• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Bill by any other name would smell as sweet - Nov 14/15 - Melee, Brawl, Brawl+

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I'd so send link back to 1986 if I had the sweet moolah

and the ability to skip work and still keep my job lol

Triforce MM.. one of these days :grin:

Mullins

Smash Apprentice
I was sitting in Raleigh this past weekend when I heard His voice echoing through the halls. The Lord told me, "There will be Bill." I heard this message and I instantly knew that I must be the messenger. I must spread His word and make this next Billfest all it can be. For all that is holy, I am on a Bro Crusade and there shall be chillage. So let me ask you this, can you dig it?

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Mullins, that was beautiful, man. I dig it. Now for a random thought.....

I wonder if Bill ever walked through a cornfield one day and heard a ominous voice tell him "If you host it, they will come."

Field of Bills/Bill of Dreams for next Billfest name, anyone?

Mullins

Smash Apprentice
Mullins, that was beautiful, man. I dig it. Now for a random thought.....

I wonder if Bill ever walked through a cornfield one day and heard a ominous voice tell him "If you host it, they will come."

Field of Bills/Bill of Dreams for next Billfest name, anyone?
BrILLiant.

THO

Smash Apprentice
So...I uh, may need a partner in BP for this. Any one trying to uh be my love.

onlymaskde

Smash Lord
Maybe, I dunno. I'm gonna be really wishy washy with this one because Melee is on Sunday. If I want to go bad enough then I probably will anyway. But I dunno, I'll tell you soon.

Turnip T

Smash Cadet
I was sitting in Raleigh this past weekend when I heard His voice echoing through the halls. The Lord told me, "There will be Bill." I heard this message and I instantly knew that I must be the messenger. I must spread His word and make this next Billfest all it can be. For all that is holy, I am on a Bro Crusade and there shall be chillage. So let me ask you this, can you dig it?
I

<3

This

!!!!

~ Dark Hart

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
on a slightly related note, i appreciate the enthusiasm that the scene is showing now but too many tournaments held at one time is a surefire way to cannibalize the overall community. case in point, ncsu and boone. could we perhaps tone down the number of tourneys? then again, i'm like the least active active member so i guess i don't have a say.
Because the locator thread is not to be spammed:

How exactly does it cannibalize the community?

Either way, it is becoming nearly impossible to get everyone to one event per weekend now(which is insane), so I guess we should switch over to having monthlies instead of bi-weeklies at least for duke and NCSU to balance things out. This is getting a little crazy, but I would feel bad telling people to stop taking initiative....

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
The NCSU community really likes the idea of having a full get together every other weekend. The lower level players need something to have a goal for.

If we were to stop hosting bi-weeklies (unlikely) there would definitely be a smashfest every other weekend.

There was actually a tournament at NCSU last weekend too for students only >_>

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
omni

thats pretty cool

how's the scene over there
We need to try and convince the casual players that its worth the $$ to enter, which might be hard. There are at least 5-10 players for each of the 3 games that are actively trying to learn ATs and improve.

There are probably 3x that number that play friendlies 2-4 times a week in the library or wolves den though and it would be really cool if we convinced them all to come to tournaments. We'd have +30 entrants not including smashboards players.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
that'd be cool. i mean just tell them its the best way to improve, not to mention you get to see how you compare to the rest of the community. and if they can't spare like 5 bucks to enter a tourney then o.O weird.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
"We need to try and convince the casual players that its worth the $$ to enter, which might be hard. There are at least 5-10 players for each of the 3 games that are actively trying to learn ATs and improve."

It really is worth it to enter. Maybe I can serve as an inspiration of sorts.

I've entered numerous tournaments and never placed well, but I always....

1. had an awesome time with awesome people

2. learned something new from other players to help me improve

3. gained valuable experience in general from competing in a tournament setting

With every tourney I become a little better than I ever was before. It's all about starting from the bottom and slowly clawing your way to the top. I may have a job (so no money johns for me, that really helps), but try not to let the payment aspect scare you off.

NC Smash = Too good

KillerSOS

Smash Champion
We need to try and convince the casual players that its worth the $$ to enter, which might be hard. There are at least 5-10 players for each of the 3 games that are actively trying to learn ATs and improve.

There are probably 3x that number that play friendlies 2-4 times a week in the library or wolves den though and it would be really cool if we convinced them all to come to tournaments. We'd have +30 entrants not including smashboards players.
Yeah.... but they have to play some of the best players in the state every day so that might make them think we are all that good 0_o

Top Bottom