• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

6/21/2008 GIGABITS - Bawling for a Brawling!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoro

Smash Champion
Brawl is for people whole like discovering new tricks and broken tactics and using them to win large sums of money. If you don't want to lose to broken tactics, gtfo, this is game is br-awl-oken, and I people play it to win.

the g in Gmoney stands for "Gets all of your"

I was fine with the results, I wasn't like pissed that Gmoney got 2nd or anything.

go brawl
go gmoney
go spam

I believe the phrase "tornado for money" has never meant more.

a
I dont understand how people are ok with that
but ok

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
That's how Melee is too.

Why does everyone think Melee was some "honorable" game?

Marth had to chain grab Fox and Falco to beat them and Shiek made all but like 6 characters playable in tourney.

The only thing that has changed from Brawl to Melee is the difficulty curve.

Everything that took practice to get good at is now gone and replaced with tripping and infinite sidesteps and air dodges.

Oh and you're basically always safe in Brawl.

I can't stand this hate on the person who won Gigs BS.

Yes Gmoney uses MK and it takes no skill whatsoever.

So what?

He left Gigs 500 dollars richer.

Go play Halo or something you cry babies.

Equi

Smash Ace
The way I look at it is the more people that conform to Snake/MK, the worse its gonna get, the more broken tactics that will be discovered. No doubt that they're the two best characters in the game, but I think people need to keep being creative with their characters no matter what, it's vitally important at this stage. Otherwise it will be MK/Snake for life.

Glad people didn't take prowling too seriously, if anyone got angry then realize you'd basically be johning about ducking, no offense. 'Sall good. If you're intimidated by Wolf's *** well, I hope you overcome this fear, good children.

gmoney, good **** on taking the meta spam further. Mad propz. Honestly Rx- cooled down the spam for a while so it caught me off guard because we all thought (yayz! meta knight hurricane season is over) TOO BAD haha.

There's about a billion shoutouts I could do cuz this tournament was the **** I had such a good time. I don't care if people say Brawl is ghey, it's one of those games where you figure out a trick and pwn people with it. Whatevz. Enjoy it for what it is. Personally I thought the most epic moment was Afro picking MK and taking a round in the MK ditto against gmoney and NEVER playing MK lmao that was crazy and using Seibrik's tactic to top it. That's what I call ADAPTING AND LEARNING AFROMAN!111 YEAHHAHAHAHAH BOI!@!11121111o1nmeee XDXDXDDXDDXDDXDXD ... .. . . .. .

prowl .. . .

.. . . .. .

But yeah, I enjoyed chillin w/ Seibrik (who motivated me into going to tourneys in the first place, bless him for all the days he tried to get me to go the melee ones) afro, loto (**** rainbow cruise thanks for reminding me to ban that for now on lmao good job though man your kirby is so beast) fearless, gingerr (female advice for the win, totally helped me during Danny fight BE PATIENT) alex, icekid (my buddy) riot (you'll do better next time stick to DK k plz no pokemon for you) chops (funny as **** as always, gentlemen's touch 4 life keep it up and you're gonna train and **** next time just cuz ya lambchops and i'm starting to learn how your mind works) linguini (*** voice for life keep petting ostriches ya freak)

Great tournament. Unexpected outcomes. Can't wait until FAST. In fact, I need a ride up there. XD So i'm gonna start asking now will pay gas.

and...

I'll be on the prowl. Don't come into my jungle unless I say so. Only Afro and a couple of others have free passes into the jungle and you gotta show me ya prowl first!

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
Rainbow cruise is gay...really gay...yes i'm johning...i understand what you were talking about equi...don't worry though next time i'm gonna **** me a tornado...gg xYz, don't hate brawl now, your still really good thing is though you might need a secondary...i wouldn't be placing as well as i've been without picking up snake and olimar...and i wouldn't have won that match on luigi's mansion had i not picked olimar vs you game and watch...good ****...i really hate rainbow cruise now, because i didn't even have a fight...it was like i was fighting the stage...gay **** really gay...johns johns johns...skrach you gotta do some singles...gg otru.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
so...about those results? i need my placing number so i can QQ in my bed about how i was _____ spots off from getting money

Zoro

Smash Champion
That's how Melee is too.

Why does everyone think Melee was some "honorable" game?

Marth had to chain grab Fox and Falco to beat them and Shiek made all but like 6 characters playable in tourney.

The only thing that has changed from Brawl to Melee is the difficulty curve.

Everything that took practice to get good at is now gone and replaced with tripping and infinite sidesteps and air dodges.

Oh and you're basically always safe in Brawl.

I can't stand this hate on the person who won Gigs BS.

Yes Gmoney uses MK and it takes no skill whatsoever.

So what?

He left Gigs 500 dollars richer.

Go play Halo or something you cry babies.
I dont agree with you doodah (ok well i agree for most of it but not that its the same)
I dont think melee was an "HONORABLE" game i said melee had gay in it
but brawl is worse much worse.
I dont have hate for gmoney im gonna beat him with ganon thats all.

Brawl is boring thats it

and yeah
Melee you had to be good to be gay
Brawl just takes no skill to be ghey.

Equi

Smash Ace
Yeah, Rainbow Cruise might have been applicable during the Melee days. But now, no. It's just not a Brawl level, and I'm honestly disappointed in the community for even considering it. I also think Luigi's Mansion deserves a ban, good choice and smart fearless. But honestly if Luigi's mansion is mastered someone can sit behind the house and camp and there is NOTHING you can do. If anyone saw my match they'd understand. I'm not johning as I got through the set anyway and fearless played great but I don't think it's right that I have to break down an effing house before I can approach someone who's playing Olimar.

Counterpicks are dandy but you shouldn't have to BREAK the stage to fight. Geez. You pay money for character battles, not some cheesy barbie house breakdown before you fight. Come on. Luigi's Mansion (unless it's teamz)/ Rainbow Cruise for ban. Keep Lylat as a counterpick.

Some people might have fun being Aladdin and riding the magic carpet or playing 'house', but I honestly don't. I don't pay money to jump around like Aladdin instead of fighting, or to break down an effing house before i can even approach a camping character that was IMPOSSIBLE to fight against unless broken down.

Again, not johning as I got through it anyway. This is just a complaint post against those two stages. We go to these tournaments for character battles, not to ride the magic effing carpet and hop around like queers for 24 hours waiting for the grab so the stage kills you, not the character. Anyone who thinks this stage deserves in needs to get a clue.

edit: I understand the counterpick strategy favors certain characters (olimar ownz Luigi's Mansion nuff said in singles cuz only pikmin go through the stilts and nothing else does. So essentially you throw pikmin and you win. But one of the stages needs to be banned or else there will always be one gay stage left. I don't come to tournaments to fight the stage itself.

-Dixi_

Smash Cadet
who doesn't love dying at 30% to a throw because the stage is all the way to the left/up all the way or die because you dont have an amazing vertical recovery like kirby and a ****ing carpet disappears?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
im starting to see more and more why rainbow cruise/luigi mansion should be banned. if there were a vote, i'd say to ban them both. and I didnt lose a set because of either stage in singles, so my motive isnt from that

and dont worry zoro, ill never drop diddy to pick up snake/meta for tourneys. neither of them are any fun to me personally.

speaking of which, for people who have trouble against MK, pick up diddy or snake. they both **** him if you know what you're doing.

ghaudephaede010

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, Rainbow Cruise might have been applicable during the Melee days. But now, no. It's just not a Brawl level, and I'm honestly disappointed in the community for even considering it. I also think Luigi's Mansion deserves a ban, good choice and smart fearless. But honestly if Luigi's mansion is mastered someone can sit behind the house and camp and there is NOTHING you can do. If anyone saw my match they'd understand. I'm not johning as I got through the set anyway and fearless played great but I don't think it's right that I have to break down an effing house before I can approach someone who's playing Olimar.

Counterpicks are dandy but you shouldn't have to BREAK the stage to fight. Geez. You pay money for character battles, not some cheesy barbie house breakdown before you fight. Come on. Luigi's Mansion (unless it's teamz)/ Rainbow Cruise for ban. Keep Lylat as a counterpick.

Some people might have fun being Aladdin and riding the magic carpet or playing 'house', but I honestly don't. I don't pay money to jump around like Aladdin instead of fighting, or to break down an effing house before i can even approach a camping character that was IMPOSSIBLE to fight against unless broken down.

Again, not johning as I got through it anyway. This is just a complaint post against those two stages. We go to these tournaments for character battles, not to ride the magic effing carpet and hop around like queers for 24 hours waiting for the grab so the stage kills you, not the character. Anyone who thinks this stage deserves in needs to get a clue.

edit: I understand the counterpick strategy favors certain characters (olimar ownz Luigi's Mansion nuff said in singles cuz only pikmin go through the stilts and nothing else does. So essentially you throw pikmin and you win. But one of the stages needs to be banned or else there will always be one gay stage left. I don't come to tournaments to fight the stage itself.
Wow Equi. I think what you complain about with Luigi's Mansion is lame. If that stage is not a counter pick, then what is? Battlefield? Come on dude, we all know it is a counter pick stage. It did to you, what it was supposed to do and now you are upset with that? That makes no sense.

