• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

818 Smashers.

Potliver

Smash Rookie
im from glendale/burbank area my aim is orpxo msg me any time if you want a match.

Me and a group of friends of mine are looking to do tourneys for cash or for fun pm or aim me any info on tourneys and matches at Brawl!

I would love to see a weekly brawl tourny where everyone puts like 5-20 bucks winner take all or something.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
im from glendale/burbank area my aim is orpxo msg me any time if you want a match.

Me and a group of friends of mine are looking to do tourneys for cash or for fun pm or aim me any info on tourneys and matches at Brawl!

I would love to see a weekly brawl tourny where everyone puts like 5-20 bucks winner take all or something.
if you want to play for money, i'm willing to money match you and your friends for $3+ each? that sounds pretty fun, i like playing new people.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
weekley tournaments wouldn't work well, since everntually they'll just become any other tournament that you could just not go to because the same thing will happen next week, but i mean i'm down to play often, just tournaments wouldn't be that weeklies wouldn't be too much of a good idea since they'll be blown off.

wtZzz

Smash Apprentice
Hey I am wtZzz, leader of wtclan.com

I live in Santa Clarita, CA, now, just north of san fernando

id be down to come to some events of yours

also, my organization plans on holding open play nights and cash tournaments in so cal, ill keep you updated on those

AIM = Zzzfilesk1

2syk

Smash Rookie
hey i'm really trying to improve my game, but the transition from traditional fighters like street fighter and guilty gear is proving to be more difficult than i predicted. I can execute many high level techs. Execution is not my problem. I am so not used to the physics and such of smash. I continuously find myself edgegaurding and i'll jump and predict that they will be in one place but they are no where near that. When they are below the stage this is no problem, but above that feels weird to me. Also I am not used to the shield/grab/jab rock paper scissors. I'm more used to high/low/karathrow from 3s. Is there anyway that you guys can think of to help me improve? Would grabbing friend codes and heading online be the best way? Or should i record my matches and post them up for critique? I would love to attend some smash sessions with higher level players ( i wouldn't mind if i didn't play just if i could view matches and ask questions afterwards). But anything would be helpful.
<--- smash n00b advancing

practice_mAn

Smash Journeyman
hey i'm really trying to improve my game, but the transition from traditional fighters like street fighter and guilty gear is proving to be more difficult than i predicted. I can execute many high level techs. Execution is not my problem. I am so not used to the physics and such of smash. I continuously find myself edgegaurding and i'll jump and predict that they will be in one place but they are no where near that. When they are below the stage this is no problem, but above that feels weird to me. Also I am not used to the shield/grab/jab rock paper scissors. I'm more used to high/low/karathrow from 3s. Is there anyway that you guys can think of to help me improve? Would grabbing friend codes and heading online be the best way? Or should i record my matches and post them up for critique? I would love to attend some smash sessions with higher level players ( i wouldn't mind if i didn't play just if i could view matches and ask questions afterwards). But anything would be helpful.
<--- smash n00b advancing
lol kara throw! **** I used to play 3S and I gave up because I never had a ride to the family fun arcade. I could help you out, I live in North Glendale, but Im gonna get my brawl soon, till then my friend 3 blocks away always pwns with me

J.Shadows

Smash Champion
Hey I am wtZzz, leader of wtclan.com

I live in Santa Clarita, CA, now, just north of san fernando

id be down to come to some events of yours

also, my organization plans on holding open play nights and cash tournaments in so cal, ill keep you updated on those

AIM = Zzzfilesk1

i go to Santa Clarita a lot to visit my gf maybe one day we can play

Atlus8

Smash Master
Alright, smashfest is going to take place tomorrow at pats! You guys can start showing up tomorrow after 12:00 pm

My cell: 818-268-4377 (if I work tomorrow, then call pat's cell!!!)
Pat's cell: 818-642-3981

This is NOT my house!
Pat's rules:
-Stay away from parent's room
-No drugs or alcohol

Also, there are only three tvs availabe, so people are either gonna have to be patient to wait their turn or bring their own.

PAT has NOT played Brawl!!! So, can somebody bring a Wii?!

address:
9800 Sepulveda apt. 14 North Hills CA

Edit: BYOPAB ( Bring Your Own Pillow And Blanket because I don't think there are going to be enough to go around.)

If u wanna eat, then there is Carl's, Subway, Pollo Loco, Baskin Robins, Los Tres Hermanos (Mexican Resturant), and Lucky's Donuts down the street! Oh . . . and there is a Mc'D

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
im not 818, but im about 20 minutes away (if you know where moorpark is I'm there) but im willing to drive out a bit for some smash. if anyone wants to see a good dk, send me a message, pm me or use aim. my aim is srsuied

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
I have this horrible feeling I missed something. Northridge/Porter ranch smasher here. I would like to play some others in the area to improve my skills. Message me to let me know when stuff is or if you would like a game sometime! (AIM= Royalgriffin123)

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
i hope you guys are all talking about melee.
Haha, I wish. I never really put forth the time and effort to be truly good at melee. I really do wish that I could have been there through "the good old days" haha

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
I don't know if anythings going on tomorrow, but saturday I'm putting together a local one with ultra luigi and a couple of 805 smashers if you wanna come

if anyones interested, pm me

wtZzz

Smash Apprentice
Hey I can provide my game and Wii, and more than likely some rides, I would love to attend a smashfest

i live in santa clarita, just north of san fernando, and I can play ANY day of the week

i cant host one at my house though...bummer, but i can help with setups or whatever

and I only play Brawl, not melee. Brawl is the future

AIM = Zzzfilesk1

Atlus8

Smash Master
Unfortunately, Pat won't be hosting at his house for a while since he's going to be busy all this month. However, we're planning on hosting a tournament in the future. Melee tournament! Keep that Brawl s#!+ out of the house.

channlsrfr

Smash Apprentice
I seriously want a Smashfest on Friday, too. I'm 310, but I'm willing to go to 818 for sure. If anyone else is desperate enough (like me) I can fit some people into my apartment ... but I'll go find a 310 thread for that.

(Melee)

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
i'm playing brawl tonight with a bunch of guys in glendale, including hugs.

But if someones down to hold some Melee tomorrow night, mango and lucky can probably come too.

S2

Smash Lord
Hey everyone,

I just moved to Glendale, so I'm look forward to some tourney's since the drive isn't as drastic as it used to be (formally UCSB).

Patiently waiting to get my *** handed to me by certain players, you know who you are.

Top Bottom