• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"A Bad Smash Day..."- Conker for Ultimate!

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
Wait what? One of the cut Melee trophies was the Great Mighty Poo??? :surprised:
BAB20E02-5029-4F7A-8F37-701389484984.jpeg

**** yeah!!!

Never really played much of Conker's games, but he'd be neat in Smash. He has a lot of character, and even if he's not my first choice, I still support him.
Welcome aboard! :)

Last edited:

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
A good friend of mine on Twitter showed me something truly amazing that truly made me smile.

Look, just when you thought you’ve seen it all there’s still more proof that Conker is indeed a Nintendo boy at heart, and that he needs to rejoin his true family over at Smash Brothers, pronto!

DC5C7E7D-8F33-4C53-BEB1-AA08A9E533B4.jpeg

6F9F2E7E-01C8-4A90-ABBD-342CE9418534.jpeg
9A766B5E-A18D-4F15-8421-4236D0A04BC1.jpeg

ErenJager

Smash Champion
A good friend of mine on Twitter showed me something truly amazing that truly made me smile.

Look, just when you thought you’ve seen it all there’s still more proof that Conker is indeed a Nintendo boy at heart, and that he needs to rejoin his true family over at Smash Brothers, pronto!
I'm thinkin' squirrel is back on the Fighter's Pass 2 menu.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

View attachment 261828

This really shows that Rare's original characters from the SNES/N64 era really are members of the Nintendo family that got forcefully adopted by Microsoft excluding the DKC characters who kind of got shoved off by Nintendo after Rare left. We just got K. Rool back after MIA for 10 years.

Last edited:

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
I'm thinkin' squirrel is back on the Fighter's Pass 2 menu.
I wish!
That’d be one hell of a dream come true.

This really shows that Rare's original characters from the SNES/N64 era really are members of the Nintendo family that got forcefully adopted by Microsoft excluding the DKC characters who kind of got shoved off by Nintendo after Rare left. We just got K. Rool back after MIA for 10 years.
Exactly, couldn’t agree more!
Just to think that Donkey Kong was the only lucky ******* to be saved by Nintendo from going to the horrors of Microsoft land along with poor Conker and Banjo. Dammit why couldn’t Nintendo have saved them all when they had the chance.
That’s why Conker’s inclusion in Smash would make such an epic and heartwarming reunion.

F62E5004-D3AF-4E67-8EEB-2B84C9803194.png

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I wish!

Just to think that Donkey Kong was the only lucky ******* to be saved by Nintendo from going to the horrors of Microsoft land along with poor Conker and Banjo. Dammit why couldn’t Nintendo have saved them all when they had the chance.
That’s why Conker’s inclusion in Smash would make such an epic and heartwarming reunion.

View attachment 262184
The reason Donkey Kong and friends was saved by Nintendo is because he is one of Nintendo's original video game characters along with Mario. DK and Mario both debut together in Donkey Kong so the Donkey Kong brand is very important to Nintendo's history. That's why Nintendo got the rights to the DK64 characters from Rare in exchange for the Banjo-Kazooie rights so that Microsoft wouldn't be able to get their hands on anything DK related.

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
The reason Donkey Kong and friends was saved by Nintendo is because he is one of Nintendo's original video game characters along with Mario. DK and Mario both debut together in Donkey Kong so the Donkey Kong brand is very important to Nintendo's history. That's why Nintendo got the rights to the DK64 characters from Rare in exchange for the Banjo-Kazooie rights so that Microsoft wouldn't be able to get their hands on anything DK related.
Yeah, I’m aware, and yeah I can’t say it wasn’t logical of them to rush in buying the full stuff of the DK IP before Microsoft got their hands on it, but still, they could’ve easily kept and bought the full rights to some of their most treasured IPs, such as Banjo-Kazooie and Conker, since Rare admitted that they wanted to start appealing to Xbox audiences with their games (which explains atrocities like Nuts and Bolts or Live & Reloaded), what a hell of a wasted opportunity. Both of them could’ve starred in Brawl and be included in Subspace Emissary.

Maybe he could’ve joined Diddy and Fox in their chapter at some part.
I imagine Conker’s introduction would’ve been something like this:
989586B0-307A-453B-AEA2-941DABB17EC6.jpeg

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Yeah, I’m aware, and yeah I can’t say it wasn’t logical of them to rush in buying the full stuff of the DK IP before Microsoft got their hands on it, but still, they could’ve easily kept and bought the full rights to some of their most treasured IPs, such as Banjo-Kazooie and Conker, since Rare admitted that they wanted to start appealing to Xbox audiences with their games (which explains atrocities like Nuts and Bolts or Live & Reloaded), what a hell of a wasted opportunity. Both of them could’ve starred in Brawl and be included in Subspace Emissary.

Maybe he could’ve joined Diddy and Fox in their chapter at some part.
I imagine Conker’s introduction would’ve been something like this:View attachment 262597
I agree that Nintendo should have bought or kept the Banjo-Kazooie and Conker rights alongside the rest of the DK content. Man, Banjo & Kazooie, Conker, and K. Rool all in Subspace Emissary would have been wicked as hell.

Morgana J. Cat

Smash Apprentice
You know, I'm getting pretty confident that Rare Replay will be coming to the Switch sooner than you think, with all the demand that's been going on, on Twitter in the last few days.

This might be really good news for Conker. Maybe it won't help his chances since the upcoming DLC slots have already been decided, but it'll probably cause much more fan demand for Conker to join Smash. So maybe next time, I guess.

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
I wish!

View attachment 262184
Why do people act like Microsoft ruined Rare? Bungie had golden age under Microsoft. It's not like Microsoft held a gun at Rare and forced it to make those games. Rare also made gems like Kameo and Viva Pinata. And their latest game, Sea of Thieves had like 8 million active users according to news. Microsoft gave Rare total freedom to make what they want.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Why do people act like Microsoft ruined Rare? Bungie had golden age under Microsoft. It's not like Microsoft held a gun at Rare and forced it to make those games. Rare also made gems like Kameo and Viva Pinata. And their latest game, Sea of Thieves had like 8 million active users according to news. Microsoft gave Rare total freedom to make what they want.
Microsoft was actually very strict with Rare at least in the early 2000s, that is, according to at least one ex-employee saying how they were like “it’s my way or the highway.”

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
Microsoft was actually very strict with Rare at least in the early 2000s, that is, according to at least one ex-employee saying how they were like “it’s my way or the highway.”
Then, there was another Rare ex-employee who said opposite.

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
You know, I'm getting pretty confident that Rare Replay will be coming to the Switch sooner than you think, with all the demand that's been going on, on Twitter in the last few days.

This might be really good news for Conker. Maybe it won't help his chances since the upcoming DLC slots have already been decided, but it'll probably cause much more fan demand for Conker to join Smash. So maybe next time, I guess.
I still have some hope left for this Smash, tho. But yeah #BreakfreeRareReplay

Pal a lot of people who are fans of classic Rare series, heck even former Rare employees have agreed that the Microsoft buyout was a bad thing. If it wasn’t for it, they still would have sticked to the source material and made games for Nintendo that obviously appealed to Nintendo gamers, hence why atrocities like Nuts and Bolts and Live and Reloaded were made, instead of Threeie (which I personally don’t give that much of a damn about it, but most people apparently do) and Other Bad Day.

Rare is mostly known for creating DKC, Banjo Kazooie, Conker and Goldeneye, so it’s not really that hard to see why the company is considered by many to have suffered a downfall since then.

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
Pal a lot of people who are fans of classic Rare series, heck even former Rare employees have agreed that the Microsoft buyout was a bad thing. If it wasn’t for it, they still would have sticked to the source material and made games for Nintendo that obviously appealed to Nintendo gamers, hence why atrocities like Nuts and Bolts and Live and Reloaded were made, instead of Threeie (which I personally don’t give that much of a damn about it, but most people apparently do) and Other Bad Day.

Rare is mostly known for creating DKC, Banjo Kazooie, Conker and Goldeneye, so it’s not really that hard to see why the company is considered by many to have suffered a downfall since then.
And there was another employee speaking totally different story.
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015...ect-focus-and-not-microsoft-says-ex-employee/
Key members already left Rare before buyout. It wasn't like "Oh Microsoft is about to purchase us, so we better leave!" For those bad apples, we still got Viva Pinata and Kameo.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I think a Rare Replay Switch port will not only help raise awareness of Rare's classic games to modern Nintendo players, but also help gain more of Rare's characters a Smash following. Conker, Joanna Dark, Battletoads, Star Twins, and maybe even Gruntilda, Mumbo, and Dark Queen might have a chance of getting into Smash in the future.

That's just the excuse most people make up in where in reality it's Rare, Nintendo, and Microsoft's fault things went down they why they did before and after the buyout. A lot of the old staff that worked on all the big classics in the 90s left Rare right around the time Microsoft bought them out.

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
Hey Conker fans, just thought I'd like to share my Conker statue that just came in the mail today from First 4 Figures.

View attachment 265956
Well that’s just awesome!

On another note, a friend of mine showed me this little interview:
https://t.co/KYMPbpvuTR?amp=1
0D92C34A-8F93-4F77-B01C-041E69C10F6A.jpeg

Look, apparently Phil Spencer is a Rare fan from the N64 days, and he did mention Conker there. Maybe he’ll actually push for him to be the second Microsoft-owned character to get into Smash Ultimate.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

View attachment 265976

Look, apparently Phil Spencer is a Rare fan from the N64 days, and he did mention Conker there. Maybe he’ll push for Conker to be the second Microsoft-owned character to get into Smash Ultimate.
This could explain why we were fortunate enough to get Banjo & Kazooie in Smash. Phil not only was up for it to please the fans but himself too being a Rare fan from the N64 era and such.

Morgana J. Cat

Smash Apprentice

View attachment 265976

Look, apparently Phil Spencer is a Rare fan from the N64 days, and he did mention Conker there. Maybe he’ll actually push for him to be the second Microsoft-owned character to get into Smash Ultimate.
Well yeah, I really hope that’ll make him choose Conker instead of Steve or Master Chief too. But still, that’s mostly up to Nintendo to decide. I can’t help but feel like they’re going to choose Steve next, sadly. Hope I’m wrong.

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
7A54107B-45F7-4757-9843-BB1A6620CA83.jpeg
You know, a little before Banjo and Kazooie got in Smash they were given a ship themed around them on Sea of Thieves.

Conker got one too recently...

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
View attachment 270749You know, a little before Banjo and Kazooie got in Smash they were given a ship themed around them on Sea of Thieves.

Conker got one too recently...
If only that was a sign Conker was coming to Smash. I don't care what anyone says, Conker while not as iconic or successful as Banjo-Kazooie is just as important due to Conker and Banjo both debuting in Diddy Kong Racing. Rare values them both as equals due to this and shoving them both into everything promoting Rare.

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
If only that was a sign Conker was coming to Smash. I don't care what anyone says, Conker while not as iconic or successful as Banjo-Kazooie is just as important due to Conker and Banjo both debuting in Diddy Kong Racing. Rare values them both as equals due to this and shoving them both into everything promoting Rare.
Conker is definitely as iconic as Banjo, maybe not nowadays since they’re in Smash, but pretty much anyone who has fond memories of the N64 at least knows who he is, and they’re treated as equals by their own company like you said (hell they both got those big freaking first 4 figures statuses), as their like Rare’s faces just like how Superman and Batman are the faces of DC comics. And the only thing I’d say Banjo Kazooie are more successful, is in terms of sales, when it comes to the rest both are equally hyped and well received by their respective fans.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
My reaction of seeing the good doctor in 25th place:

It's great to see both Conker and Eggman getting more support as they truly deserve the push.

He didn’t beat Steve though:surprised:
Well he is at least doing better on this poll compared to other Rare favorites like Dixie Kong and Krystal.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master

Aaronitmar just posted a hypothetical on having Conker as a fighter.

I will say that as far as a final Smash I'd go with him the donning the Alien suit and swinging around other fighters to huge damage.

Oddball

Smash Lord
It would be nice to see Conker returning home.

Some how for a trailer, I can picture Diddy all excited to see his happy buddy from Diddy Kong racing again only to show up at his house and it's the hung-over surly Conker we all know.

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
It would be nice to see Conker returning home.

Some how for a trailer, I can picture Diddy all excited to see his happy buddy from Diddy Kong racing again only to show up at his house and it's the hung-over surly Conker we all know.
Oh I wholeheartedly agree. Conker will always be a Nintendo character at heart to me, and seeing him in Smash with his former Nintendo buddies will certainly do him justice.

Oh and nice concept! I’d say maybe Diddy could be the one to deliver Conker his Smash Brothers invitation.

Oh speaking of which, me and a friend of mine drew a concept of how Conker’s reveal trailer could end a while ago. Sorry if I forgot to show it here, my bad.
93A7109E-1F89-4A4B-A760-83D22DEE996F.jpeg
2517688C-4267-4ED3-A09F-B3E17F40028C.jpeg

Basically I did the first half of it and he did the second.

Oddball

Smash Lord
Oh I wholeheartedly agree. Conker will always be a Nintendo character at heart to me, and seeing him in Smash with his former Nintendo buddies will certainly do him justice.

Oh and nice concept! I’d say maybe Diddy could be the one to deliver Conker his Smash Brothers invitation.

Oh speaking of which, me and a friend of mine drew a concept of how Conker’s reveal trailer could end a while ago. Sorry if I forgot to show it here, my bad.

Basically I did the first half of it and he did the second.
It's nice seeing the whole family together again.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Hello everyone!

I have been a huge Banjo-Kazooie fan for many years. I have played through Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie numerous times and I have loved every second out of those games. For some reason, however, I never played Conker's Bad Fur Day until recently. I decided to pick it up just because I have heard tons of praise for this game with a ton of "weird" ideas that oddly work. I haven't finished it yet since I just started it, but so far, I am absolutely LOVING this game. This game is absolutely hilarious. I will admit, I don't personally find toilet humor that funny, but I just can't help but laugh about the fact that their is an entire level just themed around s***. Its definitely not something you will ever see in an everyday platformer. Personally, the parts I find funny are the interactions Conker has with many of the civilians in the world. I just love Conker's attitude and slight sarcasm and I can't help but laugh at it. [And I also can't believe Nintendo even published this game to begin with]. This may just be another one of my favorite N64 games that I unfortunately looked over for all these years.

While I highly doubt Conker is getting included after we just got Banjo & Kazooie, especially since Bad Fur Day never released in Japan, I think I am starting to low-key become a supporter for Conker and I would love to see him get included in the next game!

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
Hello everyone!

I have been a huge Banjo-Kazooie fan for many years. I have played through Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie numerous times and I have loved every second out of those games. For some reason, however, I never played Conker's Bad Fur Day until recently. I decided to pick it up just because I have heard tons of praise for this game with a ton of "weird" ideas that oddly work. I haven't finished it yet since I just started it, but so far, I am absolutely LOVING this game. This game is absolutely hilarious. I will admit, I don't personally find toilet humor that funny, but I just can't help but laugh about the fact that their is an entire level just themed around s***. Its definitely not something you will ever see in an everyday platformer. Personally, the parts I find funny are the interactions Conker has with many of the civilians in the world. I just love Conker's attitude and slight sarcasm and I can't help but laugh at it. [And I also can't believe Nintendo even published this game to begin with]. This may just be another one of my favorite N64 games that I unfortunately looked over for all these years.

While I highly doubt Conker is getting included after we just got Banjo & Kazooie, especially since Bad Fur Day never released in Japan, I think I am starting to low-key become a supporter for Conker and I would love to see him get included in the next game!
I’m glad you enjoyed it. It literally is a one time only experience in gaming imo. Personally I’ve never been that much of a BK fan, but I’m all about Conker.

As for him getting in Smash, I wouldn’t go that far since I still think he does have a decent chance of getting in.
Keep in mind that while Bad Fur Day wasn’t released in Japan, Rare Replay (which includes BFD) did.
Also it’s worth noting Nintendo themselves stated they were surprised by how well received Banjo was, so I’d be a bit shocked if they didn’t at the very least, consider Conker for Fighters Pass 2.
57981EB7-DBAB-4BF1-BE92-4164D0E01B0E.jpeg

Plus Conker is one of the two faces of Rare as a whole (the other being BK, of course) and he used to be a former 2nd party Nintendo all star, just like Banjo, so he’s definitely an extremely plausible candidate as a newcomer.

Last edited:
Top Bottom