I have yet to match somebody on Rainbow Cruise but as far as I can see, it is not a counter pick stage and should be banned for the same reasons everyone else states.

People did not know you could move your shield... wow... Just wow...

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
few things on my mind.

I want to apologize to equi for a acting like a lil *****.... it's not like me to be pissed off, I usually keep my cool, but ya.... I just couldn't. I respect you as a person, and I think you're cool as ****. On the other hand, I really cant say the same to you as a competitive player, I believe you stooped yourself to a new low. And you're the first person to make me quit a tournament match with the gayness. GJ ...I'll be quite honest with you... I was coming for blood, and I was praying to meet you in losers. I already knew what I had to do to adapt, and beat you.

that "technique" was:

backair turtle fvck
shieldgrab to tech chase upsmash
charged bucket fvck.

and thats all I did to win THAT match... which i will continue to do against you and "prowling", chops and skratch taught me how to adapt, and that I did. Hope to never play another tournament match with you. But I can't be hard on you at the same time, the great Angry Lobster once said..."you play how you play to win... other just might not praise you for it" or something along those lines, with that, good stuff placing 4th.

No, im not quitting brawl, I <3 the community, and the new age of smashers alot to quit. I love the monthly gigs shinanigans that goes down as well, so you'll be seeing my tall *** for tourneys to come.

gmoney good **** getting 2nd, this will hopefully earn you a spot on top10, or get you a honerable mention, one of the two. i'm hoping its top 10.... and don't sweat the small ****, I was just in the zone, you know were cool.

WOW..... SO MANY upsets!!! wtf!!! so many good ppl didn't even make brakets!!?!? kinda crazy if you ask me.

and LOL at tornadoes, its so beatable, that **** doesn't fly with me....

Brawl is fun for what it is, but at the same time very gay... you play to win and you get **** for it later... that's just how it is.

underscore_

Smash Journeyman
I want to apologize to equi for a acting like a lil *****.... it's not like me to be pissed off, I usually keep my cool, but ya.... I just couldn't. I respect you as a person, and I think you're cool as ****. On the other hand, I really cant say the same to you as a competitive player, I believe you stooped yourself to a new low. And you're the first person to make me quit a tournament match with the gayness. GJ ...I'll be quite honest with you... I was coming for blood, and I was praying to meet you in losers. I already knew what I had to do to adapt, and beat you.

that "technique" was:

backair turtle fvck
charged bucket fvck.

and thats all I did to win THAT match... which i will continue to do against you and "prowling", chops and skratch taught me how to adapt, and that I did. Hope to never play another tournament match with you. But I can't be hard on you at the same time, the great Angry Lobster once said..."you play how you play to win... other just might not praise you for it" or something along those lines, with that, good stuff placing 4th.

No, im not quitting brawl, I <3 the community, and the new age of smashers alot to quit. I love the monthly gigs shinanigans that goes down as well, so you'll be seeing my tall *** for tourneys to come.

gmoney good **** getting 2nd, this will hopefully earn you a spot on top10, or get you a honerable mention, one of the two. i'm hoping its top 10.... and don't sweat the small ****, I was just in the zone, you know were cool.

WOW..... SO MANY upsets!!! wtf!!! so many good ppl didn't even make brakets!!?!? kinda crazy if you ask me.

Brawl is fun for what it is, but at the same time very gay... you play to win and you get **** for it later... that's just how it is.
what did equi do gay? he used WOLF for christ sakes.

SabinX

Smash Journeyman
xyz and a good MK spam in top 5, equi getting progressively better as he has been and now in top 5 still rocking in doubles with afro who wins 1st again. sounds about right.

good stuff.

Equi

Smash Ace

that "technique" was:

backair turtle fvck
charged bucket fvck.

I could care less honestly. And I'm not picking a fight here, lmao. You're playing the third best character in the game, the best turtling game in the universe, a bair that breaks shields, a dair that makes it impossible for me to approach you in the air. What do you expect me to do, approach you in the air and get pwned? G&W is broken. Wolf is mid tier. If I play against a smart G&W aggressively, I lose. In the set I beat you in, I tilted, used bair, uair, fsmash, dsmash, I used all of Wolf's moves depending on the situation and got you one hit at a time patiently and played smart cuz you're xyz, and you tell me I stooped to a new low? lmao w.e. bro, guess what? Prowling is a joke haha and I could honestly care less what you say from here on out. I played my ultimate best against you and call me cheap. I didn't even prowl. Do you even know what it is? Ducking bro. You ****** about ducking. I didn't even prowl you during our match until you beat me in losers cuz I wanted to show you what it was. Nothing. You ***** me when I prowled. Learn what cheapness if before you call me out on it next time. k?

You actually have the nerve to call my Wolf cheap when there's MKz pressing B and winning. Give me a break dude. Get over yourself LOL. How go G&Wz win around the country, the best ones at least? Turtling. They sit there and spam bair and space perfectly. Ever hear of Needle of Jintah or w.e., sure you have. Which is what Brawl is. You play gay to win and we're all doing it. Honestly during the second set I stopped playing gay, cuz obviously playing to win isn't very much respected here in our little community haha. What did I do with Wolf? walked around menacingly and spaced ftilts and bairs/shine and the occasional up b out of the shield and the occasional mindgame laser. I also used his shines in situation where you could hit me, but of course I'm just being cheap, none of this requires skill after all haha. All **** i had to think really hard about. I've been revitalizing Wolf's game for the past two weeks, doing my homework with a mid tier character, and thinking how to make him better and you say I've stooped to a new low? LMAO. Whatever dude. It's all good. Do what you gotta do and play for ya blood. Funny thing is I didn't even prowl you once, once, during our first set. The whole thing was a mindgame joke, and it obviously got to ya.

I'm gonna make up a new mindgame tomorrow and maybe you'll call it cheap. Woohoo. Woodee doo. It's gonna be called howling brotha. Gonna taunt constantly with wolf and hopefully no one QQz. Oh and btw, don't ever ask for housing again. kthnx.

I'm anticipating our rematch, brotha.

Equi

Smash Ace
Wow Equi. I think what you complain about with Luigi's Mansion is lame. If that stage is not a counter pick, then what is? Battlefield? Come on dude, we all know it is a counter pick stage. It did to you, what it was supposed to do and now you are upset with that? That makes no sense.

I have yet to match somebody on Rainbow Cruise but as far as I can see, it is not a counter pick stage and should be banned for the same reasons everyone else states.

People did not know you could move your shield... wow... Just wow...
Rainbow Cruise was a counterpick stage.

Luigi's Mansion is fair game in teamz IMO. And I realize camping is a huge part of Brawl. However, to have to break a stage before attacking the opponent because of house support, or to destroy a house before the match even begins. Well whatever. I guess keep it. One day you'll face an Olimar on that level and you'll see what I mean.

But maybe you have a point, if only like one character truly ownz on that level, I suppose. It's debatable, really.

SæQuo010

Smash Apprentice
still people showing their ***** and looking stupid for it. Equi nothing breaks shields except the........... Yeah you guessed it the shield breaker!!!!

If the turtle is hitting you on the last hit it is because you are not moving the shield down.

This is so crazy people. Now do you see why people say florida is behind? We have not yet mastered the universal controls for every person in the game, let alone mastered have someone master who they main. Instead of john john john you could learn learn learn!!!

Loto

Smash Ace
I could care less honestly. And I'm not picking a fight here, lmao. You're playing the third best character in the game, the best turtling game in the universe, a bair that breaks shields, a dair that makes it impossible for me to approach you in the air. What do you expect me to do, approach you in the air and get pwned? G&W is broken. Wolf is mid tier. If I play against a smart G&W aggressively, I lose. In the set I beat you in, I tilted, used bair, uair, fsmash, dsmash, I used all of Wolf's moves depending on the situation and got you one hit at a time patiently and played smart cuz you're xyz, and you tell me I stooped to a new low? lmao w.e. bro, guess what? Prowling is a joke haha and I could honestly care less what you say from here on out. I played my ultimate best against you and call me cheap. I didn't even prowl. Do you even know what it is? Ducking bro. You ****** about ducking. I didn't even prowl you during our match until you beat me in losers cuz I wanted to show you what it was. Nothing. You ***** me when I prowled. Learn what cheapness if before you call me out on it next time. k?

You actually have the nerve to call my Wolf cheap when there's MKz pressing B and winning. Give me a break dude. Get over yourself LOL. How go G&Wz win around the country, the best ones at least? Turtling. They sit there and spam bair and space perfectly. Ever hear of Needle of Jintah or w.e., sure you have. Which is what Brawl is. You play gay to win and we're all doing it. Honestly during the second set I stopped playing gay, cuz obviously playing to win isn't very much respected here in our little community haha. What did I do with Wolf? walked around menacingly and spaced ftilts and bairs/shine and the occasional up b out of the shield and the occasional mindgame laser. I also used his shines in situation where you could hit me, but of course I'm just being cheap, none of this requires skill after all haha. All **** i had to think really hard about. I've been revitalizing Wolf's game for the past two weeks, doing my homework with a mid tier character, and thinking how to make him better and you say I've stooped to a new low? LMAO. Whatever dude. It's all good. Do what you gotta do and play for ya blood. Funny thing is I didn't even prowl you once, once, during our first set. The whole thing was a mindgame joke, and it obviously got to ya.

I'm gonna make up a new mindgame tomorrow and maybe you'll call it cheap. Woohoo. Woodee doo. It's gonna be called howling brotha. Gonna taunt constantly with wolf and hopefully no one QQz. Oh and btw, don't ever ask for housing again. kthnx.

I'm anticipating our rematch, brotha.
Wow Equi....at least he apologized though...then you smack him in the face with this...=/

Frames

DI
Geez, all this talk about gay tactics, it's time for my story!!

I got knocked out of losers by a guy who switched to Dedede for no other reason than to chain throw me on the walk-off sections of delfino plaza. To be honest, i don't even think he knew any other move than down throw, and it was pretty shameless.

Even though I lost, I wasn't that upset, cause I realized people are just gonna play gay, everyone wants to win, I understand that, so its just something we have to deal with if we're gonna keep playing this game, I guess i just gotta learn to deal with it. NO johns.

Also, why the hate on Gmoney, he didn't even win, if he won singles that would've been one thing, but he didn't, so obviously it's not as gay as everyone is making it out to be.

Equi

Smash Ace
still people showing their ***** and looking stupid for it. Equi nothing breaks shields except the........... Yeah you guessed it the shield breaker!!!!

If the turtle is hitting you on the last hit it is because you are not moving the shield down.

This is so crazy people. Now do you see why people say florida is behind? We have not yet mastered the universal controls for every person in the game, let alone mastered have someone master who they main. Instead of john john john you could learn learn learn!!!
Cool. But positionally speaking I don't like the amount of options G&W has after the spaced bair so I prefer not to stay in the same spot even if the shield does outlast, I would rather reset the fight.. True you can fsmash out of shield with Wolf afterwards, but it doesn't always work.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
daaaaaaaaaamn equi

in the great words of futurama..."war were declared"

seriously though, i hope you two can patch things up in the near future. shouldnt bicker over stupid stuff like prowling or whatever you two are arguing about.

SOMEONE BECKON CECIL. I WANT TO SEE MY FAILURE RESULTS NOW

Equi

Smash Ace
What people fail to understand is, the best tactic/mindgame in Brawl is to stand still.

That's the peak of the meta game folks, sorry.

SæQuo010

Smash Apprentice
Yo Mamma!!! oooh

He is the guy that changed grand finals.

And the only guy that will beat out gmoneys mk everytime.

B-stick a lucas and you have no tornado to worry about!!

Honestly I am the guy that was hype all day about gmoney!!!

I gave great tips to alot of people because I want to see the game move foward!!

Xyz: don't forget about what I said about danny and chaz team!!

GDX: dash attack into throw when shielded!!! You have the best diddy.

Fiu: It is melee and you can move your shield!!

Gmoney: Fvck them this **** is free stay pringles and curl yo mustache!!

Hiroshi: Don't quit brawl just play teams cuz that is where you know you ****. Have you tried to have Hbox play snake and steal his nades? He looks so pimp and 4 nades on screen at one time!!!

underscore_

Smash Journeyman
Yo Mamma!!! oooh

He is the guy that changed grand finals.

And the only guy that will beat out gmoneys mk everytime.

B-stick a lucas and you have no tornado to worry about!!
what are you talking about. people knew to tilt your shield against nadoes.

SæQuo010

Smash Apprentice
really? Did you see Winners finals compared to Grand finals? Afro never once in winners finals utilted out of shiled on a nado. Grand finals 77% of his kills are........ Yeah you guessed it utilt out of shield to kill gmoney after guarding nado!!

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
is saequo that one lucas player i played with diddy then sonic in the 1st round?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom