• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official 4BR Tier List v2.0 - Competitive Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Key313

Smash Cadet
yeah, it's a reverse parasol for the singlehit, but I had no clue it worked with only a medium amount of rage. Saw him to it to VoiD on stream like 3-4 days ago with max rage and assumed that's what it needed, but with only 100? ridiculous
I made a rough list of percents for dtilt to up b at the moment from Featherweight down with DI. Unless it's Battlefield max rage would not be needed on Sheik. On other stages 135% would be good and 125% on Town. For Mewtwo it's 135% on Battlefield, 120% on the middle stages, and 115% on Town. The opponent's percent doesn't matter in terms of making the parasol stronger itself. It's just how high the opponent is for it to get the ko. So with more rage they don't need much percent and it goes the opposite way as long as you can still get up there to connect the up b in time. Not sure on the dair to up b percents though.

Last edited:

Megamang

Smash Lord
Mewtwo is pretty ideal for it killing. Shiek is 10% heavier (assuming Kuroganehammer/soccer guy chose weight units to work this way). That 10% is about the difference in 100% damage and 150% damage.

Pet Peeve, and if its a community accepted term now i'll drop it, but 100% damage is about 60% rage, ish, doing very approximate math. 100% rage is 150 damage. But the ambiguity of the % due to damage being given in % probably means this is a losing battle.

Anyways, that working at that low rage and starting from a dair (meaning it could also happen at lower damage higher on the stage, unless the rage is important in where the dair puts you) on mewtwo... is that enough to turn the MU around? Peach kinda hates people with m2's attributes, but Wadi is like the ideal mewtwo to abuse that an Samsora beat him twice.

Edit K Key313 So you have done testing? Great! Were you hitting dair from ground height, ie vs a standing m2? Because this seems like the biggest difference to this setup and others like MM's, Peach can hit a dair at Fullhop height and suddenly this setup is terrifying.

Separate note on the stage debate. Insulting someone is too far, for sure. But keep in mind he is fighting back against what is effectively an insult. Acting like people who get sick due to a stage are somehow weak or selfish is insanity, and shows a complete lack of empathy. AND, we tried UCT and many didn't like it; I certainly dont remember any outrage when it was dropped from my local stagelist.

The background and shaking especially are poor design choices. Not giving us an option to turn off the background and screen shake are poor design choices, especially when a video game maker should be acutely aware of motion sickness triggers. And that is why we have banned ALL these stages, bad design choices. Smashers are not inherently against a large stage list. But when I take time to go to a weekly, id rather fight my opponent than the stage.

And imagine how bad this would look on the scene:

'why is he banning UCT every game? The blastzones? The platforms help X strategy?'

'No, it literally makes him physically ill because there is a dragon thing which shakes the stage and generally causes chaos in the background'

Again, we aren't banning a neutral because one person got sick, it is just one of many factors working against the stage. Smash 4 has been hype this last year and especially now without having to have crazy stages.

ALSO, TYROY 2-0 VS ALLY IN SETS, and HE 3-0'd HIM THIS TOURNAMENT. MIDWEST COAST HYPE.

Mario is thought to be a pretty good character vs Bayo, but either he gets sucked into combos very easily, Tyroy is optimizing death combos beyond what most bayos are doing, or Ally doesn't SDI that well. Im kinda leaning towards the later, I saw a Yoshi who was SDI'ing HARD down and away each multihit, and he was out of the combo in 1 WT usually, and definitely out by 2 special hits. Getting out is only half the battle of course, but if you don't get out you are gonna have a 1on1 session with the roof.

Last edited:

Peppermint1201

Smash Journeyman
NNID
orangeguy1201
3DS FC
0361-7301-1534
God, I don't know what to say about Robin. On paper, this character is garbage -- but when he keeps pulling results like this, I can't say he's as bad as his mobility specs and frame data lead on.

Last edited:

soniczx123

Smash Journeyman
NNID
soniczx123
Switch FC
SW-2963-6512-0416
God, I don't know what to say about Robin. On paper, this character is garbage -- but when he keeps pulling results like this, I can't say he's as bad as his mobility specs and frame data lead on.
Robin is a case of having polarizing strengths and polarizing weaknesses. His advantage state is extremely scary and at the same time has a horrendous disadvantage.

Nah

Smash Champion
Let's not get too excited that Skorpio pulled 3rd at regional, that's really normal for the character. She does well at the local and regional level, but then results take a huge nosedive when you get to majors and supermajors, where the only person who literally ever gets any real results at all at that level is Dath, and it's not like he's top 8ing all of them either.

Illuminose

Smash Ace
Ned for best NA Cloud? He's the first one to win a notable regional solo afaik.

:059:
i assume you meant usa cloud (because leo, duh), but in any case i wouldn't jump so quick to rate ned that highly before looking at his overall results. he just got 65th at genesis losing to jan (a japanese rosa) and cacogen, which aren't exactly losses that inspire confidence. lost to bushi at midwest mayhem 6, and at the pre-mm6 weekly got 9th losing to jimmy and big_mak.

he still has a long way to go if he wants to be considered over tweek, a player with multiple top pgr wins and consistently good showings at every event since evo.

Yikarur

Smash Master
I think regional results are as important or even more important than major results to indicate characters viability.
At a major you clearly the same players over and over again. Having a character in Top16 of a super major is almost always a players feat. It's a fallacy to look at super major results and derive a tier list from that, because most of those players would've been capable to get that far even with any other character, as long as the character is above average.

We must not do the mistake and turn player's results into tier lists without critical thinking and deductive analysis.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
ROBIN HAS A ****ING GRAB CONFIRM.

THE CHARACTER IS NOT THAT GOOD, BUT WHEN YOU HAVE AN ACTUAL WIN CONDITION AND MANY CHARACTERS DO NOT.....

well there you go.

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
Never did I say that regional results don't matter, nor did I say that the character is trash.

I'm just saying that people should look at long-term trends across multiple levels of play and multiple players before saying whether a character is good, rather than seeing one or two good placings every now and again and going "ER MAH GADH ROBIN'S TOTES SUPER GOOD GAIZ!!!111!!"

I have yet to hear an actually good, in-depth argument as to why the character is anything more than a mid-tier (read: average, read: neither good nor bad) either. Be my guest and try to provide one (I'm serious, do it), but before you do, do me a favor and try to avoid doing these things when you're typing it up:

-tunnel visioning into her advantage state
-equating Thunder charge/Thunder Spells to Limit charge/Limit Break
-holding Dath up on a pedestal and going "BUT LOOK, SEE HERE!"
-examples that involve craploads of MU inexperience or the opponent being a right ****in' idiot

I'm just tired of periodically hearing people try to say that my main is secret high tier and then either provide no support for that claim or provide a ****ty one is all.

Yikarur

Smash Master
Grab Confirm or consistent low lag kill confirms are extremely important to perform consistant in tournament.
That's why Yoshi is declining. His throws and grabs are garbage, his killmoves are telegraphed and very hard to hit on a defensive opponent.
The only thing that could make Yoshi viable in the future is getting jab -> upsmash/dsmash/downB consistent. But we don't have a giant chart worked out because no one is willig to put that much work into it.
But if we get, Yoshi might get high tier again.

Consistent kill confirms = a better character

Envoy of Chaos

Smash Ace
For what MUs?
Might even just be using her to try something new when his Diddy isn't feeling right or even catch someone off guard in bracket.

Also South Carolina (my state) just had its largest tournament in history by far with 200 players between Melee and Smash 4, that never happens here! Only issue is, it was a Arcadian so it doesn't count for too much. I leave a bracket link if anyone is interested it has top eight's character selection on it.

The SC Arcadian (99 entrants)
Bracket: https://smash.gg/tournament/the-sc-arcadian/events/wii-u-singles/standings

Ulevo

Smash Master
Grab Confirm or consistent low lag kill confirms are extremely important to perform consistant in tournament.
That's why Yoshi is declining. His throws and grabs are garbage, his killmoves are telegraphed and very hard to hit on a defensive opponent.
The only thing that could make Yoshi viable in the future is getting jab -> upsmash/dsmash/downB consistent. But we don't have a giant chart worked out because no one is willig to put that much work into it.
But if we get, Yoshi might get high tier again.

