• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

Morbi

Scavenger
Tuesday is nearly upon us. Im strapped in and ready to be fired out of the hype cannon. I hope we get K Rool and Shantae
King K. Rool and Shantae used to be my most wanted characters around when the ballot first started. It is funny how much has changed since then. Honestly, I do not currently care who we get because, well, Cloud.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Even though we got Cloud in, I'm still hoping for Wolf and maybe Snake to return. I really don't care who else will potentially make the cut, not even Shantae nor the overrated croc.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Even though we got Cloud in, I'm still hoping for Wolf and maybe Snake to return. I really don't care who else will potentially make the cut, not even Shantae nor the overrated croc.
I suppose I do hope for Snake, but that is more or less because he NEEDS hope.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
@those who responded- I never played FF7, only a bit of FF6 and on an emulator so I couldn't perform blitz. I've played Golden Sun to near completion and am probably picking up Splatoon by the end of this month. Not that Cloud's bad, because OBVIOUSLY he's good. I just have a better connection to the characters that may be filling the other DLC slots.
there is a way to do blitz inputs on an emu. i forget the input but i know you can do it since I last play 6 on a flight using an emu

Morbi

Scavenger
The only other character that I want to an extent is Banjo and Kazooie because he was essentially the only character not featured in Melee in some way, shape, or form that I desired. Of course, the buyout ruined everything; however, we seem to be coming full circle. First a fan-voted ballot opened, after that Phil Spencer acknowledges and "invites" the team, Nintendo issues their e3 mission statement, and then the actualization of their mission statement via Cloud's reveal occurs, and later Minecraft. He is a dream character for me, but at this rate, I expect him more than I want him just because I am worried that he will not be done justice. I have years upon years of expectations.

Last edited:

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
Another day closer to having a potentially viable main. The only reason I stay with Zelda is character loyalty. I honestly do not think she has any favorable matchups in this game. She has a lot that are more around even, but none that she definitely wins (in my opinion).

Hanku Hirru

Bringing the Propane
NNID
Dirk_Tan
Imagine if every time he got hit, a censor beep happened! That would be hilarious!
Deadpool's Neutral B will be whatever the hell he pulls out of his Magical Satchel of Unlimited Weaponry. Please be the Great Lakes Avengers...

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Rosalina and Mega Man will always be my true mains because of who they are as characters. If I'm gonna recruit Cloud as one of my mains, I would have to drop either Little Mac, Lucina, Link or Roy to do it. I can't have no more than 5-6 characters as my mains cuz it's too much for me. I don't need secondaries either.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I suppose I'll share my wishlist here as well -
Reveal of King K. Rool and/or Isaac as a Ballot Newcomer, (Not released immediately, but teased like Mewtwo)
Cloud set to be released ASAP after the livestream
Wolf and/or Snake returning as a veteran
Inklings as a newcomer chosen outside of the Ballot, alongside a stage based on Inkopolis.

That's pretty much my wishlist.

D

Deleted member

Rosalina and Mega Man will always be my true mains because of who they are as characters. If I'm gonna recruit Cloud as one of my mains, I would have to drop either Little Mac, Lucina, Link or Roy to do it. I can't have no more than 5-6 characters as my mains cuz it's too much for me. I don't need secondaries either.
I feel kinda the same. I don't wanna have too many mains but I have a lot of secondaries and 'other' characters. I already have 5 mains as it is so he might be secondary because I definitely want to recruit Cloud. If I like him enough for him to be my main and then I'll have to demote one of my current mains to secondaries as I have no plans to drop anyone.

Also my first post in this thread. :emptysheep:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I do have characters that I like to play as every once in a while depending on my mood but I don't consider them as secondaries.

Morbi

Scavenger
I feel kinda the same. I don't wanna have too many mains but I have a lot of secondaries and 'other' characters. I already have 5 mains as it is so he might be secondary because I definitely want to recruit Cloud. If I like him enough for him to be my main and then I'll have to demote one of my current mains to secondaries as I have no plans to drop anyone.

Also my first post in this thread. :emptysheep:
I honestly have not found a main yet. I have two or three characters that I regularly work at, but Falco is the only one good enough to be considered my main. I am just concerned about the character's ceiling... I already feel as though I hit it. I hope that Cloud strikes that balance of fun and pseudo-viable. Falco is fun, but he is not what I would consider viable. Zero-Suit Samus is moderately fun (a little repetitive and highly reliant on one of the most punishable grabs) and obviously quite viable, but her play-style does not really equate to mine. My other character is Link, but I hate his design and therefore I feel no connection to him.

I already have character loyalty for Cloud, I enjoy his design, he seems fun (although that has yet to be determined) and people are predicting that he will at least be mid-tier which is certainly okay with me. I could just drop all three of my other characters if Cloud perfectly embodies what I am seeking.

Limits are meant to be broken!

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
I constantly switch to ZSS and then back to Sheik but i have stopped that recently since i believe Sheik requires a lot of skill and has a lot of good techniques too. The reason i want to main Cloud as a secondary is because i was hyped but i think now i also want to help develop the meta game once he comes out.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
As I mentioned before, I would have to drop one of my mains except Rosalina and Mega Man if I 'm gonna make Cloud as one of my mains or if he'll end up as one of those characters I'll be using every once in a while. So many amazing characters to choose from but I can only have 5.

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Triple Posting Warning Received
Isaac and Knuckles would literally be the perfect choices. Like seriously just imagine it.
FTFY

I honestly have not found a main yet. I have two or three characters that I regularly work at, but Falco is the only one good enough to be considered my main. I am just concerned about the character's ceiling... I already feel as though I hit it. I hope that Cloud strikes that balance of fun and pseudo-viable. Falco is fun, but he is not what I would consider viable. Zero-Suit Samus is moderately fun (a little repetitive and highly reliant on one of the most punishable grabs) and obviously quite viable, but her play-style does not really equate to mine. My other character is Link, but I hate his design and therefore I feel no connection to him.

I already have character loyalty for Cloud, I enjoy his design, he seems fun (although that has yet to be determined) and people are predicting that he will at least be mid-tier which is certainly okay with me. I could just drop all three of my other characters if Cloud perfectly embodies what I am seeking.

Limits are meant to be broken!
Yeah, my mains are Fox and Captain Falcon, but only till Cloud.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I just got FF7 in the mail! I checked all of the disks and my PS2 can read them all.

I can't say much other than my first impressions, because the only progress I made was the Bombing Mission. What I can say is that I find the gameplay to be very solid and I find the graphics and music to be good so far (though, the field map characters look like they belong on an N64 game... they look nice in-battle). I also find it awkward to move a character on a 3D field with a D-Pad... it's not comforting.

Overall, I thought the first few minutes were pretty solid, but I can't say much overall.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
So, I just part the cross dress part the fall of the pillar and oh my god, the feels are real........

I just got FF7 in the mail! I checked all of the disks and my PS2 can read them all.

I can't say much other than my first impressions, because the only progress I made was the Bombing Mission. What I can say is that I find the gameplay to be very solid and I find the graphics and music to be good so far (though, the field map characters look like they belong on an N64 game... they look nice in-battle). I also find it awkward to move a character on a 3D field with a D-Pad... it's not comforting.

Overall, I thought the first few minutes were pretty solid, but I can't say much overall.
But you have to say, for they are pretty amazing. I personally find them charming.

Stop it already, sheesh!
B-but, Young Link.........

:135:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So, I just part the cross dress part the fall of the pillar and oh my god, the feels are real........

But you have to say, for they are pretty amazing. I personally find them charming.

B-but, Young Link.........

Shouldn't be in Smash again! We have enough Links

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
NnnnOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Just because there are two Links doesn't mean Young link can't come back. We already go 3 Marths and possibly 3 Foxes

We don't have 3 Marths we have Marth, Roy and Lucina. We won't have 3 Foxs we would have Fox, Falco and Wolf.

Link, Toon Link and Young Link won't happen.

Top Bottom