• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A New DLC Stage Approaches: Super Mario Maker!

The newly released game, Super Mario Maker, will be coming to Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U as a DLC stage! This new DLC stage was revealed spontaneously on Nintendo's YouTube channel at 6:00 PM PDT.

The concept and design will take inspiration directly from Super Mario Maker. At the beginning of each match, the "hand" will appear and begin to create a stage built with the elements from Super Mario Maker on one of the game's four unique game styles. If players happen to break any blocks, the hand will fix them. The stage layout changes every time you play, so no two games are the same!

The Super Mario Maker stage will be coming to both Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. The stage will be released on September 30th, 2015. It will cost $2.49 to purchase it individually for the either the 3DS or Wii U, or $3.49 to purchase it on both systems.

To see the stage in action, check out the official trailer!

Pokemon64ism is very excited for the Super Mario Maker stage. You can follow him on Twitter @Pokemon64ism.

Last edited:

Comments

And that's not getting into how stupid it would be having a competitive stage that's different every time. Imagine counter picking to Super Mario Maker hoping for a favorable layout only to get one bad for your character.
That guy has a point. Even if the powers that be determine it's tournament legal, no one would ever pick it over a stage they know will work in their favor. I feel like every other argument for or against its legality is moot.

Why are people discussing if it should be legal? It's obviously a stage to mess around with friends a la Temple. I mean, even if for some weird reason they legalize it and let players retry the stage until a neutral layout comes up, TO's in tourneys already have problem keeping up with schedules etc, etc.

All in all, It's a for fun stage and I absolutely love the idea. But unless we manage to control it's coding or something at some point it just ain't happening for tourney viability.

Last edited:
Ooo! Maybe this DLC will come with Mii Costumes for Wolf, Snake, Ice Climbers, Shovel Knight, Shantae, Tails, Knuckles and Paper Mario!

We ALL want more Mii Costumes!!!!!

I am not nearly as unappreciative as I sound, I swear. I LOVE the DLC that has been added so far... I'm just hoping not to see more fan's dreams crushed by a mii costume in place of a character. :)

This stage looks amazingly fun. I'm looking forward also to the music that will come along with it.

yeah, that "no character/ stage from recent franchise" rule died with Shulk dood, anything can get in now.

And even if not, I would think the game made for the 30th anniversary of Super freaking Mario Bros. would be the exception.
Actually, that "rule" died with Roy in Melee.

The newly released game, Super Mario Maker, will be coming to Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U as a DLC stage! This new DLC stage was revealed spontaneously on Nintendo's YouTube channel at 6:00 PM PDT.

The concept and design will take inspiration directly from Super Mario Maker. At the beginning of each match, the "hand" will appear and begin to create a stage built with the elements from Super Mario Maker on one of the game's four unique game styles. If players happen to break any blocks, the hand will fix them. The stage layout changes every time you play, so no two games are the same!

The Super Mario Maker stage will be coming to both Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. The stage will be released on September 30th, 2015. It will cost $2.49 to purchase it individually for the either the 3DS or Wii U, or $3.49 to purchase it on both systems.

Pokemon64ism is very excited for the Super Mario Maker stage. You can follow him on Twitter @Pokemon64ism.[/quot

Pokemon64ism is very excited for the Super Mario Maker stage. You can follow him on Twitter @Pokemon64ism.

If another Mario clone like Paper Mario or Construction Mario get confirmed then Sakurai will lose cookie points in my book. Just saiyan.

Other than that, the stage looks great. Very good idea Sakurai-dono.

Top Bottom