• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

7.0.3 discussion

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
1) well, i would like to have it be legal, but you are right in that it has a large number of supporters

2) i know some people have been mentioning delphino in particular is missing some wall-jump stuff on its transformations.

3) i like that idea. frozen its a good stage, but its standard form is a fine CP.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
everything froho said

also, why do we not release the codesets as closed betas within the wbr so we stop these tiny stupid errors before they hit the general public?
On the other hand, I want Veril to convince me that nothing needs changing - i really dont want to have to see a 7.0.4...

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Some of you who visit the 7.0.3 thread on the public board noticed some peeps said the ledge was making them lose their double jump when you input jump AS you jump from the ledge right?

Well, I've tried to recreate it and to some success it's actually a real "glitch" and not just one too many jump inputs (and yes I am actually still "on the ground"...at least according to animation).

I think the Ledgecancel code is probably the culprit. I'm not knowledgeable in this though so I'm not sure.

Veril

Frame Savant
everything froho said

also, why do we not release the codesets as closed betas within the wbr so we stop these tiny stupid errors before they hit the general public?
On the other hand, I want Veril to convince me that nothing needs changing - i really dont want to have to see a 7.0.4...
I sure would love to answer these questions BUT I CAN'T BECAUSE I DID NOT OK THE RELEASE OF THIS SET! None of the issues are significant enough to merit a 7.04 I HOPE! Just had to get that out. It pretty much f***s me that this was done. I love Corey (Yeroc) and all the work he's done but this was a terrible decision.

@Viet: its completely avoidable with timing, I tested it in frame advance a little while ago and all you have to do to avoid this is make sure that the character leaves jump-squat prior to the frame on which they run off the ledge.

Veril

Frame Savant
So the final codeset isn't really the final codeset.

Sweet.
I'm not willing to do another release (till the fall semester at least) for anything other than bug fixes. Character changes are definitely not an option. Stage changes should be limited to ensuring that wall jump fixes are in, removing Distant Planet+, and seeing that the non-ice summit+ is an available option (which I did want to be in this set).

None of this is critical game changing s*** at all. But yeah, I'm upset as well...

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Well...err poor Link doesn't have his F-air fix because it was voted down...but...it looks like he didn't get his planned 361->35 degree angle swap for his second F-air hit either. @_@

Should...anyone do something about that? S=

Cia

das kwl
I also voted down Link's Fair change. I'm not going to go into too much detail, but the main reason I like the original fair is because i can cover an airdodge with it and punish with the strong hit.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Explanation for why Castle Seige is frozen. Please.

EDIT: I've been getting some IM's from people asking why the codeset is considered "finished" when we're still updating it. And they won't bother playing the game until they know it's the final final final version.

So real talk, let's get our **** together before we update this codeset again. Legit players are beginning to not take this game as seriously anymore and think of us (WBR) as one big joke... and I can't even blame them for that.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
we need some sort of protocol for releasing codesets so this **** doesnt happen again, even if the next time we do this will be in 6 months...
and by protocol, i mean something more than "release it when we finish" because we all know how massively that has failed us more than once

in all honesty, i think the best thing we can do right now is say we released 7.0.3 prematurely, take the dl down, and fix our **** up before we release the real final codeset with EVERYTHING including a working coomon5, the new site, full changelists (including stages), and answers for any question a reasonable player would ask us
because frankly, if our image is really taking a hit like guru says, we have to nip this **** at the bud, man up and admit we ****ed up, and then prove that we can do better by fixing up the codeset first and releasing it later, not the other ****ing way around.

p.s. this post is four massive run-on sentences but i dont give a ****.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i agree with taking the DL down for now and possibly putting 7.0.2 (with the hitstun glitch fix) back up for people to use until we get this **** worked out.

additionally, we'll need a txt file once we're ready for release. i didn't see one with 7.0.3.

Veril

Frame Savant
What s*** is there to work out?

I'm not asking for "why was x or y done", I don't give a **** about that unless its clearly something that got left out. ACTUAL MISTAKES! Link's fair was not an accident. It was OVERWHELMINGLY voted down. Now, if the fair strong hit doesn't have a 35° angle THAT is a f***-up. Distant Planet+ being a part of the DL was a f*** up.

Most importantly, what f*** ups are serious? So far, I haven't seen anything that warrants another release. I'm trying to keep calm about this whole thing, since this release happened independent of me actually getting to test the final 7.03 release package and I did not OK putting up the DL. I didn't want this release to happen (seriously). But it did...

I see no reason not to stick with the same plan I've had all along: keep this set up until the fall, fix bugs and make cosmetic changes as needed. Now, I was not expecting a release to happen without me being consulted... and if it were anyone but Yeroc I would have immediately and permanently removed the person from the wbr (not just the B+broom) over this. What's done is done though :(

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I don't see what the big deal with adding stages to the mix and that somehow discredits the WBR and this set. Except for MAYBE (and that is a HUGE maybe) Link's F-air and Wario's Waft killing himself no character changes are going to be made. Why is there a huge backlash now then?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
the characters are fine. link's fair isn't as big an issue as its being made out to be.

what i find to be a problem is the common5 and the SSS. what i'd like to see changed:
~PS1+ returned (this was actually my bad. i didn't see the pac and put vPS1 over it)
~uniced Summit+ on front page/iced version on second page
~remove of distant planet
~*if we're using the death boundary code, then remove any unnecessary pacs
~unfreeze CS OR remove the ledge fix

Veril

Frame Savant
the characters are fine. link's fair isn't as big an issue as its being made out to be.
Yes, absolutely no more character changes until the fall.

~PS1+ returned (this was actually my bad. i didn't see the pac and put vPS1 over it)
I was really angry when I discovered that, and yes, this needs to be addressed.

~uniced Summit+ on front page/iced version on second page
Yes, I specifically and explicitly requested this.

~remove of distant planet
obv. No big deal there.

~*if we're using the death boundary code, then remove any unnecessary pacs
yes, we are using that code. The unnecessary .pacs should have been removed already.

~unfreeze CS OR remove the ledge fix
We aren't unfreezing CS. The transformation sequence can and WILL save a person being gimped or spiked. This has happened to me in tournament and countless times in friendlies. The second transformation is also an unacceptable piece of s***. I do wish we could get the third isolated though, that stage is amazing. Removing the ledge fix is something that isn't a bad idea per se, but I don't support it since frozen CS is a fine stage in its current form.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
the problem is that frozen CS is almost too fine a stage. most people won't use it for tourneys for the fact that its a borderline neutral stage. adding the original stage's ledges back in will at least add to its legitimacy as a CP if are indeed intent on going that direction.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I still request if we go with freezing CS that we add a .rel that puts an unfrozen CS over a crappy stage like Elecktroplankton or the like because I and I'm sure others like CS as it is.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Homebrew updatifier refuses to work no matter what; adding in the extra stages and textures apparently pushed its download limit (which I had no idea existed), and until giantpune replies back on gbatemp, it's going to be permanently broken.

Top Bottom