Consistent kill confirms = a better character
This does not sound like something that would take very long to do, especially if you just narrowed it down initially to the tournament relevant characters. Doing forward tilt, Shuttle Loop did not take very long and is relatively similar.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Last edited:

NairWizard

Somewhere
On the subject of UTC... obviously the stage should be banned. Why is this even a debate? Any cost-benefit analysis makes evident the merits of banning the stage. The publicity impact of keeping such a stage legal alone should be enough to end all consideration to the contrary.

Don't strawman by calling motion sickness "personal weakness" and pointing to slow reflexes and poor eyesight as parallel conditions that go un-accomodated. This isn't a crippling debility that pervades all aspects of gameplay; this is a common problem among otherwise healthy competitors with a simple, barely noticeable solution (the loss of a single stage from the stagelist).

There is no reasonable justification for legalizing UTC.

Last edited:

verbatim

Smash Ace
You can always lose in a 2 Stock Bo3 meta. That's why you see tons of upsets in Bo3 but in Top32 Bo5 you rarely see upsets of that margin.
Instead of doing a rediculous stagelist at STR 2017, Melee should just do 2 stock bo3.

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
The ideal tournament settings are far from perfect as it is. Loud environment, cramped setting and you're constantly bumping into people next to you as you play your matches, the loud speaker, stress, seeing your friends do well while you aren't, playing late in the day... I too wish we could all reserve large white soundproof rooms to play our matches in but that's not a reality. Having Smash cater 100% to people with mild motion sickness likewise isn't a reason to permanently change the meta and stages.
This analogy is unsound and frankly absurd.

As someone who experiences sensory overload in crowded areas with boisterous people, I'd love to have a more effective method of silencing people when I'm playing a game. However, it's something that is completely out of my control, so I adjust. Contrary to this, banning a ****ty stage which triggers motion sickness is completely within the jurisdiction of TOs and players, and taking efforts to do so is a positive thing.

soniczx123

Smash Journeyman
NNID
soniczx123
Switch FC
SW-2963-6512-0416
This analogy is unsound and frankly absurd.

As someone who experiences sensory overload in crowded areas with boisterous people, I'd love to have a more effective method of silencing people when I'm playing a game. However, it's something that is completely out of my control, so I adjust. Contrary to this, banning a ****ty stage which triggers motion sickness is completely within the jurisdiction of TOs and players, and taking efforts to do so is a positive thing.
Using headphones on the setup on you play so you only hear the game sound not the best option??

NINTENDO Galaxy

Smash Ace
NNID
NINTEN_Galaxy
3DS FC
2836-0624-6177
Switch FC
SW 0903-5888-6097
So with this new ruleset, who benefits and who loses out to this change? Little mac at the very least doesn't need to worry about both smashville and duck hunt during the counterpick phase, and characters with weaker vertical presence only have to worry about battlefield now in terms of getting camped. It's gunna be interesting to see how character viability changes if this goes through.
I think the removal of Duck Hunt helps Lucas mains by removing a stage some of us would ban (judging by discord) due having a bigger space which can encourage us to approach the opponent if they get lead which is where Lucas somewhat struggles at. Then there's the dog sometimes interrupting footstool combos and the aforementioned camping stuff that is vocally shunned in my opinion. We also do not have to auto ban it due to our gripes and the loss of of our Z-Axis air-dodge buff (personally never think about it or notice it).

For me I like the new ruleset regarding the battlefield and dreamland both being striked in one ban. Although there is a lot of opposition to that thought, it may help me secure Final Destination or Town and City more. That way, I may have more chances to land footstool combos without having platforms cut short my main way of dealing damage until I'm forced to not rely on it due to my opponent not giving me the opportunity to land a grab or dealing with platform stages in general; even with platform stages like Battlefield and Dreamland we still have other mix-ups at our disposal that are not seen a lot on stream (Kodystri has done this a couple of times on stream and has vods on his scene's youtube channel).

It also helps Lucas and Ness with the minor gripes that Battlefield/Smashville/Town and City give us when we would sometime ride across under the ledge and are unable to snap the ledge if we PKT from below the stage usually where the right angle of the ledge stops that looks like a square; followed by commentators saying either we angled PKT wrong, used the wrong drift, or "why did said player not snap the ledge/magnet hands". I know Greninja got a "headbonk" buff in a patch note to fix this. I had hoped Lucas and Ness would get the same, but we'll have to deal with it and work around it.

Omega Stages, or rather "Stage" for me because all I want is one stage which is Wily's Castle for the walled sides. The walls help give an extra recovery option to Lucas and by extension Ness by allowing us to refresh out PK Thunder when we collide with the wall.

Divine Intervention ll (Georgia | 102 entrants) https://smash.gg/tournament/divine-intervention-ii/events/wii-u-singles/brackets/81950

1. Wrath:4sonic:
2. LordMix:4bowser::4bayonetta:
3. HyperKirby:4feroy:
4. Kodystri:4lucas::4corrinf:
5. Mekos:4lucas:
5. Rango:4myfriends:
7. Salt One:4falcon:
7. Neos
Gotta mention that Lucas finally did something after all the Taiheita bombings, Ike exists, and Hyper continues to be great with Roy.
There's plenty of vods for this event if anyone would like to see Mekos/Kodystri matches. There's even a ditto between. Judging by the vods it seems to me they got this high based on Lucas's neutralng game and adapting. Lucas mains are putting the work,

I saw Cheezeballer's results posted earlier along with Taiheita's recently.

Truth be told, if major European tournaments started following this ruleset then the UK would probably switch sooner or later since it has always geared itself to the European scene more broadly, which has always done its own thing completely separate to America anyway. Obviously Europe is not going to change to this ruleset. You can't really create an international standard ruleset when there isn't and has never been an international-standard metagame and to be honest I don't think the guys who came up with this expected it to be applied internationally.
Apart from the stage list there isn't really a whole lot different as far as standard USA fare is concerned, and to be honest it was probably a good idea to write it all down anyway as it removes a lot of potential confusion. The main problem is going to be changing the thing later down the line. If rules are going to change then they have to change literally now otherwise its just not going to happen. Not efficiently, anyway, and not without damaging the "legitimacy/authority" (neither is the right word but I don't know what word to use) of the ruleset.
I think their hearts were in the right place when they came up with this, but its a shame that the stage list is so controversial as that will be the undoing and potentially the demise of this ruleset if they don't sort this out.

I guess I need to talk about competitive impressions of my character in order to keep my post relevant and not in the red?
Ness will enjoy not being camped on Duck Hunt and not having to aim his already ****ty and exploitable recovery at ledges that move. Really don't know what else to say. It's not going to make him (or anyone else that is lacking?) significantly more viable.
I don't really think Lucas is going to give a damn either way, especially as his meta has only recently started to flourish really. I think whatever stages he has to play on, the future has the potential to be very bright for him.
Not that it matters to me because I'll still be playing on these stages either way. To be honest I'm more annoyed that because of clause 1.3 I'll never see Grands played out on Pac-Land ever again (shoutouts M2K and Ryo) because, from a spectator perspective, that was hype as hell. Ah well.
---
Edit @below: as far as I can tell nothing about the current ban would bar Leo from travelling to the USA unless he's a citizen of one of the seven countries specified. Apart from that I think he is in the clear for now.
I think the Lucas meta has been going strong for a while. I believe we currently do not have popular players to get certain win conditions that will get a good chunk of the smash community to notice.

EDIT: We have plenty of discussions and meta game talks in our discord server but not much if any is shared here so I might understand why it may seem like Lucas is just now getting results, or metagame advancement. The placements at Kody's and Mekos's tourney is just the beginning and the neat stuff you may see them pull off in bracket is common knowledge to us, we're just not widespread at the moment.

Besides the well-known or popular Lucas mains in conversations according to commentators there's not really a lot of discussion about Lucas. There's more Lucas mains in locals, regionals, and majors but probably get overlooked due to not getting top 10, pulling off something flashy, not being on stream, or their name is just not circulating smash discussions except in their regional scenes. Add on to that we currently do not have a Lucas main traveling the U.S to get noticed and put Lucas on the map.

Mekos is trying to raise Lucas mains morale by declaring "2017 is the year of Lucas" on Twitter with a few Lucas mains backing him in that effort.He's also said recently that he does not take singles seriously but going recent attendance in locals, regionals, and wifi tournies and his recent activity in Lucas server there's some progress albeit slow and not a huge presence. I'm also glad to see him and others go out to tournies more and represent Lucas.

EDIT: https://twitter.com/BearUNLV/status/828735205984739328

Going by the twitter posts it seems like the people who made the new ruleset are mostly listening to feedback on twitter, maybe some of the discussion or good points should be redirected there so they have a better chance of seeing it?

Last edited:

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
weekly tourney update

January masterpost will feature database change discussion, 2 country region maps, and some analysis over the new tourney criteria and how it affects the character numbers. Expect it sometime tonight or early in the morning.

1st: Ned :4cloud2:
2nd: Zinoto :4diddy:
3rd: Skorpio :4robinf:
4th: Javi :4cloud2:, :4sheik:
5th: Ally :4mario:
5th: Tyroy :4bayonetta:, :4cloud2:
7th: Regi Shikimi :4gaw:, :4lucina:
7th: Big_Mak :4sheik:
9th: Ryuga :4corrinf:
9th: Seth :4yoshi:
9th: Shel :4luigi:, :4ryu:
9th: Ozone :4duckhunt:
13th: Renegade :4ryu:
13th: Ksev :4fox:
13th: Nero :4pikachu:
13th: JJROCKETS :4diddy:

1st: Nairo :4zss:, :4cloud2:
2nd: KEN :4sonic:
3rd: 9B :4bayonetta:
4th: Kirihara :rosalina:
5th: HIKARU :4dk:
5th: T :4link:
7th: Nietono :4diddy:, :4sheik:
7th: Atelier :rosalina:
9th: Shky :4zss:
9th: Ri-ma :4tlink:
9th: Raito :4duckhunt:
9th: Jill :4fox:
13th: Mansa :4peach:
13th: Brood :4duckhunt:
13th: Choco :4zss:
13th: Earth :4pit:

1st: Saiki :4sheik:
2nd: AC :4metaknight:
3rd: SS :4villager:, :4ness::4cloud2:
4th: Felix :4fox:
5th: Wulfn :4fox:
5th: Strozai :4greninja:, :4cloud2:
7th: Falln :rosalina:
7th: Ollie :4dk:

1st: Samsora :4peach:
2nd: WaDi :4mewtwo:
3rd: Karna :4sheik:
4th: Sonido :4sonic:
5th: MJG :4villager:
5th: Phenom :4fox:
7th: Muse :4tlink:
7th: iiGGY :4bayonetta:

1st: Marss :4zss:
2nd: Light :4fox:
3rd: Mr. E :4marth:
4th: Pugwest :4marth:
5th: Craftis :4sonic:
5th: MattyG :4cloud2:
7th: Dark Wizzy :4mario:
7th: Kogarasuma :4lucina:

1st: Mr. R :4cloud2:, :4sheik:
2nd: S1 :4ness:
3rd: Badr :4bayonetta:
4th: iStudying :4greninja:
5th: Cat :4link:
5th: Meru :4peach:
7th: Patrick :4fox:, :4ryu:
7th: Azreal :4cloud2:

1st: Captain Zack :4bayonetta:
2nd: MVD :4diddy:
3rd: Josh :4diddy:
4th: Blank :4sheik:

1st: Locus :4ryu:
2nd: Captain L :4mewtwo:, :4pikachu:
3rd: MD3 :4sonic:
4th: Dunkmaster Ragna :4ryu:

1st: Imaho :4sheik:
2nd: Willz :4falcon:
3rd: DX17 :rosalina:
4th: Jam :4fox:

1st: The Nix :4cloud2:
2nd: Blue :4zss:
3rd: Groovy :4fox:
4th: Blaze :4corrinf:

1st: Fatality :4falcon:
2nd: Myran :4olimar:
3rd: Pillow :4lucina:
4th: Kite :4dk:

1st: Vinnie :4sheik:, :rosalina::4cloud2:
2nd: Ralphie :4cloud2:
3rd: Frozen :4mewtwo:, :4corrinf:
4th: John Numbers :4corrinf:, :4wiifit:

1st: Jtails :4marth:
2nd: Not Last :4peach:
3rd: SuperSega :rosalina:
4th: ELDON :4mario:

1st: EKING :4zss:, :4mario::4dk:
2nd: Excel Zero :4bayonetta:
3rd: Headshot :4samus:
4th: Kraven :4fox:,:4cloud2:

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
weekly tourney update

January masterpost will feature database change discussion, 2 country region maps, and some analysis over the new tourney criteria and how it affects the character numbers. Expect it sometime tonight or early in the morning.

1st: Ned
2nd: Zinoto
3rd: Skorpio
4th: Javi ,
5th: Ally
5th: Tyroy
7th: Regi Shikimi ,
7th: Big_Mak
9th: Ryuga
9th: Seth
9th: Shel ,
9th: Ozone
13th: Renegade
13th: Ksev
13th: Nero
13th: JJROCKETS

1st: Nairo
2nd: KEN
3rd: 9B
4th: Kirihara
5th: HIKARU
5th: T
7th: Nietono ,
7th: Atelier
9th: Shky
9th: Ri-ma
9th: Raito
9th: Jill
13th: Mansa
13th: Brood
13th: Choco
13th: Earth

1st: Saiki
2nd: AC
3rd: SS ,
4th: Felix
5th: Wulfn
5th: Strozai
7th: Falln
7th: Ollie

1st: Samsora
2nd: WaDi
3rd: Karna
4th: Sonido
5th: MJG
5th: Phenom
7th: Muse
7th: iiGGY

1st: Marss
2nd: Light
3rd: Mr. E
4th: Pugwest
5th: Craftis
5th: MattyG
7th: Dark Wizzy
7th: Kogarasuma

1st: Mr. R ,
2nd: S1
3rd: Badr
4th: iStudying
5th: Cat
5th: Meru
7th: Patrick
7th: Azreal

1st: Captain Zack
2nd: MVD
3rd: Josh
4th: Blank

1st: Locus
2nd: Captain L
3rd: MD3
4th: Dunkmaster Ragna

1st: Imaho
2nd: Willz
3rd: DX17
4th: Jam

1st: The Nix
2nd: Blue
3rd: Groovy
4th: Blaze

1st: Fatality
2nd: Myran :4olimar:
3rd: Pillow
4th: Kite

1st: Vinnie ,
2nd: Ralphie
3rd: Frozen
4th: John Numbers , :4wiifit:

1st: Jtails
2nd: Not Last
3rd: SuperSega
4th: ELDON

1st: EKING ,
2nd: Excel Zero
3rd: Headshot :4samus:
4th: Kraven
Weekly interpretation of the update, thanks for doing this consistently, you're the best <3

:4cloud2: 13 in top 8, 13 in top 16 (100%!)
:4sheik: 9 in top 8, 9 in top 16 (100%!)
:4fox: 8 in top 8, 10 in top 16
:4bayonetta2: 6 in top 8, 6 in top 16 (100%)
:rosalina: 6 in top 8, 6 in top 16 (100%)
:4didy: 5 in top 8, 4 in top 16
:4zss: 4 in top 8, 6 in top 16
:4mario: 4 in top 8, 4 in top 16 (100%)
:4sonic: 4 in top 8, 4 in top 16 (100%)
:4dk: 4 in top 8, 4 in top 16 (100%)
:4ryu: 3 in top 8, 5 in top 16
:4peach: 3 in top 8, 4 in top 16
:4lucina: 3 in top 8, 3 in top 16 (100%)
:4corrinf: 3 in top 8, 3 in top 16 (100%)
:4marth: 3 in top 8, 3 in top 16 (100%)
:4link: 2 in top 8, 2 in top 16 (100%)
:4villager: 2 in top 8, 2 in top 16 (100%)
:4ness: 2 in top 8, 2 in top 16 (100%)
:4greninja: 2 in top 8, 2 in top 16 (100%)
:4mewtwo: 2 in top 8, 2 in top 16 (100%)
:4falcon: 2 in top 8, 2 in top 16 (100%)
:4pikachu: 1 in top 8, 2 in top 16
:4tlink: 1 in top 8, 2 in top 16
:4robinf: 1 in top 8, 1 in top 16 (100%)
:4gaw: 1 in top 8, 1 in top 16 (100%)
:4metaknight: 1 in top 8, 1 in top 16 (100%)
:4olimar: 1 in top 8, 1 in top 16 (100%)
:4wiifit: 1 in top 8, 1 in top 16 (100%)
:4samus: 1 in top 8, 1 in top 16 (100%)
:4duckhunt: 0 in top 8, 3 in top 16 (RIP)
:4yoshi: 0 in top 8. 1 in top 16
:4luigi: 0 in top 8, 1 in top 16
:4pit: 0 in top 8, 1 in top 16

