• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

761 Miles Per Hour: The Sonic Boards Community Combo Video ~ Trailer Out Now!!!

WedginatorX

Smash Champion
Holding side-B against Cheese until he quits.
Due to several requests from the members of these here boards, there are now plans being made for a Sonic community combo video. Seeing as I have all the editing software and a capture device, I'm going to take charge of the main part- editing it all together. There is a list of some things I do need though:

1. A name- Not just any name. But one that preferably doesn't suck. Hopefully Phoenix sees this; he has a creative mind :) But I'm open to pretty much any ideas so give them a shot.

2. Music- I'm hoping I get some good requests here. I'll need a song for the opening (which will be a little surprise that I'm not telling anybody), 2 songs for the actual combos, and a credit song. They can be songs from Project Chaos or any Sonic game or remixes. At the same time, they don't all HAVE to be from Sonic. If you're making a suggestion I request that you add a link of some sort so we can listen to the song instead of going on a quest to retrieve it from the depths of youtube.

3. A few job positions need to be fullfilled. I've already taken a few of them.
-Editor: WEDGE ~ Job of putting it all together in the end.
-Audio: (N/A) ~ Finds Mp3s of the music that we decide to use for the videos and sends them to the editor.
-Logo Design?: Kojin ~ We need a logo/title graphic for the video. Anyone good with photoshop care to help?
-Recorders: WEDGE, (N/A) x4 ~ About 5 recorders would be good to get this done. A minimum of 3 I suppose, but I've done a little work with CVs before and it gets done a lot quicker with 5. These people will be sent replays over AIM or email, etc. and will record them. Please only people with a capture device. If you have clips that are already recorded on a regular camera, though, those will be accepted as long as the quality is good.

Vote On the CCV Name!
http://polldaddy.com/s/0818171F192BE79B
VOTING IS OVER! The name is 761 Miles Per Hour!

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Km48VFUOLtw

:093:

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
Iv'e done my own video editing for my vids, including logos for them (lKojinSagara Productions logo and the animation from my latest video are good examples) so I can help in that department. I want to see how the community pulls together to make thier own video so I'll help a little bit but leave the editing to you guys.

Logo: Once the main title is agreed on, send me a PM. I'll try to have several ideas if i have the time. can't think of any ideas for the title now tho.

Music: I'll look for ideas on now, I do suggest differing "modes" of music to keep it going, depenfing on how long the vid is ( in most of mines I can get away with one main music and a edited portion of another for like credits or something

vids: If i get the chance I'll record some matches of me, speed, and shado if I see them in tourneys again. i have a dazzle so after matches it should be no problem to record them after they play and they save it to the Wii.

Good luck on this guys, I'm looking for Top Steak here.

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫

Joemama8

Smash Journeyman
I love the first 20 seconds or so when sonic is flippin the wiimote around.... good stuff.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Good luck with this :D

All I have to say really is don't overdo it on the slow mo and special effects, let the footage speak for itself mostly. Well that's what I think when watching a combo video anyways. Also will you be taking footage from tourney matches?

Here's the old community combo thread btw. You may find some interesting ideas here, maybe.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=193255

Napilopez never got it completed because he had collage and was busy a lot of the time. So make sure you have the time to carry this project out.

Also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agUt2mu6db8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_ro-i8XMAk&feature=related

/2cents

WedginatorX

Smash Champion
I'll use anything as long as it's good: tourney, friendlies, even wifi. There are a lot of good steaks out there that unfortunately can't get offline. Or like me, when I go to a tourney I never get to record any replays :l
But you can submit anything. I'm hoping everyone that submits can get around 5 highlights. More would be preferred, but note even though everyone that submits will be in the video, not ALL footage sent in will be used.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
Music Ideas

PV「Without You (feat.MONKEY MAJIK) THe Instrumental is very upbeat and modern and it can serve as a great intro music. But we would need to find the instrumental version, no lyrics.

KAZE NO KIOKU Another Japanese beat that is upbeat. This has some feel as it could have been used in an older game like Sonic CD since. If you dont mind the lyrics this would be nice. If you won't I may do it :)

Sonic & Knuckles - Title Theme (Renegade Mix) VERY nice remix of S&K title screen. can be used as for a small transition into the main video, or even at the end for credits or whatever.

Sonic 3 - Act 2 Boss (Dance Remix) another interesting techno take on Eggman's music.

Ferry Corsten - L.E.F This is probably what I recommend the most as the main theme. Fast upbeat, Loud, explosive music that can fit with the aggressive nature of Sonic's gameplay. Also has a video game feel to it. I have the original track as well so I can send to you if you want. This version is the long version. the CD version is here

Ferry Corsten - Junk ( Flashover Remix) Also hot music. plus the lryics somewhat work with sonic, a bit. there are many remixes done by corsten of this beat, so if you look you may find the version you like best, like this one or maybe this other one

Original version here

Sonic 1 Megamix Music - Misty Maze Zone this could be used for credits.

Egg Disco (Launch Base Zone) This one could also be used for credits

Combo Video Title Ideas:

"Burn the Pavement"
"Maxed Out"
"

Joemama8

Smash Journeyman
heya wedge, how exactly do you want us to get our footage to you? And do you want us to cut out our bits or do you just want full matches with times of combos?

Kupo Rose

Hey Wedge, I've compiled all of my clips (thought I had better "combos" on them but ehh...), do you want me to combine them all into 1 video and send it over? Or should I just leave them as it is?

Kupo Rose

Awesome!

ffffff does Skype/AIM allow files larger than 200MB? (Or 229MB) I was gonna put them on my mediafire account but then I got hit by a 200MB limit. >.<

Just gonna put them on parts.

Kupo Rose

Sure thing, and I'm wondering if it'll be quicker if I upload it onto youtube (lol seriously...). It's gonna take over 2 hours :ohwell: (1h 10 or so mins for each part)

God I hate my internet.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I want that GIF in a smaller length x width if that's possible to do.

In other news, I'm still here, willing to record any replays anybody happens to come across. It's difficult for me to get them myself since the community around here has been dying but meh...

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
I... only have lagfi replays. D:

But if you're lacking material to make this video come true, I might go through the hassle of setting up a Win7 32bit on dual boot so I can use my DVC170 lol

Browny

Smash Hater
Ive got tons of replays... mostly wifi but still, good stuff :p

I wonder if I can be bothered going through them (400 or something...) to find something good >_>

WedginatorX

Smash Champion
@Cero:
Yes if you have adequate replays you can submit them and be a part of this. It's the sonic COMMUNITY combo video, not the sonic-select-few combo video.
And @ all the people who are unsure about submitting wifi replays: dont sweat it. If you're not like a.. >_>
All i'm gonna say is this video will lack any B-B-B-BOKUROLLING! Otherwise if you arent a scrubby spindash spam only wifi sonic and legit in what you do itz all good lol.

CeroPhantom

Smash Cadet
I can get the MP3s of each song. Not really hard to get them.

Also, do we have a limit of how many replays each of us can send in?

Top Bottom