• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A list of every move that ground locks

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
This is a list of every move that jab locks in this game.

:mario2:
jab (first hit)
(0% - 999%

f-tilt
(0% - 40%)

Nair
(0% - 15%)
(*weak* 0% - 64%)

Bair
*strong* (0% - 22%)
*weak* (0% - 54%)

Fire Ball
(0% - 200+%)

:luigi2:
f-tilt
(0% - 37%)

Dash Attack
(0% - 200+%)

Fair
(0% - 12%)

Bair
*strong*(0% - 18%)
*weak* (0% - 30%)

Fire Ball
(0% - 200+%)

Missile (uncharged)
(0% - 59%)

:peach:
Dash Attack (first hit) lol
(0% - 200+%)

Nair
*strong* (0% - 11%)
*weak* (0% - 39%)

Bair
*strong* (0% - 3%)
*weak hit* (0% - 76%)

:bowser2:
d-tilt
(only at 0%)

Nair
*weak* (0% - 23%)

:dk2:
jab
f-tilt
d-tilt
Nair
Bair (sour spot)
Giant Punch (uncharged)

:diddy:
f-tilt
Fair
Bair
Peanut Popgun (uncharged)
Monkey Flip

:yoshi2:
Dash Attack (weak hit)
Nair
Fair
LOL, Swallow doesn't even hit them. It goes through them.

:wario:
Nair (weak nit)
Fair
Wheel (both of them) (from the Bike)
Bite= same as Yoshi lol

:link2:
jab (first hit)
f-tilt
Nair
Fair
Arrow

:zelda:
jab
Fair
Bair

:sheik:
Nair
*strong* (0% - 26%)
*weak* (0% - 80%)

Bair
*strong* (0% - 35%)
*weak* (0% - 68%)

Needle Storm
(0% - 900%)

Chain
(0% - 630%)

:ganondorf:
Uair (sour spot)
(0% - 85%)

Nair (second hit)
(0% - 21%)

:toonlink:
d-tilt
Dash Attack
Arrow

:samus2:
jab (both)
f-tilt
Nair
Missile (the little ones)
Bombs
Charge Shot (uncharged) lol

:zerosuitsamus:
f-tilt
Dash Attack
Fair
Stun Gun

:pit:
f-tilt
Fair

:popo: and the other guy
Nair
Ice Block

:rob:
f-tilt
d-tilt
Fair

:kirby2:
jab
f-tilt
d-tilt
Nair

:metaknight:
jab
f-tilt (the first 2 hits)
d-tilt
Nair (weak hit)

:dedede:
jab (first hit)
d-tilt
Bair
Fair
Jet Hammer (uncharged)
on a side note: Inhale makes them slide behind you

:olimar:
jab (both hits)
f-tilt
Fair
FSmash (white Pikmin)

:fox:
f-tilt
Nair

:falco:
f-tilt
Fair (first 3 hits)
Bair (weak hit)
Dair (weak hit)
Blaster
Fire Bird
Shine

:wolf:
d-tilt
Nair (weak hit)
Bair

:falcon:
f-tilt
Fair
Bair
Uair

:pikachu2:
jab
(0% - 999%)

f-tilt
(0% - 25%)

d-tilt
(0% - 30%)

Dash Attack
(0% - 8%)

Nair
*strong* (0% - 8%)
*weak* (0% - 32%

Dair
(0% - 20%)

Thunder Jolt
*grounded* (0% - 138%)

Quick Attack
(0% - 999%)

Skull Bash
(0% - 3%)

:pt:
He is just the spectator.

:007:
jab (first 2 hits)
f-tilt
FSmash
Nair
Bair

:002:
FSmash
(0% - 1%)

DSmash
(0% - 5%)

:006:
jab (first hit)
f-tilt
Nair
Bair (weak hit)

:lucario:
Nair
Bair
Aura Sphere (uncharged)

:jigglypuff:
jab (both hits)
f-tilt
Dash Attack
Nair
Nair
Bair

:marth:
jab (both hits)
(0% - 140%)

f-tilt
(0% - 23%)

Fair
(0% - 2%)

Bair
(0% - 8%)

Shield Breaker
(0% - 9%)

:ike:
Fair
(0% - 7%)

:ness2:
jab (first hit)
f-tilt
d-tilt (lol)
Dash Attack (first 2 hits)
Nair
Fair
Bair

:lucas:
f-tilt
d-tilt
Fair
Bair

:gw:
Fair
Judgment Hammer (2 and 7)

:snake:
jab

:sonic:
jab (all hits)
Nair
Bair
Spring

OMG! IT IS FINALLY DONE!!!!!!!!!!!

ps I'll list percents later......

saviorslegacy

Good work so far. I commend you on undertaking such a project.
Well, I have a thread that needs finished that lists every jab lock/footstool combo.
A thread with info on the platform fall stuff.
A video
(and) this
When I finish I will basically be an expert on all things jab lock and footstool. lol

I am just dreading finishing this post since I have to test percents. I plan on breaking it down and getting one character done a day (unless I feel like doing more).

ps If anyone is willing to help I would love you.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Can't Ganon's "jab" jab lock? Though at high percents the opponents gets too far to react to it.

saviorslegacy

Can't Ganon's "jab" jab lock? Though at high percents the opponents gets too far to react to it.
I am positive that it doesn't.
Any attacks that make some leave the ground does not jab lock. If a move makes some slide however, then it can be jab locked.
Ganon makes them leave the ground.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
MK
Jab
Ftilt: First 2 hits
Dtilt
Sourspot nair

IDK what else. Maybe fair and bair unfinished?
keep up the awesome.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
LOL that sounds awesome. I'll play with that.
Regardless, it is 100% not legit. Bair can be SDI'd easier than a lot of things. You can get out. Regardless, good ****. This will at least be kind of a lock.

saviorslegacy

LOL that sounds awesome. I'll play with that.
Regardless, it is 100% not legit. Bair can be SDI'd easier than a lot of things. You can get out. Regardless, good ****. This will at least be kind of a lock.
I would rather it be complete fuey that cause's MK to die very quickly......

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'd like a general list of percentages for moves. I'm pretty sure Link's F-Tilt wouldn't lock people for very long.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Kirby's ftilt would knock the opponent too far after a set %, it's a spacing move.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
:olimar:
jab (both hits)
f-tilt
Fair
FSmash (white Pikmin)
This is wrong.

The second hit of his jab will not continue the locked state of his opponent, and I'm about 95% sure ftilt and fair won't at any percent.

The white fsmash is right though. :p

Are you testing this on human players or what?

edit: they might continue a lock at 0%, but they're definitely not infinite.

saviorslegacy

This is wrong.

The second hit of his jab will not continue the locked state of his opponent, and I'm about 95% sure ftilt and fair won't at any percent.

The white fsmash is right though. :p

Are you testing this on human players or what?

edit: they might continue a lock at 0%, but they're definitely not infinite.
It is correct. You cannot mistake a jab lock.

Some of the jab locks listed in this thread only work at 0 or close to it.

ps The only jab locks that are infinite are stander jabs and even out of that there is only like 1/3 or less that doesn't gain in power.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
It is correct. You cannot mistake a jab lock.

Some of the jab locks listed in this thread only work at 0 or close to it.

ps The only jab locks that are infinite are stander jabs and even out of that there is only like 1/3 or less that doesn't gain in power.
I meant "infinite" as in "it works at any percent."

Olimar's second jab will NOT continue the locked state of an opponent past whatever percent close to 0 you found.

His first jab will work at any percent, and so will the sourspot of his dair.

Ugg

Smash Champion
I would rather refer to it as a move that forces a get-up, rather than referring to them all as a jab lock, since not all of them are jabs.

Just quickly skimmed the list, and Snake's jab forces a get-up. I'm also 90% sure that a down-tilted Ike FTilt at lowish percentages does, aswell.

You should also list that certain FTilts only force a get-up if they're tilted downwards (Falco, etc.) and certain moves only force a get-up if they're hit with a sourspot (Diddy's FAir, etc.) But I'm sure you'll get around to it. Good list.

TP

Smash Master
Concerning Ganon, did you test the fail part of Jab, where he hits them with his shoulder and only does 5%? And did you test the 5% part of the second kick of his Nair? Also, Uair (sourspot) is an inaccurate description. For the first half of the move, it has a 13% hit and a 12% hit. For the second half (the part you refer to), it has a 6% hit (his foot) and 8% (the rest of his body). So instead of sourspot, just put the late part or something. This is a very petty complaint, but whatever. >_>

:034:

saviorslegacy

Great work, this is exactly what I was looking for.
Glad to help! :bee:
I meant "infinite" as in "it works at any percent."

Olimar's second jab will NOT continue the locked state of an opponent past whatever percent close to 0 you found.

His first jab will work at any percent, and so will the sourspot of his dair.
There are like 5 moves that jab lock at all percents.

Yes it does. Go into training, make Mario tumble in the air, hit start and hit him with both jabs. You will hit him on the force get up frame and he will slide away and stand up.
nice work.
ty
I would rather refer to it as a move that forces a get-up, rather than referring to them all as a jab lock, since not all of them are jabs.

Just quickly skimmed the list, and Snake's jab forces a get-up. I'm also 90% sure that a down-tilted Ike FTilt at lowish percentages does, aswell.

You should also list that certain FTilts only force a get-up if they're tilted downwards (Falco, etc.) and certain moves only force a get-up if they're hit with a sourspot (Diddy's FAir, etc.) But I'm sure you'll get around to it. Good list.
Technically every jab lock can force a get up. There is no magical list of special jabs. You either need to hit them on a special frame or hit them with a powerful move that jab locks (like CF's Bair).

Oops, my bad. I was using the D-Throw to put them on the ground. Turns out for some reason this for some reason does not allow jab locks.

This probably adds more power (like Samus's FSmash) which is enough to force a get up. Good idea BTW.

Concerning Ganon, did you test the fail part of Jab, where he hits them with his shoulder and only does 5%? And did you test the 5% part of the second kick of his Nair? Also, Uair (sourspot) is an inaccurate description. For the first half of the move, it has a 13% hit and a 12% hit. For the second half (the part you refer to), it has a 6% hit (his foot) and 8% (the rest of his body). So instead of sourspot, just put the late part or something. This is a very petty complaint, but whatever. >_>

:034:
Just did, it fails at jab locking.
Ah hah, didn't think about testing that. The second hit of the Nair jab locks.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
You misunderstood Ugg.

He is saying to call it a "forced getup" rather then a jab lock - because not all of them are Jab's, and a Jab Lock actually refers to using a jab to keep someone in a lock. Similiar to a Laser Lock or an Ice Block Lock (Falco/IC's respectfully)

In which case - he is actually right in that aspect.

saviorslegacy

You misunderstood Ugg.

He is saying to call it a "forced getup" rather then a jab lock - because not all of them are Jab's, and a Jab Lock actually refers to using a jab to keep someone in a lock. Similiar to a Laser Lock or an Ice Block Lock (Falco/IC's respectfully)

In which case - he is actually right in that aspect.

But then calling it a force get up is wrong too since I can use over half of the moves that jab lock that are not jabs and not force a get up.

I say is should just be referred to as jab lock since that is what everyone knows it as.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
That first sentence made absolutely no sense.

Calling it a forced getup is wrong because you can use over half of the moves that jab lock that are not jabs and not force a getup?

Are you saying you "jab lock" with moves that aren't jab lock - but also don't force a getup?

Wouldn't that make them...escapable?

saviorslegacy

That first sentence made absolutely no sense.

Calling it a forced getup is wrong because you can use over half of the moves that jab lock that are not jabs and not force a getup?

Are you saying you "jab lock" with moves that aren't jab lock - but also don't force a getup?

Wouldn't that make them...escapable?
Oops, I got ahead of myself.

Calling it "force get up" is not legit. Because that name implies that when you perform this you make them stand, which is not true. I can use over half of the moves that jab lock and not force a get up unless I want to.
Calling it "jab lock" works since everyone knows what it is. If anything else it deserves a new name such as "Terra Lock" (terra meaning earth, aka the ground, so it would be called the ground lock... but cooler).

saviorslegacy

But if you don't force the getup, can't they... roll away?
No, they have some left over stun that allows you to follow up in most case's. I have seen where you go to follow up and they auto stand up for some reason. IDK why though, but I plan on finding out.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I have a slight knowledge of what causes people to immediately be reset to standing, rather than forced to perform a standing wakeup, but it's not quite comprehensive nor tested enough for me to publish.

I don't quite understand that other part you're referring to, though - I was under the impression that in Brawl, if you got hit by something while OTG, you're either locked, in which case your only option if not followed up on is a standing wakeup; or you're hit hard enough to no longer be OTG. Can you give me an example of an attack that actually allows rolling or attacking wakeup? I'd like to try it for myself.

saviorslegacy

I have a slight knowledge of what causes people to immediately be reset to standing, rather than forced to perform a standing wakeup, but it's not quite comprehensive nor tested enough for me to publish.

I don't quite understand that other part you're referring to, though - I was under the impression that in Brawl, if you got hit by something while OTG, you're either locked, in which case your only option if not followed up on is a standing wakeup; or you're hit hard enough to no longer be OTG. Can you give me an example of an attack that actually allows rolling or attacking wakeup? I'd like to try it for myself.
I have done testing and found what forces a wake up.

#1 It is a strong jab lock attack such a CF's Bair.

#2 There is a landing frame that cannot be teched (set Marth at 63%, use Fair and follow up with Needle Storm to see this frame). When someone is in this landing frame and you attack them it forces a get up. I showed all of this (I think) very clearly in this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5HA-pb6rnM
If you have anything to add please do.

What I meant is if you don't follow up quickly enough they can roll.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Ike's Fair locks?

That thing has way too much knockback to lock. Same with the rest of his moves. None of his moves have a "weak" hit on them like G&W's fair or Falcon's Bair. And he doesn't have anything that knocks the opponent at the right angle to lock.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
None of the moves you listed for Zelda can jab lock

For bair and fair, you can hit them once for the bounce animation, but the second time you trie the lock cant continue >.< And her jab reaches too high in some cases, and has too much knockback usually.

Top Bottom