• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

Gimmick

Smash Ace
I love how people think that the music from the FF7 remake is now...
I don't know... I mean it's not exactly common knowledge, but it just makes me laugh for some reason.

Also, this kind of brings up a concern of mine. Do you guys think they'll just reuse music from past games? IMO, it'd be pretty lame if all the music was just ripped.

Also, this has to be one of my least favorite tracks in FF history.

D

Deleted member

Hey...
I didn't mention this before, but in my FF7 playthrough, I am now outside of Midgar (right after the Crazy Motorcycle Chase). I was wondering, when will I be able to get Yuffie and Vincent? I want to get them before the end of disk one.

Also, this kind of brings up a concern of mine. Do you guys think they'll just reuse music from past games? IMO, it'd be pretty lame if all the music was just ripped.

Also, this has to be one of my least favorite tracks in FF history.
I think that there is a chance that they will reuse songs, but it would be a shame if they didn't create remixes. I'm sure that they will remix some FF7 tracks.

EDIT: Oh, are you talking about the remake? And not Smash? I bet they will update the songs. It would be weird if they remake the whole game but not the soundtrack.

Last edited by a moderator:

Moorthen

Smash Apprentice
The game will have brand new tracks. There's no way that they are just going to reuse old ones. Especially since the vast majority of FF7's soundtrack doesn't have updated versions. I bet the entire soundtrack will be new.

Unless you're talking about the Midgar stage in Smash. In that case, My B. That will probably have 2 remixes tops. The rest ripped.

Last edited:

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
It's going down. If nobody wants to get spoiled, I really recommend getting off the internet.
I agree. Unfortunately for me, I'll be on the internet all night out of boredom. I likely won't be able to miss the leaks waiting for 5pm ET because I'll be looking to download Cloud the minute he hits the eShop

Last edited:

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
Gonna see all you ladies tomorrow. I dont wanna any chances of being spoiled. Stormfury out. See you guys tomorrow!

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
Ladies and Gents... I got a contract to blow a reactor tomorrow (work, ya know). Please for the love of Gaia, if Cloud comes out and I'm not around... use him twice as hard for me. That's all I ask.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Silly request since the servers will crap out when everyone sucks him up to play him for 20 minutes before people make informed decisions.

They really should be having the Direct in the morning. I'm gonna be so excited for the Eshop servers being down in the evening.

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
Ladies and Gents... I got a contract to blow a reactor tomorrow (work, ya know). Please for the love of Gaia, if Cloud comes out and I'm not around... use him twice as hard for me. That's all I ask.
I won't be busy tomorrow so I myself will use him as hard as possible.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
"The reunion at hand may bring joy... it may bring fear. But let us embrace whatever it brings. For they are coming back. At last, the promise has been made."

Haven't those leakers heard the saying "silence is gold"? And thank god this was after Cloud's reveal.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

(hey if you guys can post text boxes from games to show your hype then dang it so can i)

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
I won't be able to sleep, so I'm gonna go play Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix and Smash until I can fall asleep. I'll see you guys tomorrow!

ArcanaXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArcanaXIII
Seems like nothing big came out of data mining. It's probably safe to assume no major leaks are going to happen since it's been a few hours since it started.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Seems like nothing big came out of data mining. It's probably safe to assume no major leaks are going to happen since it's been a few hours since it started.
And then we end up having a stage revealed set in a sewer with water running everywhere. Major leak in my opinion. :p

D

Deleted member

I'm glad that Cloud's Classic Mode victory video was leaked. It shows that Cloud is complete and that he will be released after the Direct.

I'm also glad that nothing major has been leaked... yet.

i might be missing the point but isnt that just kalos?
Well yes, but that Kalos stage is literally leaking water. :p

SSJ X Cloud Strife

Smash Rookie
Maybe it's cause I've been watching the Maximillian break downs on FF7 remake, but Cloud's release just can't come any sooner!
And neither can that game too!

Sonic:4sonic:, Toon Link:4tlink:, Pikachu:4pikachu:... you guys have served me well up until this point, but once Cloud:4cloud:arrives, ya'll gonna have to take a backseat for a bit. :grin:

So HYPED for this release!:joyful:
Has it been confirmed that he is being released directly after Direct or is it just speculation?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
What about Wolf though? Sure, his unique, but his still a clone.
Calling him a clone is kind of an exaggeration, don't you think?

Young Link can easily be just as unique. I know his chances are extremely low, but it's not non existent.
:4tlink:

I mean, we can still can him a semi clone, given that at least his Special moves are based of Fox's.
Yes, they ARE based on Fox's specials, but they are too different in function and properties to even call him semi-clone;
  • His Blaster is much slower and has so much less range, but has more damage, hitstun and is much bigger in size, allowing you to even hit crouching opponents with it. Also, the gun has a hitbox.
  • Wolf Flash is diagonal, has a meteor sweetspot and instead of making it shorter, pressing B again makes it fully horizontal at the cost of losing the sweetspot. Considering that Fox and Falco lost their ability to shorten their side specials, I'm not sure if Wolf would keep the property or lose it as well.
  • Fire Wolf is a multi-hit with much less startup, but the startup itself has no hitboxes. Also, there's no fire in that one, with the name simply being a play on words because he "fires" himself.
  • Reflector does NOT slow down his fall and does not make a reflected projectile stronger, but instead makes it nearly twice as fast. It also has some invincibility frame before the Reflector comes out, making it some sort of counter as well.
Sure, Fox was a main inspiration, but the differences are more than large enough to make "semi-clone" an exaggeration.

Yeah, I am sorry about that. I too personally don't like calling Wolf a clone given how unqine his play style is (even if he does still share some moves with Fox). I only say he is a Fox clone is because he most likely ioriginated as a Fox clone and had changes made to him to make him much more unique, which could just as easily happen for Young Link.
Every single move but his specials are completely unique to him (although dash attack is likely based on Fox's up smash)

Young Link would be interesting, but we already have two Links...

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Calling him a clone is kind of an exaggeration, don't you think?

:4tlink:

Yes, they ARE based on Fox's specials, but they are too different in function and properties to even call him semi-clone;
  • His Blaster is much slower and has so much less range, but has more damage, hitstun and is much bigger in size, allowing you to even hit crouching opponents with it. Also, the gun has a hitbox.
  • Wolf Flash is diagonal, has a meteor sweetspot and instead of making it shorter, pressing B again makes it fully horizontal at the cost of losing the sweetspot. Considering that Fox and Falco lost their ability to shorten their side specials, I'm not sure if Wolf would keep the property or lose it as well.
  • Fire Wolf is a multi-hit with much less startup, but the startup itself has no hitboxes. Also, there's no fire in that one, with the name simply being a play on words because he "fires" himself.
  • Reflector does NOT slow down his fall and does not make a reflected projectile stronger, but instead makes it nearly twice as fast. It also has some invincibility frame before the Reflector comes out, making it some sort of counter as well.
Sure, Fox was a main inspiration, but the differences are more than large enough to make "semi-clone" an exaggeration.

Every single move but his specials are completely unique to him (although dash attack is likely based on Fox's up smash)

Young Link would be interesting, but we already have two Links...
In before he says "and 3 marths and 2 foxes".

Top Bottom