• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Jeez, guys. No offense to anyone, but we just got Cloud--a third party character with a completely unique moveset and completely unique fighting mechanics... are we seriously talking about following him up with Young Link?
What about Wolf though? Sure, his unique, but his still a clone.

Young Link can easily be just as unique. I know his chances are extremely low, but it's not non existent.

However, so as to make sure things don't get out of control, lets stop all discussion of characters other than Cloud until tomorrow.

:135:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Since we haven't got a character in 6 months Cloud is totally releasing tomorrow. A second character is likely I think.

*Verrix*

Smash Apprentice
Here's hoping but I don't think they could announce anyone that would make me want to play them over Cloud.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
What about Wolf though? Sure, his unique, but his still a clone.

Young Link can easily be just as unique. I know his chances are extremely low, but it's not non existent.

However, so as to make sure things don't get out of control, lets stop all discussion of characters other than Cloud until tomorrow.

Calling Wolf a Fox clone is a bit of a misnomer. He has his similarities, but he's played VERY differently. Just like Ike and Shulk.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Calling Wolf a Fox clone is a bit of a misnomer. He has his similarities, but he's played VERY differently. Just like Ike and Shulk.
I mean, we can still can him a semi clone, given that at least his Special moves are based of Fox's. But I now what you mean. Also, if you are saying that Shulk and Ike are clones (or at least semi clones), then I smh. If not, they I also get what you are meaning with this too.

They could release any character in the world and I would still choose Cloud every single day.
After playing a bit off FF7, I am actually very interested in playing Cloud.

Kalierdarke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kalierdarke
If Bayonetta can't get in for being too mature, there's no way Scorpion's getting in.
I would say Bayonetta can't get in less because she's too mature and more because Hideki Kamiya hates smash and insults smash fans publicly on his twitter.

My prediction for tomorrow, Cloud + 2 characters(most likely at least one vet), and an announcement of the ballot winners and that they'll be arriving in May/June

Last edited:

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
No offense to anybody here, but I die a bit inside every time somebody calls Wolf a clone.

The only characters I could pick over Cloud are Wolf and Snake assuming any of them are actually good. I haven't found a character in the game that clicks with me yet but Cloud looks like he is potentially a perfect fit for me. Two meteors(not counting Climhazzard) a sword, looks pretty fast, and a projectile. I hope Blade Beam isn't as weak as Ryu's hadouken and doesn't lose to jabs though..

Last edited:

Drippy

Smash Ace
I'm afraid knowing there's a character that'll be revealed tomorrow that I could possibly like more than Cloud.

Last edited:

Drippy

Smash Ace
Yes. This is the most underrated fear out there right now lol. With Cloud, I'll have four characters which I already feel like is too much
That's why I don't make any promises of maining a character until they come out anymore ;x RIP my Mewtwo / Lucas dream back in the days. I also have a fear that I just won't like Cloud in general too which I hope isn't the case.

Last edited:

silverforte

Smash Rookie
I couldn't ask for more characters after Cloud. I wanted the likes of Castlevania, Final Fantasy and maybe a couple other franchises represented but with Cloud, I can die happy. My head would likely explode if they said Sephiroth was coming.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
No offense to anybody here, but I die a bit inside every time somebody calls Wolf a clone.

The only characters I could pick over Cloud are Wolf and Snake assuming any of them are actually good. I haven't found a character in the game that clicks with me yet but Cloud looks like he is potentially a perfect fit for me. Two meteors(not counting Climhazzard) a sword, looks pretty fast, and a projectile. I hope Blade Beam isn't as weak as Ryu's hadouken and doesn't lose to jabs though..
Yeah, I am sorry about that. I too personally don't like calling Wolf a clone given how unqine his play style is (even if he does still share some moves with Fox). I only say he is a Fox clone is because he most likely ioriginated as a Fox clone and had changes made to him to make him much more unique, which could just as easily happen for Young Link.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I'm not really expecting anything that could excite me more than Cloud. Everyone else I want has little to no chance of getting in.
I'm actually really curious as to how he plays. I have the feeling he might play similar to Ike (i.e. slow but strong attacks) but hopefully I'm wrong. Oh, and the Midgar stage. Plus the Music possibilities.

D

Deleted member

In less than 24 hours, the limits of the eShop will be broken.
I am honestly pretty hyped for tomorrow! (and I'm kinda scared)

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'm super paranoid that the one "leak" I saw is actually legit. If it is legit i'm gonna throw up.

ArcanaXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArcanaXIII
People data mining the game hard right now. Some got a look and refuse to spoil anything, but you already know there's gonna be others that will reveal it all.

Bobert

NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
We're going to get spoiled so ******* hard. I just know it. If you see anything about it on the smashboards front page, don't even click it. If it comes to the worst, turn off your router and throw your phone into the fire place. The leaks must not get to us.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Aw, man, leaks are happening? Gonna stay off all the other sites now. I like surprises too much.
Turns out I'm just being my paranoid self.

The data miners aren't leaking anything because it's super awesome, I guess that means we are getting multiple characters tomorrow.

Bobert

NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
Turns out I'm just being my paranoid self.

The data miners aren't leaking anything because it's super awesome, I guess that means we are getting multiple characters tomorrow.
Imagine if they were trolling and it's literally just Cloud and Mii costumes.

Bobert

NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
Is the update just for new content or were there balance changes too?

Top Bottom