• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I agree, not just because I'm a huge fan of Snake in Brawl/PM and MGS in general, but because Snake is so aesthetically unique in Smash and fills a niche playstyle-wise we don't have.

Plus I miss David Hayter so goddamn much. Snake would be almost as hype for me as K. Rool or Banjo.

I only expect Wolf if they want to pad the roster (which is whatever) or Ice Climbers if somehow Sakurai figured out how to include them. I wouldn't expect him to charge for them, if he did.
If you think they won't make ice climbers paid dlc prepared to be wrong.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
To be honest and this might sound really awful but they're probably one of the only characters I wouldn't buy.

Was always just...iffy on them. But yeah, he'd def charge for them, none of the DLC like this in Smash is free, and I'd understand pricing them too to make up for all the work integrating them into 8 player smash would be lol. I just wouldn't buy it!

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
To be honest and this might sound really awful but they're probably one of the only characters I wouldn't buy.

Was always just...iffy on them. But yeah, he'd def charge for them, none of the DLC like this in Smash is free, and I'd understand pricing them too to make up for all the work integrating them into 8 player smash would be lol. I just wouldn't buy it!
Ice Climbers would suck but I'd still buy them.

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
Ice Climbers would suck but I'd still buy them.
Oh I don't buy based on like, viability. I just never saw the appeal in them. All of the other DLC chars were characters I wouldn't mind seeing back or actively enjoyed.

all the memories of ICs I have were being annoying, gimmicky, and nobody remembered they were in the game come Brawl with my circle of friends. I'm not exactly marketable when it comes to ICs.

ToonAdri

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Toonadri
What if they reveal Slime from Dragon Quest in Tuesday? yeah its a little unlikely.
But we can have another RYU/MEGAMAN thing again.
Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy are both all-star franchises with over 60 million sales,and all DQ main games are in nintendo consoles,plus DQXI is coming to NX,and slime is requested in japan.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
What if they reveal Slime from Dragon Quest in Tuesday? yeah its a little unlikely.
But we can have another RYU/MEGAMAN thing again.
Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy are both all-star franchises with over 60 million sales,and all DQ main games are in nintendo consoles,plus DQXI is coming to NX,and slime is requested in japan.
Slime and Bomberman are my 2 most wanted but only the latter really has a chance.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I've given up on trying to predict Sakurai. After he revealed Cloud, it became clear (even more clear than it already was) that Sakurai is more than capable of throwing curveballs whenever he feels like it. You can come up with all the predictions you want, but nobody can predict this man.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
I really liked Wolf, so if he came back I would really enjoy that. But if I could only choose newcomers besides Cloud, Knuckles and Isaac would be my jam.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Anything else right now would just be icing on the cake for me. I'm hoping we get a couple of new characters to derp around with, but I've come to terms with being ok with just it being Cloud at this point.

Smooth Criminal

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
Anything else right now would just be icing on the cake for me. I'm hoping we get a couple of new characters to derp around with, but I've come to terms with being ok with just it being Cloud at this point.

Smooth Criminal
This is kinda me too, but I feel like we're getting at least one more. Wouldn't be a big stream for just Cloud, methinks. If Cloud was the end we would've gotten a release date and a parting message.

Tomorrow can't come fast enough.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
I do not know what to expect for DLC characters. I think King K.Rool could be DLC. Wolf could be possible too.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm prepared to be wrong any time I make statements that are even remotely absolute towards Sakurai, which is also why I think it's foolish to count Snake out until it's all over. However!

He's smart when it comes to DLC, and so far any content that was stated as planned for the initial launch was free. Sakurai has already said he absolutely despises on-disc DLC, and since he's already said the Ice Climbers worked fine on the Wii U, I can't see him charging Wii U owners, at the very least.

If Nintendo demands there be some profit from them, they could be at a reduced price, or bundled with a stage where you only pay for the stage, but I can't see them following the same pay model as everything else.

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
I know most of us are only being half serious about it, but I really don't want Scorpion anywhere near my Smash.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I know most of us are only being half serious about it, but I really don't want Scorpion anywhere near my Smash.
If Bayonetta can't get in for being too mature, there's no way Scorpion's getting in.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
If Tifa, Terra, Aerith, Anna, or Impa get in, I'm leaving you all for a waifu. :p

Maybe not since none of the DLC characters thus far seemed interesting to me. I didn't play or care much about Mewtwo and Lucas in past games, Roy seems okay, and Ryu doesn't appeal to me compared to Charlie, Sagat, C. Viper, Juri, or Laura and out of them, Sagat's the only one with a "real" chance of entering outside of Chun Li and maybe Ken, Cammy, Bison, and Guile. Cloud was the first one to get me interested and he's a character I never had a connection with outside of Final Fantasy as a whole and the Kingdom Hearts games. The others I at least played in Smash or in their own game which is Street Fighter IV for Ryu or a game related to them like Blazing Sword for Roy and Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom also for Ryu (and Mega Man since he was in the previous ones). Even the newcomers didn't have much since I never played Uprising during Smash 4's development and Robin and Lucina didn't really interest me compared to other Awakening characters and especially since Lucina ended up as a Marth clone. Yay, my Smash 4 life story. :p

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I don't think Mortal Kombat would really strike Sakurai as appealing for Smash. MGS and FF7 are serious games with serious themes but a ton of humor and worldwide appeal. MK is, as far as I remember, largely a Western franchise at this point. (Isn't Netherrealm an American company?)

Either way, I don't see it happening, ever. I think we'd get Jin from Tekken before we got any mention of MK at all.

I'm not gonna make specific predictions, though my sigs and comments about Snake show who I'd really be hype for, but I'd expect a veteran and a couple newcomers at most. 3 is my generous expectation, might just be 2 characters. Then again, it could be anything, so I basically said nothing, haha.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
MK is humorous, Banjodorf. The series' trademark ultraviolence was always meant to be kind of a joke in and of itself, not to mention all of the b-side trappings of action and horror.

Still, you're right on other counts.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Hanku Hirru

Bringing the Propane
NNID
Dirk_Tan
If there's any other giant sword wielding bad ass whom I'd love to see in Smash, it'd be this dude, even if he is incredibly serious in comparison to Smash's playfulness.

Plus, the Dragonslayer makes the Buster Sword look small in comparison.

Inb4 "durr Ike clone".

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
If there's any other giant sword wielding bad *** whom I'd love to see in Smash, it'd be this dude, even if he is incredibly serious in comparison to Smash's playfulness.

Inb4 "durr Ike clone".

"Durr Ike clone"
But seriously, that poor guy has seen some stuff.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
If there's any other giant sword wielding bad *** whom I'd love to see in Smash, it'd be this dude, even if he is incredibly serious in comparison to Smash's playfulness.

Inb4 "durr Ike clone".

"Durr Ike clone"
But seriously, that poor guy has seen some stuff.
Technically Ike is a Guts clone.

He's just PG Guts with less of a horrific backstory and people don't assume he's gay because of a bad support with his best friend

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
If Isaac is revealed tomorrow there's gonna be a lot of smash fans complaining about another swordsman.

Hanku Hirru

Bringing the Propane
NNID
Dirk_Tan
Champ Gold Champ Gold : It's pretty obvious Ike's character design borrows fairly liberally from Guts' design, particularly beefy Smash 4 Ike.

Regardless, Guts could make a fairly competent character -- huge range with his sword, ample projectile usage, and dat Berserker Armor. He'd be the most violent character...but an awesome addition.

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Just sold an ultra rare trading card for 90 bucks on ebay, so it looks like my dlc is paid for :D

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Should we start the group PM right now or should we wait more?

Top Bottom