• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official 4BR Tier List V4 - Competitive Insight & Analysis

Ordeaux26

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ordeaux
while ignoring that this weekend's A-tier tourney has literally three notable Bayos, and only 1 solo Bayo.
Actually Zero Solo Mains all the players The use Bayonetta have secondaries

The Brawl 2014 PR had 28 MKs in top 100, and 15 in top 50. There are 8 PGR'd Bayos,
And Don't Forget The Results

Last edited:

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
Oh, and by the way?
The Brawl 2014 PR had 28 MKs in top 100, and 15 in top 50. There are 8 PGR'd Bayos, and 1 doesn't even attend tournaments anymore. So no.
Not only that, there are literally 37 players maining Melee Fox in Melee's top 100 (and that is not counting the ones who second or pocket him, which makes it over half the rankings).

Last edited:

J0eyboi

Smash Ace
??
I was supporting on what you said...
I was going to reply to you said, decided against it, then accidentally hit the post reply button.

And stop being as blunt as you are or leave.
Sorry, here at Just 0 Exceptance(sic) of Your Bull****, Okay? Incorporated, we don't sugarcoat facts.

Why did I think this site used Markdown

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Great, we've almost gotten to brawl MK levels
Not even close lmao
Specially because we don't see a massive migration to the character: These Bayos are the same ones that have been making waves since last year (only Tweek being somewhat recent, but he used her a bit in the past with little to no success).
AND, most of the top PGR'd players aren't attending.

Also, guys, keep it civil or I'll hand infractions. Consider this a warning.
:196:

Last edited:

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
The PG stats team have been BUSY today. Not only they made Glitch 4 a B tier, but they added another C tier event just now. It is Port Priority 3 (5/5/18).

Ordeaux26

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ordeaux
Well then...
Bayonetta does this to people please don't sue or impale me
Wow this is going too far hating Bayonetta is one thing but blaming Bayonetta for something like there is no way because somebody is playing a video game character that they would try to run there car into them I have lost all respect for you

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
User was warned for this post
Wow this is going too far hating Bayonetta is one thing but blaming Bayonetta for something like there is no way because somebody is playing a video game character that they would try to run there car into them I have lost all respect for you
rip in pepperoni lmao
mods come get me I've overstayed my welcome again
give me one of your signature so called "points"

Last edited:

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
MERPIS was just trolling, although it is not funny at all though.

Last edited:

Heracr055

Smash Ace
I got some time now:

Marth has a slight advantage against Ryu for several reasons. First, Marth's sword disjoint is good at keeping Ryu out when used appropriately. A simple weaving fair wall is problematic for Ryu to breach. Secondly, Marth has two excellent tools to intercept Ryu's Focus Attack/ FADC and landings with: jab and Dancing Blade. Both moves cut through FA like butter, and will put Ryu in disadvantageous situations (away/offstage with Dancing Blade & early % jab, and into potential KO scenarios with jab at higher %s). Thirdly, Marth has a great kit for dealing with Ryu's linear recovery trying to recover to the stage. Marth can occupy the ledge, drop off and bair wall Ryus trying to Tatsu back to stage. Counter can also do this as well as intercept Shoryuken. Lastly, Ryu struggles with characters who can end his stock early and bypass his good survivability to high %s(which averts him abusing his potent rage). Marth's tippers are excellent at accomplishing this, especially since jab sets up into, say, FSmash at reasonable %, resulting in dead Ryu much earlier than expected.
On the other hand, if Ryu gets in, he has a field day comboing Marth and his perfect comboing frame/weight, who doesn't have great "get off me" options at that point. Outside of jab, DB and grab, Marth is susceptible to FA (especially on predicted FSmash, USmash and Shield Breaker). Since Marth's aerials are almost all single hit, Ryu can escape juggle situations with FA/FADC where Marth tries to go after him in the air. If the Ryu player plays around jab opportunities/setups and Dancing Blade, and exploits Marth's poor up close range, it can go south for him very quickly.
For these reasons, Marth has the slight advantage, but it's not as bad for Ryu as you might think.
Will tackle Corrin (slight disadvantage for her) later.

Edit: Looks like RK's below advice got thrown out the window. You guys should seriously take a hint and drop it. Maybe FeelMeUp is right

Last edited:

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Hi! If a mod says "don't discuss a topic irrelevant to the thread," consider not discussing that topic.

ElectricBlade

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Haruhisuzumia
3DS FC
1203-9228-7596
I don't really know if this belongs here. But this thread meant a lot to me, I always looked forward to checking in on the discussion whenever I could. It's an amazing resource for character and match up knowledge.

I've been working on my Smash bros notebook for almost 4 years now, this game really taught me a lot of lessons on hard work, mindset, mentality, and helped me meet a lot of friends I wouldn't otherwise have.

I'll stop gushing and get to what I wanna show. Here is the notebook I have been developing for match up notes (Note it was written from a perspective of Cloud).

https://imgur.com/a/eb4gb

I plan to slowly move away from this game, as I want to focus on my studies and things that will truly get me somewhere. However I appreciate this game, this thread, and the people reading this post. I hope some of you can find it helpful to read.

I hope this post isn't a rule infringement, I'm sorry in advance.

EMT~

Smash Cadet
This is a pretty cool thing. Thanks for posting this!

Also, as a Pac secondary, here are a few pointers I can add about the Pac/Cloud MU:

-Shield is certainly good against Pac, but keep in mind Pac's options against shielding opponents. Pac's grab is pretty bad, but he has some okayish options to make it work sometimes (e.g., UAir the hydrant and use its path to cover his grab lag). Run up -> trampoline is also unblockable and deals free damage to shielding enemies. And if the Pac is holding an apple/melon at kill percent, run up -> throw item up -> trampoline against a person abusing shield is a lost stock. Just a few things to keep in mind in terms of Pac's options against shield.

Oh yeah, and his z-drop key instant shield break shenanigans, but how often does that come up in actual play?

-If I recall correctly, you can partially negate the Hydrant hitbox by hitting it with certain attacks if Pac launches it at you. Cloud has a really easy time doing this because of his huge disjoints. So, even if Pac launches the hydrant at you, Cloud can handle it with relative ease.

-If Pac is charging fruit, you can charge Limit for free. You'll be the benefactor of that "exchange" because Limit is better than any individual fruit that Pac can charge up to. For this reason, charging Limit can also force Pac to approach rather than allowing him to play by his own terms.

Yeah, this MU sucks for Pac. :(

Last edited:

Nemesis561

Smash Apprentice
Damn this thread went to hell. What’s with all the one liners and reddit like posts? To the posters who still post high quality informative posts keep it up, I really enjoy them and help me get through work boredom. Smash 5 can’t come soon enough hopefully many of the good posters come back

Skeeter Mania

Smash Ace
NNID
Ampharos2935
User was warned for this post
Damn this thread went to hell. What’s with all the one liners and reddit like posts? To the posters who still post high quality informative posts keep it up, I really enjoy them and help me get through work boredom. Smash 5 can’t come soon enough hopefully many of the good posters come back
One-liners? Without me, this thread would be boring and uneventful (in a way).

Ordeaux26

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ordeaux
I 100% agree with you. Everytime I see Mekos's gameplay I'm in awe at how well he understands Lucas. Definitely a player that really deserves attention.
I agree Mekos is a really cool player I just wish there were more :4lucas: players i hope Mekos places high but I don't expect him to win but I could be surprised

Last edited:

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
There is a new B-Tier event MomoCon 2018 from May 24th-27th 2018 here are some attendants

PGR Players
Dabuz:rosalina:
Larry Lurr :4fox:
Cosmos:4corrinf:
AnTi :4mario::4cloud::4zss:
Mr.E :4marth::4lucina:
Fatality :4falcon:

Notable Players
Wrath :4sonic:
Sinji:4pacman:
Mekos :4lucas:

Bracket Link https://smash.gg/tournament/momocon-2018-1/events/smash-4-singles/overview
ScAtt:4megaman: has also entered as well.

Btw, why did this thread get hyped for Mekos entering (who is also entering Glitch btw). Is it because he mains Lucas or... what?

[Also, as an amusing side note, Ninkendo entered MomoCon as well.]

Last edited:

Laken64

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-0523-8094
ScAtt:4megaman: has also entered as well.

Btw, why did this thread get hyped for Mekos entering (who is also entering Glitch btw). Is it because he mains Lucas or... what?

[Also, as an amusing side note, Ninkendo entered MomoCon as well.]
Hes the best Lucas in the US and pretty much the world with a win on Nairo

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Okay, I'm going to say this exactly one time, and then I will not repeat myself. Please take the time to re-read the rules of this thread in particular.

It says that this is the most harshly moderated thread on Smashboards. That means that you will not get away with some of the stuff you can in other sections if this site. I'm legit tired of seeing this thread devolve into nonsense due to disingenuous posting.

So I'll say this once - cut it out. And on the other end of the spectrum, if you have an issue with a post, report it.

I've made this public just so everyone knows that past this post, there are no more excuses and no other warnings that don't directly show up above your posts.

You all know how to act. Do better.

Last edited:
Top Bottom