• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

4/25/09 Gigabits and SilverMineSubs Brawl Tournament #10 An April Brawl

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Me and HRNUT can simultaneously team with Seibrik, alternating every match.
And we can divide the 1st place prize money 50/25/25 :).

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
oh lol okay this is gonna be fun i'll be destroying that team after what i recently found out its gonna be an quite fun fighting GW and D3

oh and chaz i'm up for the match who vs who?

Cloudstealth

Smash Journeyman
Lol alot of craziness with teams.

My marth vs any character you like, we'll treat it like a tourney set, since we've never had one i think?

Either way i'm only playing Marth.

Life After Death

Smash Champion
gl to rx and hrnut. u n1ggas are liek my 2 partner i randomly team with. nick i recommend u find another official team amte besides me since im retiring soon... i wont be reliable. ill team with u next tourney if i still dont have a job lol. but dont put me first priority anymore. i wont consistently go to tourneys

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
okay i will do that....i'll talk to a few people...like seibrik (if afro doesnt show) CO18 (if he wants a permateammate) MK18 (same as CO) Rx, Hungry, xyz....maybe some others that i dont wanna name now

but first choice is CO MK Seibrik...basically someone who is up with the metagame (sorry xyz do more singles and i'll consider) i like teaming with you but you get gayed by certain matchups because your not up to speed on anything new lol

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
hrnut u can team wit xyz despite his inexperience cuz chances are the lil things he's missing u can fill him in in friendlies and during matches, hes not dumb so he should be able to correct inexp. mistakes pretty quickly.

the faster u find a perma-partner, the faster u'll be placing top 3 super consistantly

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
okay that sounds like a good idea but what happens when he doesnt attend the tournies like tally or Miami then i will have to find someone that im not use to i guess as far as orlando i'll consistenly team with xyz if thats what he wants to do question is should i drop rx for this and start the permateammate thing now...hmmmm........???

lw0nderbreadl

Smash Ace
hrnut u can team wit xyz despite his inexperience cuz chances are the lil things he's missing u can fill him in in friendlies and during matches, hes not dumb so he should be able to correct inexp. mistakes pretty quickly.

the faster u find a perma-partner, the faster u'll be placing top 3 super consistantly
who u teamin with?

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Well if you want to get 1st in teams, you're going to want to team with me....

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
hmmm..............okay rx but we have to practice soon though i don't want anything dumb happening when we team

but i might wanna place badly lol so i might team with him but chances are i'll probably stick with you cuz im trying to be honorable and stick to my word

Cloudstealth

Smash Journeyman
It's a good idea to find a permanent teammate, kinda like I did with Danny for a while, but now he's retired or has been retired for a while, and Bonesaw is my teammate. We practice occasionally, but the thing that makes him the best possible teammate is that he wants to go to lots of tournies like I do. So try and find someone who's willing to travel as far as you are for tourneys. That would be the best way to determine who you pick for your permanent teammate.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Nothing dumb ever happens when I team with people unless it's my teammate suiciding at low percent.

I'm a ridiculously good teammate, and I always have been.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
well i want someone who is willing to travel when i do so i'm gonna think about that...in orlando me and xyz always do well but xyz doesnt travel i know rx and hungry are willing to travel though so idk, maybe even nick riddle cuz i think Zss is really good in teams....

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I am the most willing to travel of anyone(besides seibrik), plus I know your style better than most people, and I live closer to you than anyone else does.

Plus I am going to show you at this gigs that I am a disgustingly good teammate.

And then you can think about it afterwards... :)

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
it's true... no matter what your lead is don't relax against the Mighty Ducks lol, or else you're gonna be seeing some insane comeback right out of a disney movie
:laugh: its so true. the mighty ducks are amazing

I agree that perma teammates are the best route. When me and nick were perma-teammates, we got at least top 3 at about every FL tourney we went to since FAST (minus the big florida gaming tourney)

which reminds me, i need to find a new perma-teammate myself. The only problem is, that literally no one in Orlando that is perma-teammate less wants/likes to travel to tourneys as much as I do. And the ones that DO want to/like to travel as much as I do, think that diddy is bad in teams so they dont wanna team with me :laugh:

only a few daaaaaaaaaaays. cant wait

Life After Death

Smash Champion
yea cuz of rx we get top 2......hbox lacks alot of exp though i can see why hrnut didnt like teaming with him lol. but hbox can be madd good in teams he jus tgets randomed alot like i used to a few weeks ago cuz he beats people with his mind not cuz he knows match up.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
GDX fits all of your criteria, I don't see why you don't team with him still...I mean he IS your ride everywhere!!!

:colorful:
i :laugh: everytime nick talks about how much he travels, because ive been his ride to almost every single brawl tourney hes ever been to (even philly cause i covered his plane ticket)

but its alright, hes my ***** so i'll take him with me to tourneys

AfroQT

Smash Master
I am the most willing to travel of anyone(besides seibrik), plus I know your style better than most people, and I live closer to you than anyone else does.

Plus I am going to show you at this gigs that I am a disgustingly good teammate.

no one travels more then me and seibrik (and chops) in FL.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
yea cuz of rx we get top 2......hbox lacks alot of exp though i can see why hrnut didnt like teaming with him lol. but hbox can be madd good in teams he jus tgets randomed alot like i used cuz he beats people with his mind not cuz he knows match up.
I'm anticipating teams even more now knowing this

okay i'll consider that after this gigs if we do extremely well then i'll probably permateam with you, make sure to watch my *** in teams please

i :laugh: everytime nick talks about how much he travels, because ive been his ride to almost every single brawl tourney hes ever been to (even philly cause i covered his plane ticket)

but its alright, hes my ***** so i'll take him with me to tourneys
your my ***** ***** lol

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Permanent teammates are almost ALWAYS better than just jumping around constantly!!!

:colorful:
Yes. Unfortunately my perma-teammate, StaFu, can never go to tournies. In the two tournies we were able to team (Gigs 1/31 and FG 2/28), we got 13th and 9th respectively. He won't be able to go to this as well, so if I go, I'll be teaming randomly again.

Nothing dumb ever happens when I team with people unless it's my teammate suiciding at low percent.

I'm a ridiculously good teammate, and I always have been.
Yes you are, I teamed with you in a friendly at FG 2/28 and we won.

The only problem is, that literally no one in Orlando that is perma-teammate less wants/likes to travel to tourneys as much as I do. And the ones that DO want to/like to travel as much as I do, think that diddy is bad in teams so they dont wanna team with me :laugh:
I would like to travel to a lot of tournies but parent johns. Me going to Gigs is a big problem for them, so me thinking about farther tournies is crazy, sadly.

And GDX, I don't think Diddy is bad in teams :chuckle:

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
I really wish I could get a lot better fast.

Turns out in most games I play, I need to have a rolling lead to keep it going.
I really get angry at Taunts, and I just can't focus as much.

I want to do really good this gigs, and it's just a few days away.

Seibrik/Nick Riddle/Master Raven, if you guys are free anytime before friday, Let's get some intense matches going on? I really need to learn a lot faster/more.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i know you dont think diddy is bad in teams, my son.

in fact, everyone believes diddy is bad in teams, until they team with a good diddy. just recently ive converted sheer and masky to believe in the monkey :laugh:

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Diddy is super **** in teams.

The only condition is that the diddy's teammate has to understand how to work with bananas.

Top Bottom