• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Attention to everyone in Strong-Arm Strong-Arm 's support team (taken from BlueX's Nov 27th post):
SonicvMario SonicvMario
@VPTurnip
@Suicidal_Donuts
RebelXII RebelXII
Nu~ Nu~
The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn
TheHopefulHero TheHopefulHero
@BlueX
JesseMcCloud JesseMcCloud
Cloud is more than likely being released on Tuesday after the direct. It would be wise to assign roles, and perhaps start a group conversation where we can easily report on the information we find so that Strong-Arm can update his massive guide. We don't need everyone to have the same role, but it would be useful to have a few people for each so that we can confirm information and eliminate all misinformation due to human error. Don't want a bunch of false info on the community guide. :rolleyes: If you do not want to be on the list, or want to be added, please notify us. Let me know what would work best for you all (perhaps just a large private group message here on the boards?). Stay hyped!
I can find combos, tech, and creative setups.

It's 2nd nature after coming from being a pacman main lol

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Attention to everyone in Strong-Arm Strong-Arm 's support team (taken from BlueX's Nov 27th post):
SonicvMario SonicvMario
@VPTurnip
@Suicidal_Donuts
RebelXII RebelXII
Nu~ Nu~
The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn
TheHopefulHero TheHopefulHero
@BlueX
JesseMcCloud JesseMcCloud
Cloud is more than likely being released on Tuesday after the direct. It would be wise to assign roles, and perhaps start a group conversation where we can easily report on the information we find so that Strong-Arm can update his massive guide. We don't need everyone to have the same role, but it would be useful to have a few people for each so that we can confirm information and eliminate all misinformation due to human error. Don't want a bunch of false info on the community guide. :rolleyes: If you do not want to be on the list, or want to be added, please notify us. Let me know what would work best for you all (perhaps just a large private group message here on the boards?). Stay hyped!
I could work on the Limit Gauge...

Gimmick

Smash Ace
So I turned FF7 on and it turns out I didn't save my memory... I was pissed... So I went back and beat Ruby... Then I fought Emerald again... There were a couple of seconds before the match ended and I won, but the timer kept counting down... Then I got the victory and game over theme when the timer ran down... Huh...

silverforte

Smash Rookie
Ruby can die in a never ending black hole. It took me 21 tries to beat this boss and all you had to do is use ribbon and spam Nights of the Round. Ugh.
I never beat Ruby in a 'legit' fight. I got Caith Sith's limit where you get an automatic win and that was how I got him.

solidren

Smash Rookie
NNID
RenStrider580
Only 3 days left... I'm so glad I have off of work on Tuesday! Even my little sister is excited! And she doesn't even play games that much lol

Last edited:

TheHopefulHero

Smash Apprentice
About the whole role thing, is there any specifics that are still open? I could help with general stuff and potential combo %'s. I'm just wondering since we're starting to assign roles to be ready for Tuesday.

Gimmick

Smash Ace
I was really hoping they'd use this version of the FF7 victory theme...
Jokes aside, I've collected a series of different Sephiroth themes. Which is your guys favorite?

Classic

Advent Children

Crisis Core

Kingdom Hearts

Final Fantasy 8

Sonic

SNES

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
Jokes aside, I've collected a series of different Sephiroth themes. Which is your guys favorite?

Classic

Advent Children

Crisis Core

Kingdom Hearts

Final Fantasy 8

Sonic

SNES
I literally have the advent children version as my ringtone.

best part of the song

Moorthen

Smash Apprentice
Advent Children, easily. It's my favorite version of OWA. I absolutely love what they did with that song. It has so much energy! I hope the Remake version takes notes from it.

The Advent Children Complete version is nice, too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcMc0LagSRQ
I literally have the advent children version as my ringtone.

best part of the song
Yes, yes! That's my favorite part, too!

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Advent Children one is probably my fave. There's a mashup of OWA and Libera Fatali from VIII called "Duel of the Blades" that's godlike, though. I think it's by Kevin Penkins? You can find it on OC Remix's Youtube channel pretty easily.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
can i just get birth of a god it seems like everyone just passes up that song, I like it more than owa

D

Deleted member

I played FF7 for hours today... like since 1 PM Eastern to 8 PM.
I think this game is so damn fun so far and I do enjoy the characters. The gameplay is pretty solid; I do enjoy the ATB system and I will miss it in the remake, but I have high hopes for the Crisis Core style of gameplay. So far, I do like Cloud in the story, but I think my favorite character in the story so far is honestly Barret. I also feel pretty bad for Aerith after hearing her stepmother's story...
I think this game is finally going to begin after leaving Midgar and getting into the overworld.
Also... everything in Wall Market was priceless. :p

Please Bomberman join Smash...
I'd blow up if it happened
So would I, my friend. So would I....
I would explode with hype if he was playable. That's like a childhood dream come true... ;-;

Classic

Advent Children

Crisis Core

Kingdom Hearts

Final Fantasy 8

Sonic

SNES
Easily Advent Children. I honestly have been listening to that version a lot recently, even when I was playing against a friend in Smash. I really hope that version is in Smash.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I played FF7 for hours today... like since 1 PM Eastern to 8 PM.
I think this game is so damn fun so far and I do enjoy the characters. The gameplay is pretty solid; I do enjoy the ATB system and I will miss it in the remake, but I have high hopes for the Crisis Core style of gameplay. So far, I do like Cloud in the story, but I think my favorite character in the story so far is honestly Barret. I also feel pretty bad for Aerith after hearing her stepmother's story...
I think this game is finally going to begin after leaving Midgar and getting into the overworld.
Also... everything in Wall Market was priceless. :p

I would explode with hype if he was playable. That's like a childhood dream come true... ;-;

Easily Advent Children. I honestly have been listening to that version a lot recently, even when I was playing against a friend in Smash. I really hope that version is in Smash.
It'll crush me if he's never dlc for this game..

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Well, I'm at the first Smash tourney in Great Falls, Montana. The warm-ups and spectating make me feel slightly more confident.

Update: so, my Falcon and Fox got taken out by a Dedede. Damn you, Smooth Criminal Smooth Criminal !
Edit: also, damn you input lag!

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
I bet your Cloud would not have been taken out by a Dedede. Damn you, Sakurai!
Everyone is in agreement that the tv we were using has a good half-second input lag. I won my first in the loser's bracket on the other set.

Edit: also, thanks. It really means a lot.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I've only been to two weekly tournaments and that's it.
First time, I lost in round 2 and was eliminated in losers round 3. Second time, I lost in round 2 and eliminated losers round 2.
I live in Tristate and, for those who don't know, playing here is brutal. Even SmashWiki says playing here is as hard as a national...
Good luck in the Loser's bracket, JesseMcCloud JesseMcCloud !

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
The moment I get home off the bus Tuesday is when the direct starts. I just went out and bought my eshop card. Im braced. My body is ready. Lets go Nintendo. Lets fraggin go

Morbi

Scavenger
The moment I get home off the bus Tuesday is when the direct starts. I just went out and bought my eshop card. Im braced. My body is ready. Lets go Nintendo. Lets fraggin go
I still wonder how I will handle that, should I have the Wii U store open while I watch the presentation? Should I just wait to turn it on after like a normal person? I have no idea. It is probably just best if I have a discussion about the revealed content for an hour or two and wait for everyone else to download the DLC first. I would hate for the store to go down or something while I am trying to purchase him. I am probably just being overly paranoid.

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
Idk what ill do yet. Keep attempting to get in. Not only am I excited about Cloud, but the other stuff we may get as well

Morbi

Scavenger
Idk what ill do yet. Keep attempting to get in. Not only am I excited about Cloud, but the other stuff we may get as well
It is weird, I am more excited about Cloud than the new content. I actually want to hear Sakurai's story or whatever regarding Cloud. I find it intriguing. That being said, everything will change the day of.

Top Bottom