• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Day at the Zhu 2 - Cancelled, sorry.

Shroomed

Smash Master
time to spam some pills in cupertino again lol

but **** that's hella far to drive again

why you gotta live so far zhu =(

Vodage

Smash Journeyman
more like aniGAY
lol pocky u dont like code geass? I refuse to believe someone who doesn't like anime in general would call themselves pocky.

and if u want aniGAY, try Kyo Kara Maoh. Dude accidentally gets engaged with another dude. Hilarity ensues.

Oh and Zhu numba two sounds good to me. Short notice tho. And Caltrain is annoying. Maybe I can get a ride with some other SF people? Either way lemme know if u decide to do this thing, I got teh cubezor.

ProdigyKid

Smash Lord
Thats cause you play Falco, now stfu and let me grab you in tourney. This goes the same for all Falco players.

Justin <3

I'm still not 100% sure how pointing out the stupidity of associating someone as an anime lover when they enjoy eating pocky. But then again, I went to Fanime this year.

Vodage

Smash Journeyman
pocky is an Asian snack.

Anime is Japanese cartoons.

The only real thing they have in common is that theyre asian. wut.
have you ever been to an anime convention? Pocky is like a weird sort of currency at those things. I wasn't trying to be stupid, it's just probability.

For some reason I just figured it's more likely for someone to call themselves pocky as a reference to anime culture as opposed to being a big fan of the snack itself.

Though I guess I could see that too... pocky is pretty good stuff...

Naota21t

Smash Champion
im pretty sure all conventions have stands that sell candy.

snickers is like top tier candy. so they should be at all conventions.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
The fish shaped thing in the bottom left of that pic is a Taiyaki. They are awesome, I get them all the time at SF J-town.

LuCKy

Smash Master
wow wtf why wouldnt you guys take me to get tayaki.......you *******s lol

but srsly....someone take me next time im up there...n that might be soon o.o

VANS

Smash Ace
SHERIDAN i got to japantown all the time! i wonder y i havent seen u there yet. then we gotta take anoter picture cuz my memory card malfunctioned now i lost all my pictures T_T

chocky is nasty!

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
VANS I probably go to Jtown once every 3-4 months now that I live in SC, but back in the day it would be like every 4-6 weeks or so. Chocky cannot compare to Pocky. Chocky's biscuit part was like hollow; it was like half air by volume.

You know I was thinking. For all the silly names that Japanese snacks have, ever really looked at American ones? I mean wtf is "3 Musketeers" or "5th Avenue" or "Snickers," they aren't really that much less ridiculous than some J-snacks like "Everyburger" or "Meltykiss" or "Black Black."

or, conversely, how many animes have people eating snickers
For some reason that made me think of how in FLCL I believe they referenced Crystal Pepsi, though that could have just been the localization. I wish that still existed. Everyone hated it except me.

Top Bottom