• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

9/04/10 - WATO12 -Western Airlines Travel Occidentally -Feat M2K and Money Drama!!!

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
a setup = a tv, and a wii with brawl/melee

the more of these there are at the tourney, the faster the tourney will go

if boxington wants, i'll just run brawl. or print a bracket and tape it to the wall so people can see it. it shouldnt be THAT many people. hungrybox, just make sure your printer is working

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
thank you gdx.

yeah thats what a setup is, and if GDX runs brawl at the same time we'll def get done sooner..

The bracket on the wall idea worked quite well last WATO, lol.

I am housing for this as well. As most of you know, there will be carpooling to South Florida the following morning to Linguini's tournament.

Finch

Smash Lord
Well ****. If Colin is going to this then maybe I'll come with andy and whoever else I'm driving to SFL. idk yet.

Col Bol

Smash Champion
Ok so here's the deal

7 people from CFL want to go

Me
Finch
Andy
Juan
Aasem
Alvin
John

2 of those people have cars

Finch (5 seats)
Alvin (4 seats)

solution:

All 7 (minus juan) ride to Juan's on friday, and play in the tourney
In the morning, all 7 of us ride to linguini's and win

Linguini

Smash Master
Ok so here's the deal

All 7 (minus juan) ride to Juan's on friday, and play in the tourney
In the morning, all 7 of us ride to linguini's and win
Im not letting you off the hook this time buddy.
:embarrass

Happy New years!
Time to get ****ed uppppppppppppppp

AceDudeyeah

Smash Ace
The Force Is Strong With These Ones!!

^ That's from the dudes whose house I'm training with right now. They put that on through the laptop when I wasn't looking.
~AceDudeyeah
But hey, I agree.......?

Zoro

Smash Champion
calm down nub, there will be
Melee doubles then brawl doubles then melee singles then brawl singles

that should be how it goes so no one feels bored the ENTIRE day and we dont have to waste tvs on bored brawlers even though melee players are completely fine with all day brawl lol

DRD

Smash Lord
Man, I really want to go to this...But I won't know anyone there. I live in Winter Haven so it's like an hour drive so I'll probably get lost...but it'd be my first tournament!

Decisions decisions.....

If I do go I can bring 2 controllers and a cube

Pritch

Smash Lord
Hey box, if I drive over today can I crash on your floor?

Not entirely sure yet if I want to go to south fl, but if I do I can pitch in some gas and/or provide another set of wheels if neccesary.

*Edit* Also, for the mtg players over there. If I bring my cube along, could we find a reasonable number of people willing to draft from it? You don't have to buy packs, you just have to give me the cards back afterwards.

Mooney? Joetru?

Either way I'll probably bring a deck or 2 along.

Zoro

Smash Champion
obviously you are since you went to a brawl gigs but most brawl players stay faaaaaaaar way from melee tourneys.
(mooney)

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Man, I really want to go to this...But I won't know anyone there. I live in Winter Haven so it's like an hour drive so I'll probably get lost...but it'd be my first tournament!

Decisions decisions.....

If I do go I can bring 2 controllers and a cube
ill be there. you dont know me, but you messaged me saying youre from winter haven too. :laugh:

you cant catch a ride with me though, cause ill be in orlando all day today until tomorrow

*Edit* Also, for the mtg players over there. If I bring my cube along, could we find a reasonable number of people willing to draft from it? You don't have to buy packs, you just have to give me the cards back afterwards.

Mooney? Joetru?

i havnt played magic in so long. i still got like a folder of magic/pokemon loose cards and 2 decks for each game. I been trying to determine what to do with them. Any ideas?

obviously you are since you went to a brawl gigs but most brawl players stay faaaaaaaar way from melee tourneys.
(mooney)
lol, i admit i stay away from strictly melee tourneys.

Anonymous.

Smash Lord
Hey box, if I drive over today can I crash on your floor?

Not entirely sure yet if I want to go to south fl, but if I do I can pitch in some gas and/or provide another set of wheels if neccesary.

Mooney? Joetru?

I'll only draft RAV BLOCK

gay.

Pi

Smash Hero
Hmmm could I maybe come over tonight also? I can bring that Tv & wii over tonight as well
I'd just like to get lots of practice ^.^

Zoro

Smash Champion
ill be there. you dont know me, but you messaged me saying youre from winter haven too. :laugh:

you cant catch a ride with me though, cause ill be in orlando all day today until tomorrow

i havnt played magic in so long. i still got like a folder of magic/pokemon loose cards and 2 decks for each game. I been trying to determine what to do with them. Any ideas?

I think about you guys man!

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
when i said ill be in orlando tonight, i didnt mean at hbox house. in case anyone thought i was going there so they thought they could go too

zoro is the man

whats the best way to go about selling magic/pokemon cards? ive had this folder for like years and i really dont know what to do with it

Pritch

Smash Lord
Bring your stuff; if I come over (which I think I probably will) I'll take a look at it and see if I can give you some ideas. Ebay is generally the best way to go about unloading cards, though that assumes that you're familiar/comfortable with selling stuff that way and that you have cards that people would actually want to buy. Dealers will generally only give you about half value at best in my experience (usually somewhere between .25-.5 value).

Pokemon I have less of a clue about, though I assume that it goes basically the same as mtg just with lower values in general. And while I assume there's less demand since the game is less popular, I don't know how much of an actual effect that would have on someone's ability to move stuff.

I'll only draft RAV BLOCK
First of all, I know perfectly well that given the choice between (a) draft somthing that isn't rav block and (b) don't draft at all, most people who are seriously into the game would tend to go with the first choice. Especially when the draft doesn't actually cost anything (though if enough people were interested we could all kick in $5 so that the winner actually got somthing).

Second of all, cube drafting > rav block. Yeah, I went there.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Bring your stuff; if I come over (which I think I probably will) I'll take a look at it and see if I can give you some ideas. Ebay is generally the best way to go about unloading cards, though that assumes that you're familiar/comfortable with selling stuff that way and that you have cards that people would actually want to buy. Dealers will generally only give you about half value at best in my experience (usually somewhere between .25-.5 value).

Pokemon I have less of a clue about, though I assume that it goes basically the same as mtg just with lower values in general. And while I assume there's less demand since the game is less popular, I don't know how much of an actual effect that would have on someone's ability to move stuff.
i dont mind selling stuff online. ill bring my folder so you/mooney can take a look. you guys can tell me if i have anything worthwhile to sell :laugh:

Pritch

Smash Lord
Also, does anyone have a phone number that exarch can be reached at? PM me please if you do, since I don't know how he feels about getting his number posted up on open forums.

Top Bottom