• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS 3DS Japanese Release Build Demo Event Day II (Keep questions for AMA after event) [TY Zipzo's Wife]

• Thread starter Deleted member 245254
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
Well, in this particular forums it seems a lot of people is pro brawl, seeming how according to this info its shaping to be a brawl 2.0 then im guessing people is really happy with it. Seems like its not entirely a new smash and far away from melee.

Time to accept that this game is shaping to be the continuation of brawl.

You are taking my words out of context. Wanting a character that has play style that is centric of projectiles and zoning is not Brawl and is nowhere an idea original to it. If we're taking games I'd prefer out in smash so far, I prefer Project M. And while this game looks closer to brawl than melee, to call it brawl 2.0 is just as ignorant as thinking wanting a zoner is a Brawl mentality. Please go learn what fighting games are. And if you keep posting ilk like this in a thread to look for positive things in the new smash game I won't hesitate to flag. Have a good day.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I am a bit salty that there isn't a Skyward Sword Zelda alt as that is the best Zelda IMO. Nor that there isn't a Masked Dedede or Outset Link alts. I am curious as to Palutena's colors.

D

Deleted member 245254

I am starting my AMA in a new thread.

I writing the OP up right now with some observations about some popular questions, and then I will let you guys roll out questions. I will attempt to put the questions I answer in the OP. Sit tight!

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
When Shulk changes his arts, does it take any time for it to apply or is it instant?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I am a bit salty that there isn't a Skyward Sword Zelda alt as that is the best Zelda IMO. Nor that there isn't a Masked Dedede or Outset Link alts. I am curious as to Palutena's colors.
There's still hope. It seems as if they deliberately removed some things from this demo build.

Now a question I want to know is did the demo only allow you to play vs. matches? Or was the demo encompassing of things like Smash Run and what not?

If so Smash Run could be info to see if there are enemies in there from series we previously saw that might've been cut, etc.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
There's still hope. It seems as if they deliberately removed some things from this demo build.

Now a question I want to know is did the demo only allow you to play vs. matches? Or was the demo encompassing of things like Smash Run and what not?

If so Smash Run could be info to see if there are enemies in their from series we previously saw that might've been cut, etc.
Yeah, there is always hope for missing content in my heart but it would put it to ease by actually hearing/seeing it. I hope we get at least a trophy.

Dcas

Smash Journeyman
You are taking my words out of context. Wanting a character that has play style that is centric of projectiles and zoning is not Brawl and is nowhere an idea original to it. If we're taking games I'd prefer out in smash so far, I prefer Project M. And while this game looks closer to brawl than melee, to call it brawl 2.0 is just as ignorant as thinking wanting a zoner is a Brawl mentality. Please go learn what fighting games are. And if you keep posting ilk like this in a thread to look for positive things in the new smash game I won't hesitate to flag. Have a good day.
Ehh that reply was for johnknight, not for you but ok. Uhmm sure, go ahead and flag me for stating my opinion about the impressions im getting with this information.

kaliskonig

Smash Journeyman
AMA Questions: Did you hear any new music while playing? Is FD Link a full model change or a palette swap similar to those on brawl vault?

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I'm actually glad Peach's second jump is the same height as it was in Brawl's, clarification is great.
You repeatedly impress w/ the amount of love you put into the community. Thank you for ALL of this!!

Very excited to watch your stream on launch.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
I never actually mentioned the tipper, although I did mention his range.

I also mentioned his strong aerial game (which is of low priority now), his ability to control space, and his ability to combo.

You can disagree with those specific arguments, but don't pretend like one or the other is my only argument.
Huh? He was agreeing with you, not being sarcastic.

Last edited:

kaliskonig

Smash Journeyman
Just realized you are the same guy I watched play Xenoblade the other night. Sweet! lol
On topic: I wonder if anyone else has color palettes for their Alts or is it exclusively for Mac.

Kamikam70

Smash Cadet
Just realized you are the same guy I watched play Xenoblade the other night. Sweet! lol
On topic: I wonder if anyone else has color palettes for their Alts or is it exclusively for Mac.
Apparently, it's Mac only. Olimar/Alph only have 4 colors each.

bekindrewind

Smash Apprentice
I've read Pac-Man's alts are just his gloves and shoes changing color, but someone else said he has accessories? Does he have his hat from Pac-Land?

Thee Incubus

Smash Journeyman
All we really know is that his Side-B is Gordos only and he has a new Final Smash.
Odd to me they seemed to have taken out all sources of Waddle Dees. Knowing Sakurai's love for the Kirby Franchise, I can't imagine it was just to make them Smash Run enemies only.

Kamikam70

Smash Cadet
Odd to me they seemed to have taken out all sources of Waddle Dees. Knowing Sakurai's love for the Kirby Franchise, I can't imagine it was just to make them Smash Run enemies only.
If you are implying a possible Bandana Dee character, don't hold your breath. BDs will be Smash Run only. I could bet on it. But, we never know, for sure...

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Also, to add on to the Alph alt question, when it goes to Olimar's winning screen, does it actually use that alt costume's (in this case Alph) name instead of Olimar?

Thee Incubus

Smash Journeyman
If you are implying a possible Bandana Dee character, don't hold your breath. BDs will be Smash Run only. I could bet on it. But, we never know, for sure...
I definitely don't expect a character, but maybe an assist trophy of some sort.

Kamikam70

Smash Cadet
Also, to add on to the Alph alt question, when it goes to Olimar's winning screen, does it actually use that alt costume's (in this case Alph) name instead of Olimar?
That, I really don't know. You should ask it on the upcoming AMA. ^^

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Brood, one of the top players for Brawl in Japan, is an Olimar main. He played him at the event and stated the following:

"Olimar is included in the game. To my surprise, there is another character for him, properly named 'Pikmin & Alph'." (on Twitter)

Last edited:

Kamikam70

Smash Cadet
Brood, one of the top players for Brawl in Japan, is an Olimar main. He played him at the event and stated the following:

"Olimar is included in the game. To my surprise, there is another character, properly named 'Pikmin & Alph'." (on Twitter)
Well, it seems logical. I guess Bowser Jr's name will also change to each different Koopaling.

By the way, I'm sorry to ask this to you all, but... I probably won't be here for the AMA, so could someone please ask something for me ? I'd like some details about Robin's alternate colors...

Noiblade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
47keyblader
Well, it seems logical. I guess Bowser Jr's name will also change to each different Koopaling.

By the way, I'm sorry to ask this to you all, but... I probably won't be here for the AMA, so could someone please ask something for me ? I'd like some details about Robin's alternate colors...
I'll ask for you.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
I won't be around for the AMA either, but so long as we get a detailed impression on Sonic and learn whether or not Fierce Deity Link is just a recolor or actually has a new model for the armor I'm good.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Just let me know when I can ask a few questions for the AMA. I don't wanna make some mistakes. So far, this stuff is promising.

Last edited:

condemor

Smash Rookie
Could you check if there is bonuses after the battles?

I mean, like in Melee, "flying meteor", "pacifist", etc.
That disappeared on Brawl. Could you tell us if it returns, please?

Thank you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom