• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

9/27 SSBM Tournament - "How Many Cavemen Can Fit on a Sinking Ship?" Houston, TX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
I'd really like to come to this, but I don't have a ride =/
*starts asking around*

Also, have you considered changing the first match set up to the California Knockout system, BeBoBli? Its kinda nice.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
I updated the thread with a headcount.

I'm officially moving in to my new apartment tonight. Exciting! Speaking of excitement, I'm hoping I can still get some attention from anyone who hasn't completely burned themselves out from HOBO10 just finishing. I didn't get to talk to many people about it, but of those that were on the rope I'm hopeful for them to at least give it a shot!

The apartment we ended up with seems to be a bit smaller on the bottom floor, but I will make it work out. Even if it turns out 30+ people come and it becomes cramped I'll be highly considering a venue for next month.

That depends on a lot of factors, but I'll be rushing through the bracket if I can.
im sure it will ....its melee...ill prolly go

BeBoBli

Smash Cadet
*starts asking around*

Also, have you considered changing the first match set up to the California Knockout system, BeBoBli? Its kinda nice.
Next time. Let's go for simplicity. Besides it would be a bit of short notice to change the rules so suddenly.

theTofuG0d

Smash Cadet
What's the deal with Ike's Eye Hitting the shore Saturday morning? Although I strongly believe that there is no way in hell that Houston will ever get hit by a hurricane, will we just go anyways :) ?

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
Haha, I will be coming to this. Will I be entering? Who knows..... I'm not particularly fond of donating to a charity that supports something that's dead. : )

I kid, melee is good.

BTW, can anyone pick me up or wanna car pool?
I'd like to 3-4 stock you. So you should come. Also BeBOBliy(???) call meh....

Kal

Smash Champion
Kyle, I'll MM you at your tourney in SA. I can't be sure I'll go to this.

Are you talking about the thing where you each strike a stage until one is left? That would be fine, but there's an even number of random stages in Melee, so it would have to be modified (probably just have two left and do a coin flip), and there's only 6 stages, which makes it somewhat pointless. In Brawl, there were complaints about the first stage not being any good for one player, but I don't see that often in Melee. Most of the neutral stages are actually neutral.

Of course, we could do an easy California knockout thingy by not allowing one stage to be random. A choice between Yoshi's Story, Pokemon Stadium, and Fountain of Dreams. But doing that would probably just yield a lot of debate.

IMO, you should each just strike a stage, but make it so it's not able to be chosen for the first match, period. Not that whole "if you get it through random, you can reset, but if it's chosen again, too bad" system.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
What's the deal with Ike's Eye Hitting the shore Saturday morning? Although I strongly believe that there is no way in hell that Houston will ever get hit by a hurricane, will we just go anyways :) ?
yea, Ike might possibly make it's way down here by as early as Friday night, but even so I still want to attend my first H-town tourney ever, though now I am really hyped about October 4 since Mew2King might possibly show up.

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
you would get like, 2-3 melee matches (considering yall even get to play melee since allan doesn't allow any melee tv's until the brawl tourney is almost over, and consider m2k even wants to play melee) and they would last like a total of 2-3 minutes each, assuming he horribly ***** you. it's not worth it sonny, and m2k is a greasy nerd anyway. come to da tourney

MassofthePhoenix

Smash Cadet
*starts asking around*

hey seth i'm goin, if you want I can pick you up if you haven't found a ride yet

btw, anyone free to play tomorrow i need to get in some practice and I want to see people play i haven't gone against yet

Kal

Smash Champion
Is anyone from Austin going to this? I need a ride.

Stiltzskin

Smash Apprentice
So is Ike owning this tourney or what? Am I the only one who sees the irony in a hurricane, who just so happens to be named the same name as an exclusive Brawl character, causing the cancelling of a Melee tournament?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
So is Ike owning this tourney or what? Am I the only one who sees the irony in a hurricane, who just so happens to be named the same name as an exclusive Brawl character, causing the cancelling of a Melee tournament?
too bad Brawl doesn't (or Ike) have l-cancelling so...

