• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
Instead of praying for Cloud to come after the direct on the 15th, I will instead pray that we stop talking about Marvel as soon as possible.
DC is better. :secretkpop:

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
Go back to the Zelda boards, pleb!

Smooth Criminal
No.
image.png
Anyways,
I'll be sticking around for a while to help advance Cloud's meta. Final Fantasy and Smash coming together is a dream come true, and trust me, Zelda isn't going to (reliably) let me win any tournaments. With Cloud I might actually have a decent chance without feeling dirty for using an obvious top tier. I feel like I've said that a million times, but nothing is more heart breaking than going from playing :4zss: to :4zelda: the next match. You can just feel how... Not great Zelda is.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
No, no.

You like DC over Marvel. I can't stomach that. I'd rather your heart break a million times over playing Zelda than have your ilk stick around. BEGONE, PLEB.

Jokes aside, I hope you find what you're looking for in Cloud.

Smooth Criminal

Gimmick

Smash Ace
Ruby can die in a never ending black hole. It took me 21 tries to beat this boss and all you had to do is use ribbon and spam Nights of the Round. Ugh.

D

Deleted member

My progress is going slowly but surely... I'm playing FF7 and Xenoblade Chronicles: X at the same time, so I don't expect something like finishing disc one within a week.

Anyways, I met Aerith and Cloud learned the Cross-Slash Limit Break. I made it to Wall Market... and I know what is coming up soon...

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I find it funny that most of us are either here due to a passion for the FF series, or hopes for a new main to connect with.
I'm definitely here because I genuinely love the character and the game he hails from. Of all the RPGs I've ever played, even those I've inevitably found superior, I have a lot of love attached to FF7 in particular. Cloud kinda reminds me of all the good times I've had playing the game (my quasi-speedrun that left my characters hilariously underpowered), and all the good times I shared watching my friends play it. My efforts to work this character into my rotation for competition will probably be Herculean because of this. Really, it's the same kinda passion I harbor for D3 and Ryu.

I just hope he meshes well like those two ended up doing.

Smooth Criminal

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
I know this is 100% unrelated to everything, but I made this. Here you all go. The new dlc character alongside cloud.
00_01.png

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
Attention to everyone in Strong-Arm Strong-Arm 's support team (taken from BlueX's Nov 27th post):
SonicvMario SonicvMario
@VPTurnip
Suicidal_Donuts Suicidal_Donuts
RebelXII RebelXII
Nu~ Nu~
The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn
@TheHopefulHero
@BlueX
JesseMcCloud JesseMcCloud
Cloud is more than likely being released on Tuesday after the direct. It would be wise to assign roles, and perhaps start a group conversation where we can easily report on the information we find so that Strong-Arm can update his massive guide. We don't need everyone to have the same role, but it would be useful to have a few people for each so that we can confirm information and eliminate all misinformation due to human error. Don't want a bunch of false info on the community guide. :rolleyes: If you do not want to be on the list, or want to be added, please notify us. Let me know what would work best for you all (perhaps just a large private group message here on the boards?). Stay hyped!

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Not even a month ago Cloud was considered a dream. Not even an overt dream, a deeply suppressed subconscious desire would more accurately describe Cloud. Yet, it happened. So, what I am trying to say is that dreams really do come true!

:happysheep:
Why would anyone pay for a ****ty version of pikachu?

Morbi

Scavenger
Why would anyone pay for a ****ty version of pikachu?
No idea. I would pay for Pichu though.

Attention to everyone in Strong-Arm Strong-Arm 's support team (taken from BlueX's Nov 27th post):
SonicvMario SonicvMario
@VPTurnip
RebelXII RebelXII
Nu~ Nu~
@TheHopefulHero
@BlueX
Cloud is more than likely being released on Tuesday after the direct. It would be wise to assign roles, and perhaps start a group conversation where we can easily report on the information we find so that Strong-Arm can update his massive guide. We don't need everyone to have the same role, but it would be useful to have a few people for each so that we can confirm information and eliminate all misinformation due to human error. Don't want a bunch of false info on the community guide. :rolleyes: If you do not want to be on the list, or want to be added, please notify us. Let me know what would work best for you all (perhaps just a large private group message here on the boards?). Stay hyped!
Did you seriously just tag yourself? Impressive.
Morbi Morbi

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
Pichu makes a shocking comeback!
*everyone on the internet goes ballistic before someone cool is revealed calming down their salt

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
Ruby can die in a never ending black hole. It took me 21 tries to beat this boss and all you had to do is use ribbon and spam Nights of the Round. Ugh.
I don't have Knights of the Round and I was trying to beat him. I just ended up dropping my controller after I realized I'm probably going to have to breed chocobo after all if I want to beat him and grind more after losing pathetically multiple times.

Gimmick

Smash Ace
I don't have Knights of the Round and I was trying to beat him. I just ended up dropping my controller after I realized I'm probably going to have to breed chocobo after all if I want to beat him and grind more after losing pathetically multiple times.
Also make sure to get a ribbon. The tentacles apply status affects that the ribbon cancels out.

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
Also make sure to get a ribbon. The tentacles apply status affects that the ribbon cancels out.
Oh I already have a lot of ribbons that I farmed off of enemies in the North Crater using Morph with Yuffie. If I didn't have Ribbons, I would have unplugged my controller the second he inflicted status on me after realizing I couldn't do enough damage.

Last edited:

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
Ahhh.. I can't wait till I have to lose miserablely to the weapons again. Oh, how it's been ages...

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Ahhh.. I can't wait till I have to lose miserablely to the weapons again. Oh, how it's been ages...
Despite beating the game at least 3 times, I've never taken out Ruby or Emerald. Leaving them alive just sort of made the game still feel...unfinished. Like I hadn't done everything yet, and there was still more to explore.

And you know what's funny? The one thing I'm looking forward to most, aside from a remastered soundtrack, graphics, the new battle system, etc., is to see just what exactly those 1/35 soldiers were meant for!

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
Despite beating the game at least 3 times, I've never taken out Ruby or Emerald. Leaving them alive just sort of made the game still feel...unfinished. Like I hadn't done everything yet, and there was still more to explore.

And you know what's funny? The one thing I'm looking forward to most, aside from a remastered soundtrack, graphics, the new battle system, etc., is to see just what exactly those 1/35 soldiers were meant for!
I JUST picked up 2 of those today and thought the same thing! They better give them a meaning this time around lol

silverforte

Smash Rookie
Maybe the Weapons will get more love in the remake. Maybe they'll wander the world and you can see them smashing trees or causing havoc. They could even come after you randomly in the world.

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
I will do fundamentals and the technical attributes for Cloud. Plus I will work on the first Cloud guide.
Instead of praying for Cloud to come after the direct on the 15th, I will instead pray that we stop talking about Marvel as soon as possible.
DC is better. :secretkpop:
Agreed. Dawn of Justice hype!!
You Zelda fans and your DC can go home. Marvel is love, Marvel is life. Dawn of Justice hype!!

I know this is 100% unrelated to everything, but I made this. Here you all go. The new dlc character alongside cloud.
View attachment 87183
Seems legit.

SonicvMario

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SonicvMario
3DS FC
4957-5533-0802
SonicvMario SonicvMario
@VPTurnip
RebelXII RebelXII
Nu~ Nu~
@TheHopefulHero
@BlueX
I could do some of the more simple stuff like damage%, kill %, kill% with rage, combos,etc.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I won't be around in time to properly lab Cloud on the Wii U until January 3rd at the earliest. That being said, I'll keep watch on everything that we learn and just explore stuff on my own meanwhile. But I'll be sure to share anyways.

Top Bottom