• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official 4BR Tier List v2.0 - Competitive Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

The-Technique

Smash Ace
NNID
luckysharm
Diddy's hitboxes were only part of it. ZeRo's item play with banana combined with his command grab mixups pretty much bounced Nairo around relentlessly.

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
Ryu has the same problem Samus has with using his projectile. It's @#$ 58 frames cooldown. This is stupid. Like really stupid.
Are you listening Nintendo? Ryu is supposed to use Fireballs to make people JUMP then you Dragon Punch them. That's the CORE of street fighter.
Can't do that in smash 4. 60 frames. Make it @#$% 45 ok? Nintendo? Capish? This isn't rocket science.
Samus is supposed to use her goddamn missiles. Same problem. 60 frame cooldown = cannot use goddamn missiles. These are worthless moves right now except against the weakest of players. It's such bad design. Drives me nuts.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Ryu has the same problem Samus has with using his projectile. It's @#$ 58 frames cooldown. This is stupid. Like really stupid.
Are you listening Nintendo? Ryu is supposed to use Fireballs to make people JUMP then you Dragon Punch them. That's the CORE of street fighter.
Can't do that in smash 4. 60 frames. Make it @#$% 45 ok? Nintendo? Capish? This isn't rocket science.
Samus is supposed to use her goddamn missiles. Same problem. 60 frame cooldown = cannot use goddamn missiles. These are worthless moves right now except against the weakest of players. It's such bad design. Drives me nuts.
That's roughly the same recovery they had in SF2. At worst it's like 6 or 7 frames more, but what can you do? It's similar fireball data to official SF games, the problem is that mobility in Smash is ****ed.

The only way fireballs make people jump and/or approach in Smash is if they're broken because you can otherwise run forward and block in Smash just fine, and then continue to run forward and/or double jump.

It's the same reason Ryu's fireballs are usually bad in Marvel too.

TheGoodGuava

Smash Ace
I'd argue that the average smash player reaction time is probably just a little faster, let's say around 10 frames. That makes the window a little more manageable. However, if you're playing this game a lot at a high level, you're going to be used to certain scenarios and more likely to suspect them, making it easier to react to because you've been in the situation before. So even if a person fighting Zard had an average reaction time of 12 frames, they'd likely still be able to react to it if they're at least somewhat familiar with the basics of Zard's neutral.

This isn't about Zard, but something that's interesting is just how much Nairo is switching off of ZSS. He lost game 1 vs VoiD, switched to Lucina, now he's on Bowser and he's getting bodi- scratch that, he got bodied, he's lost.
It seems like Nairo just doesn't think his ZSS (or potentially ZSS in general? Food for thought.) has what it takes anymore.
Thats the thing though, most Smash players aren't actually familiar with Zards neutral

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
That's roughly the same recovery they had in SF2. At worst it's like 6 or 7 frames more, but what can you do? It's similar fireball data to official SF games, the problem is that mobility in Smash is ****ed.
The only way fireballs make people jump and/or approach in Smash is if they're broken because you can otherwise run forward and block in Smash just fine, and then continue to run forward and/or double jump.
Point taken but, no, they have indeed adjusted the endlag of projectiles to make them much better in neutral - greeninja's went from 60 to 45. The fact that you NEVER see basic fireball patterns is not just the strength of power shield but primarily the extreme risk of throwing out a projectile.
This is very very simple to fix and the balance is NOT thrown out of the window. It's flat out dumb.

Last edited:

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
Point taken but, no, they have indeed adjusted the endlag of projectiles to make them much better in neutral - greeninja's went from 60 to 45. The fact that you NEVER see basic fireball patterns is not just the strength of power shield but primarily the extreme risk of throwing out a projectile.
Like, I get what you mean...but Smash as a series has not exactly benefited from projectiles being all-powerful when they were. And I would seriously think long and hard about giving a character who is already as good as Ryu is a very good way to force opponents to approach him.

TheGoodGuava

Smash Ace
That isn't zard being good, that's people not knowing a matchup.
this had nothing to do with Zard being good, it was about being able to react to Zard's sh fair

Remember when Leo said he would 2stock ZeRo?
He did it

Maybe Marth beats Diddy?

Last edited:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Who knocked ZeRo out of winner's? Didn't he just beat EVERYBODY solidly a day or two ago? That was nuts.

TheGoodGuava

Smash Ace
Yeah but if your reasoning is that people don't know how to punish sh fair that's not zard it's people not knowing a matchup.
This has nothing to do with punishing Zard's fair, this is whether or not a player can shield Zards sh fair on reaction.

TheGoodGuava

Smash Ace
Reminder that shield is frame 1, so if you see Zard jump hit shield and it should come out in time.
So you're going to react to something that comes out in 7 frames? That would be world record time

Now lets get back to something more relevant. Leo is up 3 - 0 against ZeRo AND VoiD.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

3-0ing ZeRo and VoiD at the same tournament.

MKLeo is an actual god. If he didn't have a solid case for top 5 in the world before, he definitely does now.

Last edited by a moderator:

The-Technique

Smash Ace
NNID
luckysharm
ZeRo > Ally > Leo > Everyone Else
Nairo being slept on again? He placed the same as Ally did in this tournament, and he has a lifetime winning record on nearly every top player, including Ally, except ZeRo and MK Leo.

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
Nairo being slept on again? He placed the same as Ally did in this tournament, and he has a lifetime winning record on nearly every top player, including Ally, except ZeRo and MK Leo.
Ally won more majors this year, including EVO, the biggest tournament of the year, and has a winning record this year vs ZeRo and Leo (I think, someone correct me if I'm wrong).

|RK|

Smash Marketer
ZeRo > Ally > Leo > Everyone Else
With all credit given to Ally, I don't think he's far above everyone else. I think this has the potential to come out as ZeRo > Leo > everyone else. But as Ally himself said, it's really just ZeRo > everyone else. Ally doesn't have the results against non-ZeRo players to put him as a solid second.

The-Technique

Smash Ace
NNID
luckysharm
Ally won more majors this year, including EVO, the biggest tournament of the year, and has a winning record this year vs ZeRo and Leo (I think, someone correct me if I'm wrong).
Ally has a (now) losing record against Leo. Still need to check on tournament placements for this year.

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
2GGT: ZeRo Saga (361 Entrants)

1st: SF HDG l MKLeo :4marth: :4cloud2:
2nd: Elv l Larry Lurr :4fox: :4dk:
3rd: CLG l VoiD :4sheik:
4th: TSM l ZeRo :4diddy:
5th: NRG l Nairo :4zss: :4bowser: :4lucina: :4ryu:
5th: C9 l Ally :4mario:
7th: IMT l ANTi :4mario:
7th: 2GG l Komorikiri :4cloud2: :4sonic: :4bayonetta:
9th: RNG l Dabuz :rosalina: :4olimar:
9th: DNG l Kameme :4megaman: :4yoshi:
9th: LG l Abadango :4mewtwo:
9th: UBCEA l Locus :4ryu:
13th: DMG l Tweek :4cloud2: :4bowserjr:
13th: LooK l Falln :rosalina:
13th: NME l Tyrant :4metaknight: :4diddy:
13th: FS l Fatality :4falcon:

Only counted characters that won games. At the tournament where everyone has pockets ANTi didn't switch chars even once.

Nairo's secondaries geez

Das Koopa Das Koopa

JustSomeScrub

Smash Journeyman
Did MKLeo only use Cloud versus Dabuz? Did he go Marth for everyone else? If so, I guess we can say Marth just won a major.

2GGT: ZeRo Saga (361 Entrants)

1st: SF HDG l MKLeo :4marth: :4cloud2:
2nd: Elv l Larry Lurr :4fox: :4dk:
3rd: CLG l VoiD :4sheik:
4th: TSM l ZeRo :4diddy:
5th: NRG l Nairo :4zss: :4bowser: :4lucina: :4ryu:
5th: C9 l Ally :4mario:
7th: IMT l ANTi :4mario:
7th: 2GG l Komorikiri :4cloud2: :4sonic: :4bayonetta:
9th: RNG l Dabuz :rosalina: :4olimar:
9th: DNG l Kameme :4megaman: :4yoshi:
9th: LG l Abadango :4mewtwo:
9th: UBCEA l Locus :4ryu:
13th: DMG l Tweek :4cloud2: :4bowserjr:
13th: LooK l Falln :rosalina:
13th: NME l Tyrant :4metaknight: :4diddy:
13th: FS l Fatality :4falcon:

Only counted characters that won games. At the tournament where everyone has pockets ANTi didn't switch chars even once.

Nairo's secondaries geez

Das Koopa Das Koopa

I don't think characters that win games should be listed if they don't end up winning the set. It's very misleading. For instance, if I make top 8 with a top tier and am getting destroyed by my main, get one gimmicky game with a low tier here then end up getting destroyed, should that really count?

Last edited:

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
Notable winners of Zero Saga

:4marth:obviously.
:4mario:2 solos made top 8 . Ally did send ZeRo to losers
:4ryu: srsly who is that Locus guy and where did he come from. That was some of the best Ryu play I have seen! Took down Tweek, Mr.R and two top Bayos
..speaking of which.

The notable loser
:4bayonetta: All those Pro Bayo's and not one even made it to top 16? Man what the heck happened there?

Last edited:

YerTheBestAROUND

Smash Journeyman
Playing Zelda: Breath of the Wild for eternity.
Did MKLeo only use Cloud versus Dabuz? Did he go Marth for everyone else? If so, I guess we can say Marth just won a major.

I don't think characters that win games should be listed if they don't end up winning the set. It's very misleading. For instance, if I make top 8 with a top tier and am getting destroyed by my main, get one gimmicky game with a low tier here then end up getting destroyed, should that really count?
Only used Cloud vs Dabuz and in the ditto vs Komorikiri I believe. Marth for everything else.

Also, a win is a win, doesn't really matter how it's won. Gimmicks are part of the game, that's not a bad thing, and they're not exclusive to low tiers. A win with a low tier shouldn't automatically be written off as only due to gimmicks either.

JustSomeScrub

Smash Journeyman
Only used Cloud vs Dabuz and in the ditto vs Komorikiri I believe. Marth for everything else.

Also, a win is a win, doesn't really matter how it's won. Gimmicks are part of the game, that's not a bad thing, and they're not exclusive to low tiers. A win with a low tier shouldn't automatically be written off as only due to gimmicks either.
You didn't understand what I said.

Let's say I make top 8 going only Diddy.

Then in top 8 I play Ganon only. I lose every single game winners and losers except 1.

So I get 3-0ed in winners as Ganon and then 3-1ed in losers as Ganon.

In other words my only set wins were with Diddy. So why on earth should Ganon be beside my name in the results? It'd be highly misleading. Because people would look back at that result and say Ganon made top 8 at a major when that was far from the case.

That's why it doesn't make any sense to put any characters used besides a persons name. Only characters that helped them win the entire set (key word) should be mentioned.

Last edited:

The-Technique

Smash Ace
NNID
luckysharm
OK I compiled them. All nationals in 2016 with either Ally or Nairo (or both) in attendance.

Dismantle 2:
Nairo 1st
Ally 3rd

Genesis 3:
Nairo 5th
Ally 9th

Shots Fired 2:
Nairo 1st
Ally 9th

FOW Saga:
Nairo 1st

Pound 2016:
Nairo 49th
Ally 2nd

Enthusiast Gaming Live Expo:
Nairo 1st
Ally 2nd

LVL Up EXPO:
Nairo 1st

GOML:
Nairo 4th
Ally 1st

MomoCon:
Nairo 1st
Ally 2nd

KTAR XVIII:
Nairo 1st

Smash N Splash 2:
Ally 1st

Low Tier City 2:
Nairo 2nd

CEO 2016:
Nairo 17th
Ally 49th

EVO 2016:
Nairo 13th
Ally 1st

Clutch City Clash:
Ally 3rd

Super Smash Con:
Nairo 1st
Ally 5th

Umebura S.A.T
Nairo 3rd

Abadango Saga:
Nairo 3rd
Ally 4th

TBH6:
Nairo 7th
Ally 25th

KTAR XIX:
Nairo 4th

UGC:
Nairo 4th
Ally 9th

Total 1st place finishes:
Nairo: 7
Ally: 3

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
So, who are the characters that won all of the majors this year?
Majors under my qualification list:

Supermajors:

GENESIS 3: ZeRo :4sheik::4diddy:
CEO 2016: ANTi :4mario:, :4cloud2:, :4metaknight:, :4zss:
EVO 2016: Ally :4mario:
Super Smash Con 2016: Nairo :4zss:
The Big House 6: ZeRo :4diddy:
2GGT: ZeRo Saga: MKLeo :4marth:, :4cloud2:

Majors:
Pound 2016: Abadango :4mewtwo:
Get On My Level 2016: Ally :4mario:
2GGT: KTAR Saga: Pink Fresh :4bayonetta2: