• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

4/19 Gigabits - The Melee exploded into a Brawl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Wow. I actually kinda like that list rather than people *****ing about DDD and Falco all day long.
But I dont like the lack of neutrals. The past tournaments i've been to have had PS1 and Delfino Plaza. lol.
But oh well, im satisfied :O

dguy6789

Smash Lord
Mwarhead, I ask you to please reconsider the stage selection for this tournament.

We have spent quite some time discussing stages in a reasonable manner and have even come to an agreement for the most part with a vote for the final two stages. I see no reason not to just use the list that the long time veterans of Melee have discussed and come up with.

Brinstar is banned because of lava? It had lava in Melee and was tournament legal. Brinstar is banned because matches take too long? Matches on Shadow Moses will take longer than Brinstar every time and it is legal in your list.

Then there is the whole Dedede chain grabbing against stages with walls, which has been discussed at length.

There is still more than a week before this tournament happens, so I don't see the reason to only accept stage suggestions after this one is over.

You guys have always run the best tournaments in Florida, and for that we are all very grateful. Just want to say thanks for that.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Mwarhead, I ask you to please reconsider the stage selection for this tournament.

We have spent quite some time discussing stages in a reasonable manner and have even come to an agreement for the most part with a vote for the final two stages. I see no reason not to just use the list that the long time veterans of Melee have discussed and come up with.

Brinstar is banned because of lava? It had lava in Melee and was tournament legal. Brinstar is banned because matches take too long? Matches on Shadow Moses will take longer than Brinstar every time and it is legal in your list.

Then there is the whole Dedede chain grabbing against stages with walls, which has been discussed at length.

There is still more than a week before this tournament happens, so I don't see the reason to only accept stage suggestions after this one is over.

You guys have always run the best tournaments in Florida, and for that we are all very grateful. Just want to say thanks for that.
No. He should not change the stages.
Cause if he does, he should make Delfino a neutral. Mario Circuit, PictoChat, Distant Planet, Brinstar and Norfair all legal.
In fact, I dont even get how Port Town is legal but all those stages I mentioned above are not? Kinda contradicting yourself there Mwar. And im pretty sure a lot of people will be upset with this list..which is why I still think voting is the best idea.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
These are the stages that I have picked for the tournament.

STAGES:

Neutrals:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Smashville

Counterpicks:

Port Town
Pokemon Stadium
Pokemon Stadium 2
Luigi's Mansion
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Pirate Ship
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Green Hill Zone
Coneria
Jungle Japes
Green Greens
Bridge of Eldin
Rainbow Cruise
Shadow Moses Island

Banned:

Big Blue
Skyworld
Mushroomy Kingdom
Rumble Falls
New Pork City
Summit
75M
Mario Bros. Old
Flat Zone 2
Hanenbow
Hyrule Temple
WarioWare
Spear Pillar
Pictochat
Onett
Brinstar
Yoshi's Island Melee
Mario Circuit
Norfair
Distant Planet

Reminder guys we are going to need a lot of setups for this tournament. Thanks for your help.
Hey, Mwarhead...I realize you don't have time or need to look through the entire thread, but several of the people around here have been working pretty hard on making an actual fair list for you guys...and I think it's pretty solid. The main problems I have with your list are walk off stages and stages with walls. Both of those types of stages are instant wins for Dedede against a large number of characters, and therefore shouldn't be allowed.

The stages you have on you list that fall into that category are the following:

Shadow Moses
Bridge of Eldin
Green Greens
Corneria
Green Hill Zone

On top of those, there are others on your allowed list that the community has spoken out against, including PokeStadium 2, Port Town, and Jungle Japes. If you requested, I would gladly sum up several pages of discussion on these stages...We, as a whole, don't believe these particular stages are fair...so they should not be considered for this tournament.

Like I said, we have spent a good deal of time testing stages and debating in here, so I would appreciate it if you would look at a list we have been creating. I'll copy it on the end of this post. Any questions on stage allowance or ban, I can answer, so feel free to ask anything. I'd just really appreciate if you would reconsider your stage list for this tournament. Thank you.

Here's my list right here.

Neutrals:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Smashville

Counterpicks:

Pokemon Stadium 1
Luigi's Mansion
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Pirate Ship
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Pipes (Yoshi's Island - Melee)
Distant Planet

Banned:

Pictochat
Onett
Green Greens
Corneria
Green Hill Zone
Norfair
Jungle Japes
Pokemon Stadium 2
Bridge of Eldin
Big Blue
Mario Circuit
Shadow Moses Island
Port Town
Skyworld
Mushroomy Kingdom
Rumble Falls
New Pork City
Summit
75M
Mario Bros. Old
Flat Zone 2
Hanenbow
Hyrule Temple
WarioWare
Spear Pillar

Raistlin

Smash Lord
No. He should not change the stages.
Cause if he does, he should make Delfino a neutral. Mario Circuit, PictoChat, Distant Planet, Brinstar and Norfair all legal.
In fact, I dont even get how Port Town is legal but all those stages I mentioned above are not? Kinda contradicting yourself there Mwar. And im pretty sure a lot of people will be upset with this list..which is why I still think voting is the best idea.
Why are you so stuck on Mario Circuit? Edges + cars = should be banned.

Amadeux

Smash Rookie
Hey, Mwarhead...I realize you don't have time or need to look through the entire thread, but several of the people around here have been working pretty hard on making an actual fair list for you guys...and I think it's pretty solid. The main problems I have with your list are walk off stages and stages with walls. Both of those types of stages are instant wins for Dedede against a large number of characters, and therefore shouldn't be allowed.

The stages you have on you list that fall into that category are the following:

Shadow Moses
Bridge of Eldin
Green Greens
Corneria
Green Hill Zone

On top of those, there are others on your allowed list that the community has spoken out against, including PokeStadium 2, Port Town, and Jungle Japes. If you requested, I would gladly sum up several pages of discussion on these stages...We, as a whole, don't believe these particular stages are fair...so they should not be considered for this tournament.

Like I said, we have spent a good deal of time testing stages and debating in here, so I would appreciate it if you would look at a list we have been creating. I'll copy it on the end of this post. Any questions on stage allowance or ban, I can answer, so feel free to ask anything. I'd just really appreciate if you would reconsider your stage list for this tournament. Thank you.

Here's my list right here.

Neutrals:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Smashville

Counterpicks:

Pokemon Stadium 1
Luigi's Mansion
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Pirate Ship
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Pipes (Yoshi's Island - Melee)
Distant Planet

Banned:

Pictochat
Onett
Green Greens
Corneria
Green Hill Zone
Norfair
Jungle Japes
Pokemon Stadium 2
Bridge of Eldin
Big Blue
Mario Circuit
Shadow Moses Island
Port Town
Skyworld
Mushroomy Kingdom
Rumble Falls
New Pork City
Summit
75M
Mario Bros. Old
Flat Zone 2
Hanenbow
Hyrule Temple
WarioWare
Spear Pillar
Hey guys, I have been reading the discussion all along and I totally agree with Fenrir. I'll let Mwarhead know. You know how it is, we always listen to you guys and this will be no exception. ;)

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Hey guys, I have been reading the discussion all along and I totally agree with Fenrir. I'll let Mwarhead know. You know how it is, we always listen to you guys and this will be no exception. ;)
Dude...I love Gigabits so much.

alright...so back to a vote on Hanenbow or Norfair. Banned or not banned? I'll continue this until Monday at midnight, now...to account for the vagueness.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I think Hanenbow is an alright counterpick and Norfair should be banned.

Hanenbow - CP

Norfair - Banned

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
This is why Gigs will always be the #1 venue in Central Florida.

Mwarhead + crew are the sh:t.

Raistlin

Smash Lord
Gigabits FTW. You guys are the ****. I almost feel bad for going to Hard Knocks now.

Mwarhead

Smash Journeyman
Don't ever feel bad for going to someone elses tournament. We are here to support the community. It's one of Gigabits' goals.

I'm/we are not under any delusions that there aren't other tournaments out there and possibly better ones. We try to offer our best and improve the community.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Don't ever feel bad for going to someone elses tournament. We are here to support the community. It's one of Gigabits' goals.

I'm/we are not under any delusions that there aren't other tournaments out there and possibly better ones. We try to offer our best and improve the community.

Well the issue that has always been there is this.
You guys have kinda a cracker box venue...it's really nice, don't get me wrong, but it's small and the black lights are kinda odd. lol and you have annoying computer users.

But your venue is always nice...nothing wrong with it, really...and your staff is hands down the greatest in the history of LAN center tournaments, at least. Cecil, MWarhead, Manny (Amadeux...I apologize, but I don't know you from your screenname) listen to the community and aren't total douchebags when running the tournament. You make things as they should be. Fun. and that's why you are #1 in my mind at least. Gigs forever.

Zoro

Smash Champion
This is why Gigs will always be the #1 venue in Central Florida.

Mwarhead + crew are the sh:t.
Ive been sayin this all along

Anyway my vote is

Hanenbow- CP cuz i think itd be fun to watch :laugh:

Norfair- CP cuz i think itd be fun to watch :laugh:

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Alright...I've been tallying the bans and counterpick requests for each like this...
+1 for a CP request
-1 for a ban request...

then take the final number.

Here's the standing on the two stages

Norfair : 0 I know..right?
Hanenbow: -4

If you are voting for this thing, please put it in plain talk...I'm not counting posts that just saying something like "I don't really see why norfair would be banned" or the like...

Just say something along the lines of "ban norfair, CP Hanenbow" or etc.

I've taken these people into consideration with this so far...

Fenrir
Dguy
Finch
Manko
Proteus
Raistlin
Gindler
Vericz
Otru
Rx

If your name is not on this list, and you want to have a say, vote now...

Also, a walk off is only gay if DDD can killer CG on it. He can't do that on sloping levels, such as Pipes and Distant Planet...so don't get confused about that.

Also...should we go ahead and add Distant Planet to this? I'm not sure how the overall feel for that stage is....I'd vote for it CP-able...but yeah, that's just me....just wondering.

Gindler

Smash Champion
OMG, I just read that we can bring in outside food and drink. Hard knocks wouldn't let us do that...I guess gigabits is all it's cracked up to be, waytago guys!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom