• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Got my gil ready as well.
As soon as Cloud lands on the eShop, I'm getting him at once!
Going to be practicing him a lot too. I'm not much of a lab rat, but I'll try him out a lot, and if I find anything, I'll post it here.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
If Cloud comes out on the day of the broadcast then i won't be able to get him until Saturday.

TheHopefulHero

Smash Apprentice
I need to make sure I have the money before hand. Last thing I want is to go online and find out I can't download it...
Anyway, getting excited for Tuesday, and it's after a final so I'll be good no matter what happens.

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
I liked to take a moment and thank all the people who are willing to help with Mr. Strife's meta. I'm not sure if he's good or not, but its really cool to see people who are willing to take a chance. Even if you don't think you can help, just playing as him and telling us if you find anything is help enough.

I only have 20$ on it. I really hope that I don need any more
Same.
I used to be okay with that idea.

Look, the point was that no ONE expect Cloud at all, and yet some how he made it in. Yes, he has a unique moveset but still, if Cloud can get in, why can't Young Link.
Ok 1, its no ONE EXPECTED Cloud at all.

2, cause we Have Toon Link. Toon Link is young Link. He wall jumps and everything.

We want new characters. (expect for Snake and Wolf) Young Link was reincarnated into young Link.

So is my job just to be the guide guy? Or everything guy?
I'm the guide guy.

And I can be the voice of reason.

Smooth Criminal
What would we do without you?

D

Deleted member

I have about $40 in the eShop and I hope that I don't need more than that.
I am ready for whatever Sakurai announces. However, the limits of the eShop are meant to be broken!

Vycoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vycoul
How much does skipping Eshop credit transaction really improve your odds?
I don't recall having any problems getting Mewtwo on his release day, but I got him free thanks to that Wii U+3DS deal. So I didn't have to add any money to my account.

D

Deleted member

I don't recall having any problems getting Mewtwo on his release day, but I got him free thanks to that Wii U+3DS deal. So I didn't have to add any money to my account.
It doesn't improve your odds, but you skip a step.
When Ryu and Roy were released, the eShop had a high amount of traffic; you were lucky if you were able to buy them day 1. If you don't have the money, your time on there is practically doubled. With Cloud being released, there will be no doubt that the eShop will crash a few times.

Kalierdarke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kalierdarke
The less steps you have to go through, the less chances you have a problem that prevents you from getting it. When it comes to buying things on the shop, regardless of whether it's Nintendo, PSN, Xbox market, or steam, when a bunch of people are trying to purchase something at the same time, there can be hangups due to the load. Funds not being properly transferred, purchase not being accepted, etc..

Just straight up downloading there usually won't be a problem other than slow speeds.

TheHopefulHero

Smash Apprentice
I remember that day... It was an experience. Many streams tried to show off those characters thinking it would be easy. Then it became a waiting game of getting access.

Time to get another card ready

Last edited:

Vycoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vycoul
Guess I'll preemptively add 10$ or so to my Eshop account. Thanks, I probably wouldn't have thought about it.

Oh, I also want to say that I love the enthusiasm everyone is showing for developing Cloud's metagame.
As someone who plays Mewtwo as a secondary, it was sad to see the will to progress the character pretty much die. I don't think that's going to happen here. ^^

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I used to be okay with that idea.

Until i realised that is probable the silliest idea ever. (no offence)

*Vitral Fist bump*

What are you implying?

Look, lets make things clear. I know Young Link has very little chance of getting in But that does not mean he won't. And if it turns out all this time the Toon Link was meant to be Young Link's replacement or isn't coming back, then I will accept it and I will understand why

But I swear, if Young Link is announced, I am going to be bragging the face of every disbeliever so hard.

Look, the point was that no expect Cloud at all, and yet some how he made it in.Yes, he has a unique moveset but still, if Cloud can get in, why can't Young Link.

:135:
Because we already 2 links.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Ok 1, its no ONE EXPECTED Cloud at all.

2, cause we Have Toon Link. Toon Link is young Link. He wall jumps and everything.

We want new characters. (expect for Snake and Wolf) Young Link was reincarnated into young Link.
1. Whoops, my mistake.

2. That doesn't do jack. We had Lucina, yet Roy still mange to come back, despite a lot of people saying he wouldn't.

I find it funny that people don't want one clone but are happy enough for another. Look, I get it, Wolf has a big chance than Young Link cause he is not 'Just another Fox' but I just get really sick of people saying Toon Link=Young Link when they don't. Seriously, they could easily make Young Link just as unique as Wolf and if Young Link does come back and receives serious hate, hey, Haters Gonna Hate and you guys are just going to have to Deal with It.

Because we already 2 links.
We already had to Marths and have 2 Foxes.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Guess I'll preemptively add 10$ or so to my Eshop account. Thanks, I probably wouldn't have thought about it.

Oh, I also want to say that I love the enthusiasm everyone is showing for developing Cloud's metagame.
As someone who plays Mewtwo as a secondary, it was sad to see the will to progress the character pretty much die. I don't think that's going to happen here. ^^
While there's still plenty of naysayers, he has a pretty dedicated bunch of players constantly looking up new things for him and even a few mains like Mew_Squared. I wouldn't say he's been given up on just yet.

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
1. Whoops, my mistake.

2. That doesn't do jack. We had Lucina, yet Roy still mange to come back, despite a lot of people saying he wouldn't.

I find it funny that people don't want one clone but are happy enough for another. Look, I get it, Wolf has a big chance than Young Link cause he is not 'Just another Fox' but I just get really sick of people saying Toon Link=Young Link when they don't. Seriously, they could easily make Young Link just as unique as Wolf and if Young Link does come back and receives serious hate, hey, Haters Gonna Hate and you guys are just going to have to Deal with It.

They said thing for Roy. Make him unique. Yet Sakurai made him unique-ish. Lucina was meant to be an alt for Marth, but due to certain circumstances, they made her a character. Wolf is kind of like Roy in brawl. They share the same concept as two characters, yet they both have there twist to them. Roy could have been a totally different character, but they just made him the same.

TL is the same as Young Link. Both wall jump. have the same spinny attack thing, both are really fast, really light and really small. I go on and tell you more reasons why I don't think he'll get in. But who knows. Its Sakurai we are dealing with.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
1. Whoops, my mistake.

Unlike Young Link people actually wanted Roy back.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Wolf plays diddly squat like Fox. He's like the mirror universe version, he controls entirely differently (a space animal with high air speed and normal physics makes him...very different already)

I guess identical B moves but not really? His projectile has a little stabbity thing, Side-B is an angle, Up+B is identical and Down-B has a blindspot in it unlike Fox's

Sorry, when I hear "Fox clone" I internally die a little when it comes to Wolf.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
They said thing for Roy. Make him unique. Yet Sakurai made him unique-ish. Lucina was meant to be an alt for Marth, but due to certain circumstances, they made her a character. Wolf is kind of like Roy in brawl. They share the same concept as two characters, yet they both have there twist to them. Roy could have been a totally different character, but they just made him the same.

TL is the same as Young Link. Both wall jump. have the same spinny attack thing, both are really fast, really light and really small. I go on and tell you more reasons why I don't think he'll get in. But who knows. Its Sakurai we are dealing with.
Yeah, i guess this argument is fair enough, but still, when Roy was in Melee, he had few difference to him compared to his current form. Yes, the differences were more than Young Link to Link or Marth to Lucina, but they were still similar. Look at him now. He is similar, but his own character. And that's what I for Young Link. For him to become his own character. Seriously, imagine if instead of him being a Zoning character like the other Links if they made him or pressure base, speedy character, similar to Sheik.

I mean, you could say the same for Roy and Marth, but I won't. And what you said just their is why I still believe. It's Sakurai. We have no idea what he is going to do next.

Unlike Young Link people actually wanted Roy back.
And people still want Young Link back too. Yes, not as many as Young Lin, but there are still people who want him.

Wolf plays diddly squat like Fox. He's like the mirror universe version, he controls entirely differently (a space animal with high air speed and normal physics makes him...very different already)

I guess identical B moves but not really? His projectile has a little stabbity thing, Side-B is an angle, Up+B is identical and Down-B has a blindspot in it unlike Fox's

Sorry, when I hear "Fox clone" I internally die a little when it comes to Wolf.
Sorry. i do aplogise about that.

I'm not trying to downgrade Wolf. intact, I really do hope that he is announced in this broad cast. All I'm saying we have 3 characters who all originate from the same one yet were made completely different. And they could just as easily do this for the Links.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hanku Hirru

Bringing the Propane
NNID
Dirk_Tan
I hope no Smash veterans make a return with this last batch of DLC. I'd find it very underwhelming if we got Wolf or any character from previous iterations and it'd feel like such a waste when we could get a wholly new character to the roster. I would rather see Banjo Kazooie or Rayman over any veteran, even though I'd love for Snake to return.

As I've said, if this is our last Smash dedicated direct, I'd rather it go out with a bang, with some exciting new additions and not clones or characters we've played before.

Last edited:

Drippy

Smash Ace
Young Link. For him to become his own character. Seriously, imagine if instead of him being a Zoning character like the other Links if they made him or pressure base, speedy character, similar to Sheik.
So Toon Link without projectiles / possibly a worse neutral game?

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
I think we should all agree that if there are any non-Cloud related leaks tomorrow, we don't discuss them here. This will be our safe zone.

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
I liked to take a moment and thank all the people who are willing to help with Mr. Strife's meta. I'm not sure if he's good or not, but its really cool to see people who are willing to take a chance. Even if you don't think you can help, just playing as him and telling us if you find anything is help enough.
Can't be worse than the fate Link has been subject to since the dawn of time.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Rats. I only hace 12 on my eshop wallet, I hope I don't need anything more, since other than Cloud I was planning on snatching a pair of VC titles

As for veterans getting in. On one hand, yeah, it'd be pretty underwhelming indeed to end the last smash direct like so.
But on the other hand, I don't think there's a character SO bad thrown in the mix that could possibly upset me, aftet the massive hype that is Cloud. (and Megaman)

Heck, I miss Pokemon Trainer (and Ivy, and Squirtle) and Y.Link.
But compared to what we have NOW, I don't really care anymore. I wouldn't have time to try mastering so many awesome characters.

And on that note, the only characters that could go toe to toe with Cloud for me in terms of hype would be Simon Belmont, Joe Musashi, or Ryu Hayabusa.

I ranted :( it's 2 days... The wait is killing me!

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
The worst day of the week is going to be Monday. That's going to be THE longest day ever.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I think we should all agree that if there are any non-Cloud related leaks tomorrow, we don't discuss them here. This will be our safe zone.
I like and support this idea 100%.

I hoe no Smash veterans make a return with this last batch of DLC. I'd find it very underwhelming if we got Wolf or any character from previous iterations and it'd feel like such a waste when we could get a wholly new character to the roster. I would rather see Banjo Kazooie or Rayman over any veteran, even though I'd love for Snake to return.

As I've said, if this is our last Smash dedicated direct, I'd rather it go out with a bang, with some exciting new additions and not clones or characters we've played before.
I'd be super hype about Snake; it's been a ride wondering if he'd come back or not, and he's still so unique even with all the newcomers there's a niche waiting for him. So I hope he comes back.

Wolf I can take or leave, and really don't get how it's super hype personally, but y'know, characters are exciting to people for different reasons.

I'm hoping for one or two Nintendo newcomers, and Snake personally. If Banjo showed up, I'd **** a brick, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up.

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
Jeez, guys. No offense to anyone, but we just got Cloud--a third party character with a completely unique moveset and completely unique fighting mechanics... are we seriously talking about following him up with Young Link?

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Jeez, guys. No offense to anyone, but we just got Cloud--a third party character with a completely unique moveset and completely unique fighting mechanics... are we seriously talking about following him up with Young Link?
We could make Impa a Cloud clone. At least she's not another Link. :p

Hanku Hirru

Bringing the Propane
NNID
Dirk_Tan
My thoughts exactly. Why follow up Cloud's announcement with a clone or a veteran we've seen before? I hope Sakurai picked a hell of a more interesting character than Young Link or Wolf because either of them are so damn joy deflating when you compare them to how monumentally huge it was for fans that Nintendo managed third party icons like Cloud, Ryu, Snake, and Pac-Man.

I know these characters have fans, but there's no going back to stock characters; Cloud's inclusion in Smash has spoiled us with the potential for new and exciting fighters we never imagined we'd see in a Smash Bros game.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Snake is the only veteran that should return. He's the only one that would be hype on the level of Cloud.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Snake is the only veteran that should return. He's the only one that would be hype on the level of Cloud.
I agree, not just because I'm a huge fan of Snake in Brawl/PM and MGS in general, but because Snake is so aesthetically unique in Smash and fills a niche playstyle-wise we don't have.

Plus I miss David Hayter so goddamn much. Snake would be almost as hype for me as K. Rool or Banjo.

I only expect Wolf if they want to pad the roster (which is whatever) or Ice Climbers if somehow Sakurai figured out how to include them. I wouldn't expect him to charge for them, if he did.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Whelp it's already Monday. Let the dreaded wait begin. :038:

BlueX BlueX Are you going to be doing the honor of making the group message for the team today?
I got back from school so i am sorry if i replayed late but i will start the group chat soon.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
I've come to the conclusion that Snake is pretty impossible too. When you think of why he was in Brawl (Kojima and Sakurai were good friends) and you realize that Kojima doesn't even own MGS anymore really (he's basically kaputski) the future looks darker and darker, especially with Konami.

I expect a new fighter and a veteran alongside Cloud mayhaps, but maybe we'll just get one. Who knows? There will at least be something, I'm sure.

Top Bottom