• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official 4BR Tier List v1.0 - Competitive Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
KamikazePotato KamikazePotato Really cool illustrations! One thing though- Smash4's hitboxes are interpolated, meaning (practically speaking) you can draw hitboxes between the swinging hits of the continuous sword attacks. So for upsmash, jab3, uptilt, etc. they need hitboxes present for the whole swing of the sword.

Macedonian

Smash Apprentice
The Ike illustrations are badass, I did not see the cordon ones? Are they in the charachter thread?

And I would love to see the airial map, especially the up air I have a hell of a time figuring out that hitbox sometimes

KamikazePotato

Smash Journeyman
KamikazePotato KamikazePotato Really cool illustrations! One thing though- Smash4's hitboxes are interpolated, meaning (practically speaking) you can draw hitboxes between the swinging hits of the continuous sword attacks. So for upsmash, jab3, uptilt, etc. they need hitboxes present for the whole swing of the sword.
So they are! Forgot about that. Looked up how exactly how the interpolated hitboxes work - Frame 5 of an interpolated move will both draw lines from Frame 5 to Frame 4, and will also include the entire base (non-interpolated) hitbox of Frame 4 in the Frame 5 hitbox. So for the jabs, it looks something like:

Let me know if this is readable for your guys...it's actually quite hard to make it so due to how much the hitboxes overlap when interpolation is taken into effect.

Last edited:

KamikazePotato

Smash Journeyman
The Ike illustrations are badass, I did not see the cordon ones? Are they in the charachter thread?

And I would love to see the airial map, especially the up air I have a hell of a time figuring out that hitbox sometimes
Glad you liked them! I haven't posted them to the character thread yet, trying to get any potential issues ironed out here first.

I took a look at the aerial hitboxes - they're going to be a big pain to do haha. Nair has 16 active frames I'll have to individually put on the map. Uair also has some of the weirdest hitboxes in the entire game, yeah.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800

KamikazePotato

Smash Journeyman
Finished revising the Ike ground hitboxes to include interpolation! They're kind hard to read, but that's the nature of the beast. Ike has huge hitboxes that overlap a lot. I won't post everything again because it would clog up the page, but I did make some albums where anyone can go look at them:

Ike Ground Hitboxes (No Interpolation)
http://imgur.com/a/tHdXK

Ike Ground Hitboxes (With Interpolation)
http://imgur.com/a/Fq14R

If I can post just one thing, though...

Upsmash is freaking huge.

I'll be doing hitboxes for Ike's aerial moves next, but if anyone has characters they think this would be interesting for, I might consider doing images for them too. No guarantees though - I did Ike's because he's my main and I had way too much free time the last few days, hahaha.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think the community would have a lot to gain from seeing Rosalina & Luma's hitboxes mapped out like this.

Last edited:

KamikazePotato

Smash Journeyman
I think the community would have a lot to gain from seeing Rosalina & Luma's hitboxes mapped out like this.
This is a really good choice, actually, and I would go for it - but as far as I can tell no one's posted any hitbox data on Rosalina. I was only able to map out everything like this thanks in large part to the insanely useful Ike Hitbox Visualization thread posted by Furil in the Ike subforums (located at http://smashboards.com/threads/ike-hitbox-visualization.433424/). I don't know how to mine that data, I just know how to use photoshop.

Is there any other data repository for this sort of thing that I'm unaware of?

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure it woudn't fit onto a normal picture :troll:
If you assume Luma is synced to Rosalina at the time, then that would be useful. If you assume Luma is not synced then of course it could be literally anywhere.

This is a really good choice, actually, and I would go for it - but as far as I can tell no one's posted any hitbox data on Rosalina. I was only able to map out everything like this thanks in large part to the insanely useful Ike Hitbox Visualization thread posted by Furil in the Ike subforums (located at http://smashboards.com/threads/ike-hitbox-visualization.433424/). I don't know how to mine that data, I just know how to use photoshop.

Is there any other data repository for this sort of thing that I'm unaware of?
AFAIK Rosalina is on his (her?) to-do list but IDK when that will happen.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Tyrant vs Pink Fresh was soo painful to watch...

This 50% kill when Bayo was only at 60%..... I smell salt...so many salt.:shaker::shaker::shaker::shaker:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
I don't understand how Mario, one of the characters who benefits most from rage and autolink bull****, killing Peach, a light floaty, has anything to do with her meme tier status but w/e.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Aarvark 3-0s SM in a best of five money match.

Last edited:

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
I don't understand how Mario, one of the characters who benefits most from rage and autolink bull****, killing Peach, a light floaty, has anything to do with her meme tier status but w/e.
The mention of potential and the Mario jank were in 2 separate sentences. I commentated on potential but I didn't say it was Mario's fault.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
K9 vs. Scizor and Rich Brown vs. JWest in losers bracket.

Rest in peace Link/Samus top 16 dreams

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
You can never count out your opponent when you're playing as Mewtwo.

But yeah RIP :yeahboi:

:150:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
TLTC vs. Tyrant on Winner's Side

mfw Winners Side Top 32 Palutena

Edit: TLTC JV2s Tyrant game 1 and loses games 2/3.

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
xzax beats pink fresh 2-1.
how does that even happen
Pink Fraud MingLee Kappa NotLikeThis

Some stuff:

-Tearbear, Scizor, and JWest all out at 25th.
-Ryo and Pink Fresh out at 17th.
-Rich Brown is on a Loser's Bracket tear at the moment.
-TLTC and Rich guaranteed at least 9th.
-Aphro is the only Bayonetta left in tournament, soon to face Trela.

Last edited:

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
Anyone know who Gloomy is? Because they apparently 2-0'd Pink Fresh.

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Vash vs. FOW

Sounds like an 80-20 matchup in Ness' favor but hey good Macs have proven me wrong before.

Mr. ConCon narrowly loses 1-2 to VoiD, K9 on a tear in Losers.

Edit: Xzax plays Fox IIRC.

Edit 2: Rich Brown 2-0s Mr. ConCon, Rich Brown in Top 8.

Last edited:

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
So Scizor is gone, ey? Well, 25th isn't bad of a placement, but I'm sure he'll get higher in his next tournament.

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Top 8 at 2GGT Fresh Saga

VoiD :4sheik:
v
Tyrant :4metaknight:

FOW :4ness:
v
Trela :4ryu:

Xzax :4fox:, :4mario:
v
K9 :4sheik:

SlayerZ :4peach:
v
Rich Brown :4mewtwo:

Last edited:

Aaron1997

Smash Ace
NNID
Aaron1318
Yet another Decently sized Tourney with good players where a Bayo doesn't get top 8. "But Bayo is so broken and unbeatable."
LOL

sedrf

Smash Journeyman
Even as a person who thinks bayo isn't that great that sounds ********

Nobie

Smash Champion
NNID
SDShamshel
3DS FC
2809-8958-8223
SlayerZ kept tricking Rich Brown into committing, and then would cause him to do panic nairs.

Panic nairs are really bad in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom