• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Social thread for all things Cloud, for his fans and mains. A huge victory was won today.

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
This was the most hype thing ever. Double so because of the lack of leaks. By the looks of it, I think he'd fit well as a second character for me... and I hope it turns out that way.

Also, the move that seems to be his dash attack looks crazy good. He might have the lowest profile of any dash attack in the game.

PlayfulMushroom

Smash Apprentice
I feel bad for not supporting Cloud more than I did, as he was one of my most wanted characters (along with Isaac) since Melee. But his inclusion just seemed so unrealistic, so I thought nothing of it.

However this is absolutely mind blowing. Unbelivable. I can't do nothing but thank Sakurai for this.

BackwardCap

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1822-0407-6208
His character model looks unfinished so he's probably still in development, hence no released date.

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
This is surreal. Even though Final Fantasy 7 is one of my favourite games, I still thought Cloud had absolutely 0 chance. The trailer broke me.

You gotta love that final battle homage with Ike at the end of the trailer. They did such a good job recreating that scene.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
So is this the Dissidia Hype thread now

Khao

Smash Lord
Congratulations, guys.

Not much of a Final Fantasy fan, but I'm always excited to see more characters. Original newcomers especially. Cloud looks like a lot of fun, and I'm glad he's yet another newcomer with an original twist to his moveset.

What gets me more hyped than anything, is that we actually saw a ton of gameplay footage. Meaning that this guy has been in development for quite some time by now. Meaning that this has absolutely nothing to do with the ballot. Meaning that we still have to see ballot characters. Also meaning that they don't actually even need ballots to make new characters. Meaning that holy **** there's still probably a ton of characters coming in the future and this is insane.

berserker00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Berserker10
3DS FC
1220-7875-3865
Switch FC
6493 3764 6404
Wow Smashboards does work fast. A board and social thread maybe an hour after the release of the trailer lol

Can't wait to pick him up. His range looks lacking for a 5'7" sword though. Otherwise, he looks pretty exciting :)

Last edited:

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
I'm in. He looks like a fun character and I have very fond memories of FF7, so will definitely be picking him up.

Random4811

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Random4811
3DS FC
3093-7532-1720
I hope FFVII comes to the Wii U, because I've been curious about the game for a long time now.
Its on steam, and it could literally run on a toaster. You should be able to run it there if you're truly curious. :D

ArcanaXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArcanaXIII
I'm gonna add him under my belt. good or bad character, it don't matter. Too much of an FF fan to NOT play him.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Quick question to all you folks who actually know a thing about Final Fantasy
Who's the badass with the better hair, spiky sword and coat used for Cloud's Alt. Costume?
Is that still Cloud or is that another guy? :4pacman:

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
Quoting from the guys thread.
The Drilling Juggernaut said:
I went looking for one to give the people in the thread a nice congratulations and read the raw jubilation, but none popped up. It doesn't look like there was ever a Cloud thread; literally no one saw this coming.

Personally, I am way more excited for the December Smash Direct then Cloud. The only effect Cloud has on me is that the doors are wide open for nearly anyone to be added. *insert Goku joke here.*
I found a thread but it got locked pretty damn quickly because we just can't have nice things.

I hope FFVII comes to the Wii U, because I've been curious about the game for a long time now.
Remake on NX maybe?

Who's the badass with the better hair, spiky sword and coat used for Cloud's Alt. Costume?
Cloud's attire from the Advent Children movie. Also wore it in Kingdom Hearts 2.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
That's his Advent Children costume.

Kero the Invincible

Smash Apprentice
Even though Final Fantasy 7 is one of my favourite games, I still thought Cloud has absolutely 0 chance.
Hey, that's a good idea. I should go digging in that "Rate their Chances" thread and see what they had to say about Cloud.

EDIT: Wow. He was never even nominated. A mega-thread full of ridiculous speculation, and the idea of Cloud being playable was never even considered a possibility..

Last edited:

Elin

Your face is strange... Is it always like that?
NNID
ShinySilverEevee
3DS FC
5301-1189-1305
Never in my life did I think this would happen.

Congrats, Cloud supporters, you've earned this.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
What world is this?! Millions of fanboys who thought their dream was unrealistic just witnessed history.

Holy ****. Sakurai, you crazy ************.

Totally picking him up.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I never thought I would see the day. Cloud from Final Fantasy VII actually got in! I remember so many people were requesting for Cloud way back in 2002-2007 on the old Nsider forums but I didn't support him then. I was too busy with my Duck Hunt Dog propaganda. :4duckhunt:

I am so so so happy that we finally got a character that was not leaked... he is one of the few characters who were not leaked. :rosalina::4lucina::4robinm: I was genuinely surprised when I saw the trailer. I am so hyped that we finally have Final Fantasy in Smash!!

I never knew I wanted Cloud in Smash. My goodness!!

Comet Shrine

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PurinPro
3DS FC
3539-8838-3028
Was told by friends about this, didn't believe it until I saw it for myself.
Well played, wanna see how this'll affect the meta.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Better then Lightning. All I gotta say. But we have our first 2hander Sword user. Sorry Ike.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Well, since Cloud is in Smash
He gets an Amiibo
And that means Cloud in Mario Maker
So
That's pretty damn neat

FalconXD

Smash Cadet
NNID
ItalianFalcon
In the trailer, on Town and City Cloud hit a balloon carrying cake for Villager. Cloud did a favor for a Villager. Sakurai put a sidequest reference in his reveal trailer...

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
I am going to main him when he comes out. I am dropping Roy for Cloud.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
You know what is very ironic?

Final fantasy was one of the staples franchises from Super Nintendo...with FF4 (2) and FF6 (3), being MONUMENTAL hits on the console.

Fast forward to the Nintendo 64 vs the PS1..................and Cloud´s FF7 was one of the main killers of Nintendo, being THE SMASH HIT from PS1......catapulting Sony and the brand in what it is today.

Cloud...the Nintendo Killer...in smash.

Irony at its best

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Was there a support thread for Cloud? Because if there was, I didn't even know about it.

Anyways, I'm definitely gonna pick him up because he looks awesome just by watching the trailer. I've never played a Final Fantasy game before and I've been wanting to play one for a long time but I never owned a PlayStation console.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
I guess this is Smash DLC's WTF character.

Final Fantasy is among the oldest, most iconic series of all time. That said, I'm not surprised we got a Final Fantasy character. Still, I never expected it to be Cloud, since he's much more affiliated with Sony. On the other hand, Cloud is a hugely iconic character in the FF series, so it makes sense to add someone most people will recognise.

Overall, from a business standpoint, I think Cloud was a smart choice. He's a popular character from a popular series. Technically, Cloud HAS appeared on Nintendo platforms, albeit not as a titular character. He appeared in Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories for the GBA, and Kingdom Hearts: Re:Coded for the DS. That said, strictly speaking he DOES meet the unwritten rule of Thou Shalt Have Originated from a Video Game and Appeared on Nintendo.

Can't wait to try out this new, unique fighter.

Last edited:

Random4811

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Random4811
3DS FC
3093-7532-1720
How much, I'll wait for Nintendo's announcement before I do anything.
I dunno, its like between 10 and 15 bucks for it.

If you dont want to play a blocky ass old RPG though, I'd wait for the Remake. I dont think the Wii U can handle the remake, but when it comes out, its gonna be beautiful, and it'd probably see a PC release eventually

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Well I've only ever played Nintendo consoles so Cloud is by far my least favourite newcomer until FFVII comes to a Nintendo system.

ZombieVito

Smash Journeyman
I still can't believe it. **** I didn't want to buy an Amiibo.

Now if this guy gets announced in December I'll die:

Top Bottom