• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A list of every move that ground locks

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
If I have nothing to do tonight, I'll help you with them.
I would really like it.
Start at the bottom of the list if you do help. That way we aren't testing what the other has already tested.

The easiest way to figure out percentage is to see if they slide.Attack a person and raise their damage until they do a little flip. Than lower it back to where they slide and put them into a tumble (usually U-Throw).
The rest you should know.

ps Only test on Mario.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
:pikachu:
jab
f-tilt
d-tilt
Dash Attack
Nair
Dair
Thunder Jolt
Quick Attack
Skull Bash

This is wrong...

Its QA, D-tilt, Jab, T-jolt, and nair (weak). THe other ones don't work...

PZ

Smash Lord
jab
f-tilt
d-tilt
Dash Attack
Nair
Dair
Thunder Jolt
Quick Attack
Skull Bash

This is wrong...

dash attack n skullbash im unsure and down angled ftilt jab locks n the rest u say also jab locks
I'm pretty sure Yoshi's jab locks.
No it doesnt it pops them up a little.

saviorslegacy

jab
f-tilt
d-tilt
Dash Attack
Nair
Dair
Thunder Jolt
Quick Attack
Skull Bash

This is wrong...

You are wrong.

:pikachu2:
jab
(0% - 999%)

f-tilt
(0% - 25%)

d-tilt
(0% - 30%)

Dash Attack
(0% - 8%)

Nair
*strong* (0% - 8%)
*weak* (0% - 32%

Dair
(0% - 20%)

Thunder Jolt
*grounded* (0% - 138%)

Quick Attack
(0% - 999%)

Skull Bash
(0% - 3%)
Hahah...There's no way Ivysaur's F-Smash locks anyone.
You are also wrong.

:002:
FSmash
(0% - 1%)

DSmash
(0% - 5%)

I'm working on this list in the smash lab. So it will be done sometime soon. I copy and pasted what I have done in there over to here.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Weak hit of Oli's d-air "locks." 100% sure.

And if his f-air locks (I don't know, but you've got it listed) then surely his b-air does it too.

saviorslegacy

Weak hit of Oli's d-air "locks." 100% sure.

And if his f-air locks (I don't know, but you've got it listed) then surely his b-air does it too.
I HATE OLI!
You see, white Pikmin make almost everything lock! Each Pikmin changes the percents of when a move lock and what moves lock. In other words..... it's like testing 5 characters.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
@Savior - The game has above 999, it just doesn't display it. So 0-999 is WRONG Bwahahahahaha

Judo777

Smash Master
I am positive that ganons jab CAN lock it just as to be sourspotted. Its main hitbox is electric and knocks them out. However if you hit them with the closer hitbox it can. Ganons can flame choke on certain slants and jab lock with the sour spot into an fsmash.

also i think you should post that it is grounded chain that locks and not sh chain.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
^ Yeah, I was going to say, sour-spot near the shoulder. It's hard to hit with at all. Also, don't these percents depend on the character you're testing against? And you don't really have to put the range, 0-X%, just put the cap, X%, since it will obviously work at lower percents than that.

saviorslegacy

I tested on Mario, Lucario and Ivysuar. If I done it for all 39 characters with all 39 characters I would be the very upset person.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Ness' Bair lock I think is supposed to be sour spotted.
Also, his F-tilt angled up I don't think works, but down and normal yes.

I'm pretty sure this is right, anyways.

tekkie

Smash Master
wait wolf's bair? and dtilt? what? what kind of jab lock are you talking about bair and dtilt have plenty of knockback

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
This might be the most useless thing in the world (actually I know it is), but ZSS' second jab forces a get up and is longer range than her first jab(and thus can "lock," if you are some kind of tech/spacing/timing god). Her other jabs can't.

By the way, almost everything said during the course of this thread was wrong, IIRC. Jab Locks, Laser Locks, and other locks that take advantage of get-up frames are named for their specific moves, but many other "locks" of this type have other names like Zero Stepping (The name for ZSS' get-up lock that we never use, shown here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Hbf9Zcx4ME). The name "Dash Attack Cancelled Up Smash" is actually very wrong, because you aren't cancelling an up smash with a dash attack, you're doing it the other way; the name should actually be Up Smash Cancelled Dash Attack, since you are actually performing a dash attack and cancelling it with an up smash.

But most importantly, moves only lock when they don't have a knockback angle that exceeds a certain number. For instance, using ZSS as an example (I know her moves pretty well, sorry) jab 1 can't force get-up but jab 2 can because jab 2 pushes the opponent back into the ground, whereas jab 1 has a healthy angle on it that forces them into the air.

Can't jab lock:
High enough base KB, regardless of other factors
Low base KB, High KB angle

Can jab lock:
Low base KB, low KB angle (low percents)
Low base KB, low KB angle, no KB growth (always)

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
DACUS stands for Dash Attack Cancelling Up Smash :lick: (ignorant people just say cancelled though :mad:)

SuperSqank

Smash Rookie
Concerning Ganon, did you test the fail part of Jab, where he hits them with his shoulder and only does 5%? And did you test the 5% part of the second kick of his Nair? Also, Uair (sourspot) is an inaccurate description. For the first half of the move, it has a 13% hit and a 12% hit. For the second half (the part you refer to), it has a 6% hit (his foot) and 8% (the rest of his body). So instead of sourspot, just put the late part or something. This is a very petty complaint, but whatever. >_>

:034:
I know I'm very late on this but Ganon's jab can lock. You have to hit the sweetspot of his jab which is at the tip of his hand which deals 9%. The downside is that it only works at extremely low%s. It works until 2% on Puff and until 6% on Bowser (the % range of a lock depends on the opponent's weight). Speaking of Ganon, his bair can also lock but it only works at 0% on characters who are heavier than Ike (It also works at 1% on Bowser only).

Last edited:
Top Bottom