• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

9/27 SSBM Tournament - "How Many Cavemen Can Fit on a Sinking Ship?" Houston, TX

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeBoBli

Smash Cadet
whats with the tournament name??
The name is a parody of Alan/Xyro's labelling of the smash community as a bunch who "are behind the times" and are playing a game that equates to "a sinking ship". I'll probably change the name next time if this becomes a monthly or something due to everyone having to ask the meaning. Still, it's eye-catching!

Would housing on the day prior be possible? If so then I MIGHT be able to go.
Yes.

be bo how many set ups do you have?
4 TVs, 3 taken up by 2 melee setups and 1 reserved for Soul Calibur (I have 1-3, if someone wants to bring 4 go for it). So that leaves 1 that I think I'll hook the PS2 up for some Bemani or something. Everyone bring some setups! I'll be adding this to the original post now.

The_Smash_Champ

Banned via Warnings
Around how many people are attending? finally a melee tourny in Houston, those Brawl tournies make me sick :bee:
BAH! you live far, but im coming anyways, 1 hour drive, :ohwell: hope i dont get lost.
Hey im also bringing one more person so if your keeping count, count 2 for me then

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
hey giga i'll mm you 5$ 2/3

so ya i'm pretty excited about this, haven't been to a tourney in awhile. hope at least 20 show up

Kal

Smash Champion
Brawl's better because it has more characters, a stage builder, SSE, and they removed all the ****ty glitches in Melee, like Wavedashing and L-Canceling.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
Lets keep the drama in the Houston "Brawl"
thread, dont bring that mess here so we can get closed down///

AustinRC

Smash Lord
Sounds like fun I'll let the others know. Oh btw Ronnie I'm almost completely deaf and your blind? lol lets be team handicaped. <3

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
If people are just going to complain about brawl the whole time then I really don't want to go :/. I hate it when people talk about brawl while playing melee.

AustinRC

Smash Lord
Sorry I ceant hear you sideeffect anyway so what say you we team yay or nay?

BeBoBli

Smash Cadet
If people are just going to complain about brawl the whole time then I really don't want to go :/. I hate it when people talk about brawl while playing melee.
Don't worry, Brawl is welcome. I plan to have at least some Brawl friendlies being played. You're welcome to bring a setup yourself since my Wii has GPU problems and Nintendo wants to charge me a pretty penny due to this being the second repair.

And I just started to play Brawl again myself, I just happen to prefer Melee a lot more. People will have their own opinions as they always do. I wouldn't let it get to you.

The_Smash_Champ

Banned via Warnings
Brawl's better because it has more characters, a stage builder, SSE, and they removed all the ****ty glitches in Melee, like Wavedashing and L-Canceling.
Um Lol ?:laugh: Seriously Brawl is horrible, dont ever talk about that crap you people call a game again.
I am 100% anti brawl, if i had a choice betwen brawl and melee, it be melee.
If i had a choice betwen brawl and not playing, i rather not play, rather study than waste my time with a kids game.:ohwell:

-Sorry if i ofended anyone, just opinions.

theTofuG0d

Smash Cadet
I know it's been stated before but how 'bout we stay on track with the tournament rather than debate over Melee and Brawl. And Sideeffect, I'll give Roy your number since I haven't yet... X.X

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Um Lol ?:laugh: Seriously Brawl is horrible, dont ever talk about that crap you people call a game again.
Kal was being sarcastic--he actually hates Brawl. But I don't blame you for thinking the post was real, since compared to how most Brawl noobs post, Kal's was downright brilliant.

I can't promise that.

actually I don't really do it that much...

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Don't worry, Brawl is welcome. I plan to have at least some Brawl friendlies being played. You're welcome to bring a setup yourself since my Wii has GPU problems and Nintendo wants to charge me a pretty penny due to this being the second repair.

And I just started to play Brawl again myself, I just happen to prefer Melee a lot more. People will have their own opinions as they always do. I wouldn't let it get to you.
I don't even really want to play brawl there, I just hate hearing people complain about it while playing melee :/.

Kal

Smash Champion
Jordan, are you actually planning on driving to this? 'Cause I'm thinking of going, and I need a ride.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Jordan, are you actually planning on driving to this? 'Cause I'm thinking of going, and I need a ride.
Depends on how much money I make this weekend.

If I get first in singles and teams as well as win all my MM's I will make over $1000 easily and definitly go.

If I don't win anything I probably won't.

Kal

Smash Champion
Ok, well, I got my 2nd stick. Come over and play MvC2 some time, scrub.

theTofuG0d

Smash Cadet
My friend Baka and his friend Chris are planning to attend jus to add on to the head count list...thing...

The_Smash_Champ

Banned via Warnings
Um.... bump? ****it i just got sick yesterday, i think i should still attend though. Dont worry i wont cough on yal XD. :urg:

SideEffect

Smash Journeyman
lol

Yeah ARC, I'll probably be teaming with Mouf since he asked me a while back. So unless he gets severely sick/injured in the next 7 days I don't know what to tell ya.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Awesome, I'm 100% confirmed to come to this. Can't wait to play the Houston players that never made it to San Antonio tournaments, ya know, like the amazing Final Smash 1 and 2.

:cough: SideEffect :cough:

This will actually only be my second Houston tournament ever......... I haven't been to Houston since S EX 2.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
^ well it would have been nice to have been in San Antonio, but yes, this will actually be my first houston tourney as well, since like, i've never been to one (in Houston that is)

SideEffect

Smash Journeyman
KM I was going to go to FS 2 but my foot was asleep that day so I couldn't get up, I still regret that.

So yeah is anyone else coming from SA? Or and other OOC? I'm just curious.

Stiltzskin

Smash Apprentice
Haha, I will be coming to this. Will I be entering? Who knows..... I'm not particularly fond of donating to a charity that supports something that's dead. : )

I kid, melee is good.

BTW, can anyone pick me up or wanna car pool?

SideEffect

Smash Journeyman
Vince you have plenty of gas money ******* drive yourself >: )

if you really need a ride i could pick you up, or you could just spend the night at my house the day before

BeBoBli

Smash Cadet
I updated the thread with a headcount.

I'm officially moving in to my new apartment tonight. Exciting! Speaking of excitement, I'm hoping I can still get some attention from anyone who hasn't completely burned themselves out from HOBO10 just finishing. I didn't get to talk to many people about it, but of those that were on the rope I'm hopeful for them to at least give it a shot!

The apartment we ended up with seems to be a bit smaller on the bottom floor, but I will make it work out. Even if it turns out 30+ people come and it becomes cramped I'll be highly considering a venue for next month.

i belong at this tournament...will it end before nine pm i ask?
That depends on a lot of factors, but I'll be rushing through the bracket if I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom