sense enough)

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
I was reading comments in the latest PapaGeno video that TheBrainJem TheBrainJem posted recently and I'm amazed that there are people in 2020 that actually think that Waluigi has no moveset potential. Do they not realize that the movesets for Fox, Falco, Wolf, and Captain Falcon were completely made up? Especially Fox and Falcon in the very first Smash over 20 years ago now. I can't wait for when/if Waluigi is officially confirmed then the detractors can eat their own words like after K. Rool, Ridley, and Banjo & Kazooie were confirmed.
Edit: Forgot to mention that Piranha Plant set the notion that any character or generic enemy can have a moveset made up from scratch.

Last edited:

TX-55

Smash Journeyman
I was reading comments in the latest PapaGeno video that TheBrainJem TheBrainJem posted recently and I'm amazed that there are people in 2020 that actually think that Waluigi has no moveset potential. Do they not realize that the movesets for Fox, Falco, Wolf, and Captain Falcon were completely made up? Especially Fox and Falcon in the very first Smash over 20 years ago now. I can't wait for when/if Waluigi is officially confirmed then the detractors can eat their own words like after K. Rool, Ridley, and Banjo & Kazooie were confirmed.
Edit: Forgot to mention that Piranha Plant set the notion that any character or generic enemy can have a moveset made up from scratch.

Yeah, at least Waluigi has actual abilities and moves in the games he stars in.
It's not even that hard to make up a moveset for Waluigi, he's got plenty from the source material.
90% Inspired by actual moves from the Mario spin-off games he appeared in.

View attachment 261726

Note: Waluigi always has his tennis racquet in hand, similar to the swordfighters (Marth, Link, Cloud, etc).

Entrance animation: His entrance from Mario Tennis Aces, but the animation is shortened.

Stance: Waluigi has his fencing stance from Mario Tennis Aces, holding a tennis racket in his right hand.

Gimmick: Moving Smash Attacks. Similar to his appearance in Mario Tennis, Waluigi is able to charge smash attacks while moving. However Waluigi's speed decreases a great amount since he's focused on charging the attack. Charging a smash attack in place is much faster, but moving while charging smash attacks is an ability exclusive to Waluigi, so make good use of it.

N-Special: Serve

Waluigi throws a tennis ball in the air, pressing the b button again makes Waluigi hit the ball. The tennis ball flies in an arch similar to Wii Fit Trainer's side b, but is much faster. The speed of the projectile depends on the timing of the second input. You can fake out the opponent by only pressing the b button once, Waluigi can dash out of the move mid animation. The tennis ball can be picked up and thrown like a regular item.

Side B: Swimming Return

Waluigi swims in the air horizontally, hitting anyone in his way. If you mash the b button, Waluigi will ascend a little bit to aid his recovery to the stage. Inspired by his Defensive Power Shot: Swimming Return.

Up B: Whirluigi

Waluigi jumps in the air in his signature Γ shape and spins fast, creating a small tornado around his body, making him fly vertically while hitting multiple times before launching the opponent. Inspired by his appearance in Mario Power Tennis.

Down B: Poison Ivy

Waluigi whips the opponent using a purple thorny vine. This move is slow on startup, but has incredible reach, and when it connects causes high damage while also inflicting poison. Can be used for Tether recovery. Inspired by his appearance in Mario Strikers Charged.

His Final Smash is called: Destruction Dance.

Waluigi, in a cinematic finish summons a dance floor and Bob-ombs rain on his opponent while he dances to the beat. Inspired by his boss fight in DDR Mario Mix.

Side Taunt: Waluigi does his taunt from Mario Tennis Aces.

Up Taunt: Waluigi brings out a thorny red rose, posing before throwing it in front of him. The rose has a small hitbox, causes 1% damage, and minimal knockback. Inspired by his win animation from Mario Party 8.

Down Taunt: Waluigi crotch chops four times in quick succession while pronouncing his name: Wa-lu-i-gi. Inspired by his appearance in Mario Strikers Charged.

Losing animation: Gives his back to the camera and looks away. Inspired by his losing animation in Mario Party 4.

Winning Pose 1: Waluigi holds his tennis racket like a guitar and riffs, before jumping in the air and celebrating. Inspired by his win animation from Mario Power Tennis.

Winning Pose 2: Waluigi lands down on one knee, and stares at the camera with glowing eyes. Inspired by his win animation from Mario Tennis Open.

Winning Pose 3: Waluigi spins around on one leg, and then stops to point at the player while posing. Inspired by his win Eagle animation from Mario Golf Toadstool Tour.

End of part 1.

========================================

Part 2

Normal Attacks:

Jab: a 2 hit combo, Waluigi elbows the opponent, and then shin kicks them. Inspired by his appearance in Game & Watch Gallery 4: BOXING.

F-tilt: Swings his tennis racket in a horizontal motion, able to deflect incoming projectiles with correct timing.

U-tilt: Waluigi uppercuts the opponent similarly to how he hits a dice block in Mario Party.

D-tilt: Waluigi uses his tennis racket like a fly swatter, can meteor smash opponents near the ledge.

Dash Attack: Waluigi does a dropkick that has amazing reach, but leaves him open if whiffed. Based of his Drop Rocket technique from Super Mario Strikers.

F-smash: A single powerful forward kick, can semi-spike near the ledge. Inspired by his Assist Trophy finishing move, which in turn was inspired by his appearance as the final boss in Mario Party 3.

U-smash: Waluigi hits the opponent with his tennis racket in a vertical motion, going from down to up similar to a lob shot.

D-smash: A multi hitting kick that can bury opponents, hits only in front of Waluigi. Inspired by his AT.

N-air: Waluigi does a flying kick similar to Mario and Luigi. Useful for breaking out of combos, also has great reach.

F-air: Waluigi does his Drop Rocket technique, a strong meteor smash with good start up.

B-air: Waluigi does a back swing with his tennis racket, has good reach and strong launch power.

U-air: Waluigi kicks upward with both legs similar to Snake's U-air.

D-air: An aerial version of his Assist Trophy's multi hitting kick attack. If the final hit connects, it can meteor smash the opponent.

Grab: Waluigi reaches forward with his free hand to grab the opponent, has great reach.

Pummel: Waluigi hits the opponent with the tennis racket's butt, causing 2-3% damage.

F-throw: Waluigi throws the opponent in the air, and hits them with his tennis racket as if they were a tennis ball.

B-throw: Waluigi puts the opponent behind his back, before jumping and doing a reverse roundhouse kick, launching them away. Inspired by his winning animation from Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games.

U-throw: Waluigi kicks the opponent, sending them up in the air.

D-throw: Waluigi lays the opponent on the ground, and starts stomping them in quick succession.

The End

Thank you for your time
View attachment 261727

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord

Indeed. How baffling of people to think he doesn't have moveset potential. They could pull a bunch of stuff from Tennis, Golf, Party, and Kart. You could even recycle moves from other characters if need be. Wii Fit's jab would be a perfect reference to his Assist Trophy, Peach/Daisy's forward smash but probably only uses the tennis racquet, side B could use a kart ala Bowser Jr, I could buy Waluigi having Waft for down B... Even if they don't do that, there's still plenty to pull from. It really isn't hard

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I've been thinking about the Legacy XP takedown, and I realised something:

Waluigi is also in the other 2 big Smash fangames, Crusade and Flash 2, but they have stayed up. I should also note that Geno and Shadow are also in Crusade so I doubt that means much. The only newcomer exclusive to Legacy is Metal Sonic, who I really can't imagine being an official Smash fighter.

