• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A GENERIC TOURNAMENT 9000+: Melee, Brawl+, Jan 3rd, MAJOR UPDATE

zxeon

Smash Lord
Bleh, sorry this took so long to post. Place this file on your SD card in a folder called "codes" in the root directory.

Also, Smashboards doesn't allow me to upload GCT files apparently, so it's a DOC file. Rename it to .gct for it to work, lawl.
That's pretty resourceful lol.

4% APR

Smash Champion
This may have already been answered, but what happens to tethers without the auto sweet-spot?

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
They work fine. Also I think there are a couple moves that still do it because it would mess them up otherwise: Ness, Lucas, and Lucario I think.

BIG C

Smash Master
question about PT and RAWRizard code. If someone has to pick PT(pure) to be able to change pokemanz doesn;t that mean they have to start off with random or will you have some sort of announce what pokemanz you would like to start with before the match then they can change to that pokemanz?

zxeon

Smash Lord
question about PT and RAWRizard code. If someone has to pick PT(pure) to be able to change pokemanz doesn;t that mean they have to start off with random or will you have some sort of announce what pokemanz you would like to start with before the match then they can change to that pokemanz?
I think the code they are using is the one where to play an independent pokémon you select the pokémon beforehand on the character select screen and then you hold "R" and when the match starts you'll start as that pokémon and not PT. So, if you pick a pokémon you want to start as at the character select screen as long as you don't hold down the "R" button you'll start as PT with that pokémon in the lead.

KishPrime

BRoomer
Shrug. Or you can just keep restarting the match until you get the right one.

<_<

KishSquared

Smash Master
Yeah, I dunno about the R thing. It's not in the code we're using at least. We were just going to say that you should restart until you get the Pokemon you want. But I'm guessing this won't be a common problem :D

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
OK, I keep looking at the first post and I am confused... maybe I missed the small discussion on it, or maybe Prime forgot to put it in the first post, I don't know, but is Shadow Moses on or off? I kept hearing about it for this tournament but never got the final word...

BIG C

Smash Master
tink and cunning might still show up with Big D idk the whole deal yet i might not be coming because 1. space for other people and 2. i've been sick the last few days and still dont feel in the tippest of toppest.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
tink and cunning might still show up with Big D idk the whole deal yet i might not be coming because 1. space for other people and 2. i've been sick the last few days and still dont feel in the tippest of toppest.
Mega Johns.

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
Yeah, it looks like tink, Zjiin, and I won't be making this, unfortunately. Good luck to all who do make it out there, and I expect to see some footage of Brawl+ for curiosity's sake. heh

KishSquared

Smash Master
We've changed it to 9% hitstun, and we modified stale moves to be 3% subtractive reduction (105% base), so a fully stale move will be 78%. It was a somewhat arbitrary algorithm that we devised based on what we thought Melee might have been. We're also using ALC instead of SC, not sure if that was ever stated.

We do have a DVD recorder ready to go, and we're planning to use the infinite replay code to enable lots of saved replays for uploading ^_^

There are just over 15 people here, and Joshu and Iggy have yet to show, lawl. With the cancellation of COK and Tink/Big C/Cunning/Zjiin, we'll probably come in just under 20 people.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
**WATCH FOR FREQUENT UPDATES**

**UPDATE**
17 people total.

==BRAWL+ SINGLES==
UPDATED at 10:42PM

Pool 1
1. Iggy (4-0, 8-0)
2. Blood Hawk (3-1, 6-2)
3. KishPrime (2-2, 4-4)
4. fear4 (1-3, 2-7)
5. ice- (0-4, 1-8)

Pool 2
1. KishSquared (4-0, 8-0)
2. Kirkq (3-1, 6-3)
3. Joshu (2-2, 5-4)
4. TheBlueBlade (1-3, 2-7)
5. CrazyFoxBrawler (0-4, 1-8)

Brackets
Preliminary Rounds
(5) TheBlueBlade v. (6) ice-
(5) fear4 v. (6) CrazyFoxBrawler

Winners Quarter-Finals
(1) KishSquared v. (6) ice-
(3) Joshu v. (1) Blood Hawk
(2) Kirkq v. (3) KishPrime
(5) fear4 v. (1) Iggy

Winners Semi-Finals
(2) Kirkq v. (1) Iggy
(1) KishSquared v. (2) Blood Hawk

WINNERS FINALS: (1) Iggy 2 (1) KishSquared 1, FINAL

LOSERS FINALS: (2) Kirkq 0 (2) Blood Hawk 2, FINAL

3rd PLACE MATCH: (2) Blood Hawk 3 (1) KishSquared 2, FINAL

GRAND FINALS: (1) Iggy v. (2) Blood Hawk, ENDED IN TIE

Losers Octo-Finals
(5) TheBlueBlade v. (3) KishPrime
(6) CrazyFoxBrawler v. (3) Joshu

Losers Quarter-Finals
(3) KishPrime v. (5) fear4
(6) ice- v. (6) CrazyFoxBrawler

Losers Semi-Finals
(3) KishPrime v. (2) Blood Hawk
(2) Kirkq v. (6) ice-

==BRAWL+ DOUBLES==

At the conclusion of B+ singles....

==MELEE SINGLES==
UPDATED at 6:22PM

Pool 1

1. Laipply (4-1, 9-4)
2. AC (4-1, 9-3)
3. KishSquared (3-2, 8-5)
4. Jay (3-2, 6-4)
5. Pink (1-4, 2-9)
6. Professor Joshu (1-4, 4-9)

Pool 2

1. Kirkq (5-0, 10-2)
2. KishPrime (4-1, 9-2)
3. Ovaltine (3-2, 7-4)
4. KYAG (2-3, 4-6)
5. ice- (1-4, 2-9)
6. Mitory (0-5, 1-10)

Bracket (All Players Advanced)
Preliminary Rounds
(1) Laipply BYE
(5) ice- v. (4) Jay
(6) Prof. Joshu def. (3) Ovaltine, 2-0
(2) KishPrime BYE

(1) Kirkq BYE
(4) KYAG def. (5) Pink, 2-0
(3) KishSquared v. (6) Mitory
(2) AC BYE

Winners
(1) Laipply def. (4) Jay, forfeit
(2) KishPrime v. (6) Prof. Joshu

(1) Kirkq def. (4) KYAG, forfeit
(3) KishSquared v. (2) AC

WINNERS SEMI-FINALS
(1) Laipply v. (6) Prof. Joshu
(1) Kirkq v. (3) KishSquared

WINNERS FINAL: (1) Kirkq v. (1) Laipply

LOSERS FINAL: (2) KishPrime v. (2) AC

3rd PLACE FINAL: (1) Laipply v. (2) AC

GRAND FINALS: (1)Kirkq v. (2) AC

Losers
(5) ice- def. (4) KYAG, forfeit
(3) Ovaltine v. (2) AC

(5) Pink def. (4) Jay, forfeit
(6) Mitory v. (2) KishPrime

Losers Quarter-Finals
(5) ice- v. (2) AC
(5) Pink v. (2) KishPrime

Losers Semi-Finals
(2) AC v. (6) Prof. Joshu
(3) KishSquared v. (2) KishPrime

==MELEE DOUBLES==

Teams include: 4 Monster Trucks (Prime/Squared), Full Grown Woman (fear4, ?), Joshu + Big C (Joshu, Big C in spirit), Iggy + Kirkq (Iggy + Kirkq), and Nick + Zach (Laipply, ice-), Whatever (Jay, KYAG)

FINAL Standings (updated @ 2:40 PM)
1. Iggy + Kirkq (5-0, 10-0)
2. 4 Monster Trucks (4-1, 8-2)
3. Whatever (3-2, 6-4)
4. Nick + Zach (2-3, 4-6)
5. Full Grown Woman (1-2, 2-5)
6. Joshu + Big C (0-5, 1-10)

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
apparently i slept through doubles i failed my thinking of f smash randomly joshu.
Joshu got an fsmash off on Squared so you must've been dreaming.

JOSHU EDIT: I didn't get one off, but BIG C DID AND IT WAS AMAZING
Also Big C and I won a match, too good.

Blade: How dare you use my account Joshu! Oh, and that's what Squared told me to say. Probably heard him wrong... oh well.

KishPrime

BRoomer
Already?!

Joshu was violently ill so Iggy split with Blood Hawk and went home. Jeff and Blood Hawk finished a ridiculously close set for 2nd/3rd, and Blood Hawk won.

KishSquared

Smash Master
We got a lot of Brawl+ matches recorded, and they're awesome :D I have the DVDs and I'll try to get them uploaded this week.

I think that everyone who played Brawl+ said that it's far better than Brawl. The overall opinion seemed to be that it still needs some improvement, but that's it's on the right track. Sadly, we had some last-minute cancellations and so the turnout was under 20, and quite a few people either left before the Brawl+ tourney or opted not to play.

Ultimately, I don't think a single person came for Brawl+, they all came for Melee. I'm thrilled we had Melee interest, but it's not looking good for Brawl+ as a competitive game. If no one's willing to travel, it's pretty much over for Brawl+.

Top Bottom