• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm just as excited as y'all are about next Tuesday. It's possible that Cloud could be be released after the broadcast ends and I've been so eager to play as him since his confirmation a few weeks back. Cloud has waited long enough for this moment.

And considering that this will be the final Smash presentation ever, expect some fireworks thereafter.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Guys, I need help with FF7.

I just saved the Flower Girl from the Church and one her way to her house, but there are a bunch of guys blocking the way for me to continue and they keep mentioning 'This shop...' but I don't know what they are talking about.

help?

You need to remember the tech at the time. If I remember correctly, those CD's had a write capacity of 700 or 750 megs. Not even a gig. So, yes, it was huge. Back then your typical wav file was about 100 to 300 kb to give you an idea.
That makes sense.

For comparison's sake:
View attachment 86745
View attachment 86746
View attachment 86747
It might be just a bit shorter, but not by much.
I honestly think the tapering edge, as well as the green color of the blade when it's swung in the trailer, create a kind of optical illusion that makes it seem off.

why does his nose look so weird in the Smash version?

:135:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Good thing the Smash presentation will be during the afternoon hours here since I'll be awake at that time (assuming I don't end up oversleeping that is) and I don't go to work until later that night. :laugh:

Gimmick

Smash Ace

Yeah... I no longer have an interest is getting the FF7 remake. The whole episodic thing killed it for me. Plus how would that even work?

What if I do ridiculous grinding in the first episode and became a level 99 beast? Would I be massively over powered when the next episode comes out, or will I be massively under powered? How will leveling work in general work? What if I don't beat the first episode? Will I be required to do so? Will items be carried over? How will back tracking work? Etcetera, etcetera, etcetera...

Plus apparently each game will be the size of a full Final Fantasy game... If each episode ends up costing forty dollars plus then I'm definitely out.

Also, I hope this extra content they're talking about is worth it. Not an extra 300 GBs so they could add a pool table, chess, flower picking, and the rest of the lottery.

I don't know... That really just pissed me off. Looks like I'll just be getting 15 and FF7 port to PS4.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

Yeah... I no longer have an interest is getting the FF7 remake. The whole episodic thing killed it for me. Plus how would that even work?

What if I do ridiculous grinding in the first episode and became a level 99 beast? Would I be massively over powered when the next episode comes out, or will I be massively under powered? How will leveling work in general work? What if I don't beat the first episode? Will I be required to do so? Will items be carried over? How will back tracking work? Etcetera, etcetera, etcetera...

Plus apparently each game will be the size of a full Final Fantasy game... If each episode ends up costing forty dollars plus then I'm definitely out.

Also, I hope this extra content they're talking about is worth it. Not an extra 300 GBs so they could add a pool table, chess, flower picking, and the rest of the lottery.

I don't know... That really just pissed me off. Looks like I'll just be getting 15 and FF7 port to PS4.
The way I see it, they could put a level cap at each episode...

silverforte

Smash Rookie
Guys, I need help with FF7.

I just saved the Flower Girl from the Church and one her way to her house, but there are a bunch of guys blocking the way for me to continue and they keep mentioning 'This shop...' but I don't know what they are talking about.

help?

That makes sense.

why does his nose look so weird in the Smash version?

Did you go to Aerith's house already? If not, go into the slums with all the deadbeats and junk houses, then go alllll the way to the right of the screen into her house. You can't proceed into the shopping district of that area (next part) until you take Aerith home. Turn on the transition indicator, that thing with the arrows that shows you where you can enter/leave areas.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I still have plenty of cash money on my eShop to purchase Cloud and whatever else may be available after the broadcast.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Did you go to Aerith's house already? If not, go into the slums with all the deadbeats and junk houses, then go alllll the way to the right of the screen into her house. You can't proceed into the shopping district of that area (next part) until you take Aerith home. Turn on the transition indicator, that thing with the arrows that shows you where you can enter/leave areas.
No, that's where I am trying to get too. I've jump across the metal rubble and visited the shops (the area with the guy in the pipe that only says 'oooooooo' 'argh'). If I go left from there, there is another way i can go, but there are 2 people blocking the pipe. If I go down, there is a save point available and if I continue down, the Church is there. So i really don't know what to do. I might use the transition indicator (aka that hand that cause Cloud to break the forth wall)

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
I feel like youd miss so many clearly open areas without using the Indicator. You're practically gimping yourself without it.

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
I could connect with a character In Smash. I just played ZSS cause she was interesting. So I hope Cloud will be that character that I can travel with. I'm putting all f my faith on Cloud.

Moorthen

Smash Apprentice
No, that's where I am trying to get too. I've jump across the metal rubble and visited the shops (the area with the guy in the pipe that only says 'oooooooo' 'argh'). If I go left from there, there is another way i can go, but there are 2 people blocking the pipe. If I go down, there is a save point available and if I continue down, the Church is there. So i really don't know what to do. I might use the transition indicator (aka that hand that cause Cloud to break the forth wall)

If you're trying to get to Aerith's house, go to this area and travel all the way to the yellow light in the upper right side of the screen. It confused me during my playthrough, too.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917

Your loss.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Nope! I'm Canadian through and through. I'm visiting for a month for my sister and Aussie brother-in-law's wedding as the MC.
Oh, you the DJ? Well, hope you enjoy it.

Canada's the best country, eh? :troll:
Well, it does have the greatest super hero ever

If you're trying to get to Aerith's house, go to this area and travel all the way to the yellow light in the upper right side of the screen. It confused me during my playthrough, too.
That part just under the TV screen? I went there and unless it's an awkward spot, nothing happened.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
I would personally use the term "antihero" but otherwise I agree.

Deadpool's the best character ever :laugh:
I'm really bummed movie's going to be rated R though.
He's popular enough; it's not like attendance would have suffered from it being PG-13.
And it's not that I'm to young to go, either.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
DEADPOOL FOR SMASH :troll:

But jokes aside, if a character who doesn't originate from a video game ever gets in Smash, Deadpool would be awesome!
Yes!

Speaking of Deadpool, I just found this and thought it was hilarious

The Merc The Merc What console of Final Fantasy 7 are you playing?
Emulator.

Though don't worry.I finally found Aeris house and now understand the threads title. XD

Though now I am suck trying to get to sector 7 :/

Kiechi

Smash Rookie
When is the Nintendo Direct? I live in Japan,so I would like to figure out what time it starts here?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

I really think the episode thing is it's just bring split up into the 3 disks as episodes wih added stuff.

Top Bottom