• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A New DLC Stage Approaches: Super Mario Maker!

The newly released game, Super Mario Maker, will be coming to Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U as a DLC stage! This new DLC stage was revealed spontaneously on Nintendo's YouTube channel at 6:00 PM PDT.

The concept and design will take inspiration directly from Super Mario Maker. At the beginning of each match, the "hand" will appear and begin to create a stage built with the elements from Super Mario Maker on one of the game's four unique game styles. If players happen to break any blocks, the hand will fix them. The stage layout changes every time you play, so no two games are the same!

The Super Mario Maker stage will be coming to both Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. The stage will be released on September 30th, 2015. It will cost $2.49 to purchase it individually for the either the 3DS or Wii U, or $3.49 to purchase it on both systems.

To see the stage in action, check out the official trailer!

Pokemon64ism is very excited for the Super Mario Maker stage. You can follow him on Twitter @Pokemon64ism.

Last edited:

Comments

Out of the blue, here comes a new stage! The Pyrosphere from Metroid: Other M! Super Mario Maker!

I mean, obviously it looks to be banned competitively, due to things like lava suddenly appearing or blocks reappearing to interfere with recovery, but for a neat little for-fun type stage with friends it looks pretty solid.

Plus, Super Mario Maker is hype.

FINALLY WE GOT SOMETHING THAT WASN'T LEAKED.

Real talk... This is the 8th Mario stage on the WiiU. And the 2nd DLC Mario stage.

As cool as it looks, I can't help but wish we got something from a different franchise.

BUT STILL, I'm going to buy it and play it a lot nonetheless!

Last edited:
Yay! FOR ONCE, no leaks on this. I'm impressed. Nice to see it came out of nowhere. Looks super fun!

This looks like a lot of fun! I wonder what Omega Super Mario Maker is going to look like. Maybe it'll have the same physical shape, but with different graphics each time?

I hope this stage isn't offline-only like Miiverse. I never play on Miiverse because of that. :(

Very glad to see new levels instead of ports or character specific levels. Though I honk we have an over-saturation of Mario stages. We need more LoZ, Metroid, Pokemanz, Star Fox, and Yoshi stages. Or maybe even a Splatoon stage.

Regardless, this is very cool. Too bad my Wii U doesn't read my disc anymore and I sold my 3DS/Smash 3DS...

Last edited:
I wonder how many people will actually pay for this, especially if it's just the stages?
I doubt any TOs will find themselves being forced to buy this any time soon, and I'm not sure how much this will even appeal enough to most casual players to be worth $3.50.
well worth it if its 5+ different stages in one

Guess the next DLC drop wouldn't be right when the poll closes like we thought. I can see more stuff being announced bit by bit up until the 30th.

Not even gonna lie, when Mario came in with the dash attack, that was hype as ****.

"Hmm, Mario isn't here"

"There he is!"

*Zooms in on dash attack*

"WHAT THE ****?!"

Last edited:

The newly released game, Super Mario Maker, will be coming to Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U as a DLC stage! This new DLC stage was revealed spontaneously on Nintendo's YouTube channel at 6:00 PM PDT.

The concept and design will take inspiration directly from Super Mario Maker. At the beginning of each match, the "hand" will appear and begin to create a stage built with the elements from Super Mario Maker on one of the game's four unique game styles. If players happen to break any blocks, the hand will fix them. The stage layout changes every time you play, so no two games are the same!

The Super Mario Maker stage will be coming to both Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. The stage will be released on September 30th, 2015. It will cost $2.49 to purchase it individually for the either the 3DS or Wii U, or $3.49 to purchase it on both systems.

To see the stage in action, check out the official trailer!

Pokemon64ism is very excited for the Super Mario Maker stage. You can follow him on Twitter @Pokemon64ism.
yes

the way those stages are ordered, implies there's gonna be at least one more st--

I feel some other stages got slighted just to combine the hype of two big sellers. The fans were kind of crapped on here. How long have we waited for more than just Brinstar from Metroid? Some rep for tales of symphonia? ANYTHING Castlevania? I think it's Nintendo aiming for the money rather than the loyalty.

...but it is a really frieking cool idea.

Wow, this was a very nice surprise! I like how the stage is going to be release on the 30th of this month, seeing how it is the 30th anniversary of Mario.

Looks like a fun "for fun" stage, but besides that, it's stupid. Love mario maker, but it's wayyyy to young of a game to already be included into smash. Just imo.
And why should it matter if the game is "too young"? Where there is potential the opportunity to use it should be taken. It is a stage different from what we've been seen before with a unique feature and it looks pretty fun so it's good to have the opportunity to obtain it now rather than waiting 6-7 years for the next Smash game where it might or might not be incorporated.

I feel some other stages got slighted just to combine the hype of two big sellers. The fans were kind of crapped on here. How long have we waited for more than just Brinstar from Metroid? Some rep for tales of symphonia? ANYTHING Castlevania? I think it's Nintendo aiming for the money rather than the loyalty.

...but it is a really frieking cool idea.
Wait, Nintendo, a business company making content to sell... for money!? Unthinkable!
In all seriousness though, I don't know why you are being an insufferable cynic in this regard, you see this as fans getting "crapped on" because it wasn't specifically what you were asking for? cough*entitlement*cough. It is true that a lot of people have their own personal wishlist when it comes to Smash but it is unreasonable to expect Nintendo to live up to every single one of them; and it definitely shouldn't stop them from delivering their own content such as this for the sake of expanding a game's stage selection.

How long have we waited for more than just Brinstar from Metroid
Norfair, Frigate Orpheon and Pyrosphere.
Some rep for tales of symphonia? ANYTHING Castlevania? I think it's Nintendo aiming for the money rather than the loyalty.
*sigh*
Another self-entitled and clueless soul. You have no idea how difficult is to get a third party in your game; meetings, paperwork, people you have to go through, etc. So getting in something like content from Castlevania is a tall order considering that the matter is not as simple as merely asking Konami if they can use their characters.
Ignoring this factors and the effort that was put into bringing four third-party fighters while saying that Nintendo is dissing the fans just makes you sound spoiled and uninformed in this regard.

Last edited:
Top Bottom