• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

4/15/06 Orlando, Fl Gigabits Ssbm Tournament

Ken2

Smash Apprentice
Ill $100 money match you Josh. Best 2/3 on FD. Heres the catch. You have to play with one of Brandon's controllers (aka BROKEN CONTROLLERS) :laugh:

Darkfalchion0813

BRoomer
BRoomer
1. $5 derf marth vs luigi 2/3 blindfolded
2. $100 ken marth vs fox with one of brandons controllers

lmao

actually kenny, y should we team, i mean, i dont NEED a team mate cuz im so good!!!! ill team with IM THE BEST a level 1 comp and win cuz im so sexy. **** im so good....and handsome! :laugh:

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
OMG when did Comp take over DF>_>??

Nah a crew is who they say they are. Anyone looked at the size of Team Arlington recently? Plus DBR is close to 9, and DA has more than nine im sure.

Although yeah we should be able to enter 2 crews. Your sub crewz look about how i divided them, except that fred me gino and darrel were all on the same crew. Mikeg can join whichever crew he wants to when he actually attends (living in GA=not great for FL tourneys).

DF MM $6.34 Your Link vs my Sheik 2/3 You play one handed.
Kenny MM yoshi vs peach??? ROFL

Hey, I can drive.

Now this is CFL hype!

TheLaw

Smash Apprentice
LOL Wow DF, you sound like SFL peeps, I don't require any handicaps on you for me to beat you, if I had you play with both hands at your prime I'd get bored, so how about we money match with items on, it will give you a better chance against me. :laugh:

co_and_me

Smash Lord
lol all bunny hoods!!! those make the best matches ever. Just because both players are at a loss for what to do.

Ken2

Smash Apprentice
Thomas: I think that DBR has 7 people. Personally I think that anything past 7 is caarraaaazzzyy. You think we should just have 2 crews? That way, I can make a banner easily, lol. Maybe it should be...

DarkFalchion
Captain Kenny (lol)
Hozart
TheLaw
Derf (If he wants)

The rest on the other crew. That way you can be on the crew you wanted. Id like to make a banner with just 5 or 4 people. Derf can be on it if he wants. Since there is still one spot open. How does that sound, guys?

Sure Thomas, Ill MM you Peach vs Fox, 2/3 Random Level Select. Lol, weve never done it before. $3? Im poor, lol.

Let me know, so I can start the AWESOME banner. Thx and Peace... in the middle east. lol

[GB]Cecil

Smash Apprentice
Great googely moogely! Yeah, I finally got an account here so I can post in this lovely haven o' messages. In case you didn't know, I'm the tall, spikey haired and somewhat neurotic guy who runs the tournaments for Gigabits. Alright, introductions are boring, so time for the good stuff! Seedings. Yes you turkeys. Seedings. Wanna know more? Well heres the breakdown.

Dude, the breakdown:

1st 70 Points
2nd 60 Points
3rd 55 Points
4th 50 Points
5th 45 Points
6th 40 Points
7th 35 Points
8th 30 Points
9th – 12th 25 Points
13th – 16th 22 Points
17th – 24th 18 Points
25th – 32nd 12 Points
33rd – 64th 6 Points

I have compiled the last tournament into this, and here are the points that everybody has:

1st: 70 - Thomas
2nd: 60 - Josh Herrington
3rd: 55 - Hozart
4th: 50 - Fenrir
5th: 45 - The Law
6th: 40 - Gino
7th: 35 - Fred
8th: 30 - Razr
9th: 25 - Vision
10th: 25 - Daniel
11th: 25 - Dustin
12th: 25 - Angry Lobster
13th: 22 - Merc
14th: 22 - Hazz
15th: 22 - Crom
16th: 22 - Chase
17th: 18 - Michael
18th: 18 - Sepu
19th: 18 - Javier
20th: 18 - Jeff
21st: 18 - Cmen (lol, love the name)
22nd: 18 - .Com
23rd: 18 - Paul
24th: 18 - Mike S.
25th: 12 - Jarlax
26th: 12 - Dave

For the next tournament, if you competed in the 2v2 tournament, I will add points equal to 1/4th of the value of a solo ranking. For example, if your team won a 2v2 tournament, you'd win 70(1/4) points, or 17.5 (18 rounded). 2v2 seedings may or may not be implimented, if they are, I will simply add up both teamate's solo scores, and the two with the highest sum get the highest order of seedings. Right now I have team names of the last tournament, but not the names of the players. Next tournament I'll impliment this!

Remember, these seedings are only the results of the last tournament. I know, we've done a lot before and if I had the brackets of those, I'd impliment them as well. Don't worry, we'll have a very nicely arranged system as we go along.

co_and_me

Smash Lord
GB cecil will there be an all nighter? I havent looked at your pages yet but it seems like other guys here have. It would be dope if you guys did. Anyway about the crew thing... why not have NC as the main crew and then for actual crew battles have two. I mean when everyone is there then split it up but lets say that people go to some tourny up here. There is no way everyone will be there. Plus the people that go wont be from the same crew if its split up. So to me it makes more sense to have it one crew. Then if there are actual crew battles no one can try to be a duche about it and say they arent in the same crew. I realize that most people wouldnt do that. But if you look at the state crew battles thats the way its run. 1 state 1 crew and only people from that state. My point is why not enter as two crews if there are actual crew battles but as a collective whole we are a unified front. Also I kinda like the banners that fenrir came up with but it seems like Ken is more into it. I think the crew should be updated with everyone in it. Then maybe ken can make it specialized for each person with out showing everyone else. Or if he wants to he can have it set up like other crews where everyone is seen.

[GB]Cecil

Smash Apprentice
I'm fine with having an all nighter for smash. I just have to see if I'm able to host that. I don't see why not, but we gotta make it all official and what not. I'll keep ya updated~

Ken2

Smash Apprentice
it was gonna be set up where everyone is in the same banner. But we each have our own banner, where our character will be highlighted or colored or something like that. Im not saying your banners are bad or anything Fenrir, I just really like doing this kind of stuff. So how many people will the banner consist of?

Lol, I hope the other tournaments get put in the seeding. Otherwize I wont be on there.

Question: If Mike G. lives in Georgia, why is he in our crew? I can understand FL residents out of CF being in it, but not an out of stater. Its kinda stretching the rules just a little to far, dont you guys think?

CoandMe: How come your not in a crew? Cant you be in a crew with Wes? He's in Georgia too.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
nah, if we want 2 sub-crews, that's fine. obvious, even.

I do not want to split the crew, though. Cause we all know that not all of us can make it to every tourney. And some tourneys *glares at fort1* only allow "official" crews. If it gets any bigger, then yeah, we should split it, but for right now, let's just have one large "crew".

We can separate for crew battles, though, if enough of our members show up. Here's my idea for sub crews:

Balanced
1:
DF
Kenny
Hozart
Law

2:
Fenrir
exarch
derf
nafix
co_and_me

1 really versatile crew (for an actual crew tourney):

DF
Exarch
Fenrir
Derf
co_and_me/Law

*shudders* that one is a scary crew...

EDIT

kenny: No offense, man, but is there any way you can just stop complaining about every stinkin thing? ... It seems that since you got added to our crew, you have tried to change everything. it's not needed right now. the name is fine. the banners are in the works. Geez, mang, I can understand having opinions, but complaining about everything = not 2 cool...

Ken2

Smash Apprentice
what am I compaining about? I thought we should have a new name. I agreed to just keep the name. No problem. I wasnt compaining about the banners. I was just excited, and eager to help out. What else am I trying to change? Your taking it the wrong way, Darrel. Theres a difference between complaining and suggesting ideas.

exarch

doot doot doot
Cecil is too good! STD FTW

werd to what darrel said. 2 subcrews-thats what i said too. that way we can all participate in the crews... But as I remember it we wouldn'tve been able to compete in FORTcrews if we had actually divided. the 4 of us that went would be on different subcrews. 1 big crew 2 or more subcrews. Team arlington has like 17 people for goodness sakes. NO ONE DIVIDES NCed!!!

Predictions for crew battles:
1st NCed
2nd NCed
3rd Melbourne
4th WATO
5th Crom and the police
6th TAMPA!!

woot.
*shudder* that is a scary crew you've got there darrel

coandme is on a crew. Our crew. Mikeg t3h samus.
Atlanta is no further from gainesville than Ft.Lauderdale. Actually, ATL is closer to gville. Also kenny, Me derf and co played over the summer a LOT. Plus every crew needs a samus. Distance boudaries will be knocked down once revolution comes out.

On a side note, I will be glad to MM your Mewtwo vs my marth Kenny 2/3 $3. sounds good.

co_and_me

Smash Lord
yeah Kenny if you didnt catch on I am Mike G. I m the best Mike G in GA too. Yeah exarch and I really build each others games. Sure the people we play with now have extended where we are at but originally it was just him and I. Then amos and fred. But amos doesnt play anymore. Sure now exarch is at stetson and I am at tech but thats where we originated. I do get together with wes here and there but not a whole lot. Plus I met DF before exarch did. It took me a little while to remeber it but yeah we met at MLG orlando my first big, if any, tourny. Gville to ATl = 5 hours. Gville to FT lauderdale = 5 hours. this is according to mapquest. I have driven to FT lauderdale before and i thought it was a little more than that but eh what ever. Point is that ken between me and you we are about the same distance from Gville. Plus why would you not want me on the crew? Like out of curiosity. Anyway I am stilling thinking about this tourny but 1 close to the end of school 2 long drive alone 3 well i dont have a three but it makes the list longer.

derf

Smash Ace
exarch said:
Predictions for crew battles:
1st NCed
2nd NCed
3rd Melbourne
4th WATO
5th Crom and the police
6th TAMPA!!
**** that 1st NCed is going down *****es

hey crom, are you and your crew coming?

Crom

Smash Journeyman
derf said:
hey crom, are you and your crew coming?

yeah, we've been wanting to do some crew battles. what time is everyone planning on showing up on friday?

edit: does gigabits or anyone have a capture card they're willing to bring? maybe we can record some of the crew battles on one of the gigabits pc's if they allow us to. that would own

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
yo what up peoplez....man i really hope that we can go to this...its up to my dad to bring us....lets see...by the way i have to revise the list...move team WRTO to first and every other crew down 1.....woot woot.....yeah i said....OMFG CFL REPRESENT!!!!! KISSIMEE OMG!!!!!!WOOT WOOT!!!! WE R TEH PWNXORZ!!!!111!!1!!111SHIFT+ 1

-hiroshi

Mav

Furries For The Win
Team FL will take on any crew combination you guys can come up with, and still own you all. *CACA TALK*

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
yeah, what times are the crew battles starting? Vijin is working on friday and gets off at/around 10:30 p.m, since it sounds like its an STD will he/we be able to make it in time for them? Hit us up with the details

Mav

Furries For The Win
Let's not bring up what happened the last time we had a "Whip out the c0ck match." You still have that brooze I gave you on the back of your neck from the last time?

Anyhow, Team FL vs any crew combo at Doodah's revenge. Step it up!!!

exarch

doot doot doot
I think NCed actually has one of the best chances at beating team FL. Lets do it guys.

Whoa whoa there was a whip out you c0ck match and you guys didn't involve me. I think that obviously implies I've got the biggest c0ck and you guys are teh chickenz.

Crew battle start when we want them too.

ROFL WATO winning crews. thats almost as funny of a joke as the FCAT.

Ken2

Smash Apprentice
CoandMe: LMAO. I feel like an idiot. Lol, all this time I thought Mike G was someone else. I had no idea you were him, or that he was you, or whatever, WOW. I didnt say I didnt want you on the crew. I just thought you werent on it and if you werent on it already, you have had to have a good reason. It was the CoandMe and MikeG thing that was screwing me up. Thats awesome that you are on it then. I always see you talking about our crew and stuff and I thought, "Man, he might as well be on the crew, lol" Dude you have to go. Than everyone will be there.

Maverick: Me and Josh are now an unstoppable team. Id love for you to come to Gigabits and bring Flowin or Johnny or somethin. That way, Josh and I can beat the crap outta your team :laugh:. Id love to play you Mav. We still havent played ever. You wanna come over sometime and we can smash? I had the smashfests planned out perfectly but our roomate moved out. She had the comp. So I had no way of contacting any of you guys to come over after she left. But I have a comp now, so we should start doing smashfests over here. Im always off on the weekends now so Fri, Sat, or Sun, are always good for me. Let everyone know about it so we can get it going soon. Sound cool?

Thomas: Mewtwo and Marth? wtf mate? Lmao, my Mewtwo is so bad that I couldnt even list his moves for you by heart. I also never knew that he could double jump cancel into fair :laugh: . Chalk one up for Captain Kenny! But how about a real MM? Peach vs. Fox $3.00, best 2/3? That way its not too much money so the person that loses doesnt crumble into sadness, and enough money that it atleast has some significance (spelled right?).

My predictions for Crews...

1st. Name Cancelled
2nd. Name Cancelled
3rd. Name Cancelled
4th. Name Cancelled
5th. Name Cancelled
etc. etc. etc. :chuckle:

No Thomas, unlike WATO, atleast the FCat made me laugh. :laugh:

FCAT= :laugh: (a funny joke)
WATO= :013: (the weakest team EVER)

Mwarhead

Smash Journeyman
Hey Everyone,

Before the tournament Gigabits will be holding an all night smashfest.

So check it! It starts this friday at 8pm and lasts all the way till the tournament.

Cost $15 dollars - if enough people come we might throw in some suprises.

So anyways I expect it to be a BLAST.

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
yo, if you guys could hold off crews till 10:30 it would be MUCH appreciated, thats prolly when melbourne is gonna get there and wreck shop :p

co_and_me

Smash Lord
So the smash fest is going to be $15? Plus what singles is 10-15. teams? I am still on the fence. I realize i have to decide tonight. If i were goig to come i would have to finish my CS HW tonight which prolly isnt going to happen. Part of me wants to smash. But I realize i dont want to drive 5-6 hours then ride for another 2-3. Then all the money.... IDK

Darkfalchion0813

BRoomer
BRoomer
living legend, bring the other tampa guys if u can, i really wanna play them.

anyway, any other takers for the money matches????? comon, dont be pu$$ys! step up to the plate and show everyone that u have a REAL C0CK, and not a baby carrot! Of course it wont be NEARLY as big as my C0CK, because mine is the biggest, and IM THE BEST! Comon!!!! :chuckle:

and mav, GET UR A$$ DOWN HERE SO U CAN GIVE ME MY 30 DOLLARS U OWE ME FOR THE MONEY MATCH IM GONNA **** U IN!!! :chuckle:

Ken2

Smash Apprentice
Ok, looka like im leaving Thursday night and getting there sometime around 4:00am on Fri. Josh when can I come over on Fri.? I wanna practice before the STD and tournament.

CoandMe: You have to go. If the dont, the whole world is going to be destroyed! If you go, I'll give you a gift. Cant tell you what it is. You'll just have to go to find out. ;)

Do we get anything special for paying $15 for staying at Gigabits all night, besides smashing? Is crews gonna be held during that time, or is that Saturday? Should we bring some food? Im definately gonna get hungry during the wee hours of the night.

Josh: Dont forget the money Mav would be losing in Teams as well, Josh. :laugh:

Team Flinstones Rock!!!! :chuckle:

TheLaw

Smash Apprentice
WTF!? 15 dollars! Come to my house it's free! I found out that I can have it, so if you don't want to pay 15 dollars and still play smash come to my house. Please post if you decide that you are coming to my house tomorrow. I have 3 tvs, will probably need a couple more *cough derf cough cough*, but this is only if you guys decide on not spending an extra 15 dollars.

Ken2

Smash Apprentice
I dont mind either way. Your house would be awesome to go to, just cuz we wouldnt have to pay (which I didnt expect $15). But its cool. We'll just see what the general concencus (spell check?) is. I think crews are gonna be held during the night. Maybe thats why we are paying. I dont know. I could really use the money right now. O wait, no I dont. Im gonna be winning Singles and Teams. :laugh:

exarch

doot doot doot
Kevins house or Gigabits, i don't really care.
Whatever wets your pants.

Is there room for 30 people at your place kevin? Thats about as many as we're expecting for crews.

Crews will take place whereever we decide to go on Friday night. There is no specified starting time for them. We will start when we have everyone we're expecting. Don't worry we'll wait up. Also we might do RR crews so we could start early and play as more crews arrive.

Kenny: why bother with the MM? I don't care mang. I was under the impression that you didn't really MM anyone in the same crew as you though.

Comeon mike, show me how bad im underestimating tampa! (at least i put a couple of ! after tampa.. no one else got that)

OMG KENNY YOU"RE SUCH AN ***!!! >_< >_<

Gigabits people// is there going to be anywhere to sleep at all? and the food situation would be good to know as well. If we leave gigabits will we be charged upon reentry? I need at least a couple of hours of sleep though. Is there a place where i can find answers to the FAQs just link me and that will be fine then.

derf

Smash Ace
hey, im a fan of sleeping. how much would it cost to stay from 8pm until your usual close at 4am and not take part in the all nighter?

TheLaw

Smash Apprentice
30 ppl! I didn't know that many people would show up. No my house could not fit 30 ppl. I don't think 30 ppl are going to show up to the all nighter, especially if it's 15 dollars, that's ridiculous, even if crews were being held, its usually like 6 dollars per person, and even if it were free 30 ppl would not show up. I only see NC, Melbourne, and Tampa, that's like 15.

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
TheLaw said:
30 ppl! I didn't know that many people would show up. No my house could not fit 30 ppl. I don't think 30 ppl are going to show up to the all nighter, especially if it's 15 dollars, that's ridiculous, even if crews were being held, its usually like 6 dollars per person, and even if it were free 30 ppl would not show up. I only see NC, Melbourne, and Tampa, that's like 15.
Crom's crew, that'd be like a good 4 or 5 more, as well as kissimmee which would be 3 more I think? still not 30, but a good amount none the less

TheLaw

Smash Apprentice
WATO is not going to the all nighter I'm pretty sure. He said it depends if his dad takes them or not, and I think they will wait till the next day.

Top Bottom