I have to admit, the GenoStop leak has got me a little worried for the Wah. I think a double reveal trailer would be the best outcome, while a bait and switch would be the worst. I think the GenoStop leak is just the same case as that Nintendo of Spain (I think) representative saying Rayman would be in 3DS/Wii U when he just meant the trophy, mostly because they're speaking in past tense and not specifically about a playable fighter - plus do you REALLY expect GameStop to be in on the know about unrevealed game content, especially DIGITAL content?

7NATOR

Smash Master

Waluigi is also in the other 2 big Smash fangames, Crusade and Flash 2, but they have stayed up. I should also note that Geno and Shadow are also in Crusade so I doubt that means much. The only newcomer exclusive to Legacy is Metal Sonic, who I really can't imagine being an official Smash fighter.

I have to admit, the GenoStop leak has got me a little worried for the Wah. I think a double reveal trailer would be the best outcome, while a bait and switch would be the worst. I think the GenoStop leak is just the same case as that Nintendo of Spain (I think) representative saying Rayman would be in 3DS/Wii U when he just meant the trophy, mostly because they're speaking in past tense and not specifically about a playable fighter - plus do you REALLY expect GameStop to be in on the know about unrevealed game content, especially DIGITAL content?
Crusade and Flash 2 use Sprites, compared to Official Smash games which uses models. Those Fangames can go under parody because of that and it's hard for Nintendo to take action against those game because of that (as long as they aren't selling the game)

Legacy XP Uses Models like Official Smash, and more specfically uses Brawl's Assets. There's a bigger case against a mod like Legacy XP.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

PP though did have a lot more moves throughout the franchise to use, if it helps.

But yeah, moveset isn't an issue here. Figuring out the best theme/style around the moveset is the bigger problem, and that's mainly about moveset coherency. Worth noting that Fox uses moves that resemble a few Arwing abilities(the laser is a given alone. But his reflector is the actual Barrel Roll, using a Silver Ring). Falcon's special moves very lightly resemble the various boosting abilities, but only for the Up and Down Special. He has nothing similar to the spinning move as is(it's a stretch to say the Up B even resembles it lightly), and he was based upon Japanese Superheroes overall(you can see some Kamen Rider inspirations with Falcon Kick alone). They both work well using punches and kicks too. Also, Fox did go on foot in multiplayer, using the laser gun as normal(and in some games, more weapons).

There's multiple ways to create a moveset. Fox, as I noted a bit above, had more abilities translated to Smash than Falcon did, but the difference is fairly small. Compare to Jigglypuff, whose moveset is similar to the anime, and happened to work out that way thanks to using Kirby as a base. Rest clearly does not resemble the Pokemon move at all, other than falling asleep(which isn't the core point behind it). Though that move can be improved, by getting rid of stuff like a flower on your head, while keeping the poor hitbox to compensate for something that removes any status effect. Of course, that also means you have to program it to end (any) status effect, including items. Now you can start to see why trying to perfectly resemble the actual move is asinine. Though some are more famous than others(Dead Man's Volley not being reflectable by more than the typical "reflector" is literally the wrong move. Just make it Lightning Ball, which is almost the same move other than the special reflectable nature part).

I'm been one who likes the idea of making Waluigi somewhat focused on sports, but it's not all he does. Though it'd be more awkward for him to pull out a Potted Piranha Plant, he still could easily for a move. There's also a Tennis shot that works just as well, but a different kind of projectile arc. He can already swim in the air. He's got strong legs and knows very well how to stomp. One of the mods I saw focused mainly on just editing his AT a bit(not sure who he might've used for a base skeleton to modify to make the moveset. Might've been Falcon?). That's a good start. You obviously can't make him an Echo(nobody matches his bodyshape. And joking aside, only Bayonetta comes close, and she isn't close enough. She actually could work for a potential base, but it'd still be closer to Ness/Wolf, who used Mario and Fox as their bases respectively. He can't do a lot of what Bayonetta can, outside of mayyyyyyybe a few animations. So probably closer to Ness, and he at first used a tiny slew of moves that were exaggerations of Mario's, making it obvious who the base was. His Down and Up Tilt have similar animations, though clearly different).

TX-55

Smash Journeyman

Remember that Waluigi's 20th anniversary is in 4/5 days, the same date as the rumored Nintendo Direct.
I know anniversaries never meant much for Smash reveals, but there are couple of instances when it did like with Little Mac in Smash 4.

The best outcome is having both Geno and Waluigi revealed in the same presentation.

Let the Wah end the Direct with a bang.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Even beyond Waluigi's introduction there are a quite a few reasons to celebrate Mario Tennis' anniversary, in fact I'd dare call it one of the most important games in the Mario canon character-wise, reintroducing Daisy and Birdo, allowing other Kongs to join Mario spin-offs, as well splitting up Mario with his baby counterpart.

Twirlerena

Smash Cadet

Gamestop already cleared that up. It’s not Geno.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613

They know. I'm sure of it
The Waluigi support is too strong to ignore at this point. I appreciate Nintendo throwing us a bone and acknowledging our purple clad bro's popularity, even if it seems to be more so NoA's doing.

Now all that needs to be done is for them to give us the sauce! :drflip:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I like the idea of Waluigi in Smash having an intentionally spammable move that is actually super easy to work around, like say a powerful tennis ball projectile that is equally as spammable as, if not more so than, Ness' PK Fire, but can also be reflected with any attack like Dedede's Gordos - something where there's a right way to use it and a wrong way to use it, and the wrong way is VERY tempting, but it'll always end in disaster for you.

Last edited:

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
Waluigi has no moveset potential. Do they not realize that the movesets for Fox, Falco, Wolf, and Captain Falcon were completely made up

I mean, theoretically, all video game characters have moveset potential because they are born in video games, that makes sense, right?

Waluigi, no exception, sure has moveset potential. He lack of something else to make him stand out from the ocean of potential characters is always the task here. Fans don't really want another plant piranha to take the next Mario slot, so claiming that every character can be a fighter would just rather decreases Waluigi's chance.

I don't feel it's wise to directly compare Waluigi to Fox since we know the reason why they were chosen isn't applicable for Waluigi. Well, if Waluigi gets his featured game series, he sure automatically gets a brand new moveset and we don't even need to concern about his moveset potential.

I'm been one who likes the idea of making Waluigi somewhat focused on sports, but it's not all he does. Though it'd be more awkward for him to pull out a Potted Piranha Plant, he still could easily for a move. There's also a Tennis shot that works just as well, but a different kind of projectile arc. He can already swim in the air. He's got strong legs and knows very well how to stomp.
I think the delimma is, of course, this idea can pull out a moveset, but we don't know if it's gona be a moveset as impressive as Wario and Mario's. A good moveset grabs uniqueness and references. When we talk about references in Smash, that means video games.

Sport, as discussed before, it's "everyone can do" thing. Integrating personality with his actions, could be unique, however, ther problem here is it doesn't cover reference need.

Such as Mario bros can throw fireballs, people know that's a reference direct from Super Mario bros, which hints on their participation in SMB titles. Waluigi's float swim, on the other hand, isn't tied with a specific video game reference. It's more like an vague outline of the character. And we don't know how Nintendo would exactly plan Waluigi's moveset if most part has to rely on their imagination about Waluigi's personality. That's the difference with direct video game references.

If Waluigi's strong stomp was a reference from NSMBUDX where Waluigi was the only stompable character, that would be a very valuable reference for NIntendo to note.

The Waluigi support is too strong to ignore at this point. I appreciate Nintendo throwing us a bone and acknowledging our purple clad bro's popularity, even if it seem
I hate to say it but NIntendo is really good at ignoring.

Even beyond Waluigi's introduction there are a quite a few reasons to celebrate Mario Tennis' anniversary, in fact I'd dare call it one of the most important games in the Mario canon character-wise, reintroducing Daisy and Birdo, allowing other Kongs to join Mario spin-offs, as well splitting up Mario with his baby counterpart.
Makes sense.

I just say regarding Waluigi as "Mario Tennis character" than "Mario series main character" isn't even a good idea to begin with.

Last edited:

zumaddy

Smash Ace
At this point Nintendo seem well aware that Waluigi has memetic popularity, I just hope they don't trap him in that category exclusively though.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
At this point Nintendo seem well aware that Waluigi has memetic popularity, I just hope they don't trap him in that category exclusively though.
Mmm I agree, his meme status should be use as a motivation for Nintendo to use the character more and expand upon him and hopefully give him his own adventures and stuff, not become the sole focus and the only thing they use him for. That would be wasted potential if I ever saw it [of course, I also can totally see that happening unfortunatey :( ]

TooBadWaluigiTime

Smash Apprentice
Dear lord, trying not to set myself up for disappointment for a potential wah is getting increasingly harder and harder. I know this is bad and I shouldn't do it, but at the same time, it just feels like the stars are aligning.

Last edited:

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
A man can dream :4pacman:
Like said, saying Waluigi relates to sports more than any other charactet is still farfetching. If he is ever a Smash fighter that's simply cause he is a main character of the Mario series, not cause he is equivalent with Kid and Shirley.

As for the logo not sure how it's gonna use. Feels not like mobile app project. Seems a bit simple for a title for video game.

One of the replies says something about the copyright being filed by either Namco or Square... (hopefully the prior) oh my Rosalina, It might just be... I'm trying to hype responsibly, I swear...
For the latter it'd be a light for Geno fans unless Square just nominate the mages for new sport titles again.

Last edited:

Twirlerena

Smash Cadet
If this is true. It’s gonna be a new sport game announced soon or...Waluigi for smash? I‘m hoping for the latter.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Dear lord, trying not to set myself up for disappointment for a potential wah is getting increasingly harder and harder. I know this is bad and I shouldn't do it, but at the same time, it just feels like the stars are aligning.
I know the feeling. I don't want to get hyped up, but I feel that it could be time for Waluigi to make his biggest impact yet. Hopefully a Smash inclusion can lead to Waluigi making appearances in main series titles or his own game.

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
I know the feeling. I don't want to get hyped up, but I feel that it could be time for Waluigi to make his biggest impact yet. Hopefully a Smash inclusion can lead to Waluigi making appearances in main series titles or his own game.
Wouldnt the order usually be reverse? Based on how other Mario fighters were chosen.

Waluigi should be in main games more because Nintendo owe him. Otherwise we'd have to compare to Toadette and and Nabbit who don't need to rely on Smash entry to get s mainstream role, or plant piranha would rather be the next one with big role in that case, which is even worse to Waluigi.

Plus, appearing in some features games could benefit him in Smash moveset ideas too.

Last edited:

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
I believe if Waluigi is getting announced and it is supposed to line up with the anniversary, it's gonna be either today or tomorrow early morning for the announcement for the 20th/21st.

Anything afterwards regarding a direct, then I'm gonna assume it probably has nothing to do with Waluigi :(

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
You fellas might wanna keep your expectations low, Geno is looking super likely as the next character to be revealed. This person is Jeff Grubb, an insider with a pretty damn good record.

While i support Geno and see him as a possible choice, remember to never be super sure of a character, especially if you support them.

Never forget:

(and no insiders are not word of god. Remember Star Fox racing)

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
While i support Geno and see him as a possible choice, remember to never be super sure of a character, especially if you support them.

Never forget:

(and no insiders are not word of god. Remember Star Fox racing)
Star Fox racing came from Sabi and Vergeben, it was a known hoax spread by an actual insider to bait them out. Jeff has actual sources and he stood his ground when everyone doubted him over the mini direct back in March. It's good to be cautious but things are looking super well for Geno right now.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
You fellas might wanna keep your expectations low, Geno is looking super likely as the next character to be revealed. This person is Jeff Grubb, an insider with a pretty damn good record.

