• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Bill by any other name would smell as sweet - Nov 14/15 - Melee, Brawl, Brawl+

theAPExp

Smash Ace
i switched mains all the time in melee
link > fox > puff > peach > sheik > marth > cf > puff > falco > peach > falco/puff > fox
somewhere in there i picked up ganon decently : /

m2k also used to main/alt ddd consistently
and the mk/ddd match isn't completely terrible
most ddd's think it's about 55:45 mk
most mk's think it's 60:40 - 55:45 mk
but
ddd's won't beat a good mk
very few or no mistakes to keep this close to even

but ddd has several bigger problems than mk
so i could honestly care less about an alt for him

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I switched from Mario to Falco/Marth to Falco in Melee. ****.

I switched from Mario/GaW/Marth to Marth in Brawl.

How you guys can switch that much is crazy to me haha.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Marth for a few months -> Peach for the longest time -> Jiggs -> Thinking of going back to Peach. My matches with Jim today reminded me why I loved Melee

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
Don't main peach stongers... literally the only char that I don't like in smash haha. I think they're all fun to play except like peach, yoshi, and pichu.

I main sheik... secondary ganon and ness right now I guess? Ness is sooo sooooooo fun to play. Sheik was my first main when I first started playing melee.. Secondaries I don't practice much.. ic and jiggs.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Come on dorsey, not all Peach's are really stupid. Have you seen Armada/Mike G's peaches? They combo and Mike G's is aggressive and stuff.

mr.fizwidget

Smash Champion
i have thought about trying peach in melee...

it was right after genesis when everyone thought about playing her...

she seems unlike the typical character, with all of that floating stuff...

idk...i think ill stick to shiek...

oh and i need to do exactly what stingers is doing...pp will you give me some melee tips if i can get some stuff recorded?

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
next to me.

Oh I actually like watching a few peaches... vidjo, vwins, and armada are all the ****. Mike G > all though of course. Playing peach is a diff. story...

I'm going to this and so should ace just as a reminder.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
In my scrub days I was a Roy main and then Marth.. then Dorsey picked Ganon a few times and I saw how much fun he was having. I was like straight Ganon ever since lol. I picked up Big L as a secondary like a year or so ago because he's mad slippery.

:darklord:

mr.fizwidget

Smash Champion
lol dub got some videos critiqued by cactuar and pulled them up on the monitor...

it was like 3 paragraphs long...

rag said, "that aint no pp critique...you can read that in one sitting..."

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Lol. I don't like just listing mistakes in a match. It's way better to have a conversation with people when giving advice. :laugh:

*CT*

Smash Lord
Don't main peach stongers... literally the only char that I don't like in smash haha. I think they're all fun to play except like peach, yoshi, and pichu.

I main sheik... secondary ganon and ness right now I guess? Ness is sooo sooooooo fun to play. Sheik was my first main when I first started playing melee.. Secondaries I don't practice much.. ic and jiggs.
woah woah woah, pichu is the shiz

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
@Karn: want your bilfest matches critiqued?

@Cactuar: I'm better at posting about it but I know from experience you're better in conversation form. Which is legit.

Krackshot Kroc

Smash Ace
In Melee I pretty much main Marth and will play Fox and Sheik a lot. But I really don't have a decided main in that game.

Same as Brawl, but in Brawl I'm probably going to end up maining Snake and seconding MK and D3

Stockfield

Smash Champion
Wow I feel like a loser cause everyone plays melee and i'm like not me haha, but I pretty much started when brawl came out so I only play brawl, I like watching melee videos so i might try it some time.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
You vs Mike, second set. Losers semis.

@Stockfield: we have several players that play both games or started with Brawl and switched to Melee and such. Don't be afraid to at least try it bro. It's a fun game. =)

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Lol Stongers.

I started playing Melee competitively in the summer of 07. First tourney in October 07. First Brawl tourney in June 08. First time I won money and first time I won a tournament. I had to wait until February Billfest 09 before I won a Melee tournament.

Top Bottom