• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

8Bitman's ARCADE ODYSSEY Tournament! CHECK 3/14/13 UPDATE! - March 30th, 2013 - Miami, Florida

Would you like Pictochat added to the Counterpick List?

• Yes

Votes: 21 45.7%
  • No, it's Pictochat

Votes: 25 54.3%

• Total voters

yos

Smash Cadet
yo ladde so rite :o
tampa zipping up miami :I

btw who da 2 ppl dat matter :o ? i prolly beat em inn tounrey :l

pesticide

Smash Lord
There a stream for this?

Edit: Whoops just noticed it near the top of the thread. Now i have something to do while I'm twiddling my thumbs at work lol. Good luck CFL!

8Bitman

Smash Master
Thanks for coming out to this everyone. I really appreciate Tampa coming out, you guys took a third of the attendance list easily.

This ran pretty smoothly. I appreciate all the help throughout the tourney. It was chaotic at first but it kinda ran itself through Singles. Thank you, and if you're ever interested in another, AO would be more than willing to allow me to host another.

The results thread has to wait a little, they need to send me the Links to the Brackets. But for those who did not attend. There were 18 Teams ($360 Pot) and there were 47 Singles entrants ($470 Pot).

SHAWDY

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShawdyLink
Thank you Brett for hosting this. There are just a few things I wanted to say.
1. Mampam you are ****ing awesome and we definitely need to MM next time I see you. Thanks for the nice words on Aib BTW :0
2. Great set GDX. We also need to MM next time I see you.
3. MVD thank you so much for the coaching and we NEED to MM for once. we have been to 3 of the same events so far and no luck lol.
4. Seibrik great games. Your MK is really good dude. Good MM and hope to see you soon.
5. Nick riddle it is always nice to see you bro. You hyped my pools matches way too much haha :)
6. Ryo it was so great to finally meet you. We never got to MM either but the friendlies were so much fun. Thanks for the support :)
7. Lad my homie great job on taking out Ryo and thanks for the ride!
8. Yos it was nice to meet you for the first time. Wifi doubles on skype are the ****ing best!
9. SSBB Daisy it was nice to finally meet you and good job getting out of pools. YOU SUCK!!!
10. Foxy nice Link. You should have used it in pools. Keep working on it because it has potential.
11. Red Halberd nice to meet you. Your MK is good and nice job in doubles with I believe Mampam???
EDIT: 12: GoofBall great friendlies dude. Your Peach is amazing! Nice meeting you
I think that about raps it up. For those that I forgot sorry about that and for those I mentioned great stuff.

The Triforce of Destruction will return!!!

True Blue

Smash Lord
Well this was fricken fantastic, had lot's of fun. Especially after getting knocked out and playing that weird japanese game with Funk and Ed. lol
Glad there was a tournament I was able to attend. So much hype! lol

Though if anyone has any replays of me I would like it if you guys can send it to me. Just PM me. Though I know the main Wii I played on was the one that was at TV 6. So whoevers Wii is that get back with me about it.

OverLade

Smash Hero
I think this may have been the hardest tourney FL's ever seen. Everyone is so ridiculously good now.

Shoutouts - In no particular order, though for some reason I'm numbering them...

0. C of the J dynasty - Bro thanks so much for everything. You really held it down for everything and I appreciate it so much. You're a great friend and a great mentor to everyone in Tampa.
1. Halzy Walzy Flame Based Masterchef King of FRESH - YO SON CALM DOWN YOU TOO HYPE
2. Mampagakonae - Good sheeee. Dubs was on point. You did work in singles. I'm proud of you bro T_T
3. Trumpington - WE STAY COOKIN OUT HERE. Never have I prepared such an expertly crafted meal because of someone. You're godlike nowwwww.
4. Le Ed54 - My mannnnssss. Great set, and we brought the hype as usual. You definitely put in a lot of work, the bracket wasn't very generous though =/
5. The Demon Child Yos - This child. KEEP ZIPPIN AND DIPPIN YOU'RE GETTIN THERE.
6. The prodigal son LJ - My sonnnnnnnnn. Good seeing you still on point after all this time. We're dragging you out to future events lol, count on it. #reversegrabs
7. The fluid movement ChozoX - Best Samus in... the world. We're gonna get that ZSS in shape though!
8. TripLexi - Lekkkkshhhiiiiiiii. Seeing a smiling face after a win or a loss really helped me keep mindset :D. I'm sorry about the thing that happened =/
9. James "Smooth Moves" "Lies" "Saltmasterflex" - My man it's all about mindset. You were playing really well, you just ran into stuff you weren't expecting. We'll work on other characters next fest <3
10. ZeldaMastaBlastaTimmington - Good to see you playing confidently! We'll definitely play a lot more Metaknight dittos/Snake etc and work on your weaker matchups!
11. Keith "Kiss the Ring" DX - Yooooo always a huge pleasure. You always bring the hype, mad laughs, and dangerous levels of blackness, and that's how it should always be.
12. Freestyle Masta Ryo Gochilldoe - Also always a huge pleasure. You have great insight into anything you discuss, and of course, the ratchetness is always fun. You would have had me if you hadn't gone delphino =/
13. Trash Talker extrordinaire and professional loudmouth Rick Niddle - This man steps in the door and it gets hype... and salty. From the moment you stepped on the scene outside you made me wanna win the tourney. Much respect (though you just mostly get lucky) and I look forward to our next set :D
14. Sea of Bricks... seriously, like an entire sea - Always a pleasure. Our sets are always great and you keep me motivated more than anyone else in FL. I got you this time, I'm going to make a habit of it ;). Till next time!
15. Rave Master Rasta Maven - Always great seeing you. Whenever you speak you have something incredibly intelligent to say, and conversation is always a pleasure. Definitely go in the lab and study the matchups that are giving you trouble. Till next time!
16. MUD/Myhairsmellslikeambrosia/Fsmashwhifferextrordinaire - LOL. You always bring that energy, I don't think there's anyone that'll make me hold that L harder if I lose so you keep me at my best. Seeya in winners finals next time?
17. Sniples - You mostly just looked cute in the background, but nice seeing you <3
18. DJ Jackson - Gettin hype over marvel was hype. And I respect that trashtalk. Def seeya in the mix soon.
19. Lazy Daizy - You're pretty cool :D. Your ICs are sick, you just need to not get zipped up by fraud snake players ;O Maybe I'll seeya in winners finals sometime in Gainesville?
20. Goofball - At first, I was like "Yo this guy talks so much **** I love it"... but then I was like "Wtf this guy is godlike HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?". Looks like we're gonna have to play soon ;)
21. Solo Dolo THE OTHER PRODIGAL SON - Yoooo I'm so glad you came back to Smash. So nostalgic hanging out and just being silly lol. Great stuff, you're Meta is really sick nowdays!
22. Pretty Boy Dylan "The Pretty Boy named Dylan" - Haha I feel like we somehow know each other really well. You're always cool to hang out with and good set. You're a really smart player you just need more experience and probably counterpick characters lol.
23. True Blue man of the blue man group - Haha pretty good set. You're a pretty funny guy. I guess you're alright ;)
24. GMIZZLE OF GAINESVILLE AND THE GS - Bro sometimes I wonder if you're a real person or like a figment of my imagination that appears to spread randomly deep insight into life's mysteries. Nice seeing you come through, always a pleasure.
25. X-justice - Nice meeting you. Sick samus.
26. That one Link Player who's really good - Keep improving dude, nice meetin ya!
27. Gog - I didn't really get to meet you, but good looks comin out! Maybe we'll play sometime!
28. Anyone I missed - I'm running on 1 and a half hours of sleep, so forgive me, though you probably just weren't cute enough.

So yeah... I guess I'm like... back to brawl or something.

Master Raven

Smash Master
great tourney. I feel that the future prospects for SFL Brawl are looking good after going to this and Flippers. You guys just gotta keep hosting consistently.

oh and Anubis sucks. Convince me that you can't just time that team comp out.

True Blue

Smash Lord
@Seibrik: Hopefully it is cause then I will just come over one day when you are free and get them off ya.

@Raven: I think Anubis works better with Sonic and Lucario. lol.

@Shaky: Yea cause his vision is blurred with nothing but salt when he looks at you. lol

OverLade

Smash Hero
I guess I wasn't cute enough for Lade :(
NUUUUUUUUUUU HOW DID I FORGET YOUUUUUUUU

-1. That dude who beat me 3 times - First off, it's always a pleasure seeing you. We had great sets and I'm only salty because I had to play you in losers finals instead of grand haha. You're the best player in FL in my opinion and I have much respect. But next time Ness.dll will be 75% complete. I look forward to it :D

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
You won't even make it out of Pools
THIS ****IN GUY LOLOLOLOL SCUMBAG 8BIT

edit: but yea, people know how i feel about them

mampam you're just loud and i joke w/ you; we cool but i hate basically every char. you play

really.... i'm a wario so i just hate just about every character and everything/one

Lies = yay Wari-bro

Mvd lol

NickRiddle, thanks

SHAWDY

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShawdyLink
Whoever's Wii that was set up for pool 2 can you send me the matches of me and Mampam? It is the Link vs Diddy Kong games. There were 3 of them. I wanted to watch them so I can see what I did wrong and hopefully learn from them.
BTW who were the top 4 or 5 players for this tournament?

Master Raven

Smash Master
Top 5 was Shaky/Nick Riddle (split), Redhalberd, Seibrik, and MVD and Mampam.

Also, speaking of videos, can we actually ****ing upload them for once?

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I think this tournament would have been even better had I made my grand entrance. I'm sorry I couldn't go and meet my fellas from AiB (even the dirty bird Yossy if he went).

I'll be looking over the streams some time, if they're around

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
2. Great set GDX. We also need to MM next time I see you.
1. I quit this game after Apex 2013. Only came to this cause it was at an arcade/I wasnt able to go to Final Round
2. Even when I did play, I'm not the MMing type

Sorry bro

Edit: also, shoutouts to my boy James for doing dubs with me, which allowed me to do the one thing I'm good at in brawl

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
Had so much fun at this

Shoutouts to Hershey for being adorable.

Shoutout to Nick Riddle and his family for buying Jacksonville donuts which I wanted to keep shoving in my face.

Shoutouts to the 3 cats. I just love animals.

Shoutouts to my wallet for taking a huge ******.

Shoutouts to Miami being so far from Jacksonville.

Shoutouts again to Nick Riddle for being so patient with Jacksonville. We came back to his house really late and did it again when the tournament was over.

Shoutouts to GOG(thank you for that jerkey), Weegee, Shawdy and everyone from AIB that I have never met. Was fun to meet you all.

Shoutouts to Snake for molesting me all through out the bracket.

Shoutouts to Ricky (Goofball) for beating Yoss. Deep fried that bird, extra crispy!

Shoutouts to everyone.

Top Bottom