Disclaimer: 100%s mean a lot less than they look like until you get to like Cloud and Sheik numbers. Mostly it's there to help me keep track.

My Random notes:
- Excellent weak for Rosa and DK specifically.
- First week in a while with not a single ROB, and a bad week for Luigi too.
- Bayo isn't the best.
- Ever since, like, Genesis Saga Mewtwo has dropped off and still hasn't recovered.
- While it's easy to freak out over the huge amount of Clouds most of these were with or as a secondary.

Screen Shot 2017-02-06 at 10.24.31 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-06 at 10.29.44 PM.png

These are getting harder to make as the meta gets more and more defined, because the amount of tiers needed is getting bigger. Maybe I'll start cutting out 0.

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
I must be the only person on the planet without a twitter account, so I can't vote on that poll, or see what the current results are like.

Anyone care to screencap the results for me? I'm interested in seeing them (that, or simply reply with what the results so far are).

I personally want "LC; keep BF and DL separate", which from what I can gather seems to be winning, right?

---

Also, ayy, Smashton!

1st: Imaho :4sheik:
2nd: Willz :4falcon:
3rd: DX17 :rosalina:
4th: Jam :4fox:
Still a little pi**ed that I had to pull out of attending this at the last minute :c

Last edited:

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
I must be the only person on the planet without a twitter account, so I can't vote on that poll, or see what the current results are like.

Anyone care to screencap the results for me? I'm interested in seeing them (that, or simply reply with what the results so far are).

I personally want "LC; keep BF and DL separate", which from what I can gather seems to be winning, right?

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
The truly important part of that picture is how much of a minority actually supports their current list.
:196:

Frihetsanka

Smash Champion
Seems we'll probably get Lylat back, a 67% majority is better than I expected. This makes me happy.

So Duck Hunt (the stage) is most likely competitively dead, right?

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Oh look at that strong arming by Bear. I can't believe they actually are FORCING us to use there RECCOMMENDED ruleset. How dare they tell Smash players how to play there game without even listening to their feedback?!

Oh wait. They are listening to the community's feedback....kinda exactly like they said they would. So, who here feels silly for the cries for blood they made in this thread a few days ago?

Told ya so~

Glad to see "LC; keep BF and DL separate" is the current leader. I can live with that stagelist. Screw Duck Hunt.

Last edited:

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Oh look at that strong arming by Bear. I can't believe they actually are FORCING us to use there RECCOMMENDED ruleset. How dare they tell Smash players how to play there game without even listening to their feedback?!

Oh wait. They are listening to the community's feedback....kinda exactly like they said they would. So, who here feels silly for the cries for blood they made in this thread a few days ago?

Told ya so~

Glad to see "LC; keep BF and DL separate" is the current leader. I can live with that stagelist. Screw Duck Hunt.
Don't feel silly at all. Primarily because Bear admitted that a lot of top level players told them in private they didn't like the list. Which is most likely the only reason why they're doing this. Top level players not being happy = them eventually speaking out = hurts attendance of their tournaments.

If the top level players were overall fine or even just neutral on it, they wouldn't be touching the list even if the public polling was identical to what it is now. Seen it happen back in Brawl, that's how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom