• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A New Wah-volution!: NEW Waluigi Support Thread

ZerBerry

Smash Cadet
a lot of people are saying that waluigi is probably the last dlc of the game because he would fit that spot but what if he's actually NEXT !
if i could summarize some potential things poiting toward that, i'd say that :

- july is waluigi's 20th birthday and it's possible we could get a direct this month so the opportunity is perfect to reveal him during the direct (if he was planned for e3)

- it's mario's 35th birthday, the flagship series and the most well known video game series of all time and what's better than celebrating it with some remakes of 64 and sunshine and the inclusion of a wanted mario character in smash ?

- legacy xp got a c&d by nintendo ninjas... but why now ? legacy xp had ridley in the mod and it was way before he was revealed in ultimate and yet, nothing happened until this year, during FP2. it's probably because one of the characters in lxp is going to be a dlc in ultimate so basically, they didn't kill it for ridley since he was in the base game so he wouldn't be bringing any money to nintendo but a dlc character will and since they don't want someone else use assets of the character, they killed the mod just now. at this point, it's either waluigi or geno

- sakurai said that after the fp1, he wanted to include just 1 or 2 more characters (in byleth presentation) but what if one of these characters were waluigi ? he was aware that waluigi was heavily wanted way before he planned to add more characters so could he be one of these characters he was going to include before deciding to do another pass ? if so, that means that he was truly meant to be the last character of the game before being put in the fp2 as the 2nd character (and a leaker said that waluigi was "last" but idk if that's really count)

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Just curious, who do you think are Waluigi's 'competitors' within the ATs?
Characters it would be easier to fill out a challenger pack for. Unless Waluigi is a bonus fighter.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
The thing that really bothers me about the structure of the FP is that it's geared towards franchises that aren't represented or new games, which isn't that helpful for Waluigi sadly. Not saying it's not gonna happen, they could easily make a Waluigi pinball stage or a Mario Party stage, and they could add some music from the spin-offs that aren't in Smash. But with how the FP is structured it just makes things a bit worrying for Waluigi's outlook. I still think he's the most likely AT promotion at the moment, but that doesn't say much.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The thing that really bothers me about the structure of the FP is that it's geared towards franchises that aren't represented or new games, which isn't that helpful for Waluigi sadly. Not saying it's not gonna happen, they could easily make a Waluigi pinball stage or a Mario Party stage, and they could add some music from the spin-offs that aren't in Smash. But with how the FP is structured it just makes things a bit worrying for Waluigi's outlook. I still think he's the most likely AT promotion at the moment, but that doesn't say much.
Keep in mind he needs at least two music tracks to work, and the Mario music is interchangeable among stages due to the new music options.

There's multitudes of plausible spirits to add from the Super Mario series and a good chunk of spirits could easily be used for the spirit board. Previous spirits are already possible. You could easily include the ones which are summon only just to make it easier to get them.

So honestly? There's really nothing like that making it hard at all. The bigger thing is if Sakurai can figure out a moveset he feels makes sense, and while a ton of moves exist, that doesn't mean he sees it in his mind. But that's just a normal thing many characters suffer from anyway. So it's nothing particular to this character either. Nintendo is the other issue, but who knows what they'll choose. They have a lot of characters to consider, after all. Then the rest is just prioritizing which ones to suggest to Sakurai first(since he doesn't have a list to choose from, the only way some can get in is if others were rejected first. No particular examples needed. That's just going to naturally happen. If there's 7 characters, the 7th one in priority requires someone else to not make it. If that's more clear what I mean).

BigZGaming2015

Smash Journeyman
Speak for yourself, I'd play the **** out of that. Or a Mario Party-centric stage, surprised that hasn't been a thing yet.
Wow I never realized we don't have a mario party stage, I definitely would take that if we couldn't have waluigi pinball. Kinda wonder how would it work though? I imagine it would be a traveling stage, going around the board like you would in Mario Party, but how would that work?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Keep in mind he needs at least two music tracks to work, and the Mario music is interchangeable among stages due to the new music options.

There's multitudes of plausible spirits to add from the Super Mario series and a good chunk of spirits could easily be used for the spirit board. Previous spirits are already possible. You could easily include the ones which are summon only just to make it easier to get them.

So honestly? There's really nothing like that making it hard at all. The bigger thing is if Sakurai can figure out a moveset he feels makes sense, and while a ton of moves exist, that doesn't mean he sees it in his mind. But that's just a normal thing many characters suffer from anyway. So it's nothing particular to this character either. Nintendo is the other issue, but who knows what they'll choose. They have a lot of characters to consider, after all. Then the rest is just prioritizing which ones to suggest to Sakurai first(since he doesn't have a list to choose from, the only way some can get in is if others were rejected first. No particular examples needed. That's just going to naturally happen. If there's 7 characters, the 7th one in priority requires someone else to not make it. If that's more clear what I mean).
Technically true, but I feel like Sakurai would want to make spirit boards something like "Golden Sun" or "Kirby Star Allies" and not "Random Mario **** We Haven't Included Yet"

I do think Waluigi's board would include Standard Bike though. If he got one and wasn't a bonus.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Technically true, but I feel like Sakurai would want to make spirit boards something like "Golden Sun" or "Kirby Star Allies" and not "Random Mario **** We Haven't Included Yet"

I do think Waluigi's board would include Standard Bike though. If he got one and wasn't a bonus.
No, I really don't think it matters whatsoever who the character is for Spirit Boards. They're easy to make for just about every franchise.

He's not going to really care all that much because all he has to do is look for some options that weren't used. There's actually a ton of Mario Party characters who make for perfect Spirits alone. Just for one easy example. If anything, the Spirit Board will probably be more related to what Waluigi's overall design is based upon. If it's more based upon Sports, we'd see more Golf/Tennis references probably than anything else. Someone like Gooigi would be doubtful, but not impossible.

There is no lack of choices nor does it remotely matter that there could be other series he has more Spirits ideas for. As there's not even a reasonable chance for any bonus characters anyway, the reality is that if he's suggested Waluigi, what is going to make it or break it for him is if he can make him work within Smash. That's literally what matters. And licensing is also part of "what works" too for him, cause obviously they can't add anyone they want alone. It's not that simple. With 1st parties, it's really easy. Not some problems with music or spirits(which there aren't even problems for, really).

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Howdy, friends! I come from the geno thread, bearing a gift. Waluigi time will soon be upon us, my brothers.
(I made this creepy face wah, use it for whatever)

Attachments

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
- july is waluigi's 20th birthday and it's possible we could get a direct this month so the opportunity is perfect to reveal him during the direct (if he was planned for e3)
I doubt that has any correlation, no Smash character that I think of have been revealed solely because of their anniversary.

ZerBerry

Smash Cadet
Yep. Maybe we'll get a nice celebration tweet, I think Nintendo does that type of thing occasionally.
a celebration tweet, more like... a shadowdrop announcement of waluigi in smash/waluigi game!

Thatkidwiththeafro

The Pink Panther's Bro!
NNID
Mr.F-ZeroBias
No, I really don't think it matters whatsoever who the character is for Spirit Boards. They're easy to make for just about every franchise.

He's not going to really care all that much because all he has to do is look for some options that weren't used. There's actually a ton of Mario Party characters who make for perfect Spirits alone. Just for one easy example. If anything, the Spirit Board will probably be more related to what Waluigi's overall design is based upon. If it's more based upon Sports, we'd see more Golf/Tennis references probably than anything else. Someone like Gooigi would be doubtful, but not impossible.

There is no lack of choices nor does it remotely matter that there could be other series he has more Spirits ideas for. As there's not even a reasonable chance for any bonus characters anyway, the reality is that if he's suggested Waluigi, what is going to make it or break it for him is if he can make him work within Smash. That's literally what matters. And licensing is also part of "what works" too for him, cause obviously they can't add anyone they want alone. It's not that simple. With 1st parties, it's really easy. Not some problems with music or spirits(which there aren't even problems for, really).
Honestly, there's SO MANY other Camelot characters from the Mario Series that could easily be added. Kid could easily be one of the Spirits on the board easy, along with the likes of main characters such as Plum, Azalea, Kate, Nina, Harry, Alex, Neil and Ella, all main characters from Mario Golf/Tennis along with a few more Mario Golf humans such as Sonny, Maple, Charlie, etc.

That's just a FEW that could be added for that.

I didn't mention the likes of Hellen, Gooiugi, etc. because they could go to King Boo's Spirit Board.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem

New video by papageno on the recent Waluigi birthday reveal theory
In regards to the rumored direct possibly being on the 14th, then it would have to be announced today (the 13th) or never unless it's a shadow drop (which I doubt), so the 20th seems more likely on my eyes.

Fingers crossed Wah has his day :sadeyes:

Last edited:

millsfan

Smash Apprentice
a lot of people are saying that waluigi is probably the last dlc of the game because he would fit that spot but what if he's actually NEXT !
if i could summarize some potential things poiting toward that, i'd say that :

- it's mario's 35th birthday, the flagship series and the most well known video game series of all time and what's better than celebrating it with some remakes of 64 and sunshine and the inclusion of a wanted mario character in smash ?

- legacy xp got a c&d by nintendo ninjas... but why now ? legacy xp had ridley in the mod and it was way before he was revealed in ultimate and yet, nothing happened until this year, during FP2. it's probably because one of the characters in lxp is going to be a dlc in ultimate so basically, they didn't kill it for ridley since he was in the base game so he wouldn't be bringing any money to nintendo but a dlc character will and since they don't want someone else use assets of the character, they killed the mod just now. at this point, it's either waluigi or geno

- sakurai said that after the fp1, he wanted to include just 1 or 2 more characters (in byleth presentation) but what if one of these characters were waluigi ? he was aware that waluigi was heavily wanted way before he planned to add more characters so could he be one of these characters he was going to include before deciding to do another pass ? if so, that means that he was truly meant to be the last character of the game before being put in the fp2 as the 2nd character (and a leaker said that waluigi was "last" but idk if that's really count)
Smash legacy xp has
Waluigi
Geno
Shadow

shadow fan here....Hope we get waluigi to commence assist upgrades. I’d love if this entire dlc pack was assist and spirit upgrades. Been wanting Shadow since brawl! Nintendo knowing of this mod is good, because Shadow is epic in this mod. Although I prefer his down b counter with chaos control kick in smash flash 2 mod

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
Min min's "new" tag was removed from the smash site. Past tense speaking whenever this happens a reveal happens in that week or the next roughly.

..... Oh my wah it might actually be happening.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Let's remember to hype responsibly... that being said...

This direct is all the delayed E3 content, right? Because Waluigi would be perfect for an E3 reveal considering 1. E3 is a western event, and Waluigi is more popular in English speaking territories, and 2. E3 is where the Waluigi requests really became big. Nintendo strategically delaying the reveal to the Wahnniversary doesn't seem too weird, a lot of 3DS/Wii U veteran reveals tied in to game launches so it wouldn't be a completely new territory for Smash.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
1_Hw1HgDT7iEU7ulvHhUdb2Q.jpeg

Something else to consider is that it's all but been confirmed that this Direct is a mash up of what was supposed to be the 35th Super Mario anniversary presentation in May and the E3 presentation in June sooooooo... Potentially good times ahead, wah-mrades?

Dukefire

Smash Master
Still, I would tread carefully since Nintendo and Sakurai holds all the cards when it comes to Smash Ultimate. The ARMS rep wasn't revealed on it's 3 year anniversary and instead was dropped on June 22.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
It's looking incredibly likely we're getting a new character reveal soon. My heart says Waluigi but my brain slaps it and tells it no. At the very least whoever this upcoming character is they probably were going to be revealed at E3 had that event not been scrapped. Waluigi fits an E3 reveal, but so do a couple of other characters. Hype responsibly people.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
And now a Mario tennis aces tournament was announced for the 25th.

I really don't wanna hype myself but
166.png

It really does seem there's a good chance this time. I'm holding onto that hope.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
And now a Mario tennis aces tournament was announced for the 25th.

I really don't wanna hype myself but

It really does seem there's a good chance this time. I'm holding onto that hope.
Usually I would say this means nothing, but then I remembered ARMS had a special event to coincide with the ARMS Smash reveal back in March so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I mean, if that is supposed to be a hint then it's about as subtle as walking out of the shower and into the hallway naked when there's company over but, like I often tell the Geno fanbase, just because something is a good coincidence doesn't mean it's inherently false. Hype responsibly but let yourselves have fun too.

TX-55

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo did hint at Waluigi last year with a strange pic.
2019052807093900-57B4628D2267231D57E0FC1078C0596D.jpg

20200713_192214.jpg

This screenshot is from the Nintendo Switch news channel. It was an article about the Zoom in/out feature, the picture is basically "Where's Wally (or Where's Waldo)".
The article was published on 5/27/2019, one or two weeks before E3 2019.
2019052807083100-57B4628D2267231D57E0FC1078C0596D.jpg

2019052807091700-57B4628D2267231D57E0FC1078C0596D.jpg

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
Something I just want to say to everyone since I talked about it with my girlfriend as well (as she's a very big Geno fan), is that since a lot of people are debating whether we can get both of them in or just one (the latter option being considered most likely by most), no matter what happens I want everyone in both the Waluigi fanbase and Geno fanbase to be respectful and work together, and not throw one or the other under the bus. The last thing we need on the smash community is more infighting between fanbases cus one character got in over another, and considering these are both technically Mario characters there's a lot of rivalry between the two as it's often seen as a "we'll only get one or the other" situation. I'm personally hoping we get both, but should we get a scenario where say Waluigi gets in but Geno is only a deluxe Mii fighter costume, or vice versa, let's not mock the other fanbases and keep things friendly.

I think this is important especially for us Waluigi fans, because sadly (and unfairly) our fan base has had a bad reputation in the eyes of the majority thanks to a few bad apples that unfortunately got the most attention when they pulled some crap, so let's make sure we don't fit the stereotype and we do better than what they think of us.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker

New video by papageno on the recent Waluigi birthday reveal theory
In regards to the rumored direct possibly being on the 14th, then it would have to be announced today (the 13th) or never unless it's a shadow drop (which I doubt), so the 20th seems more likely on my eyes.

Fingers crossed Wah has his day :sadeyes:
It would be one hell of a way to celebrate Waluigi's 20th anniversary. You guys are making it hard to keep my hype and expectations contained, especially after reading Fatmanonice Fatmanonice 's info regarding the Mii Costume Theory and other info. Must hype responsibly.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO HYPE RESPONSIBLY WITHOUT MY POSSIBLE EVIDENCE TO THE CONTRARY?

I'm trying my hardest not to hype myself up, I swear, I know the tragic tale of Skull Kid, but I just can't help it.
Thin Woman in Boiling Water is enough of a reason why you should be hyping responsibly.

ZerBerry

Smash Cadet
oh **** if you told me a week before that it's possible that in only a few days, we could get waluigi in smash, i would have called an exorcist for you
i thought at first that we would probably get him as the last character in november 2021, now with this anniversary theory and mostly the mario tennis aces tournament, this week might be the last week we live without waluigi playable in smash ultimate...

Last edited:

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Malo Mart from the Geno Discord server made this, they let me share it here cus I figured everyone would love this
View attachment 278316

Also fitting cus this is the mood right now with smash speculation :p
Heyo, it's me! Appreciate my edit being shared around these parts. I've been mostly on the Geno thread as far as Smashboards goes, and even then, I haven't had the motivation to use it lately, but I'll let it be known that my love and support for Waluigi is about as strong as it is for Geno.

I've loved the guy for as long as I can remember, and he's my go-to for any Mario spinoff (besides Mario Kart Wii for funky reasons). I've been there for his highs, his lows and his very lows in Smash speculation, and I couldn't be happier that him and another one of my most wanteds have a very good shot for DLC. I suppose I'll stay in this thread now too, it'll be much easier to keep track of that the Geno one is, that's for sure.

Count me in as a supporter. Long live the duality of Wah and Puppet, and cheers to you and your gf, Jem! emote-4.png

ZerBerry

Smash Cadet
legit question here : if they considered waluigi, what would they do with the "super smash bros ultimate x series/game" thing ? smash bros x mario tennis ? smash bros x mario kart ? smash bros x waluigi ?

it's actually a bit concerning because what would he represent if he's appearing in multiple spin-offs ? if he was in one main game, then it would be "smash bros x that game" but since he's only in multiple spin offs, how are they going to handle that?

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
legit question here : if they considered waluigi, what would they do with the "super smash bros ultimate x series/game" thing ? smash bros x mario tennis ? smash bros x mario kart ? smash bros x waluigi ?

it's actually a bit concerning because what would he represent if he's appearing in multiple spin-offs ? if he was in one main game, then it would be "smash bros x that game" but since he's only in multiple spin offs, how are they going to handle that?
I have two guesses. Either they'll go Smash Bros X Waluigi or Smash Bros X Super Mario.

The former is possible because we've seen this happen to other characters like Altair and Vault Boy. The latter is also possible since that's the franchise Waluigi is from, it's kinda hard to reduce him to only one game since he's kinda everywhere.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I have two guesses. Either they'll go Smash Bros X Waluigi or Smash Bros X Super Mario.

The former is possible because we've seen this happen to other characters like Altair and Vault Boy. The latter is also possible since that's the franchise Waluigi is from, it's kinda hard to reduce him to only one game since he's kinda everywhere.
I can't remember did they do "Smash Bros X Fire Emblem" for Byleth?

For some reason I had assumed they only did that for franchises that were making their playable debut or franchises appearing in the game for the first time through mii costumes.

oh **** if you told me a week before that it's possible that in only a few days, we could get waluigi in smash, i would have called an exorcist for you
i thought at first that we would probably get him as the last character in november 2021, now with this anniversary theory and mostly the mario tennis aces tournament, this week might be the last week we live without waluigi playable in smash ultimate...
I know there's a lot of buzz for this next character being a Mario character, but a part of me thinks we're just going to get blindsided again...

Like we all think either Waluigi or Geno is coming but it ends up being Urshifu.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I can't remember did they do "Smash Bros X Fire Emblem" for Byleth?
Smash Bros. X Fire Emblem: Three Houses.
For some reason I had assumed they only did that for franchises that were making their playable debut or franchises appearing in the game for the first time through mii costumes.
The Mii costume showcases are full of redundant splash screens. Both Zero and X got Smash X Mega Man X for example.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
I highly doubt they'd opt to do it over the safe and simple "Smash X Super Mario", but I'd LOVE if Waluigi's trailer just featured his own name in the crossover screen thingy, as if he was his own series or something. Of course, this has been done with the Altair and Vault Boy costumes (exclusively in the North American version of the presentations for some reason), but it'd suit Waluigi like a glove. His whole schtick is that he's a sore loser with high desires of getting the upper hand over everybody else through his cocky and arrogant demeanor. He'll lament over his losses, but he'll do whatever it takes, be it by legitimate means or by deception, to be the best, or number one if you will. Also he's just a weird fella. And what better way to come out on top, whilst still being his weird self, than have literally EVERYTHING related to him in Smash being modeled after his image?

Waluigi coming with copious more amounts of Waluigi content is is what I want out of him if he gets to have his own Challenger Pack as nutty and ludicrous as it might be, hence the reason I made the "Oops! All Waluigi" meme from earlier. And hey, I'll take as much Waluigi as I can get in my life!

So why not, here's a mockup of his Smash crossover screen if my wishes were to be granted somehow:

smash x waluigi.png

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I believe VB and Altair had their names instead of their series because of he the ESRB, showing their logos could count as advertising their series to the E10+ crowd.

Anyway, my guess is SSBU X Mario Tennis, through SSBU X Waluigi would be great.

Top Bottom