Dammit. Hopefully we get that double reveal we were talking about, but I really doubt it. They revealed 2 newcomers at E3 last time, but I doubt that'll happen with two characters from the same series unless one of them is a bonus like Piranha Plant.

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Dammit. Hopefully we get that double reveal we were talking about, but I really doubt it.
Yeah I'm heavily doubting we'll get two Mario characters in the same pass. If Geno does get revealed then as much as it hurts me to say it I think this might be it for Waluigi until the next game. But regardless Geno fans deserve their character and happiness. We already had our dreams crossed like 4 times before so this is nothing new, take it in stride dudes, Waluigi will make it in some day.

Last edited:

Twirlerena

Smash Cadet
I don’t think he actually knows who it is. In other news, I just realized that the Mario sports trademark could be a sub series in the Mario franchise for Super smash bros. Like how we got Super Mario and Mario kart as series in the game. (Like the music section for instance). It could be a third sub series for the franchise with Waluigi representing it. Would explain the trademark, the tease with the tweet Nintendo did and Mario tennis Aces tournament happening. Keep in mind, this is all speculation. Will find out tomorrow!

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
I don’t think he actually knows who it is. In other news, I just realized that the Mario sports trademark could be a sub series in the Mario franchise for Super smash bros. Like how we got Super Mario and Mario kart as series in the game. (Like the music section for instance). It could be a third sub series for the franchise with Waluigi representing it. Would explain the trademark, the tease with the tweet Nintendo did and Mario tennis Aces tournament happening. Keep in mind, this is all speculation. Will find out tomorrow!
That would actually be strange if we set in Nintendo's shoe.

Assume I'm Nintendo and want to promote Waluigi to a featured protagonist like Yoshi and Wario, when creating a new franchise, Id just name it "Crazy Waluigi Sports" and then get to plan some new games under it. Registering "Mario sport" cannot make people understand my motive of promoting Waluigi.

It's just like you go to a bakery and make an order. You tell the clerk "I want cake!. " When he gives you a cheesecake, you tell you actually want a chocolate one.

You're setting a double layered theory that hasn't been officially approved, one is Waluigi being most important to Mario sports (objectively he is an equivalent partcipant), the other is Mario sports is a legit franchise despite it lacks necessary independence.

I mean, Nintendo even decides to not make Luigi a rep of Luigi Mansion despite it could had been valid by your logic, I would doubt naming Waluigi to represent something else can really reclassify anything. Even Tingle hasn't been a fighter despite he has own featured games.

Ultimately a characters importance should be gained by obtaining further spotlights in games. If you just try to register a name to make you different, that would be more like "pretending". Like said, Yoshi and Wario already exists, so most Nintendo fans would unlikely accept this move.

Last edited:

Twirlerena

Smash Cadet
That would actually be strange if we set in Nintendo's shoe.

Assume I'm Nintendo and want to promote Waluigi to a featured protagonist like Yoshi and Wario, when creating a new franchise, Id just name it "Crazy Waluigi Sports" and then get to plan some new games under it. Registering "Mario sport" cannot make people understand my motive of promoting Waluigi.

It's just like you go to a bakery and make an order. You tell the clerk "I want cake!. " When he gives you a cheesecake, you tell you actually want a chocolate one.

You're setting a double layered theory that hasn't been officially approved, one is Waluigi being most important to Mario sports (objectively he is an equivalent partcipant), the other is Mario sports is a legit franchise despite it lacks necessary independence.

I mean, Nintendo even decides to not make Luigi a rep of Luigi Mansion despite it could had been valid by your logic, I would doubt naming Waluigi to represent something else can really reclassify anything. Even Tingle hasn't been a fighter despite he has own featured games.

Ultimately a characters importance should be gained by obtaining further spotlights in games. If you just try to register a name to make you different, that would be more like "pretending". Like said, Yoshi and Wario already exists, so most Nintendo fans would unlikely accept this move.
He would still represent Mario as a whole, they could just add the sport series with music and stuff.

Top Bottom