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Hurricane ike will make landfall sat mornign around 8am. i HIGHLY doubt any of your are dumb enough to travel out in that weather. Its predicted that the wind may be at 135Mph. Not to mention, we are on the dirty side of the storm so that means tornados/hail.

lol

Ike is gonna 3 stock this sinking ship......

Kal

Smash Champion
Since it's a Melee tourney, it seems more appropriate to say Ike will 4 stock it, yeah?

BeBoBli

Smash Cadet
I'm going to post-pone it for next weekend. Hurricane Ike might just be a problem. It hasn't touched ground yet it seems so it's hard to predict. Also people that live more to the south are definitely going to have a problem making it here if I don't. Also a forced evacuation is being considered so I'd definitely not be able to hold it.

I wouldn't have been able to get all of this stuff unpacked properly anyways.

Bacn

Smash Rookie
Hurricane ike will make landfall sat mornign around 8am. i HIGHLY doubt any of your are dumb enough to travel out in that weather. Its predicted that the wind may be at 135Mph. Not to mention, we are on the dirty side of the storm so that means tornados/hail.

lol

"xyro" or TGM, lawl....if you dont like melee dont post, simple....tired of your childish attempts at bashing the melee scene

BeBoBli

Smash Cadet
I have officially decided on the event to be rescheduled on the 27th as I edited earlier on the original post. If you're itching real bad for any Melee action before this event I do suggest you go to Mosquito's event the 20th.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace

lol

It's ok, we'll still have a stock left. I'm going to go on the 27th. I need to fine tune my melee skills in the mean time, I'm way off. Who wants to stop by? Xyro? Stiltz? SideEffect?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
"xyro" or TGM, lawl....if you dont like melee dont post, simple....tired of your childish attempts at bashing the melee scene
there is no melee scene. Yall are a buch of minorities that cling to a game that is near death. Soon you will face and accept change, or you just wont play. Thats how it always goes.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
there is no melee scene. Yall are a buch of minorities that cling to a game that is near death. Soon you will face and accept change, or you just wont play. Thats how it always goes.
I don't think there is a melee scene, but it is still fun and more challenging to play. I play brawl because everyone else does, but you must accept that it is terrible on a competitive level. Afterall, the game was designed to combat some competitive attributes of gaming.

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
i'm hoping to play a good game as much as i can before being forced to switch to slower, more mayonaiised covered version. i know that it's dying but i don't care because brawl is horrible and i'll play melee as much as i possibly can before having to go to brawl

BeBoBli

Smash Cadet
Stop posting in this thread.

AustinRC

Smash Lord
1st place Ike

on another note, Zinth be quiet we didnt go into your Oklahoma thread after that kid shot everyone in a mall and was like lol what a camper. Stay in your own state holms lawl lawl.

The_Smash_Champ

Banned via Warnings
Um..obviously there is a melee scene... sorry xyro that is not filled with a bunch of scrubs that play a gay game, seriously why the hell would you play that game, it really sucks, if melee is a sinking ship then brawl might as well be a ship that sunk couple of months ago. If you really wana come in here and try to prove something your doing nothing but causing trouble and also proving our point that brawlers are scrubs and a bunch of tards who think that just because brawl is new and has pretty colors its better than melee. Sorry to dissapoint, but obviously new isnt always better, look at mario kart wii, its also crap, but more people play it. Brawl only seems good because it was hyped so much.

Basically GTFO before we go in your little stupid thread and post about how we think brawl is broken, slow, noob friendly, and worst of all not even competitive.

Yep... so how are the rest of the people in Houston? we just got power yesterday thankgod.

---Anyways im still coming so still be there expecting me :p

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Basically GTFO before we go in your little stupid thread and post about how we think brawl is broken, slow, noob friendly, and worst of all not even competitive.
I would heavily advise against doing so. He was already given infractions, don't join him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom