• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
About the whole role thing, is there any specifics that are still open? I could help with general stuff and potential combo %'s. I'm just wondering since we're starting to assign roles to be ready for Tuesday.
Right now we have roles for damage, kill %s, rage, combos, tech, limit break research, and neutral research among the few people that have stated their interests, but we'll probably need a couple people for each for validity's sake. So it's fine if you do something someone else is already doing, we just don't need the entire team to report the same thing one after another so we can be more efficient. I'll add you for combo research and "general" research.

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
I actually have 2 tournaments coming up. One on Wednesday and one on Saturday. Both are going to let me use Cloud actually lol

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Well, just got taken out for good in loser's 4th round. By an Ike.
There will be blood.

Last edited:

Kalierdarke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kalierdarke
Well, just got taken out for good in loser's 4th round. By an Ike.
There will be blood.
Sounds like you didn't prepare yourself.

But good job getting that far anyways, a shame about the setup in the first round.

I actually got turned off from tournaments a bit because of going to one where my second opponent was not only half an hour late to his first match, but an hour late for mine and had already been disqualified right as he goes "I'm here!" so they let him play anyways.

Last edited:

Hanku Hirru

Bringing the Propane
NNID
Dirk_Tan
JesseMcCloud JesseMcCloud : Congrats on the victories you managed to achieve at the tournament, but I can't deny that when fighting for his friends, my boy Ike definitely brings the PROPAIN.

So, on a totally unrelated note -- I've been putting in some hours this weekend in preparation for the Direct and I really want Cloud to play like Roy in terms of his power and ground and aerial mobility. It does appear as if he is a little floaty, but as long as he doesn't possess Charizard aerial movement speed, I can live with the floatiness.

Having said that, if he possesses high mobility, good combo potential, powerful strikes coupled with his already impressive range, then I could easily see Cloud being low high tier or top middle tier.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Kept all the deets locked up tight this time. I'm impressed.
Well, let's better watch out for the upcoming maintenance for Smash's online. There might be leaks when it started.
All we can do is cross our fingers while riding on this hype train.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Kept all the deets locked up tight this time. I'm impressed.
I'm mostly surprised we haven't been rampant with fake leaks. There was one for Minecraft Steve? a couple days ago but other than that...

Cmon Internet, I know you haven't EVER successfully predicted a Direct but gimme somethin to laugh at!

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
I am thinking about starting the PM for the group i made. Should we start now?

silverforte

Smash Rookie
A little bummed Sakurai hasn't touched the stage builder and he says DLC is coming to an end for Smash. It's so barebones and clumsy. ONE stage builder update would have been fine.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
So in other news, I'm thoroughly enjoying my first playthrough of FF7. I'm currently grinding enemies in the Mythril Mines to get Aeris her Limit 3-1, so I can learn Beta from the Midgar Zorom without getting my ass wrecked.

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
I am thinking about starting the PM for the group i made. Should we start now?
So far, the roles we have are:
@SonicvMario - damage, kill%, rage, combos
Suicidal_Donuts Suicidal_Donuts (I hope Morbi sees this) - General move usage, Nuetral game plans, matchup impressions (maybe stage impressions)
Nu~ Nu~ - Combos, Tech, creative setup (advanced tech)
The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn - Limit Break techniques
@TheHopefulHero - combo research, general research

A few people haven't said what they want to do yet (Or I just need to search deep into the thread for it), and of course anyone can help another person out with their research at any point in time. I'd say we're about ready, I just need to go see if they've said what they wanted to do and add that to the list.

Update:
@VPTurnip - Frame data (have fun competing with KuroganeHammer)
JesseMcCloud JesseMcCloud - Strategy, Matchups, Best/Worst Stages
Hanku Hirru Hanku Hirru - Matchup Analysis
RebelXII RebelXII - Matchup Analysis, Move Analysis, Tech?
BlueX BlueX - Overview of Cloud Basics (general research)
ShadowPho3nix ShadowPho3nix - %s, combo starters/combos
@LuigiMastər0 - KO setups, mind games, combos

Last edited:

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
So far, the roles we have are:
@SonicvMario - damage, kill%, rage, combos
Suicidal_Donuts Suicidal_Donuts (I hope Morbi sees this) - General move usage, Nuetral game plans, matchup impressions
Nu~ Nu~ - Combos, Tech, creative setup
The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn - Limit Break techniques
@TheHopefulHero - combo research, general research

A few people haven't said what they want to do yet (Or I just need to search deep into the thread for it), and of course anyone can help another person out with their research at any point in time. I'd say we're about ready, I just need to go see if they've said what they wanted to do and add that to the list.
Also we have 2 new members.

ShadowPho3nix ShadowPho3nix
@LuigiMastər0

Both of them are going to test things.

ShadowPho3nix is going to test percentages, seeing which move is best for combos and Luigimaster is going to test KO setups, mindganes, combos and KOs 50-50.

Hanku Hirru

Bringing the Propane
NNID
Dirk_Tan
I'll help out with matchup impressions when I can separate myself from my channel. I may very likely create a video guide for Cloud.

Drippy

Smash Ace
I'm so lazy to complete my low level playthrough of FF7. It's a lot more frustrating than I expected it to be. :(

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
Strong-Arm Strong-Arm
You have the obligatory "guide guy/everything guy" job, yes. :p If you want to focus on any specifics yourself you can, I guess you can just report your findings to the group so we can confirm.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I'm ready for this. Gonna take off work the day after tuesday and just lab.

Gonna be mostly focusing on creating a neutral game.

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
Oh oh, I'll be the one helping you guys by honing my skills with Cloud!! :awesome:

But seriously, if I do find anything during matches - true combos, mix-ups, MU details, etc. - I'll be sure to let you all know.

Kalierdarke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kalierdarke
I'd love to help with the guide but really not sure how much help I'll be. However I'll be sure to mention anything I find for others to check out.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
My Eshop wallet is locked and loaded. I'm ready for anything.
I've got $30 in my eShop account. I'm prepared for whatever Sakurai decides to throw at us.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Apples and oranges.
We might get a Young Link skin for Toon Link, at most.
I used to be okay with that idea.

Until i realised that is probable the silliest idea ever. (no offence)

Are we talking about Young Link?

Because I really want Young Link back. :seuss:
*Vitral Fist bump*

I'd rather have new characters and veterans who have something different to offer.
What are you implying?

Most of the characters I want now, besides Wolf and maybe Bandana Dee, are pretty much pipe dreams. Phoenix Wright, Terra, Bomberman... I doubt any of them would make it, but I would love to see them in Smash.

As for Young Link, I rather not see him. We already have two Links; a third would be redundant in my eyes.
Look, lets make things clear. I know Young Link has very little chance of getting in But that does not mean he won't. And if it turns out all this time the Toon Link was meant to be Young Link's replacement or isn't coming back, then I will accept it and I will understand why

But I swear, if Young Link is announced, I am going to be bragging the face of every disbeliever so hard.

Cloud has literally nothing to do with our conversation.
Look, the point was that no expect Cloud at all, and yet some how he made it in.Yes, he has a unique moveset but still, if Cloud can get in, why can't Young Link.

:135:

Top Bottom