• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

59% Attendance - School No Longer Accepting My Parents' Sick Notes

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
I don't think the TC sees just how stupid he sounds. I suppose that's to be expected though, I mean how smart could he be if he misses so much school?

Mr.Bazerkus

Smash Journeyman
My Teacher was actually talking about this during school, and he brought up a very valid point.
Do you think if their was no school are Parents would allow us to sit around and Play video Games all day?
No they'd say "Get of your butt and Contribute to this family". Many Kids in the 1800 helped their parents gain a little money to support our their family. But Now Education has taken its place. That's why school starts at the time it does. It is supposed to get us ready for work so when your out of high school your used to "waking up ****en early as hell in the morning". This unrelated to the post but I honestly think this is a flaw system. I mean is 7 am really the optimal time to be learning Calculus you know when your half a sleep and barely even paying attention. And this is the 21st century not all jobs even start at 6 o'clock in the morning. You have a lot of people working at home and their are even jobs where you can go and leave as needed.

Anyways I rather have school because then I wouldn't have to work at home, and besides in school you have friends. Yes you may lose a lot of them when college comes. But the true ones will stay with you for the rest of your life.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Seriously, you don't appreciate how much school rocks until after you've finished. Trust me, looking back at it, those were good times man.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
Yeah, school was awesome. Senior year, I had literally no "important" classes. Almost half my day was study hall. But I had two awesome teachers, and loads of fun messing around with friends. Good memories. Even crappy classes can be great once you have friends in that class. When it was time for graduation, I was actually sad, because now it was time for responsibility, and I knew eventually all my good friends would move far away.

And school is great for socializing. I had loads of fun ****ing around during/after play practice. It was great hanging around people I normally wouldn't just because we happened to be in the same club or group.

School is what you make it out to be. That's all there is to it.

D

Deleted member

You guys changed my mind somewhat on school... I need to study harder and make more of an effort, I'm on the verge of failing several classes.

Thanks.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Be happy you are only on the "verge" of failing. If you miss 10 days at my school, you get no credits that semester.

Get back to study, though, and good luck with it.

justaway12

Smash Master
in my school alot of people like wagging it(not the smartest people in school), i have friend who never does P.E because he doesn't wear underwear i think in his last school they all took shower's afterward's

saggy_brown

Smash Cadet
In my school district, you get kicked out if you miss 18 days.

Deal with it. Actually, you should be kicked out. I'm going to laugh when the 'waste of your time' could've gotten you into a good college and allowed you to have a decent job.

Enjoy working at McDonalds.
18!!!!! LUCKY, at my school you get 9

brinboy789

Smash Champion
^^ lol

you just have to learn to deal with school...lol

school is fun especially when your in classes with your friends. if your not then make friends i used to have no friends in spanish class. now i know half the class and i look forward to it even though its spanish -_-; school can be fun, you can socialize, you just gotta know when to do it

Wrath`

Smash Master
I dont understand why you would want to miss school, there are some day where you cna feel like shi- and not want to go, but it always cheers me up to hang with friends and stuff.

slave1

Smash Lord
I don't skip school per se, I simply take a lot of sick days. School's a waste of time anyways,
sorry your an idiot for saying that. what do you want to do in life. be a plumber. heck you cant be a plumber unless you are certified. you know how you become certified... you go to school.

suck it up and deal with it. if you fail in life dont be going to the government and ask for help. you brought it upon yourself.

and think of it this way. what kind of girl wants to date a high school flunky who can only hold a job as a cashier at a gas station.

think about it. and your parents should have not let you do this either.

and to those people out there that hate school...change your dispositions quickly or your not going to make it through college. frankly its not bad, sitting at home while everyone one is gone sucks so much more than going.

Scott!

Smash Lord
you just have to learn to deal with school...lol

school is fun especially when your in classes with your friends. if your not then make friends i used to have no friends in spanish class. now i know half the class and i look forward to it even though its spanish -_-; school can be fun, you can socialize, you just gotta know when to do it
This is great truth. In high school, though I didn't like getting up that early (like everyone), I didn't mind school itself. Sure, classes were often useless. I was smart enough to not have to try that hard, and I still aced most of it. But I still did the homework, went to class, and all that silly stuff. If you can't deal with that stuff in school, you can't deal with that stuff in a job. And you can't take off 4 of 6 weeks at a job, or you won't have a job to skip. But school can be fun, through all of the mindless work. Most of my best friends were (and still are, years later) in these classes. The silly classes brought us together. So don't write school off as useless. You might actually regret it later.

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
Attending school != Intelligence
Regurgitation of text != Intelligence

If the OP seeks knowledge outside of school thats fine, but if he just does does nothing, then IMO thats just stupid. In the end, he has his own free will. This society isn't about intelligence, its about financial success and repeating w.e it is like a robot. Intelligence != 100% financial success. Even then financial success is subjective.

"Some of you guys sound like you suck at School. The lowest grade I have is a C+." GOOD BOY WOULD YOU LIKE A TREAT?

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
Actually, he's under 18, he doesn't have his own free will =)

And while intelligence isn't everything, it sure as hell helps. A lot.

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
Are you implying I said its not important?

Oh yeah I forgot you guys live in the police state :\ Its gettin pretty ghey here too.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I hate people like you because you make it harder for those of us who are actually legitimately sick to deal with school.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
It's not my fault you're in a wheelchair, man. :(
Not my fault you're a lazy *** *****. There are only some people I hate in this world. You're one of them. Drop your balls, stop whining, and deal with school. Or be a ****** and fail in society. Thank you for your time.

/subscription

Mr.Bazerkus

Smash Journeyman
Schools not even that bad I mean

Were else can you find a bunch of h**** young teenage girls wearing short shorts and skirts and shirts that leave little to the imagination. The kinds of things I've seen in high school have made it all worth it. I mean I thought middle school was dirty but no high school is in a whole new level. One that surpasses even my h****ness

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999

Were else can you find a bunch of h**** young teenage girls wearing short shorts and skirts and shirts that leave little to the imagination.
Man, your city must be uptight on a dress code then if the only place you can find those kind of girls is in school. :laugh:

On-topic: While the public school system is not perfect (let's face it, school is basically one giant memorization and are anti-intellecutal society will call you a snob if you're a Harvard alumni) it's not all pointless

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Guys, why are we trying to talk people into going to school? If they don't do well, it just means a slightly less competitive work environment for the rest of us!

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Jam's right. Everybody listen to Lawlb0t and teach yourself everything!

*goes off back to college*

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447

Were else can you find a bunch of h**** young teenage girls wearing short shorts and skirts and shirts that leave little to the imagination. The kinds of things I've seen in high school have made it all worth it. I mean I thought middle school was dirty but no high school is in a whole new level. One that surpasses even my h****ness
Uhh, try going to a Quaker high school. Granted, that stuff went on in private at people's house parties and stuff, but we had a pretty strict dress code.... and people were very discreet with their business during school hours.

It was a whole different animal compared to the public school I came from.

Smash Master
LOL. More like school has no benefit if you're studying up to fix cars or build furniture and you want to be ignorant and generally uneducated. I don't care what you want to do with your life, you should still know general history, understand language and math, and be able to follow sciences. Please.
I totally disagree. The way I see it, as long as you don't hurt anybody else, you should be allowed to do whatever you want. If you want to be ignorant of the world around you, that's fine; just please don't vote.

My dentist dropped out of high school and got her GED. She makes way more than most people.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Well, what did you expect? You were skipping school.

Either you go, and have a life, or you skip, and then regret it big time.

Simple, really.

D

Deleted member

you play DDD and you think school is boring?

explain yourself.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I totally disagree. The way I see it, as long as you don't hurt anybody else, you should be allowed to do whatever you want. If you want to be ignorant of the world around you, that's fine; just please don't vote.

My dentist dropped out of high school and got her GED. She makes way more than most people.
Put simply, the way you see it is wrong. These students can't do whatever they want, because they don't know what they want. They are still immature adolescents or younger and they don't know what is in their best interests; that is why their parents make decisions for them until they are at least 18 years old. They shouldn't be allowed to want to be ignorant of the world around them.

Students need schooling that isn't career oriented for a hundred reasons. General education allows them to figure out what interests them. It gives them basic general knowledge so they don't walk around like uneducated heathens the rest of their life. It introduces them to the wonders of science and literature. It cultures them. It develops their thinking, their brain capacities, so that they can actually succeed in becoming whatever it is that they want to do... when they are finally ready to do that.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
Yeah, try figuring out the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow without taking at least a beginner's physics class.

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Slowly starting to enjoy my mothertongue again. :)
Aren't I a lucky kid, in Germany you get to do 13 years of school.

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Oh well, I'm skipping a grade soon and w/e. I just sleep in class, do perfect in tests, chat with friends during break and go home yawning. Seriously, it's not that I don't learn anything at school. It's just that it goes at such a slow pace that I don't notice it.

I could also rant forever about my teachers. I got a new french teacher this year and my french has gotten steadily worse since then.

Yeah, try figuring out the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow without taking at least a beginner's physics class.
"What do you mean? African or European?"

"Well, I- I duno AAAAAAAAAAA *screams*"

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I've had 6 weeks of school this year and have missed 4 in total.

I don't skip school per se, I simply take a lot of sick days. School's a waste of time anyways, most days I do no work and so do my school mates. I wish they had contacted me in school instead of exacting revenge on my parents like this.
Um... dude, that's basically the same thing, it's just that your parents I guess are letting you do it which I don't understand why they would allow it to do so, you my friend are missing out so much on a good valuable education, I pity you if you only go just to 'hang around' and not learn anything that's actually educational.

Top Bottom