• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

4/15/06 Orlando, Fl Gigabits Ssbm Tournament

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I'm going to find 4 other melee noobs and were going to construct a crew. Were going to be so bad that you'll have no idea how to play against us. You may as well disband your crews immediately, because you can not withstand a juggernaut the likes of us. You have been warned.

:laugh:

livinglegend

Smash Journeyman
im also down for either but if its 15bucks ull most likely see me at thelaws...but the tampa (crew) wont be there...on the fact that its easter on sunday and 2 members have to stay home...or else exarch would have seen the masacre of the !!!!!.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
man this is gay...i dont know if we r even gonna go yet...and uuaa has no money so he might not be able to go...as a matter of fact...i have no money..i'll try and scrub some up from my parents...15$ wtf is that!!!for a smashfest....thats really wack i must say...they are gonna get enough money from us on saturday newayz...well yeah i'll keep u informed.

-hiroshi

vericz

Smash Champion
our chances of going have just dropped. Yeah we are depending on hiroshi's father since we know they wont allow him to drive out that far. But we are still trying.
THe all nighter=no way for us. we held our own last time and it worked out well. . .and it was free, so we will most likely be doing that.
About crew battle. . . is it going to be a crew tourney that we pay for?? and how many people per crew??
oh. . .and everyone should STDFTW!!11! It helps out sooo much. good luck guys!!@@!!@!@ :chuckle:

co_and_me

Smash Lord
lol at you guys commodering the thread. But yeah its official i am not going. I have to do physics and CS HW before I leave. Its easter sunday and i have two tests next week and I havent studied at all for either of them.

co_and_me

Smash Lord
physics and CS make me sad. plus having a blister from playing 3 hours of frisbee +football make my toe sad.

Hozart

Smash Journeyman
I have enough money for the Gigabits all-nighter, but $15 is quite a bit. It's an interesting business move to charge so much, but it seems to be under the assumption that that's our only option. So the circumstances are:

NC (7-8 people), Melbourne (4-5 people), Tampa, and Crom's(4-5 people) which is about a range of 15-18+ people will be playing (I didn't really count it). Gigabits can host this for $15 per person, but TheLaw can host this for free, and both have an adequate amount of TVs.

But the question is, can TheLaw host this many people in his home? Remember, it's greater than 15-18 people. If so, then his house is probably the better alternative.

One more note: Gigabits provides food and drinks (albeit over-priced). When you're waiting your turn for a singles match at 2 am, you will get hungry. There's another question for TheLaw.

livinglegend

Smash Journeyman
easy get like 6 pizzas form dominoes like we did at croms house....=30 bucks (like 2 bucks a person lol...ok mayb get more then 6 then...but u know wut i mean!_!

TheLaw

Smash Apprentice
The idea for food I guess will be everyone bring 3 bucks or something, and we can get lots pizzas or something. You don't have to bring three bucks, you still get pizza but it would be greatly appreciated. As for amount of people I guess about 15 would be the maximum amount of people that I could hold.

whoops didnt see your post livinglegend but yeah thats a good idea

Also for people we can have two places for hosting a smashfest...anyone...anyone?

co_and_me

Smash Lord
3 bucks for pizza > 15 bucks to play + money for food. BTW CS= computer science. MATLAB blows.

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
hmm, so its still up in the air if its at someones house or at gigabits? Just keep us updated :p

TheLaw

Smash Apprentice
OMG I hate MATLAB! It's so gay!

But yeah on my list to come is NC, Melbourne, and 2 from tampa, and, I'll make sure the exact number to see if more can come. That's only 11 to 13 people so I guess Crom's crew can come, 2 to 3 more people than the limit shouldnt hurt. So I guess that's everyone.

Everyone post if they are coming you can be at my house as early as 6.

Mwarhead

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys I pointed this out to the owner at GIGABITS.

We are including Lazy Moon Pizza in the All-Nighter. (It was a surprise! ) Anyway, the price was set because, you all know that:
1) We would have to keep a person covering those extra hours
2) Pizza included
3) The space would be limited for our regular customers on our busiest night of the week.

Any comments?

BETA

Smash Ace
SheerMadness said:
I'm going to find 4 other melee noobs and were going to construct a crew. Were going to be so bad that you'll have no idea how to play against us. You may as well disband your crews immediately, because you can not withstand a juggernaut the likes of us. You have been warned.

:laugh:
When/if I come to Orlando next year, can I join? I've gotten dead last in both tournies I entered so I qualify :p

vericz

Smash Champion
Today was pretty fun. Had some great friendlys and a it was a decent tourney. Fenrir I could have got you, that match was soooo close, good job on first.
Crew battles were fun. . . too bad hiroshi scrubbed the first game against you exarch. good match.
good crew match melbourne and NCed #2. that was some good junk.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
sup peoplez sup peoplez....well as usual i sucked in singles....2 wins...2 losses...newayz...its just cool hanging out with the CFL smash peoplez.... as for crews....we were doing 3 on 3's since we didn't have much people....

name canceled#1:exarch, fenrir, DF vs What Are The Oddz: hiroshi, vericz, uuaa
winner: name canceled

WATO vs melbourne: jarlax, rfx, angrylobster
winner: WATO

WATO vs name canceled#2: derf, captain ken/ken2, DF
winner:WATO

We didn't get to see NC'ed vs melbourbe so i'll let them post on that...

i'll give shout outs later cuz i just finished driving like an hour and 20 mins. from giga to uuaa's house and back to my house....i b tired peoplez....

-hiroshi

vericz

Smash Champion
hey.
yeah crews were fun but we need another member to make it better. WATO has an open spot peoples. .. .heh.
anyway, I think NCed got melbourne unless those guys unleashed the beast after we left. . who knows maybe :)

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Here's some Team results:
1st Great Glass Elevator (me and Fenrir)
2nd Men In Black (Hozart and TheLaw)
3rd Flintstones (DF and Kenny)

Sorry mind blanks out.

NCed #1 didn't lose in crews.

Lots of fun this tourney. I don't even care about placings. We all know whats up. Shoutoutz later!

~Also, DF says he's quitting smash.

co_and_me

Smash Lord
Is he really quitting. I thought about it for a while. Everyone was like no you wont or they tried to tell me not too. Although I really dont play as much as I used too.

derf

Smash Ace
had fun. played like ***

good job to hoz and lighted warrior for beating me

congratulations meleeguy!!!

all the usual suspects--i still love you

lighted warrior--good meeting you. youre a chill guy and youre awesome at smash. particularly with fox and that nasty, nasty link

sheer madness--nice meeting you too. youre mad cool and dont worry keep at it and youll get better fast. it can be done--just look at the law

merc--thanks for teaming with me. we did really well i think. i was very happy

the law--thanks for the fest and the housing. i hate your birds and wtf at your sister and her friend showering together at 6am

josh -- dont quit mang marth doesnt need upkeep *sarcasm*. just look at my peach. anyways good chillin with you and ill call you whenever im in town

peace mangs

Top Bottom