• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

6/21/08 MELEE-FC QUEST: South Bend, IN Replacing the Ohio Circuit Event!

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
6/21/08
Registration begins at 10am EST
TOURNAMENT BEGINS AT 11am EST
4332 Hickory Rd.
Mishawaka, IN 46545
http://www.edwardrose.com/HickoryVillage/Location/location.html

To get here from N/E/W, take Exit 83 on I80/I90. Turn left/south onto Capital Rd. and take it to Day Rd. (3rd stop light). Turn right/west and take the road until it dead-ends into Grape Rd. Turn left and go to the next light (Edison Rd.), turn right. The next light is Hickory Rd, turn right. You'll pass the movie theater on your right and you'll see Hickory Village apartments on the right just past it.

To get here from the south, take 31 north until you get to the 20/31 Bypass. Take that east and get off at the Ironwood exit. Take Ironwood north until you get to Edison Rd. Turn right and go until you hit Hickory Rd (watch for Little Caesar's on your left). Turn left and watch for Hickory Village on your right.

Singles: $15
Doubles: $15/person
Venue fee: $5 (waived if you bring a setup!)

This is being held in a community building at Hickory Village Apartments. It is replacing the Cleveland tournament that got canceled at the last minute.

Joshu Cell phone: 574-210-8751. Call for directions day-of if needed.

Food: Little Caesar's is a 2 minute drive away. Other fast food restaurants are within a 5 minute drive.

WE WILL USE A STAGE STRIKE SYSTEM. Players will take turns striking stages off an extended list until only one remains.
Neutrals: FD, BF, SV, Delphino, YI, Halberd, Lylat, PS1, Castle Siege

Banned: Mushroomy I&II, Rumble Falls, Eldin, Spear Pillar, PTAD, WarioWare, New Pork City, Summit, 75m, Mario Bros, FZ2, Hanenbow, Shadow Moses, Temple, Onett, Green Greens, Big Blue.

Counters: The rest

Overswarm

is laughing at you
hahahhaaha.a..... I literally laughed out loud at this. Totally didn't expect that.

Kel

Smash Master
Yeah, anyone willing to house for tonight?

If enough people show up I'll just make this the circuit event. I'm just worried about the numbers... SO EVERYBODY COME!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Dr. X, Eduardo, Infern, Overswarm, Kel, Q, Scarecrow

^all coming

probably Sliq too, we'll see

KishPrime

BRoomer
Yes, please bring setups.

We'll plan on $15 entry fees plus $5 venue fee. That way it's the same as what everyone has been planning for.

EDIT: Minor update in first post. Please note that the tournament will begin at 11am EST (that's 10am for all you central peeps).

RDK

Smash Hero
I thought it was starting at noon?

And are we just transferring the old ruleset over to this one?

KishPrime

BRoomer
Yeah, $15/person for doubles. Noon was a typo, it starts at 11am. And yes, you're all required to go to this.

Also, directions added to first post.

Rules will be different. Post will be edited soon.

KishPrime

BRoomer
I thought it was starting at noon?
Sorry, I just saw your post in the other thread, requesting it to start later. We need to be out by midnight, so our hands are tied in starting it by 11am. Worst case scenario, we'll give you and your doubles partner a discount and you can enter the doubles bracket with a bottom-seed (unless there are still unplayed pools when you arrive, which is possible). You'll definitely be included in singles.

RDK

Smash Hero
Sorry, I just saw your post in the other thread, requesting it to start later. We need to be out by midnight, so our hands are tied in starting it by 11am. Worst case scenario, we'll give you and your doubles partner a discount and you can enter the doubles bracket with a bottom-seed (unless there are still unplayed pools when you arrive, which is possible). You'll definitely be included in singles.
Well my doubles partner probably isn't going anymore because of the move, so unless I team with someone at the venue then it doesn't really bother me. As long as I make it for singles everything's cool.

What time exactly do singles start?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Well my doubles partner probably isn't going anymore because of the move, so unless I team with someone at the venue then it doesn't really bother me. As long as I make it for singles everything's cool.

What time exactly do singles start?
After doubles, probably XD

just get there ASAP yo! You can do MMs (like with me) while waiting ^_^

RDK

Smash Hero
That's what I'm planning on doing. I want to have enough time to do friendlies and MM's before the singles start.

RDK

Smash Hero
Holy crap, I just noticed in the title that it's Melee now instead of Brawl? Even better!

KishPrime

BRoomer
Hmm... should we call it BRAWL-FC? Would everyone feel more comfortable with that?

Also, rules posted. Note that we're doing a stage strike system. w00t.

Finally, it's one day notice because it's a replacement tourney for another one that flopped :p

Tink

Smash Hero
rofl man, the stages before were soooo good. i was looking forward to them <_<.

btw, im stupid, how does the stage strike thing work?

_kSo_

Smash Master
I would have said I was coming kuz I wanted to go to FC this year, but today was the first time I heard about it

Sadly enough, I will not be able to make this one.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
lol, big tournament announced a day before it happens. Wish I could make this. ;_;

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
If you guys were to change it to BRAWL, you'd have to come up with a new acronym to go for it, since MELEE stood for Misunderstood Enthusiasts Living Extraordinary Existence.

EDIT: Oh and Tim, not to confuse our out-of-towners, there is no light for Edison on Capital, it would most likely be Day Rd. that you'd want people to take a right on.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Man, I really wish I could go to this especially with the wonderful stage list. One of the best I've seen, especially with the stage striking system. Dammit.

Sliq

Smash Master
I don't think I'm going to make it out to this, considering I have been procrastinating on preparing to go back to Cincinnati because I thought I wouldn't have to drive 10 hours round trip to go to a tournament, and now none of my **** is packed or ready.

I may consider it, but don't get your hopes up. I really want to go, but I also want to go back to school prepared. I don't need to start the quarter off behind. I'll get there soon enough. -_-

TL;DR

Johns

Top Bottom