• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

4th Generation (Pearl Diamond) Pokemon:Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

smashman90

Smash Lord
I have an idea for a mode that they could have in the game. Like after you defeat the elite four of the new region in d/p, you unlock a bonus mode where you can start over in a different region like Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn. I don't know if Orre would be a good idea since we never encountered any. Then you can pick from the starters in that region and then pick one starter from the rest of the regions when you reach the profs. towns. The only problem (s) I see with this is that it would require a lot of power so the graphics would probably look like gba games but most of the graphics for the gba pokemon games were pretty good so it might not be too much of a bad thing.

xzakcorex

Smash Journeyman
Having multiple regions in the game would not have any bearing on the graphics of the game. Multiple regions would, of course, require more memory storage; but because a DS cart is capable of storing much more than a GBA cart, I can't imagine that this would be a problem.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Yes, you can. That is the new versioin of the previous Pokémon contests. They are now called Super contests (how creative). You have several rounds. One of them is to make your Pokémon look nice with some accesoires. You also have a dancing round and of course the battle preformances.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
So don't do them. They were a side-quest, and one I found rather refreshing.

kill_shot

Smash Journeyman
yeah this game looks sweet! does anyone know what original pokemon are returning?

Skywalker

Space Jump
All of them. Some of them must be recieved via a trade and possibly caught in the Safari Zone.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Cool, serebii.net shows the 8 Gym Leaders(without info about their Pokémon types though) and announces that it's possible for Mukkuru to have 2 evolutions. I'm too lazy to post everything, go and look for yourself. www.serebii.net

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Serebii.net has gathered some more new info from D/P. Check both their front news page and their forums for more info...

Edit: They now have screenshots of the evolved forms of the Starter Pokemon. Needless to say, spoilers, though the site makes you click a button before showing them.

The Franchise

Smash Journeyman
Serebii.net now has sprites for all the new D/P pokemon up at its site. Check it out. There are some surprises with old pokemon getting new evolutions.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
It's nice to see old pokemon getting EVOLUTIONs instead of the pre-evo crap. I know I'll be after the
Togetic
evo. Definetly going after the dragon/ghost poke :p

EDIT: And the Starters? I'm definetly going for the grass one now. It just looks cool in it's final form.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
NGCXX- sure, wich starter did you choose?, if it´s not Naetaru I want to trade one for a starter (after breeding) of yours, I don´t have either the water or fire one...

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hehe sure, I got Pochama so let's both breed our starter and trade ^^

Hmm, wait a sec, where can I get a ditto?

Smasher89

Smash Lord
NGCXX- You will need to complete the pokedex( of 150 pokés) in order to get ditto, at same time when you recieve the national dex you will get another key item wich you will use east of the city with the 7 gym...
( To bad Im at school right now so trading will be later since no open Wi/Fi)

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok, smasher89, thanks for the info. Do you have msn or something? Would be a lot better now. for discussing things etc.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
The Japanese versions have glitches that let you get the event Pokemon, obviously without having to go to an event. I just hope to God Nintendo doesn't fix this in the translation, though no doubt they will. -_-

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's sad but true, McFox. The glitches aren't gonna be in the NTSC and PAL versions, as Nintendo announced.

Ah hell, I'll trade you a Darkrai if you want, McFox :p

KirbyMan3000

Smash Lord
I WOULD get the Japanese import just for Darkrai and Sheimi but since I'm not exactly FLUENT in Japanese I don't think it'd be a smart idea. I've read news articles where people who had the glitch that allowed them to get the event pokemon had their game files completely erased to make it seem like a totally brand new game if you didn't complete the criteria perfectly when obtaining the legendaries.

Real shame, it'd be nice to have some event pokemon for once when you can trade between different countries now...

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Kirbyman- There is a pretty big chance that you can´t get one of the D/P´s that allows you to surf trough the E4 doors, since nintendo has made new copies of the games without the glitch...

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
D/P has been officially annouced for US release on April 22nd 2007.

foxandyounglink

Smash Journeyman
Yes these games look great....but one thing i will always miss is those beauty contests....the version they have in this game looks very odd... otherwise it looks awesome

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I've always thought the creator of pokemon made all his, um, pokemon before the first game was even created. All these have already been in existence. They just weren't released until now.

This doesn't include pokemon that were put in to balance the game up a bit. I'm looking at Tangula's evolution.

Smash Journeyman
I've always thought the creator of pokemon made all his, um, pokemon before the first game was even created. All these have already been in existence. They just weren't released until now.

This doesn't include pokemon that were put in to balance the game up a bit. I'm looking at Tangula's evolution.
regardless of that you can still see that the creator lost his edge toward this gen cuz of how crappy some of the pokes look.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
No... If what I heard was true, it simply means he saved all the carpy pokemon for later and put in the cool ones first. This has nothing to do with him losing his touch.

I really dont care if the pokemon do look uglier. What's important is the gameplay.

Dunsparce.

Smash Journeyman
No... If what I heard was true, it simply means he saved all the carpy pokemon for later and put in the cool ones first. This has nothing to do with him losing his touch.

I really dont care if the pokemon do look uglier. What's important is the gameplay.

Dunsparce.
dude its crappy not carpy. if what you heard was true he saved all the crappy monster for later. how would someone be able to tell you the CREATOR saved all the crappy monster for later?

or are you pulling info out your a**? anyways this isn't worth an arguement since anyone can clearly see that the 4th gen has the worst pokes out the cast.

and all of them arent bad looking just a few. but i agree the creator could have done a better job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom