• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

6-4 Matchup 27: - November 30th, 2013 - Toronto, Ontario, Canada

MeekSpeedy

Smash Ace

On a side note, I might come to this, just to chill with people.

On a side SIDE note, Black Gold, money match my Fox in Brawl. Since he's a bad character, I'm sure you'll accept.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
Kinda have to update them less frequently then once a month since we only have 1 tournament a month. Usually rankings are based on a series of tournaments (consistency matters, jewish brackets, etc)

unknown522

Some guy
I was supposed to update, but David and camilo don't care. The only change will probably be like David over me.

Also, Reis and Izek not coming didn't help

:phone:

Xelyst

-_-
out of hibernation after 2 years -_- ...

i miss tourneys

haven't seen a few of you in a long *** time...

edit: gurus gonna come too

weon - X

Smash Ace
everybody just wants to be 6th on the rankings. thats not the idea guise. come on where is your ambition???!!!!!!!!!!!! thats the main reason why i dont care

sauc3

Smash Lord
everybody just wants to be 6th on the rankings. thats not the idea guise. come on where is your ambition???!!!!!!!!!!!! thats the main reason why i dont care
i used to have a dream...

id walk into my basement and there would be this well with blackness emitting out, and id be drawn towards it and start falling, then i woke up and got ***** by our top 4.

my dreams get mixed up sometimes

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
Realistically, for the vast majority of us, being the best is simply not a viable option anymore.

I know Kage will disagree with me here, blah blah, but results yield a different response.

_eternal

Smash Apprentice
Eh, I guess it's because I'm still relatively new, but I think improving has more to do with studying the game and spending time on the right kind of training than on... anything else. Certainly not based on how long you've been playing, at any rate, unless you're counting hours (and even then, you can spend hours learning nothing if you're not thinking). You're right though; half of the PR doesn't seem too enthusiastic...

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Realistically, for the vast majority of us, being the best is simply not a viable option anymore.

I know Kage will disagree with me here, blah blah, but results yield a different response.
Care to explain why? >_>

It's not like you guys have put more effort than some of us into this...

_eternal

Smash Apprentice
Well, the bottom half, since I was going with what Camilo said about no one wanting to make top 5. Maybe I'm wrong? Izek and Reis do seem pretty determined least (not that I see you guys often enough to judge levels of determination).

Riddlebox

Smash Journeyman
I don't agree that it's a lack of determination but k. Everyone who has *shown* said determination has a top level player they fairly often visit or play with or can easily go to A&C or w/e. Theory-craft is fine and all but I personally don't feel like it's enough...you can have ideas but execution is way too hard without constant practice. Execution and pressure are way different vs people than CPUs and that year and David's showed me that.

As far as Kurtis and I go, yeah...we aren't very excited about the game anymore (yet he still does very well regardless cause it is more fun to do well out of region).

Mike at the last tournament was more determined than I've ever seen him ...was crazy...

Either way, for me leaving David's was a huge drop in motivation/means to practice what I theory craft properly.

Also if it's such a big deal, you can remove me from PR for someone with more motivation or w/e it's kinda silly to me anyway (gonna happen since I can't go to this one). I'm bad for now anyway.

^ None of this is really gonna change the fact that I'm going to play when I can how I want and find a way to beat you guys and other regions.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
It was awesome. I really wanted to get better and win and I probably played my worst that day in months >_> My fox got like jv 5 stocked by David in tournament. I was like standing still.

unknown522

Some guy
Just keep working at it.

Also, I really wanted to see how Noah would do at this tourney, but he's out of town on that weekend.

Ah well, next time

:phone:

Europhoria

Smash Lord
I have to try and practice Fox a lot more, even if for nothing else but teams - I really want to be decent with a character that doesn't get automatically face rolled by double fox. I think I was playing alright vs. Mikey and some random guy like a week ago at least

Top Bottom