• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A new Sonic and SEGA All Stars Racing! (Creation Thread)

How do you think this game should play?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Job #12: Speed Star

Flagmen:
  1. Flagman (It is his job after all)
  2. Sega Hard Girls
  3. Sega-Chan
Job #15 (Classic): Streets of Rage. The original.
I know Streets of Rage 2 is more popular, but...well I just like Adam more than I do Skates and Max tbh.

Job #16: I think two days is fine. Considering we have mutliple jobs open, one day wouldn't give us much time at all. If we were to have only one job each, a day would work, but the current set up I feel that isn't enough time.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Hi all! I've given it two days as per the suggestion of YoshiandToad YoshiandToad and osby osby - does this work better? Feel free to let me know! Continuing on:

In terms of the vehicle Sonic will be driving, it's going to be the original Speed Star, submitted by osby osby . Next up:

The first Flagman added to the game will be Professor Asobin, submitted by Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds ! A quite obscure pick - but I think a solid one!

The bonus cassettes are as follows:

Sonic the Hedgehog: (submitted by Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario )
Work it Out
Back in Time
Quartz Quadrant - Present (JP/EU)7
Dilapidated Way
Dreams of an Absolution

OutRun: (submitted by Speed Weed Speed Weed )
Step on Beat
Rush a Difficulty
Blow Your Cool
Adventure
Shiny World

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, for the jobs we just had! And, here's the submissions for Job #14:

Fantasy Zone:
Menon Galactic Highway, submitted by Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds

Streets of Rage:
Old Pier, submitted by osby osby

Ristar:
Planet Sonata, submitted by Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario

As a result of these three all being the only ones for their individual series, they all get in! Aside from this, this also means all of the attached Cassettes get in, being:

Fantasy Zone:
Opa-Opa!
Boss Theme (Fantasy Zone)
Boss Theme (Super Fantasy Zone)

Streets of Rage:
Ghost Fair
They're Back
Spotlight Sommersault

Ristar:
On Parade
Shooting Ristar
Dancing Leaves

On this note: I'm actually going to keep this job open, but specifically for any Phantasy Star tracks and Cassettes that anyone has in mind.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In terms of Classics, we got some pretty good submissions:

Ristar (Genesis), submitted by Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds
Streets of Rage (Genesis), submitted by YoshiandToad YoshiandToad
Phantasy Star IV (Genesis), submitted by osby osby

Sooooo, time for new jobs! And, on that, let's start with:

Job #17: Submit 5 bonus Cassettes for each new track!
Similar to a previous job, it's a good idea here to fill out our music, so try and submit 5 Cassettes for Fantasy Zone, Crazy Taxi, Streets of Rage, or Ristar! We'll go through a voting process as with the last set.

Job #18: Submit another new Item!
I think this is also a good chance to submit a new item to the fold, so go wild! Bear in mind that the function can't be identical to a previous item, and if you can, try and make it distinct in terms of appearance, series, and so forth.

Job #19: Submit a new Battle Stage!
Given that our current only Battle Stage originates from Fantasy Zone, that leaves Sonic the Hedgehog, OutRun, Crazy Taxi, Phantasy Star, Streets of Rage and Ristar open to this job! Bear in mind that a battle stage isn't a circuit, but is where a battle would take place, similar to Mario Kart's Battle Mode!

Anyways, keep safe, and have fun with this. I hope interest has remained - and I hope this message finds you all well. Word of advice - be sure to take care of yourselves, and get plenty of sleep! See ya around :)

Last edited:

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
I'm not especially versed in music from these games but I have two Fantasy Zone songs I really like: Keep on the Beat and Dreaming Tomorrow
I do have a full submission set for Ristar music though:
  1. Ice Scream
  2. Busy Flare
  3. Du-Di-Da!
  4. Crazy Kings
  5. Ready... Go!
I also have a battle stage:
White Space (Sonic Generations)
The arena is a large, white void with models of various Sonic levels scattered throughout. These models serve as the walls and barriers that players can hide behind. Occasionally, Badniks will spawn from certain models and attack. The models are a combination of the levels from the console and handheld versions of Generations, and they are:
  • Green Hill (Motobugs can appear)
  • Chemical Plant
  • Mushroom Hill
  • Tropical Coast (Coconuts can appear)
  • City Escape (GUN Robots can appear)
  • Water Palace (Egg Pawns can appear)
  • Rooftop Run
  • Tropical Resort
  • Boss Gate (Very rarely, the Time Eater can appear)

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Battle stage: Special Stage (Sonic)

The Special Stage has a lot of pitfalls and bobbins scattered throughout, those pitfalls and bobbins rotate positions across the stage, and driving over L or R pads makes them go move clockwise or counter clockwise. The general shape of the stage, which is assymetrical, does not change.

Item: Speed Shoes

The Mushroom equivalent basically

Job 17:
Opa-Opa Cassettes:
1. Plaleaf Theme
2. Sbardius theme
3. Mango (Super Fantasy Zone)
4. Picnic (Super Fantasy Zone)
5. Fantasy Zone II title Theme

Job 18:
IDA (Space Harrier)

It acts like Shell from Mario, but it doesn't bounce and when has contact with enemy or Wall, it can explode. You can throw it forwards or backwards.

Job 19:
Starry Battlefield (Ristar)

The Arena is shaped like Big Yellow Star. The Hazards are Orblets, who try to Attack the Player and they try to knock you out of the Battlefield, since there are easy to fall off-edges on some edges of the Map.
The Arena takes place in Space and there are all Ristar Planets in cosmic Background.

(On thing about Prof. Asobin is that he will replace Sonic Says (Tips) from previous games and Asobin could give all racing Tips)

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Job 17:
Sonic Casettes:
1. Fist Bump (Sonic Forces)
2. Reach for the Stars (Sonic Colors)
3. Title Theme (Sonic Unleashed)
4. Can you feel the Sunshine (Sonic R)
5. Back 2 Back (Sonic Rush)

Job 18:
IDA (Space Harrier)

It acts like Shell from Mario, but it doesn't bounce and when has contact with enemy or Wall, it can explode. You can throw it forwards or backwards.

Job 19:
Starry Battlefield (Ristar)

The Arena is shaped like Big Yellow Star. The Hazards are Orblets, who try to Attack the Player and they try to knock you out of the Battlefield, since there are easy to fall off-edges on some edges of the Map.
The Arena takes place in Space and there are all Ristar Planets in cosmic Background.

(On thing about Prof. Asobin is that he will replace Sonic Says (Tips) from previous games and Asobin could give all racing Tips)
Hi, I'm really sorry to be a bother, but I'm afraid Sonic Cassettes aren't currently a part of the job. Whilst I love your submissions, please can you edit your Cassettes to either be from the Fantasy Zone, Crazy Taxi, Streets of Rage or Ristar? Thank you in advance, and I'm terribly sorry to be a bother at all.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Hi all! I'm aware that it's been a while since the last one, but things came up... I'm really sorry about that. ANYWAYS-

So, to begin with, we have Job #17, which had a couple of really cool submissions, as follows!

First up, we have Torgo the Bear Torgo the Bear 's submissions:

Ristar
Ice Scream
Busy Flare
Du-Di-Da!
Crazy Kings
Ready... Go!

Followed by Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds 's submissions:

Fantasy Zone
Plaleaf
Sbardian
Mango!
Picnic
Fantasy Zone II

Y'know, there's some really unique submissions in the Cassettes section right now. I'm loving it - it's refreshing to see a mix of the popular and obscure being represented, as opposed to just the same stuff over and over again!

Next up is Job #18, for which we have a vote between:

Speed Shoes, returning from the previous games and submitted by Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
IDA, a new item submitted by Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds

Feel free to vote for the one you like, though you can't vote the one you submitted.

Up next is Job #19, for which the submissions were really unique! However, given they're both in new series, I'll stick 'em both in for now. ;3

That leads us to the all new jobs for today, for which we have some quite interesting ones! I'll try and make them exciting once more:

Job #20: Submit a returning character (not third party or console exclusive, though) from either of the first games in the series!
I feel like this job in particular has a lot of potential: there's tons of solid picks from the older rosters, and I feel like having a few legacy picks in would be good. If possible, I'll try and get three in here too!

Job #21: Submit a character from the Sonic the Hedgehog series!
Given this is, well, SEGA, they'll want more than one character in. However, whilst there's a lot of easy submissions, feel free to think outside the box! There's a lot of characters to choose from, and remember that where applicable, you can submit more than one "driver" for a single roster slot if that's your thinking.

Job #22: Submit a new Announcer!
Seems as we only have one right now, it'll be a good idea to have an all new one to join the team - but who will it be? Bear in mind that once again, this character won't be able to be playable, but you can submit pretty much any SEGA character if you like - go wild!

Wellll, I hope you all have fun! Sorry that I've not been around, but I'll try and keep this on a bit of a better schedule from now on. Be sure to wrap yourself up as the nights draw in and the air grows cold, and keep safe out there. See y'all soon!

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Job 19:

I'm submitting Snow Valley, one of the survival/battle courses from Sonic Riders. I'm surprised we didn't get much representation for the Riders series in the All-Stars Racing duology. Layout-wise, it's mostly the same, except the pit stops and invincibility cloak are gone and, to make things more chaotic, the Egg Snowmen appear more frequently.

Edit: Oops. Just ignore this, the post above wasn't here when I wrote this.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Job 19:

I'm submitting Snow Valley, one of the survival/battle courses from Sonic Riders. I'm surprised we didn't get much representation for the Riders series. Layout-wise, it's mostly the same, except the pit stops and invincibility cloak are gone and, to make things more chaotic, the Egg Snowmen appear more frequently.

Edit: Oops. Just ignore this, the post above wasn't here when I wrote this.
Don't sweat it! I'll toss this into the pot too, it's a really cool one to see, and it may as well be added! :D

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Job 20:
Ignore this. I didn't read through the first few posts and was unaware that Opa-Opa was already in.

Job 21:

Well, since I submitted a Riders battle course, I'll submit Jet the Hawk as a newcomer for the Sonic series. I think it would be fitting to have a character from a racing game, and one with a unique gameplay style, make it in, even if he isn't a mainstay for the series. It's kinda sad that the Riders series died after Free Riders.

His vehicle can be pretty much any of the selectable ones from the Riders trilogy, given the wide array offered to players. I'm not sure what his All-Star Move would be exactly, but it'd involve Wave and Storm in some way.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Job #20: returning character: Alex Kidd

Alex-Kidd.png

Of course I gotta submit my favourite Sega boy. Look at him. He's adorable!

Alex has a whole heap of vehicles open to him, but I think his default should be his Sukopako Motorcycle as it's the most well known overall, with the Pedicopter maybe coming out for his All-Star move similar to the first game.

Interestingly as of Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX he now has a motorcycle, a pedicopter, a speedboat and a biplane.

Alex-Vehicles.png

For Alex's All-Star move we could go either for the traditional Pedicopter All-Star of the first game or the giant JANKENPON fists of Transformed. Heck, we could even bring forth Superstars Tennis' reference to Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle and start having him drop weights on people as he beats them at Janken games on the back of his bike.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Job #18: Speed Shoes

Job #20: AiAi (Super Monkey Ball)

1638986713487.png

Super Monkey Ball is practically a flagship franchise for SEGA, AiAi himself is pretty popular and was used almost as much as Sonic in the marketing of the previous games. I think he makes perfect sense as a veteran.

Also, monke cute

Job #21: Big the Cat (Sonic the Hedgehog)
1638986934602.png

Another veteran but Sonic usually lacks heavyweight characters other than Dr. Eggman so, from a gameplay perspective, I think Big would be a reasonable addition.

Job 18 Vote:
Speed Shoes. (I really want IDA in Game as Shell counterpart)

Job 21:
Dr. Eggman

Dr. Eggman appeared in both 2 previous games and he could retain his Egg Monster.

JOB 20:
NiGHTS (NiGHTS)

NiGHTS is main Protagonist of NiGHTS series on Sega Saturn. He/She is Nightmaren, who likes to go to children's dreams to visit them. He/She is one of SEGA's Iconic character and and he/she was Created by Naoto, who created Sonic.

He/She could bring her Vehicle back to the Game again from previous entries.

Job 22:
Takenobu Mitsuyoshi

Takenobu Mistuyoshi is Real person, Phantasy Star Online Creator and he could be Announcer of New Sonic & SEGA Allstars Racing game due to his Vocal skills for announcer.
He could speak in English, but with Japanese Accent (Example: Sonic - Sonikku).

Last edited:

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Announcer submission: Sega Choir
Everything they announce, they actually sing in a similar cadence to the jingle! It gets annoying quick... which adds to the fun!
Job 22:
Sega Logo Scream
My announcer submission, as Wario Wario Wario proposed the original Sega choir, is the guy who screams "SEGA!" at the start of Sonic 3D Blast. I think he would be a funny addition, considering his out of place nature and hearing him scream character names.

Last edited:
Job 22:
Sega Logo Scream
My announcer submission, as Wario Wario Wario proposed the original Sega choir, is the guy who screams "SEGA!" at the start of Sonic 3D Blast. I think he would be a funny addition, considering his out of place nature and hearing him scream character names.
Bro, Opa-Opa's Already in the Game as character.
You can pick someone as Returning character.

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Bro, Opa-Opa's Already in the Game as character.
You can pick someone as Returning character.
Shoot, I didn't notice. Thanks for pointing that out!

Alright, I'll submit Robo and Mobo, the Bonanza Bros., instead to represent another early, well-received Sega game and to have a two-in-one racer playable.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Job 21:

Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Eggman and Shadow are all really good choices, but I'm in the mood to submit something a little less traditional:

Chaos and Tikal
Chaos-and-Tikal.png

This duo were super important in Sonic Adventure, and were last (canonically) seen disappearing together having had their souls live side by side inside the Master Emerald for eons.

For this new Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing title, Chaos pulls a 'NiGHTS' and becomes a monsterous living car itself, whilst Tikal becomes the driving force of the duo. Although she's usually a pacifist, she is often seen as a speedy character in the games she does appear in.

For their All-Star move I'm imagining a similar sort of ability to the Piranha Plant item in Mario Kart where Chaos grows tendrils out of the car and ferociously attacks drivers in front of him. Likely also grows more monsterous, whilst Tikal would become her soul form.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Job #22:
Shenhua Ling
Shenhua Ling.png

When I think vocals and Sega, one of the first things that come to my mind is Shenmue.

Truly we could use ANY Shenmue character because the voice acting is just that weird and unnatural, but Shenhua is an important enough character and acted somewhat as a disembodied voice in the first Shenmue talking of a legend in the opening and having a speaking role in the passport.

Here is the latest Shenhua voice acting to give you a taste of...well what Shenmue's voice acting is like:

It's rather different from DJ Professor K's enthusiastic DJing.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Quick question for later down the line: if I wanted to submit Flicky, would I be able to submit her in a Sonic job?
I'd say so. Whilst Flicky originated from a seperate title, I think it makes sense that she's basically a Sonic character by now given her number of appearances and the like. Like, I wouldn't consider Sonic a Rad Racer character LMAO

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
I'd say so. Whilst Flicky originated from a seperate title, I think it makes sense that she's basically a Sonic character by now given her number of appearances and the like. Like, I wouldn't consider Sonic a Rad Racer character LMAO
Honestly I wouldn't really equate these two cases. Sonic's appearance in Rad Mobile was just a cameo, whereas Flicky was the star of her own game. I think you make a fair point overall, but I also think these two are pretty different situations

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
Veteran Racer submission: Gilius Thunderhead (Golden Axe)
1639039791061.png

Just like in Racing Transformed, Gilius will drive an ox-shaped bronze statue. To be honest, I don't know what his All-Star ability will be though...I was going to submit Lightning Magic but I just noticed that's already been added as a regular item, so...

Sonic Racer submission: Amy Rose
1639039838794.png

Amy will continue to drive her iconic Pink Cabriolet, which she used in both previous games as well as in Team Sonic Racing and the Archie and IDW comics. Contrary to my initial belief, it's not the same car she drove in Sonic R, but I guess it doesn't really matter... obviously, her All-Star move will be her Piko Piko Hammer. She'll carry it as she drives for a short period and crack the skulls of anyone she gets close to.

Last edited:

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Looks like it's re-submitting time.
Job #22: New Announcer - Jake Paterson (SEGA Race TV - 2008)

SEGA Race TV is an arcade racing game which was developed by MA Plus for SEGA Lindbergh arcade hardware in 2008, notable for being Yu Suzuki's last game during his time at SEGA before leaving. The game consists of over-the-top racing with nine characters, their own customizable licensed cars that can be obtained through passwords, five different courses that include traps/obstacles and real-time commentary by Mike and Jake Patterson, who we're focusing on for this prompt. He also drives the Mercury 1949 Convertible when picked up as a playable character, and look at those goddamn dancing skills with that encouraging, loud-voiced macho-like passion in the game's attract mode, with his voice clips recycled straight from SEGA Race TV and new ones recorded by whoever did his voice in it.

I think all of this is enough to tell the "announcer" side of my post out, Internet didn't give me enough text to describe Jake himself.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Job 20:

Ryo Hazuki
The main character of Shenmue. Ryo was in both of the previous all star racing games, with a lot of fan outcry about being left out of the base game of Transformed leading to him being added as DLC to the PC version. He has multiple vehicle options, including the iconic fork lift.

Job 21:

Knuckles

It's Knuckles. What can you say. An iconic and popular character who's set to make his big screen debut next year.

Job 23:

Haruka Sawamura
A main character from the Yazuka series, she's arguably one of the most important characters in the whole saga. She is first met in the original game as a young girl who Kazuma saves, and grows up through the series. Being seen as an idol in 5. She would announce in a bubbly way.

Last edited by a moderator:

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Job #20: Beat (Jet Set Radio)

D53F410A-ED32-49FB-8612-3E209821AB86.png

Beat is one of the main player characters in Jet Set Radio. He’s a member of the GGs, a gang of young rebels who skate around Tokyo and spray graffiti wherever they can.

Let’s be real, there’s no reason not to bring Beat back for this game. Not only does JSR have a massive cult following, Beat has also had perfect attendance for every major Sega crossover since Superstar Tennis.

Job #21: Blaze the Cat

96F5EFB6-1FEB-4D17-8819-82D328EB3634.png

Making her debut in Sonic Rush, Blaze is a princess from the Sol Dimension whose duty is to protect the Sol Emeralds. After some interdimensional shenanigans, Blaze ends up in Sonic’s world and initially views him as a rival, but after learning to open up to others and teaming up with him to save the say, she starts to view him as a friend and will freely travel between dimensions to visit him.

Truth be told, the main reason I’m submitting Blaze is because I like her and she’s cool. It might be a bit confusing having two Blazes on our roster, but I think we could easily fix that by just showing their full names. As for vehicles, she could ride her vehicle from Team Sonic Racing, and her All-Star Move could have her use the Sol Emeralds to turn into Burning Blaze.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Hey all! We're back here again with some jobs - and a really cool set of submissions this time around!

First up let's get it out of the way - the Item making its way into this game will be the Speed Shoes submitted by Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario !

Now, for the new votes, starting with Job #20:

ChuChus, submitted by Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
Alex Kidd, submitted by YoshiandToad YoshiandToad
AiAi, submitted by osby osby
NiGHTS, submitted by Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds
Robo and Mobo, submitted by Butters Stotch Butters Stotch
Gilius Thunderhead, submitted by Torgo the Bear Torgo the Bear
Ryo Hazuki, submitted by @Darkonedagger
Beat, submitted by OrpheusTelos OrpheusTelos

For this, vote for your top three - but your own can only be in second or third. This vote will be weighted, and we're gonna add the top three!

For Job #21, we have:

Jet the Hawk, submitted by Butters Stotch Butters Stotch
Miles "Tails" Prower the Fox, submitted by Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
Big the Cat, submitted by osby osby
Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik, submitted by Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds
Chaos and Tikal, submitted by YoshiandToad YoshiandToad
Amy Rose, submitted by Torgo the Bear Torgo the Bear
Knuckles the Echidna, submitted by @Darkonedagger
Blaze the Cat, submitted by OrpheusTelos OrpheusTelos

Same rules as the last job. I think that it's worth adding three Sonic characters here anyways.

And, for Job #22,

SEGA Choir, submitted by Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
Takenobu Mitsuyoshi, submitted by Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds
SEGA Logo Scream, submitted by Butters Stotch Butters Stotch
Shenhua Ling, submitted by YoshiandToad YoshiandToad
Jake Paterson, resubmitted by tonygameman tonygameman
Haruka Sawamura, submitted by @Darkonedagger

Same rules again! In this case, we'll accept the top two.

Job #23: Submit a track and three Cassettes for the Phantasy Star series!
It's the only series we have right now that like, doesn't have a track yet. It makes sense to add one. Feel free to get creative!

Job #24: Submit 5 Bonus Cassettes for either the Streets of Rage or Crazy Taxi series!
Likewise, this is basically filling the menu out. Try and come up with cool alternative choices if you like - as well as popular ones!

Job #25: Submit a new Flagman!
As with the last job, the Flagman won't be able to be playable, but there can be more than one if you like!

Anyways... thank you all for being around! Keep safe, and have fun!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
  1. Bonanza Bros.
  2. ChuChus
  3. AiAi

1. Knuckles
  2. Tails
  3. Eggman

1. Scream
  2. Choir
  3. Jake Patterson
Flag(wo)man submission
Madonna (art by ComicaDreams)

The prototypical girlfriend for Sonic. She would be based on her original design instead of the Archie cop version, but she would also bare more realistic proportions than the original concept art.

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
20:
  1. Bonanza Bros.
  2. Alex Kidd
  3. AiAi
21:
  1. Large Egg
  2. Amy
  3. Tails
22:
  1. Choir
  2. Haruka
  3. Jake
24:
Flicky
1639197775904.png

Star of an arcade classic predating Sonic, and later becoming Sonic's most iconic animal friend (found inside badniks in most classic games), Flicky would make a fun flagman as he could fly around with the big flag in his beak kind of like how he held the nets in his game's bonus levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom