• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"A Bad Smash Day..."- Conker for Ultimate!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
You can PM me if you have a problem with me instead of airing out grievances in a completely unrelated thread.
I just don't like people saying words like that to me if they're trying to correct me. I would prefer if they did it in a nicer manner without insulting my intelligence.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Let's keep it civil, as this is not the place for it. You can take it to PM's or Forum Support as well.

And obviously, please move on.

Morgana J. Cat

Smash Apprentice
"So called Rare fans?" Are you implying people who don't support Conker are somehow less of Rare fans?

As for why Banjo got much more support... it's because the Banjo games are significantly more popular, influential, and beloved than Conker's games. It's not even close. CBFD sold <100k and Banjo-Kazooie sold over 3.5 million copies. Like, dude, I like Bad Fur Day, but c'mon. Some perspective is good. Conker was an M-rated game that came out late in the N64's life cycle and flopped while the Banjo games were big hits with broad demographics that are to this day considered cornerstones of the console's library.

If you want to make the argument for Conker being in Smash, acknowledging the facts is a good place to start.
I guess that according to your brilliant logic you can also say that Sonic 06 is more popular, influential and beloved than, say Earthbound.

StormC

Smash Hero
I guess that according to your brilliant logic you can also say that Sonic 06 is more popular, influential and beloved than, say Earthbound.
Must have missed the part where Sonic 06 is to this day considered a cornerstone of its console library.

CipherPool

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-8149-9853-2982
Bad News on the Conker Smash Video, my videos and other previous ones that I watch on YouTube in my computer is completely broken why because if I go on Twitter or Watch a video on YouTube or mine videos that I made, they are really f**kup the videos are black and white almost, it keeps repeating it over and over, the video just zoomed in in closes and every time I keep resetting or turning off my computer it's still their and no way of fixing it. If I upload the video the whole thing would be exactly what I just said and you guys would not be happy and the viewers what not know what's going on so the Conker Smash Video would have to move some where in November so I can figure out what's the problem or I'll just have to take my computer to get it fix. If you ever experience this situation before and knowing how to fix it let me know.

AWOL7

Smash Rookie
Thought I'd whip up a Conker Moveset, cause why not? (Moved this here 'cause they didn't want it on the Banjo thread. :p )

Jab: Smack foes with his frying pan. A successful hit will lead into two more hits, with the third knocking backwards.

F-tilt: Another smack with the frying pan. Hits harder than jabbing.

Up-tilt: An upward swing with the pan. Hits above Conker.

Down-Tilt: Performs a crouch spin with his tail, causing minimal damage but tripping opponents.

F-Smash: A hard whack with his nail-covered baseball bat. Projectiles will be skewered and halted, but catching a projectile will activate a short animation in which Conker removes the object and tosses it aside.

Up-Smash: Swings upward with his bat. Doesn't hit behind. Spikes skewer projectiles.

Down-Smash: Spins in a circle with his bat. Spikes skewer projectiles.

Note: All specials (except Up-B) cause a lightbulb to flash above Conker's head upon activation.

Nuteral-Special: Context Sensitive. This changes depending on the situation. If shielding, Conker dons the special armor for the Tediz segment of his and gets a free perfect shield if it blocks an attack. If in the air, Conker whips out a grappling hook to attempt to tether an opponent or the stage. On the ground, Conker equips his helmet and cigar and whips out some Smash-Approved weapon to attack with.

Side-Special: Conker whips out his throwing knives and hurls three forward. Can be cancled mid throws.

Down-Special: Conker pulls out his pocket watch and swings it in front of himself. If you input the move again, or the watch swings three times, Conker will snap his fingers and daze anyone standing in front of him within a short range. Basically Mewtwo's Disable.

Up-Special: Conker spins his tail and helicopters into the air. Not very good vertical recovery, but he decends slowly for a few seconds after peaking as he does in his games.

Grabs: Nothing interesting about his throws, but the grabbing animation mimics his money-swipe from BFD.

Final Smash: Conker charges forward with a shoulder-check. Anyone he hits is knocked into a cinematic: The foe lands in the vault from the endgame of BFD, and Conker runs up in his mech-suit and bashes the opponent several time to rack up damage before knocking them out the airlock, killing players above 100% damage.

Just my take on what the squirrel would play like.

Since it's now confirmed that banjo and kazooie is a confirmed character, it might be possible that conker also will be in the game as a literal character. This moveset is great, since nothing about it is "inappropriate", thus Nintendo doesn't really have a reason to not include him based on his behavior.

I also think adding Raiden from the metal gear series would be a good idea, but that's just me.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Since it's now confirmed that banjo and kazooie is a confirmed character, it might be possible that conker also will be in the game as a literal character. This moveset is great, since nothing about it is "inappropriate", thus Nintendo doesn't really have a reason to not include him based on his behavior.

I also think adding Raiden from the metal gear series would be a good idea, but that's just me.
I don't think Conker has any chance for Ultimate, but I definitely think he has a shot in a future Smash down the line if Nintendo and Microsoft's relationship is still going strong years from now. Also they would have to tone Conker down a bit if he ever does get included.

Conker

Jab: He will hit the opponent 3 times with a frying pan which deals 3% each (12%)

Foward Tilt: He uses the 2 bricks from the furnace fight which deals 15%

Up Tilt: He upswings with his nailed bat

Down tilt: He swings his tail downwards, like Fox’s

Foward smash: He will swing his chainsaw doing 25%, charging it will make his chainsaw rev up which will do 35%.

Down smash: He will turn into an anvil and slam down on the ground doing 15% if near the radius and doing 20% if under. Has higher knockback then his foward smash

Up smash: He will swing his katana upward like Ike and Ganondorf, deals 20%

Foward air: He will swing a frying pan downwards, can spike.

Up air: He will swing his nailed bat upward

Down air: He will kick down with his legs like ganondorf.

Back air: He will swing his tail behind him.

Side special: He will run on his barrel ( like in the mansion) and it will explode when it hits an opponent, he can jump and if he lands on them while on the barrel it’ll bury them.

Down special: A lightbulb will light above his head after some time (as much as Wario down B) Dealing damage can speed up the process. He will get a randomized item from one of his games

Chocolate: Heals 35%

Squirrel tail: adds another stock (Very rare to get though)

Dynamite: Can throw like snake, deals more damage and knockback but longer detonation time.

Flamethrower: Conker will spray it around by demand (like in game) has limited fuel and deals fire damage.

Crossbow: Deals damage depending how far they are, as much as 30%, little knock back, around 5 bolts

Shotgun: Will deal 35% depending how close they are. High knock back and 7 shots.

Up special: Will use his tail to fly upward. Like Piranha plants recovery or maybe Donkey Kong’s recovery.

Neutral special:

There’s a 50/50 chance he will either shoot a barrage of his bullets from his machine guns (50% for duration but it’s easy to dodge) or he will use his rocket launcher which does 40% (moves fast but moves in a straight line)

Final smash: He gets into his mech suit and will have invincibility for the duration of the final smash. Each hit he will throw does 20%

Weight: Medium

In Diddy Kong racing he is referred to as a medium weight

Thoughts?

I wrote this at 3:00 AM so they’re might be issues like some moves being to strong or errors in the writing
I love it! Especially the Down Special.

Edit: ****! I don't know what happened... Can a mod come and fix this please.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I don't think Conker has any chance for Ultimate, but I definitely think he has a shot in a future Smash down the line if Nintendo and Microsoft's relationship is still going strong years from now. Also they would have to tone Conker down a bit if he ever does get included.
And now the classic Doom games are getting ported on the Switch, so people's image of Nintendo being strictly a kid-friendly company is getting more questionable by the day.

Until then, fans need to start building up support for Conker. Even if it has to take 10 years, it can be done.

Cookies N Milk

Smash Apprentice
The entire thing this time and some new things

Jab: He will hit the opponent 3 times with a frying pan which deals 4% each (12%)

Forward Tilt: He uses the 2 bricks from the furnace fight which deals 15%

Up Tilt: He upswings with his bat
10%

Down tilt: He swings his tail downwards, like Fox’s
7%

Dash Attack: Conker will ram into an opponent
10%

Forward smash: He will swing his chainsaw doing 25%, charging it will make his chainsaw rev up which will do 35%. If you think a chainsaw is to violent for smash, look at Bowser Jr. or Corrin

Down smash: He will turn into an anvil and slam down on the ground doing 15% if near the radius and doing 20% if under. Has higher knockback then his forward smash

Up smash: He will swing his katana upward like Ike and Ganondorf, deals 25%
He will start from behind him, since a katana is a single edged sword. Still hits on all sides.

Forward air: He will swing a frying pan horizontaly. 13%

Up air: He will kick upwards like Mario and Incineroar. 9%

Down air: He will kick down with his legs, can spike.
11%

Back air: He will swing his tail behind him. Like Yoshi’s back air.
14%

Neutral Air: Conker will spin around with his Bat. 12%

Neutral special:

Press B to pull out his machine guns. You can jump and move your joystick to aim up or down. Press A to fire and Press B to put the guns away. Does more damage then jokers gun and does knock back at close range. It's like inkling's neutral special, except it does more damage, more range, and you can move while using it. The heavier character SHOULD have the better variation.

Side special: He will run on his barrel ( like in the mansion) and it will explode when it hits an opponent, he can jump and if he lands on them while on the barrel it’ll bury them.

20% if the barrel hits you

Press B while riding to jump off (the barrel will keep rolling)

Up special: Will use his tail to fly upward. Like Donkey Kong's recovery, except it has more vertical distance by a fair amount.

Down special: A lightbulb will light above his head after some time (as much as Jokers arsene) Dealing damage can speed up the process. He will get a randomized item from one of his games. There will be a meter (like jokers Arsene) Filling it up will activate the move. Once you get your item ( if it’s not used up) you can either throw it which disappears instantly and you can start working for another or you can press down B again and you can put it away and save it for later (Press down B again to pull it out) You can’t get a new item until you used the item up or threw it. It will charge over time and doing damage will increase its progression. When having an item with uses, instead of the meter, it will show how much uses the item has.

Chocolate: Heals 35%

Squirrel tail: adds another stock (Very rare to get though 5%)

Dynamite: Can throw like snake, deals more damage and knockback but longer detonation time. If thrown and it lands on an opponent it will blow up

Flamethrower: Conker will spray it around by demand (like in game) has limited fuel and deals fire damage.
Does as much as Piranha Plants poison breath.

Crossbow: Deals damage depending how far they are, as much as 30%, good knock back, around 8 bolts

Shotgun: Will deal 35% depending how close they are. High knock back and 7 shots.

Bomb: From chapter 6. Can be thrown a short distance, huge explosion radius, as strong as peach's bombs.

Clock: Can be used to stun opponents, can be thrown afterwards and will instantly break shields like Mr. Saturn

Rocket launcher: Does 40% and has 3 shots.
Moves fast and moves in a straight line

Throwing knives: 15% damage, 5 knives and can be picked back up

Confidence Pills: Like what he did in Poo Mountain, increases damage, speed, and jump height. His running animation will be him on all fours and he will be able to swim.

Last 20 seconds

Blunderbuss: Extremely short range. 60% damage and only one shot.

Toilet Paper: The opponent will be wrapped in toilet paper. Does no Damage, but opponents will take 2x the damage and it slows them down slightly. You only get one.

Slingshot: Will shoot “fire conkers”, (from the military base) Around 8 shots, does 20%.

Final smash: Conker will ram into the opponent, which sends them to the space station with the airlock open. He will get into his Mech suit and throw them out of the airlock like he did to Heinrich. KOs at 100%
Does 40%

Grab: His grabbing animation will be the one where he grabs money like in game

Pummel: He will punch the opponent, doing 2% each. Average speed

Forward Grab: He will simply throw the opponent, like Mario. 12% and decent knock back

Back Grab: He will put the opponent over his shoulders and throw them, like Dr. Mario. 16% and does the most knock back

Up Grab: He will thrust the opponent up into the air. 8%

Down grab: He throws his opponent down on the ground and slams them with his frying pan, it will bury them. 10%

Costumes:

His N64 outfit (No pants and has gloves)

Neo Conker

Army outfit

King outfit which he wears the crown and his sweatshirt is zipped down

Live and reloaded outfit

Kid Conker

The one where he is the vampire hunter

The one in chapter 6 (Caveman)

Weight: Heavy, 105 units which is between Snake and Link
He was a medium weight in Diddy Kong Racing.
His weapons and items would add to his weight (Like Inkling)
Height: Taller then Mario, but shorter then Luigi.

He was taller then Diddy Kong in DK Racing.
He might’ve grown taller over the years. (He was 12 back then now 16)

His dash speed will be Mario’s speed and his jump height will be inklings.

His air speed will be fairly fast, and his fall speed is average.

Taunts:

His eyes will bulge out his sockets (like with haybot)

He will juggle 3 balls

He will play on his game boy

Victory screens:

A bundle of money will run by him and he will grab it and stuff it into his pocket

He cuts the screen open with his chainsaw

He does the dance he does in rock party.

Stage: Panther Kingdom

Entry animation: A giant skeleton hand will drop him into the battlefield.

Idle animation: He will occasionally put his hands into his pockets. As for Neo conker, they can just add pockets to his suit.

Last edited:

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
Merry Christmas you all!!!

5C1DA179-FFFC-4147-9A00-9BEB6DA18388.jpeg

Well maybe not so soon, but hey, I found this really cool Nintendo poster.
Now you might be wondering why I shared this here, well look closely at the right bottom of the picture!
That’s right, you saw him! This goes to prove that even Nintendo itself considered Conker as one of their characters.

Conker belongs with Nintendo!!!

Cookies N Milk

Smash Apprentice

View attachment 232790

Now you might be wondering why I shared this here, well look closely at the right bottom of the picture!
That’s right, you saw him! This goes to prove that even Nintendo itself considered Conker as one of their characters.

I’m hoping Conker will ATLEAST become a spirit when Banjo and Kazooie comes out, which means he has a chance for smash 6

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
I’m hoping Conker will ATLEAST become a spirit when Banjo and Kazooie comes out, which means he has a chance for smash 6
Sadly, that’s probably what will end up happening.
Gotta say tho, I really hate the thought of having Conker missing in such a game like Ultimate (where everyone is here) and even having to wait, probably like a decade (that is, if there will even be another Smash).

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So regarding Conker in Smash, what do you guys think his reveal trailer would be like? I would imagine Conker surprising everyone by coming out of nowhere and cutting someone up with his chainsaw or knocking someone out with his bat and than saying afterwards "The king, is back motherbuzzer!" Splash screen "Conker Has A Bad Fur Day!" Cuts to gameplay footage. Scene after gameplay footage: Conker is having a drink of Lon Lon Milk with DK, Diddy, Banjo & Kazooie, and Young Link. "It sure is great to be back home guys!" Falls over and is passed out from drinking too much Lon Lon Milk.

Last edited:

Cookies N Milk

Smash Apprentice
So regarding Conker in Smash, what do you guys think his reveal trailer would be like? I would imagine Conker surprising everyone by coming out of nowhere and cutting someone up with his chainsaw or knocking someone out with his bat and than saying afterwards "The king, is back motherbuzzer!" Splash screen "Conker Has A Bad Fur Day!" Cuts to gameplay footage. Scene after gameplay footage: Conker is having a drink of Lon Lon Milk with DK, Diddy, Banjo & Kazooie, and Young Link. "It sure is great to be back home guys!" Falls over and is passed out from drinking too much Lon Lon Milk.
I imagine his trailer being like K rools and banjo and kazooies, this time it’s money that hops past the room and banjo and kazooie are sleeping with the DK crew

Morgana J. Cat

Smash Apprentice

View attachment 232790

It trully is heartwarming to see Banjo and specially Conker with all the other Nintendo icons, guess Smash Brothers wouldn't really be the first time we see Conker the Squirrel in a Nintendo crossover, apparently. Thank you for sharing that.

Guess who got to be featured on the latest All-Stars Challengers vid?

Hey that's so cool, thanks for posting it here.
And congratulations Mr. Stevenson Mr. Stevenson for the epic short!

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
It trully is heartwarming to see Banjo and specially Conker with all the other Nintendo icons, guess Smash Brothers wouldn't really be the first time we see Conker the Squirrel in a Nintendo crossover, apparently. Thank you for sharing that.

Hey that's so cool, thanks for posting it here.
And congratulations Mr. Stevenson Mr. Stevenson for the epic short!
Sorry for the delayed reply, my cat has been really sick and unfortunately he didn’t make it, so this week has been really tough to handle for me.

Thank you for the kind words, I only did the sprites for the short.

Last edited:

Morgana J. Cat

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for the delayed reply, my cat has been really sick and unfortunately he didn’t make it, so this week has been really tough to handle for me.

Thank you for the kind words, I only did the sprites for the short.
Terribly sorry to hear that, I've actually been through that too, and it's always incredibly painful to say goodbye to our pets. You can PM me if you're feeling depressed whenever you want to. Don't forget that I'm also a cat.

Isn’t Conker little to young to be with Berri?
I remember hearing somewhere that he's 21, so I'd say no.
As for their heights, well that's a whole different story ;)

Last edited:

Cookies N Milk

Smash Apprentice
Terribly sorry to hear that, I've actually been through that too, and it's always incredibly painful to say goodbye to our pets. You can PM me if you're feeling depressed whenever you want to. Don't forget that I'm also a cat.

Chris said Conker is only 15 to 16

Klimax

Smash Ace
Dudes don't mind about being younger when the girl's hot :bluejump:

Problem with Conker is that many people would end up "oFfEnDeD"

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I've mentioned this before in this thread, but I'm going to do it again. Nobody takes Bad Fur Day seriously, obviously. But the developers actually made a really depressing story that you will only discover by trying to rationalize the game's craziness. Bad Fur Day teaches Conker about the dangers of greed and desire: they only lead to suffering. Unfortunately, he had to learn that the hardest way possible. Berri was only killed because Conker agreed to complete a mission that would make him a millionaire, a mission he didn't know was actually a trap to catch them.
Months late I know, but come on! That was definitely "an offer you can't refuse" scenario.

Weaso told him he might have a little job when they met again and Conker starts whining to indicate he doesn't wanna, so what does Weaso do? He repeats the sentence in a slower more menacing tone, then says take it or leave it. Conker's not dumb enough to fall for the "leave it" part, so he begrudgingly accepts. He got boxed in a corner.

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
Thank you so much for looking up to me, I really appreciate it :):). I think I'm ok now, every day that goes by seems a little less darker

Yeah, I'm afraid Chris Seavor confirmed in one of his tweets that Conker is a teen. I know this is practically as crazy as Mario being 24... oh wait...

Months late I know, but come on! That was definitely "an offer you can't refuse" scenario.

Weaso told him he might have a little job when they met again and Conker starts whining to indicate he doesn't wanna, so what does Weaso do? He repeats the sentence in a slower more menacing tone, then says take it or leave it. Conker's not dumb enough to fall for the "leave it" part, so he begrudgingly accepts. He got boxed in a corner.
Tho if he never went on the crazy money-grabbing adventure, he probably would have never lost Berri.

One more thing, I see that you're the owner of the Dixie thread.
Just out of curiosity, even tho Conker (unlike Banjo) is apparantly nowhere near as much of a competitor to Dixie when it comes to Smash, can you tell me how do you guys take him as?
I hope you don't mind, but I noticed some of you were kind of envious of Banjo-Kazooie (no offense).

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Honestly, age difference is far from the first thing people would notice in regards to BFD.

You don't notice the beer, talking poop, gore, or ladies with huge ****, no, you gotta be concerned about whether the wee squirrel lad's old enough to drink.

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
Honestly, age difference is far from the first thing people would notice in regards to BFD.

You don't notice the beer, talking poop, gore, or ladies with huge ****, no, you gotta be concerned about whether the wee squirrel lad's old enough to drink.
Uhm... It doesn't have anyhthing to do with the character being underage or overage, I think it's very clear to see that in my other reply, I only thought that the character looks older than what he was confirmed to be (just like Mario), THAT'S ALL!!!!!

Last edited:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Tho if he never went on the crazy money-grabbing adventure, he probably would have never lost Berri.

One more thing, I see that you're the owner of the Dixie thread.
Just out of curiosity, even tho Conker (unlike Banjo) is apparantly nowhere near as much of a competitor to Dixie when it comes to Smash, can you tell me how do you guys take him as?
I hope you don't mind, but I noticed some of you were kind of envious of Banjo-Kazooie (no offense).
Not offended; I personally adored Banjo (Tooie especially) and was the only kid allowed to play Conker when he came out so I was very fond of BFD; plus them being in Diddy Kong Racing made me like them before their games came out.

There's a lot of characters I like/love but I'm not active in their threads despite them being huge chunks of my childhood: Crash, Master Chief, Rayman, Raz, Sly, Banjo, Conker, etc. But despite that I'm very happy when the ones I'm fond of get confirmed, and ambivalent when characters IDC about do. In Banjo's case I was extremely happy; I shouted at work and changed the Dixie Thread's title to welcome him. So far he's the only character I'm buying from this wave of DLC; I don't hate the other characters but I've never played their games and they're outside of my tastes, but I'm not mad, I'm just not buying them.

I disagree with those who were salty about Banjo but I think they're free to vent their frustrations. It's a discussion they had that to me, didn't come off as toxic so I don't mind the conversation they were having. As for every Support Buddy's opinion on Conker, IDK what they think. You're better off posing the question in that thread, and if it gets toxic I'll jump in and end it. My educated guess about it is that he's not even on the radar.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It's likely that he's not a blip on the radar, the B-K thread barely focused on his existence at all (and moreso on fending off the pointless Steve feud) whenever TheBeastHimself TheBeastHimself wasn't involved, until BK got confirmed, so imagine the Dixie thread.

It's gonna be a long, hard, uphill battle for him.

Last edited:

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
Not offended; I personally adored Banjo (Tooie especially) and was the only kid allowed to play Conker when he came out so I was very fond of BFD; plus them being in Diddy Kong Racing made me like them before their games came out.

There's a lot of characters I like/love but I'm not active in their threads despite them being huge chunks of my childhood: Crash, Master Chief, Rayman, Raz, Sly, Banjo, Conker, etc. But despite that I'm very happy when the ones I'm fond of get confirmed, and ambivalent when characters IDC about do. In Banjo's case I was extremely happy; I shouted at work and changed the Dixie Thread's title to welcome him. So far he's the only character I'm buying from this wave of DLC; I don't hate the other characters but I've never played their games and they're outside of my tastes, but I'm not mad, I'm just not buying them.

I disagree with those who were salty about Banjo but I think they're free to vent their frustrations. It's a discussion they had that to me, didn't come off as toxic so I don't mind the conversation they were having. As for every Support Buddy's opinion on Conker, IDK what they think. You're better off posing the question in that thread, and if it gets toxic I'll jump in and end it. My educated guess about it is that he's not even on the radar.
Good. I only played a bit of the first Banjo Kazooie so far and, honestly, I personally was not very impressed, although I do like the characters.

Not gonna lie, I was kind of salty when I first saw BK being revealed, just for the idea of having Conker being left behind, since they’re both practically the faces of Rareware. But yeah, eventually I found that silly and moved on, nowadays I am glad they got in, and yeah, at least now Conker in Smash is more than just a pipe dream.

I never really understood why Conker lacks so much Smash support when compared to Banjo, many people keep saying that the content is the issue, but come on, we got freaking Bayonetta for Pete’s sake!!!
And yeah, I guess we all have to choose a side when we support a character, threads are kind of like kingdoms. The Conker thread... hum I mean kingdom still needs more warriors (supporters) and buildings (pages) to make the Great Mighty Conker on the radar of Smashboards.

Oh and thank you for the suggestion, I’ll think about it.

*sigh* I sure miss the Beast, he sure knew how to keep the thread in the running.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Good. I only played a bit of the first Banjo Kazooie so far and, honestly, I personally was not very impressed, although I do like the characters.

Not gonna lie, I was kind of salty when I first saw BK being revealed, just for the idea of having Conker being left behind, since they’re both practically the faces of Rareware. But yeah, eventually I found that silly and moved on, nowadays I am glad they got in, and yeah, at least now Conker in Smash is more than just a pipe dream.

I never really understood why Conker lacks so much Smash support when compared to Banjo, many people keep saying that the content is the issue, but come on, we got freaking Bayonetta for Pete’s sake!!!
And yeah, I guess we all have to choose a side when we support a character, threads are kind of like kingdoms. The Conker thread... hum I mean kingdom still needs more warriors (supporters) and buildings (pages) to make the Great Mighty Conker on the radar of Smashboards.

Oh and thank you for the suggestion, I’ll think about it.

*sigh* I sure miss the Beast, he sure knew how to keep the thread in the running.
I think you would probably like Banjo-Tooie more than Banjo-Kazooie because it has a much darker atmosphere and tone than the first game. Plus the worlds are twice as big than Kazooie's worlds and more of the Jiggys having more of a purpose or mission instead of just being on a platform or somewhere for you to just pick up.

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
I think you would probably like Banjo-Tooie more than Banjo-Kazooie because it has a much darker atmosphere and tone than the first game. Plus the worlds are twice as big than Kazooie's worlds and more of the Jiggys having more of a purpose or mission instead of just being on a platform or somewhere for you to just pick up.
A much darker atmosphere and tone you say, now I'm really curious. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look forward to it, but I guess I'll have to emulate it, cuz last time I checked, the game was a little too pricey.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
A much darker atmosphere and tone, you say, now I'm really curious. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look forward to it, but I guess I'll have to emulate it, cuz last time I checked, the game was a little too pricey.
You could buy Rare Replay and play it on that.

Edit: Literally. In just the first few minutes of the game, Gruntilda's sisters bring her back from the dead and the first thing she does is kill Bottles and blows up Banjo's house.

Last edited:

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
You could buy Rare Replay and play it on that.
Yeah, but the problem is that I own an N64 and not an Xbox one. And yeah, buying a console just to play one game (well, technically 30, but still) really isn't worth it.
What's funny is that I saw a lot people claiming they bough an Xbox one just to play Banjo Kazooie and Conker's Bad Fur Day.

Damn, why the hell didn't they port Rare Replay to the Switch (and added the DK games plus Star Fox Adventures) at E3 this year, I mean what a waste of an opportunity!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom